Babies on the Brain

Weekly Chat 1/8

This is how I feel heading to work after working from home the last 3 days due to snow and waiting for another holiday weekend.
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: Weekly Chat 1/8

• I have no idea how it happened, but I've been feeling sick for the last 3 days. Working today has been so rough. This has also been me today. 

*TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @meggyme - omg, that dog is adorable!! look at all that snow! glad you were able to work from home!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Loading the player...
  • @catlady2015 hope you feel better soon!

@meggyme I love that gif, haha. Hopefully work wasn't too bad for you!

Im just meh so far this week. It's the first full week back to work since Christmas, and then another short week next week. The winter months spoil me with days off, lol (work at a bank).

One good thing, DH and I got tile ordered! It's just for the entry way from the garage and the bathroom right there by the entry, but it's a start to some of the big stuff we have planned to fix the house to sell! We're doing a light wood-look tile, almost that gray looking wood. The bathroom will be three walls white and one wall a lavender that my mom painted forever ago, she did some textural thing to it, and I love it so we want to keep it, so planning the bathroom around the wall basically!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 I love diy projects. Share pics when it’s done!
  • We had an early dismissal yesterday and a delay today so I can’t complain! Definitely a slow start back to a full work week after the holidays!

@CecilB93 Ditto on posting pictures! My H and I have a list of projects to work on this winter, and one of them is to update the bathrooms!
  • @catlady2015 - I sure hope you feel better soon!! 

I realized yesterday that I have no scheduled days off until Memorial Day!! I'm new at the company, so I'm not eligible for PTO until the end of April - so Memorial Day is the next holiday. I'm hopeful there will be a day or two in between that they will let us out early, but I can't count on it... UGH!! It's gonna be a long few months... 
  • meggymemeggyme member
    edited January 2018
    I need to fix the drafts in my house around the doors and windows, but it’s been too cold lately to do. That might be on my to do list while MH is gone this weekend and the weather is nice.
  • @kimberbeep I'm in the same boat! My next one in March 30th. so long! 
  • clbnessclbness member
    edited January 2018
    Happy Tuesday, ladies!  I introed last month and then kind of disappeared off TB during the holidays.  I hope you all had a nice holiday!

@meggyme Where do you live where you're getting all the good snow?  I'm in Denver and our winter has been so mild (is it weird that I'm sad about that?!).  :/ 

@CecilB93 I LOVE they greyish looking wood type flooring.  Have fun with your home improvements!

DD was sick all last week with a high fever and an upper respiratory infection.  Thank goodness it was still slow from the holidays and my workload didn't pile up too bad.  And I just got the estimate back for repairs on my Jeep for a fender bender I was in last Thursday...$5050.  What the what?!  

ETA @catlady2015 I hope you get to feeling better!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @clbness I’m in Coastal Virginia, where we are NOT prepared for snow like this. Today was my first day back since Wednesday because of the 7-8” we got. There are lots of roads still unplowed, but we’re supposed to get some warmer weather to melt it by this weekend. But it’s like driving through a slurpy. I hope your insurance can cover some of the repair bill. Yikes!
  • @kimberbeep Ugh that is a long stretch with no days off!
    @clbness That's a lot for a fender bender! Boo!
    @meggyme You guys did get a lot of snow! I'm up in Northern VA and we got maybe a dusting haha

• @meggyme I love that dog gif, lol.

@catlady2015 Feel better soon!

@CecilB93 Yay for having the tile ordered and projects sorted! I hope they go smoothly and aren't too annoying.

@dogmomma271 Yay for short days at work!

@kimberbeep By "scheduled days off", you mean during your work week, right? Otherwise if you have no days off at all until Memorial Day, that will really suck.

@meggyme Good luck with the drafts! Are you just going to caulk, or add insulation?

@clbness That's a huge bill for a fender bender O.o Our car was totaled last month, though, so it makes me wonder what all was wrong with it, since (as far as we know) it was just back end damage and a window. I'm sorry your DD was sick! Hopefully she's feeling better.

We had a close call in the car tonight which prompted an anxiety attack. We were originally gonna go to a movie, but I couldn't calm down enough to get back in the car for more than a few minutes, so we just came home. I was supposed to get referred to a therapist, but the referral coordinator at my clinic still hasn't gotten back to me, so I'm gonna call them tomorrow and pester them.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Hi everyone, just joining in today after a couple weeks of lurking some boards (rejoining tb after being absent for a while). I made an intro earlier today.

All of the home renovation projects sound like fun :) I feel so limited in my decorating options in an apartment 

• @tumbleweed-2 I'm in the same boat. We live in an apartment and will for the foreseeable future, so there isn't much renovating we can do, lol.
  • @dreamscapes_ I’m sorry you had an anxiety attack. I hope your coordinator gets with the program quickly.

My plan is to get some adhesive weather stripping to put in the window casing to help it seal better. I don’t really have a plan for my front door, so I’m going to see what Home Depot has.
  • @dreamscapes_ I hope you get your referral soon. And at least with apartments, generally problems are on the managers/owners to fix, so that's nice.  We'll be in them for the foreseeable future as well.

• Gonna be a while on the bathroom renovation, but I'll post pics when it gets done! Tile won't be here till end of January, and we still have to get other stuff plus find money for a new vanity. We're gonna take a look at IKEA, lol.

@dreamscapes_ omg I forgot to tell you! It was so weird...so you mentioned a few weeks ago that you found out you had GAP on your car loan and needed to call the bank, right?  Well like a day or two later we got a call from a customer who was in an accident, car was totaled, and they were inquiring about their GAP! So freaky because I'm about 99.99% sure that no one on the board lives near me, so it can't be you. Sorry if this is creepy, but that customers situation made me think of you, lol. Creepiness aside, I'm sorry about the panic attack today, hopefully you can get in to see a therapist soon!

@clbness hope your DD feels better soon!

@tumbleweed-2 we hated apartment living, took the first chance we had to get out! We're living in my moms old house and planning some updates, then we'll sell and buy a house we plan to stay in for many many years. Along with apartment living, I'm so tired of moving!! Counting college, I've moved in/out 13 times in the last 6 years! Total of 7 places. I'm sick of moving  :|
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 that’s so much moving! I hope you can stay put for a while. We tend to move about every two years- and I thought that was a lot 
  • @tumbleweed-2 it's so high because of college, moving in and out of a new dorm/apartment each year. But, in the 4 years DH and I have been together we've lived in 3 places, so we're ready to be done moving after we sell this house!! Lol. Every two years is still a lot, too!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @dreamscapes_ - Rude of me to forget that not everyone works a m-f 8-5 job... I get weekends off, but no additional days off until Memorial day. If I had to work 7 days a week for the next 5 months I might go crazy! Sorry you had an anxiety attack that kept you from seeing your movie. I hope you get your referral today! 
  • @meggyme Could you get a draft pillow for the front door, at least until the weather changes and you can make necessary adjustments? Or is the draft coming in around the whole door?

@tumbleweed-2 This is true. That's the one thing we like about renting.

@CecilB93 That's kind of funny :D It obviously wasn't us, but we'd called everyone on the same day. We're still waiting on the paperwork so we can get everything moving on it. DH is supposed to call the insurance people today to ask about the paperwork (and where the car is because we forgot our apartment parking permit in. And that is a LOT of moving!

I called and made the therapist appointment myself. The earliest they could get me in on my day off was the 31st, but at least it's scheduled.
  • @kimberbeep Lol, not rude :) I just wanted to make sure. I didn't get the referral, but I just made the appointment myself because I was tired of waiting.
  • @meggyme Wow, that's quite a bit for you guys up there!  It dusted twice here in October and then had only one day of measurable snow in December...that's it.  I THINK we will only have to pay a few hundred bucks out of pocket *fingers crossed*

@dogmomma271 I thought so too...total boo!

@dreamscapes_  Creepy internet hugs to you on the panic attack...I hope it is smooth sailing for you between now and your appointment.  <3  Thank you, DD finally kicked the fever!  You just never know which way an insurance company will go on damages!  Sorry your car was totaled...I hope everyone was OK.

@CecilB93 Thank you, she's feeling much better! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @dreamscapes_ I think it’s the whole door. We have a draft pillow for our side door that stays locked but it’s still cold. And the threshold on the front door doesn’t really accommodate the same fix. I also think the wooden door shrunk from the cold, so it’s draftier than normal.
  • @clbness Hopefully it will be! I'm glad your DD is feeling better. My DH and I were okay after the accident, just some bumps and bruises and things like that. Dunno about the other driver, as we didn't speak to him because we were taken to the ER in an ambulance.

@meggyme That is really annoying. I'm sure this isn't something you're interested in, and it's only a temporary fix, but my parents hung a heavy blanket over a door we had like that in their old house. My dad could have easily replaced the door, but he refused because it would "damage the integrity of the house", which made no sense.