Infertility
Options

Hello Ladies! IVF Newbie!

edited January 2018 in Infertility
Hello ladies!

So excited to finally get to embark on this journey with you all! It puts ease in my heart knowing that there is a huge community of women to lean on!

A little bit about myself. My H is 41.5 and I'm 38.5 and we have been TTC for 10 years now. In that time we've tried everything from timing, diet, to "not trying", you name it! So, we finally decided to start IVF. We had our first consultation Dec 7 and I must admit, we left that appointment excited, yet full of fear. The reality of our age and the challenges we are going to have as a result was not only heartbreaking but shocking as well. I knew our age was going to be a factor however, I didn't realize just how great of one (foolish I know, blame celebrities for that mindset lol). So, of course I have the guilt of regretting waiting so long, but in reality we were never in a position to take on IVF until now. So, lots of emotions going on! 

On to the good stuff! We decided to hit the ground running and started BC on Dec 16 and I will be taking my last pill tonight and start stims on Friday....woohoo! We have our first ER set around the 24th of Jan. Due to my age, my RE wants to do 2 rounds of ER. We are also doing CS testing and ICSI. So, if everything goes as planned we will implant little embabies in April sometime!

Question for the IVF pros out there. Has anyone ever moved forward with IVF not having current 3 day labs... (and my most recent was 6 months old)? Due to a communication issue with my coordinator I started my BC the day of my period rather then the day after and therefore my RE said to skip labs and that it was ok to move forward on the BC. Me being trusting in my RE was OK with that since I'm so excited to get started. But I have since done some research and wondering if it was a good idea and I found they use your labs typically to determine the dosing for the medication.  I'm worried about my dose being off and it either being too high and cause over stimulation or too low of a dose and not produce enough. Also, I see most people on these forums have had a fertility diagnosis but our RE has never mentioned anything specific. Is it because we are just starting this process and you don't really know what the issues causing infertility are until you get further into it?

Re: Hello Ladies! IVF Newbie!

• Options
    Welcome to the board and good luck to you! Don't worry about the 3 day labs, my RE said the results are good for 12 month, so your's are not expired yet! Also they will monitor you closely and most likely adjust the dosage anyway. ( They usually start low and then increase). Good luck, it is hard and challenging journey, but it should be all worth it at the end.
    Me 30, DH 39
    TTC since Aug 2015, 
    BFP Apr 2017 - late diagnosed EP, right tube removed, left tube scarred.
    Dx: tubal IF
    IVF Sept 2017, 7 R, 6M, 6F- 4 blasts, 1 transferred fresh - CP
    FET #1 Dec 2017- BFN
    FET #2 Jan 2018- CP
    FET #3 BFP!!! EDD 12/15/2018!
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the prompt response! That is so relieving to know! Like I mentioned in my previous post, we hit the ground running and I thought I knew enough about IVF to move forward. However, I realize I know NOTHING and we will truly be learning as we go! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @pnwcoffeeminer Welcome! There is a "January IVF" thread that you may want to check out. It's full of ladies also undergoing IVF in January so you will have some company as well as the opportunity to learn lots of information and ask questions. 

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    @tosh24 Thank you! I will definitely jump on over there as well! :)