Baby Names
Options

Opinions on girl's name

edited January 2018 in Baby Names
So we are trying to narrow these names down and cant decide, we're very torn. We need to use an M name for family reasons and are choosing to do that with the middle name. But are having trouble coming up with a good one that flows well with the first. Also we would like something that will go with our son Bradley-Any suggestions are appreciated and all will be considered! If we went with Gabriella we would give her a nickname of Brielle.... 

Opinions on girl's name 59 votes

Gabriella Maxine
86% 51 votes
Brittany Makayla
3% 2 votes
Jordan Mabel
10% 6 votes

Re: Opinions on girl's name

• Options
    Love Gabrielle Maxine 
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I also like Anna but am unsure of it
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Like Mabel but to me Jordan is a boy's name. Voted Gabrielle Maxine, it's lovely
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I think it's clear what the popular opinion is but how does everyone feel about Brielle for short?? 
  • Options
    I think it's clear what the popular opinion is but how does everyone feel about Brielle for short?? 
    I don’t love Brielle but don’t dislike it.  If she doesn’t like it she can go by Gabriella.  If you don’t like Gabby keep in mind she might choose that later too.
  • Options
    Brielle is not my personal preference, but since it’s a nickname, I think it’s fine. 
  • Options
    Ok i appreciate any kind of input!! Now considering the popularity of that one what do you all think about the name Aubrielle or Aubriella instead ?
  • Options
    Ok i appreciate any kind of input!! Now considering the popularity of that one what do you all think about the name Aubrielle or Aubriella instead ?
    Trendy smoosh name. 
  • Options
    I dislike both of those.  I love Gabriella Or Gabrielle and if you want to use nn Brielle that works.  But if you are stretching to find a name that would nn to Brielle and you would be upset if she chose a different nn, you might as well name her Brielle Maxine. 
  • Options
    Fwiw. Brie/Brielle is very popular/trendy right now.
  • Options
    Thank you for such good advice, we definitely have some decisions to make......What are everyone's thoughts on Mabel, possibly for a first name?
  • Options
    mb0112mb0112 member
    edited January 2018
    Thank you for such good advice, we definitely have some decisions to make......What are everyone's thoughts on Mabel, possibly for a first name?
    I go back and forth— sometimes liking it, as a short and sweet vintage name that could make a comeback but remain relatively unique, sometimes feeling like it’s too old lady or clunky. 

Eta- have you considered Maxine as the first name? Maxine Gabrielle?
  • Options
    Mabel is okay. I like classic and underused, but it also isn’t very pretty to me. I like Maxine as a first name. Or what about Meredith, Maeve, Maggie, Macy, Madelyn? I agree with others, I like Gabrielle/Gabriella but not so much the nn’s And not Aubriella... 
  • Options
    I think Mabel is better than Brielle/aubrielle
  • Options
    Mabel is nice, but I still like Gabriella better....I dislike Aubrielle. 
  • Options
    You said you liked Anna as well so I like the combination of Anna Maxine and Anna Gabrielle.  

As for Brielle, I'm not a fan of that name at all.  

• Options
    I agree that Gabriella is better rather than using Brielle as a full name, and that is at the top of my list right now it just isnt DH's first choice. Another one we are considering is Brittany but need some opinions, the mn to pair with it is negotiable 
  • Options
    If not Makayla we would probably make it brittany Maxine 
  • Options
    Gabriella still the front runner for me over Brittany. Gabriella is timeless/classic. Brittany screams 70s/80s 
  • Options
    I really like Gabriella Maxine.  I agree that it is a timeless name.
  • Options
    Thank you so much ladies! Pretty sure we are going to go with that one, i have played around with the idea of other names in my head but have always just gone back to this name every time!!! It's the one name that stands out most to me!!