April 2018 Moms

PGAL Check In - 01/01

Ack, I almost missed another Monday due to holiday shenanigans!  I hope everyone had a lovely holiday, and if you didn't, it is at least behind you now!  Catch us up, how are you doing?

How far along are you?

Any appointments coming up?

Questions?

How are you doing? (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here)

GTKY: Did you get any awesome loot this year?  What was your favorite gift that you received, and what was your favorite gift that you gave?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: PGAL Check In - 01/01

• How far along are you? 23 weeks tomorrow

Any appointments coming up? I have my MFM appt and possibly my amnio tomorrow morning. 

Questions?  None at the moment

How are you doing? (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here). Doing okay I guess. I really still don't want to do this amnio. I hate the risk and I'm scared of getting a bad result. 

GTKY: Did you get any awesome loot this year?  What was your favorite gift that you received, and what was your favorite gift that you gave?  DH and I didn't do gifts this year. Our Christmas was a trip to Florida haha. Even though it was technically for medical reasons. 
  • petethecatpetethecat member
    edited January 2018
    Thinking of you this morning @sparklingdiamond! I hope that the amnio goes smoothly and that you'll update later. Hugs <3

How far along are you? 
    23+4

Just a regular one next week.

Questions?
    Any STMs feeling more scared about labor/birth this time around? I've started really worrying and sweating all the things that could go wrong or differently than last time. I feel like it was easier when I hadn't already been through it. Maybe that's weird!

How are you doing?
    Good! I'm really happy to be almost 24 weeks. The viability chart that was posted this week was really encouraging to see.

GTKY: Did you get any awesome loot this year? What was your favorite girl ft that you received, and what was your favorite gift that you gave?
    MH and I just did stocking stuffers this year because we have been spending a ton on house projects recently. He got me a pair of fuzzy, grippy socks/slippers that I love. I'm about some fuzzy socks always. Favorite gift given was DD's play kitchen. She loves it!
  • Loading the player...
  • @sparklingdiamond FX on your appt today!  With the weather up north being what it is, I am wishing I had gone to FL for Xmas too!

@kbamomma33 I feel you on the birth nerves.   I think the first time around I was just younger and after first tri the pregnancy went so smoothly that I just assumed  a healthy birth.  I feel like I have more anxiety about the birth this go around.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    25 weeks

I had labs drawn this morning but nothing until 1/22 unless labs come back bad. 

Questions? 
    I’m thinking about starting a high risk check in. I feel badly venting to dd all the time and taking over other posts but I feel like I need some commeraderie from other moms riding anxiety roller coaster with me!  

How are you doing? (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here). 
    I know there is no such thing as “jinxing” your pregnancy but I’m feeling so crushed after hitting the emotional relief point of viability to getting diagnosed with choleostasis a week later. I feel like I’ve gotten more “attached” to this nugget than I let myself with my previous pregnancies and I’m really frightened of the stillbirth risk as we as the risk of prematurity. After my first miscarriage i have kept a distance from babies in utero emotionally to protect myself and I suddenly am feeling like I let my guard down and I’m about to be crushed again.    

GTKY: Did you get any awesome loot this year?  

barnes and noble gift cards (totaling $140!). My first purchase was the illustrated version of Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone!  I started reading a chapter a night to DD who just turned 6. She’s really getting into the story and loves the pictures!  I love hearing her talk about the plot lines and what she picks up!  
  • @riversdoctor I'm sorry that you're feeling like you're setting yourself up for heartbreak. It must be especially hard with the high risk issues at play. The Harry Potter is exciting though! 
  • @riversdoctor I'm sorry that you're feeling like you're setting yourself up for heartbreak. It must be especially hard with the high risk issues at play. The Harry Potter is exciting though! 
    Thanks it’s so weird when you know on an intellectual level the thought has no merit but in a gut level you still feel guilty!  Biggest fear I have is that my SIL is due right after me and I’m worried of worst case scenario for me and perfectly normal for her always having that comparison the rest of my life. My mom and her sister had babies 4 months apart. My brother was a healthy typical baby and my cousin has a chromosomal micro deletion (4p-). So each big milestone and celebration for my mom was also a grieving with her sister of what my cousin could never do. 
  • @riversdoctor I am so sorry you are feeling that way and totally understand the whole fear of the comparison thing.  I hope things continue to go well with you and you should totally start a thread for that.
  • @riversdoctor ((hugs)) I would feel the same way in your place.  The good news is that in just 2 short weeks, your baby hits really high levels of viability!  And each week you manage to hold on after that just makes things easier and easier.  Hang in there, you are a brave and awesome momma.
    BabyFetus Ticker