February 2018 Moms

35 and over Moms- January

How is everyone doing????

Re: 35 and over Moms- January

• Great! Feeling super pregnant today when we were out and about, but we're in the home stretch?  :D

Happy New Year everyone!
  • Also feeling super pregnant. Doesn’t help DH says every day, “ hey babe! You really look pregnant.“  I take all of that with a grain of salt though. He’s just doing it to tease me/our of fun. 

At this point, I’m just hoping my blood pressure holds out and stays relatively normal.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've started throwing up again which is annoying, also trying to keep my blood pressure under control.

I don't feel prepared for her to be here yet so I need to get organized, I need more energy.  
  • @BrittaniLC haha, when I mention feeling especially pregnant my DH just looks at me as if to say... 'well... you are pregnant....'
  • It is completely freaking me out that people had babies this week!  Makes it so real and I am not ready yet!
  • babybro218babybro218 member
    edited January 2018
    @chucksmom15 I was having a little anxiety over these thoughts this morning. It’s getting really real. DH kept making comments like, “This time next year we’ll have an almost 1 yr old,” and “The next time we do this will be with a baby...” 

Baby has also been moving like crazy this week. I’ve been watching my stomach move like the scene in Alien. It feels like this kid is trying to come out through my belly button.
  • Gals it's 2018! Our babies birth year is finally here!
    +1 on freaking out about babies being born, and life changing. +1 for feeling really pregnant. 
    And now I'm freaking out about what to do with her once she's mine.....at least DH is as clueless as I am so we will learn together. 
  • mooses77 said:
    I've started throwing up again which is annoying, also trying to keep my blood pressure under control.

I don't feel prepared for her to be here yet so I need to get organized, I need more energy.  
    I have tons of energy, I just can't physically do what needs to get done.  Either its to heavy,  or my belly gets in the way,  or i can't fit where i need to (again because of the belly) or reach far enough, or my body just doesn't bend that way anymore. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • +1 to baby moving around a lot and feeling very pregnant! It's exciting, yet nerve wracking that we'll see our babies soon. 

I have a busy month this month (DH's bday and all our baby-related classes are this month), so the days will fly by!
  • +1 to baby moving around a lot and feeling very pregnant! It's exciting, yet nerve wracking that we'll see our babies soon. 

I have a busy month this month (DH's bday and all our baby-related classes are this month), so the days will fly by!

Stuck in box:
    We've got all of our classes and the hospital tour in the back half of this month too. Then she can come whenever she wants! ;)
  • Happy new year! Kinda freaking out a bit that he's coming and soon. DH set up the pack and play last night. And at dinner my family put down bets on when they think he's coming. My mom thinks the 20th, which is the earliest prediction. (PS the comments on how big I am, thanks mom).
  • +1 to feeling super pregnant and baby moving around like crazy.  I absolutely cannot get comfortable at night and last night I was pretty much in tears because I was so uncomfortable and couldn't sleep.

I'm actually happy to be back at work today, since sitting at a desk all day is easier than chasing around a toddler and relentlessly organizing the house (nesting much?).  
    DS 2.07.15
    #2 due 2.15.18
  • Happy New Year!

Feeling pretty good.  Still nauseated in the morning but no throwing up, thankfully.  The last couple of nights I've had some very mild cramping down low.  I don't think I'm having contractions b/c it doesn't come in waves, move back to front, etc.  It's just a dull, constant cramp that's gone by morning.  I had to go back to taking both fiber supplements and stool softeners (sorry, TMI) and am wondering if it's digestive discomfort I'm feeling rather than anything baby related.  I'll ask the doctor when I go in tomorrow.

Add me to the list of those trying to figure out what the heck I'm going to do with a baby.  I don't think I've even held a baby in close to 20 years so the first few days could be very interesting!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @fatted_calf I've had the mild cramping down low too!  It doesn't really feel like contractions though, so I've been writing it off as some kind of gas pain since I haven't had any other symptoms and it comes and goes.  Let us know what your doc says.
    DS 2.07.15
    #2 due 2.15.18
  • @awb1216 @fatted_calf I've been having those too. I got two possible explanations... Nurse said it could just be the uterus' reaction to all of the stretching. OB said it could be a form of Braxton Hicks or false contractions. Fatted calf, I'm curious what your provider will say. Either way, no fun :(

In my case both said not to worry unless it was accompanied by bleeding or progressed to something like a more regular contraction. They suggested water and feet up.
  • I guess I’m doing as best as I can expect at this point. I got my BFF to help out when my parents are out of town so that’s one less stressor. Baby is crazy active and loves to remind me how big he is getting by trying to stick his foot through my stomach. Very uncomfortable.  Still have a fair amount of stuff to do but i’m not going to stress about it. It will all eventually get done.  

I’ve been getting a lot of back spasms these last few days and there really isn’t much I can do about it. I’m sitting with a heating pad now but otherwise I just need to deal with it. Fun times. 
  • I guess I’m doing as best as I can expect at this point. I got my BFF to help out when my parents are out of town so that’s one less stressor. Baby is crazy active and loves to remind me how big he is getting by trying to stick his foot through my stomach. Very uncomfortable.  Still have a fair amount of stuff to do but i’m not going to stress about it. It will all eventually get done.  

I’ve been getting a lot of back spasms these last few days and there really isn’t much I can do about it. I’m sitting with a heating pad now but otherwise I just need to deal with it. Fun times. 
    YES to all of this.  Watching my stomach is like watching a scene from Alien.  I love the reassurance of the movement, but COME ON.  I've also found that I can't stand for long anymore.  My hip was killing me just from making the bed.  
  • This baby likes to scare the crap out of me at 4:45am if I’m laying on my left side. It’s like it finally is fed up with the lack of space and literally stomps its’ feet waking me up and freaking me out! DD was never this active in utero!
  • According to the Dr the mild crampy feeling I've been getting down low is most likely stretching/achiness as the baby starts to move that way.  Could also have been from a growth spurt this week.  It hasn't happened since Monday night either so she wasn't concerned.

Appointment and NST went well yesterday.  I found it interesting that the nurse was able to see the baby kicking & moving my belly while she was using the doppler I really couldn't feel what she was seeing.  She had me sit up a little & watch and I could definitely see the movement but still not feel it.  Most of the movement I feel is down low while this was happening up high.  Just another testament to how different each and every pregnancy/woman is.    
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Got the stupid cold everyone and their brother has. Nausea Han returned in the mornings most days. No vomit knock on wood. 

Also add me to the crampy down low club. Happens most nights whenever I finally sit down and am done for the day. 

This pregnancy has gone by way faster then the first. Which I am thankful for. I’ll be honest and say I’m ready to be done! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Chawk17Chawk17 member
    edited January 2018

Appointment and NST went well yesterday.  I found it interesting that the nurse was able to see the baby kicking & moving my belly while she was using the doppler I really couldn't feel what she was seeing.  She had me sit up a little & watch and I could definitely see the movement but still not feel it.  Most of the movement I feel is down low while this was happening up high.  Just another testament to how different each and every pregnancy/woman is.    
    This...
    I can't feel baby kick....so I always find it humorous when I see her going crazy on ultrasound and I'm like " nope...not registering any of that!"
    At first I was sad not to feel kicks....but co workers are getting rib and other painful kicks and I'm left  feeling a bit lucky. 

• @Chawk17 Same thing here with ultrasounds.  The only time it bugs me is when I realize I haven't felt much movement and have to go lay down to do kick counts.  The baby has had more sluggish days that I'd like but now I wonder how much of that was just me not feeling the movement.  But I'm with you, lack of rib kicks is just fine!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Started the weekly appointments and ultrasounds this week at 34 weeks.  The first scan showed LO is at 40% on growth.  I’m mostly vegetarian, so I was told to up my protein and he needs me to eat 100 g per day.  Eating is difficult.  I can only eat a tiny bit and then feel really uncomfortable.  Definitely feeling the difference between doing this in my 20s and now in my 40s!

Yes to the Alien movie!  I swear this kid is trying to stretch out spread eagle.  Ouch!
  • @olitwinturbosnprincess would protein shakes help? Some of them are not as terrible as they could be :/
  • Possibly.  DH likes to experiment with different health foods, so I’m sure I could give him the suggestion and he’ll show up with all kinds of options.  I’m thinking I need to keep yogurt and nuts on hand.
  • hi , im 43 and almost 34 weeks pregnant with my third , the others are 15 and 19 ,my man is 12 years my junior. he has a 11 year old . im over being pregnant ..it is hot in Australia right now, not sleeping and im super uncomfortable physically. ill be having the baby scheduled caesarian 37 or 38 weeks , because the placenta is fully over the cervix. and not expected to move, but iys ok ive got my head around it.
  • atalante said:
    @olitwinturbosnprincess would protein shakes help? Some of them are not as terrible as they could be :/
    I have found the shakology protein shakes mixed with milk and ice are just like real milkshakes. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mamaof5already That sounds like something I could manage!  Where do you get them?
  • Random thought I had as I was trying to get comfortable in bed for the 419th time last night... Rolling over with this big belly is a lot like when I first learned how to maneuver a 3 point turnaround in the car.  I always needed at least 5 attempts before I got it right.  It takes me about as many grunts/scooches/tugs to roll over these days.  I can almost picture myself as a giant SUV trying to turn around in a little alley.

Or I could simply be goofy from lack of sleep and baby brain.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Random thought I had as I was trying to get comfortable in bed for the 419th time last night... Rolling over with this big belly is a lot like when I first learned how to maneuver a 3 point turnaround in the car.  I always needed at least 5 attempts before I got it right.  It takes me about as many grunts/scooches/tugs to roll over these days.  I can almost picture myself as a giant SUV trying to turn around in a little alley.

This Made me giggle. And I can totally relate. It all sounds like my process to get comfy in my pillow fort every night! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lol great analogy and so true. I hate to do it in front of DH cuz he just starts laughing. 
  • @clc515 Yes!  My husband is entirely too entertained by my mobility struggles.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mamaof5already That sounds like something I could manage!  Where do you get them?
    From the beachbody website,  you don't have to be a member to buy,  but its cheaper if you like it to become a member. https://www.teambeachbody.com/shop/us/b/shakeology?locale=en_US&fromShakeology=true#categorySectionIdentifier 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @clc515 Yes!  My husband is entirely too entertained by my mobility struggles.
    YES!  He even points and laughs.  WTH?
  • *knock knock knock*  Everyone still hanging in there?

36 week checkup went fine yesterday except my little stinker has turned breech again.   :|  I see a lot of yoga ball sitting and baby spinning exercises in my future this weekend.

I've had a nasty cold all week and am scared to death of the flu.  It's so bad this year, seems like every day there's another story about someone dying from it.  Here's to a healthy homestretch for all of us!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @fatted_calf I hear you with being concerned about the flu. It's bad this year. I'll probably keep LO held up at home for the 1st 8 weeks as much as possible until he can get his 8 week shots. 
  • @fatted_calf and @msunshine123
    this is one of the worst flu seasons we have seen in 10 years. We must ensure proper hand hygiene and at the suspection of exposure call a doctor for Tamiflu which is safe in pregnancy
  • @fatted_calf I hear you on the cold. Day three for me, I thought I was on the upswing but now find myself with no voice. I don't think it would be so bad if unbroken sleep was an option...
  • @atalante Same here.  I know a long, good night's rest would help tremendously but that's hard to come by these days.  And I'm not experiencing no voice/slight relapse after starting to feel better too.  Hopefully this weekend we can both take it easy and get back to 100%.
    Pregnancy Ticker