Babies on the Brain
Options

Waiting Room uh...Thursday? 1.4

maureenmcemaureenmce member
edited January 2018 in Babies on the Brain
Okay, it's Thursday, but I hope no one minds if we do this a day late? 

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.***

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday!

You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons

TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

When do you think you will start TTC?

Any R/R?

GTKY: What was the best book you read in 2017? (This is selfish because I am looking for new book recs!)

Re: Waiting Room uh...Thursday? 1.4

• Options
    maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited January 2018
    THIS MONTH! Woo!!!! I am so excited, and also a little nervous and sad ***TW just because I have this weird pressure on myself to get pregnant before the due date of my last pregnancy, which ended in loss, comes around on April 21st, which is ridiculous, but the thought is like, *stuck* in my head. But I'm trying to let go of any pressure and sadness about my last pregnancy and loss and just get excited. Which I am! I just have all these other feelings too. end TW***

Any R/R?
    Rant wise, I am so annoyed at myself. I put new socks on my DD yesterday (that hadn't been washed yet) in a hurry and without thinking about it and she broke out in a rash! It's gone today and it wasn't serious, but I felt awful. :(  Rave wise, I've been exercising more since the new year than I have in probably 3 years and it feels AWESOME.

GTKY: What was the best book you read in 2017? (This is selfish because I am looking for new book recs!)
    Yeah, I posted this question because I read *zero* new books in 2017. The shame! I love reading but I've been so busy with work, DD, and writing, I have really neglected my reading. I read *part* of Nixonland (which is very good but very dense and I had a hard time remembering where I was in it) and *part* of Station Eleven, which I enjoyed but didn't love enough as I thought I would. I would love to find a quick read that's interesting enough to keep me remembering my place in the book, since I only have about 10 minutes in my schedule to read each day.

Edited for clarity!
  • Options
    May/June

Any R/R?
    I got to work from home today while the entire town is snowed in. Now I’m baking myself a birthday cake. 

I recommend Llama Llama Red Pajama...

j/k I also don’t think I read any books this year. At least nothing interesting or for fun. I don’t have any free time.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @maureenmce The only "new" book I read in the last year was an autobiography by my favorite comedian. It was very funny, though, so if you're interested, it was Believe Me by Eddie Izzard.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    @meggyme Happy birthday! :) And yeah, I have no free time either, but I keep trying foolishly to add more stuff to do, haha.

@dreamscapes_ Oh that sounds really fun, thanks for the rec!
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited January 2018
    @maureenmce thanks! The last book I started reading for fun was Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. If you're an HP fan, I almost wouldn't recommend it. I read half of it and havent picked it up in over a year. 
  • Options
    @meggyme Oh interesting! I am a Harry Potter fan, but, for whatever reason, I'm not really into in the expanding universe of it, I guess, so I haven't been eager to check out the Cursed Child or any other new Harry Potter world stuff. Glad I'm not missing much with the Cursed Child!
  • Options
    @maureenmce I’d be interested in seeing the actual play, but reading it as a screenplay after reading all the books, it feels like bad fan fiction. Which it kind of is, because JKR didn’t write it.
  • Options
    @maureenmce  Very exciting to be starting TTC this month! All of your emotions seem completely reasonable so I am sure it is difficult to not just be excited! FX for you! Also, agree about The Cursed Child. I'm a huge HP fan, and I did read the whole book but is very different written as a screen play and just didn't have the same feel as the rest of the HP series.

@meggyme  We got not even a dusting of snow and the schools have still been closed Thursday & Friday... which works out great for me since I teach :) I would love to have a job that's flexible enough to work from home, although with snow days I really can't complain!

When do you think you will start TTC? Still most likely May/June 2018. Depends a little on if I end up changing jobs or staying where I am (I have a lot of sick leave built up at my current job and am familiar with their maternity leave policy, so I'm not sure how that would work at a new job). Also depends on if/when I end up finishing the Master's program that I'm working on. Trying to find a way to finish by December 2018 (ie. before any potential due date) but not sure if it's possible.

Any R/R? Raving about the snow days the last two days! Even though we got no snow... I randomly have bouts of insomnia, and was having trouble sleeping the nights before the 2 days that I did have to work this week, so I was extra drained and the days off have been relaxing!

GTKY: What was the best book you read in 2017? I've read every book by Liane Moriarty (author of the Big Little Lies book that became a TV series) and Nicholas Sparks, so I would recommend anything by them. The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks is probably my favorite book, and it's surprisingly one of the few that hasn't been made into a movie!
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited January 2018
    @dogmomma271 I usually wouldn’t be able to work from home. Today was my first time, and it was doing some additional work separate from my usual job. We ended up getting probably 8” of snow, so I’m glad I didn’t have to try to drive anywhere.