September 2018 Moms

GTKY: 2018 Resolutions & Goals

Do you make New Year's Resolutions? If so, what are they? Any goals for this year?

Re: GTKY: 2018 Resolutions & Goals

• megnwingatemegnwingate member
    edited January 2018
    I make resolutions...but I never stick with them. 2018 our goal is to save and buy a house, because living in a 43 foot camper with 3 kids and a husband stresses me out so bad. Toward the end of 2018 I would love to be able to get back into shape...but I think I will aim for 2019 instead ;) 

ETA: I Love Love LOVE Gilmore girls! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • One of my resolutions is to focus on enjoying "the moments" and not stressing. I spend too much time worrying about stupid stuff--will i look fat in this pic? what happens if my daughter won't nap in the car on the long car ride? How am I going to keep the toddler occupied for 3 hours alone and stuck in the house?--that I don't enjoy the wonderful moments enough. 

I'm also going to start doing regular yoga at home. I have plenty of space, I just need to commit to actually DOING it!
  • @SkilledSailor I love the idea of bucket lists!

I actually made and kept my resolution last year and it's been awesome! But that one is kind of on hold with the pregnancy. My resolution this year has been to set a morning routine that involves waking up before my kids to grab a couple of alone minutes. I'm not a morning person!
  • @MandyMost I feel like I need to make that a goal for myself. I tend to be a very anxious person and focus on unimportant things. 

@SkilledSailor Iceland would be amazing to go to! If you don’t mind me asking, what kind of business do you have? 

I’m hoping to eat healthier this pregnancy. My first pregnancy I ate a lot of quick unhealthy meals because I was in the middle of studying for a major exam. Luckily, that isn’t he case this time, so there’s no excuse (not that my previous excuse was a valid one) to eat poorly. 
    Anniversary
    Me (29) + DH (30) | Dating 2003 | Married 2008
    DS - 02/21/2016

• @mandymost Oh that's a good resolution! I struggle with living in the moment as well. I blame my need to plan everything. 

@lumosmaxima Congrats on sticking to your 2017 resolution! That's great! Completely understand why you'd put that on hold for now. The exhaustion is real. 

@pourmeamocktail Whoa that's a good goal! I'm super impressed by it! 

@xxkberxx I have a home staging business. We specialize in vacant staging, it's pretty fun. Except for all the paper work. That part is boring. Good luck with the healthy eating this go around! 
  • @pourmeamocktail that is amazing! I love that goal. A friend of mine did a no-new challenge for 6 months - no new clothing or personal items. Obviously consumables like groceries, gas, etc are not included. She said it was very freeing but surprisingly challenging! I hope you keep us updated on how that goes! 

@SkilledSailor we are considering listing our house when it warms up. I may ask you for tips ;)
  • I tend not to do year resolutions because I tend to give up after one slip up. I set monthly intentions and track my progress in my passion planner. 

That being said, I do have a theme for this year: self-compassion. I have a habit of negative self talk and am hyper critical of myself. I am hoping to transform my thought process over this next year. 

@MandyMost I also get stressed and miss out on moments. I think I will add that to my self-compassion list. As a reminder. I get so wrapped up in the results (this event/milestone will be perfect) that I miss out on the true experience of the event/milestone. 
    “My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Aunt Frances” 
  • My husband and I set a resolution together-for us each to go out once a month on our own with our friends, and to go out once a month together for a date night. We have not been good at nurturing our friendships and taking time for ourselves this year since our DD was born. We seriously had only 3 nights out alone in all of 2017...so we're working to improve on that, at least until September, I guess...

@pourmeamocktail, I need to do this too. I'm not someone who goes shopping a lot or anything, but lately I feel like there's just too much stuff in my house and I constantly want to get rid of things. Especially since I said I was not going to have a lot of toys but due to generous friends and family, the toy bin keeps growing and growing. We are super appreciative but we don't need anything else! 
  • @abundantlilacs I hear you. I just packed up a ton of toys, because my son outgrew them. I am pretty good about donating or free cycling stuff though. Free boxes of toys or clothes go quick on Facebook marketplace!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker