November 2017 Moms

2 month shots

anyone else have their 2 month shots yet? LO got his on Friday and has been sleeping ever since. He wakes to eat and has had plenty of wet diapers. They say this can happen but it really seems crazy how much he has slept.

Re: 2 month shots

• We have ours Wednesday and I just got my happy talking baby back. We just got out of a movie where he was so into watching it and talking at it. :) we went for DD.  I told DH the shots DS would be getting and he doesn't like the idea, he doesn't like him being in pain. I know DD slept quite a bit after hers when she was this age. 
  • We had ours. She was super sleepy that day.  It was the day after Christmas.   But she has been fine since then. 
  • Loading the player...
  • We don’t have ours until the 22nd of this month! I can’t remember what all they get! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @samsterrr He got 3 shots ( :( ) and 1 that he had to drink. 
  • My LO has hers last Thursday. Her sleep patterns have been off since then.  We’re back to sleeping 5.5-6 hours at a stretch at night, but still napping a lot more during the day.
  • jarob747jarob747 member
    edited January 2018
    We don't have ours till the 18th of January. I don't let her get them all at once. I will bring her back the next week for the rest of them. It really affected DS at his 4 mo shots and since then I only allow 1-2 at a time. It's so hard on them. DS ran a fever, had huge swelling and painful knots where the shot was administered, was so lethargic and super incredibly fussy with his 4 mo shots. Splitting them up really seems to help ease the amount of short term suffering at one time :) I'm not looking forward to them, but know that they are absolutely necessary. 
  • Ours are tomorrow and I have to do some more research. LO has a milk protein intolerance and some of the vaccines including the rotavirus contain casein. The office called to remind me of the appointment tomorrow so I had them put a note in about my concern. I do believe my doctor will take my concern to heart. 
  • Not looking forward to them! We just had the second Hep B shot at his 1 month appointment and he had a delayed reaction scream and then was asleep within 2 minutes since it was naptime. I think it helped that I was holding him and talking to him, so he was distracted. I plan on nursing him immediately after the 2 month shots if he gets upset, but he has taken the other two shots like a champ. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 if you are comfortable with it, most offices will let you nurse while they do the shots to help as well 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Had our 2 month shots today. They key me put him on the boob first and let us nurse as long as we need to in the room after. 
    We did all the did even with the milk protein intolerance. She said it would be even worse for him to get rotavirus. She also hemetested his still which came back positive (slightly) which means I missed dairy somewhere. 
  • I nursed immediately after the shots and he calmed down in seconds. 
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited January 2018
    @DungeonTrollMel Yeah, I don't care and the doc we usually see is also a lactation consultant... but I think a nurse will do the shots and he may not get upset for long. I'll ask what they think!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Little one gets her 2 month needles on the 10th .... I told DH he might have to take the afternoon off to come with me because I think it will be harder on me then it is on LO. However it's nice reading everyone else experience and what has worked for them.
  • We had ours yesterday.  Went much better than I had anticipated.  LO cried a bit right after,  then calmed down. I was prepared to nurse, but wasn't needed.  DD was sleepy most of the day,  and didn't have too good of a night.  Hopefully,  tonight she'll get some solid sleep  (me too).  
  • Our appt is next Friday and I am not looking forward to this. It killed me watching them stick her for hepatitis shot at last appointment. She cried for like 3 seconds after the shot and I picked her up and cuddled her and she stopped.
  • DD will get her shots next week and not looking forward to it. She screamed after her Hep B like I have never seen before. It took almost 10 minutes to calm her down. I didnt even think about nursing her, I will try that after this round. 
  • My son had his 2 month shots yesterday and it went better than I had expected! They combined everything into 2 shots and 1 oral vaccine. Of course he screamed initially but calmed down rather quickly. He didn't get a fever last night and seemed pretty much the same except wanted to sleep a little more than usual. Considering I had been dreading this appointment for weeks, Im happy to report it wasn't that bad at all! 
  • @jthotel: that's awesome it went better than expected. I called our ped office today and they do the same thing, 2 shots and one oral. Hoping it goes well for us.
  •  Wow good for your little ones... my girl got 3 shots yesterday and an oral :( she's tough but it did drag her down a bit... no fever! 
  • @jarob747 - Yay to no fever, that's great!!! I'm sure you're glad it's over with :) Sometimes I think it's harder on us moms seeing them upset and not feeling good! 
  • sml1982sml1982 member
    edited January 2018
    My daughters shots went great as well..no fever and no side effects. But she got 4 shots and an oral vaccine. I am going to ask about combining the shots next time. Her next appointment is at 4months in March and she is going to get her ears pierced that day as well.
  • @sml1982 - That's great! Yes, ask them about combining them. I was originally going to ask my doctor if they could do that,  but when we showed up I found out that they do that as a standard now for everyone....so its definitely worth asking :)
  • We had our 2 month shots as well and our doctor uses the combined vax. We only did the Hep C, pneumonia one and the oral one which is Rotavirus. The big shot (Dtp, and whatever else) we will go back and do at 3 months. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • kaitlinlizkaitlinliz member
    edited January 2018
    I've been so busy with little man I completely forgot to come back to this group...I missed you ladies! Cian got his shots yesterday and has slept a lot! He's been pretty fussy during his awake time but he's like that a lot lol 
  • Lilly got her shots today. She is a bit more fussy and has slept more than usual, but seems to be taking things pretty well. She got 3 shots and an oral vaccine. It broke our hearts watching her being in pain though.  :(
  • We had 4 shots and the oral rotavirus vaccine, which he "yelled" at the nurse for to give him more of.  :D Just like last time, I picked an appointment time close to nap time and he was sleeping in my arms before we even walked out the door! I brought a bottle and gave it to him right before his shots, so that may have made him sleepier and it's possibly why he stopped crying so quickly. My husband was so sad to see how red he turned and how he cried. He definitely slept well that day (Monday) and has since. He did have a lime green sticky mucous poop. I read a bit online of other moms reporting that after the rotovirus vaccine, but it also could have been some butter I accidentally ingested. I doubt that though, because his poops weren't like that when I was eating dairy... 

• Our DD got her shots today and was upset for about 5 minutes afterward. I gave her lovey animal blanket, which she clutched for dear life and then she calmed down a bit. By the time we hit the car, she was knocked out and slept for almost 2 hours. The tears were sad to see, but she did pretty well otherwise.
  • Update to the above: he has a virus. Doc doesn't think it's from any shots, and I think he picked up some germs from the waiting room or treatment rooms. Even though they have separate waiting rooms for sick and well visits, I'm not sure they keep the treatment rooms separate.

• @NYTino24 Ugh that sucks! I have had friends deal with the same thing. They get sick after being in treatment rooms that are not separate. Our office has a separate well visit room for healthy babies, but it isn't always available. Yesterday, we did a regular treatment room and I was really paranoid about it, but haven't seen any changes in her at this point.

Hopefully your LO gets better soon!
  • @NYTino24 thats awful!!!! our waiting room is "separated" by a wall but you can definitely get germs in both. i think the rooms are all shared (but i have no clue, I've only been there for well visits and to get him on reflux meds, so I doubt they gave us a "sick" room). but ours bleaches the room inbetween visits