April 2018 Moms
Options

Friday Ticker Change 12/29

1. How far along are you? How big is baby?

2. How are you feeling lately?

3. Any appointments coming up?

4. Rants, Raves, Questions?

5. GTKY:Are you a resolution maker? If so what are your goals this coming year? 

Re: Friday Ticker Change 12/29

• Options
    26 weeks, omg! Apparently he's the size of "a kale". I honestly have no idea how to take that, sometimes TB is crazy!

Feeling good. Still sleeping on the couch which is working for my back, but OMG the heartburn lately had been unreal!

GTT but not until the 15th.

Anyone have any non medication related heartburn remedies? (I know drink milk, don't lay down after eating, eat small meals ect..)

I honestly don't set resolutions because I think if there is something you want to change about your life, you should start now, today, not January 1st. I just don't personally see that it gets easier with a new year, it's always hard to change yourself. 

Having said that, I would like to try to cook more often now that I have new cookbooks that I got for Xmas, but I swear that's a coincidence not a resolution hahaha!

• Options
    26 weeks - also "a kale" lol
    Same as you @ftm_ohio HEARTBURN! I try to avoid dairy and eggs because those usually give me heartburn. I started keeping Tums within arms reach at all times, drink water after eating, and use pillows to prop me up. I still get the occasional acid burp anyway so if anyone else has suggestions???
    Not until January
    My furnace decided to completely break down last night. It was blowing cold air all night, which I woke up to at 3am. It was 40 degrees in my house and one of the valves was leaking gas. It could have been so much worse because we just got back from CA. If this happened while we were away, we could have had burst pipes and/or a burned down house. The furnace repair people seem to be optimistic that we can get the new one installed today, but there are a lot of other people in the same boat. In the meantime, brrr
    Sometimes, but mostly kind of general resolutions or mottos for the year. Last year was "try new things", for example. This year, I think I've decided on "be the calm in the chaos"

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    25 weeks, baseball mitt. I agree @ftm_ohio TB size comparisons at this point are ridiculous so I'll check my other apps!

Decent. But frumpy and jello-ish haha. Way too much unhealthy food over the holidays and no exercise. Still pretty tired a lot.

I will probably do my glucose test next weekend. I still need to make my appointment for my followup scan to monitor the placenta position. I am so not on top of things this pregnancy. 

Rave- potty training the little man this week and it's going soooo well! I'm very proud. And relieved. 

Usually I don't have one. If anything it's getting back on track with diet and exercise because all these winter holidays seriously throw me off. So it will be that again. I got a new yoga mat for Christmas so I plan on easing back in with yoga and pick. Oh and prenatal Barre. Also no more junk food. No more cookies! I don't even care for sugar but they're just...here. So I eat them
    :p 
    BabyFruit Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @sarahkate2233 oh my gosh, I'm so sorry about your furnace! That's awful AND scary! So glad it wasn't worse, but that's still terrible! I like your "motto" fur the year, I am the chaos always, so I envy you haha!

@sapphires-and-diamonds fx for good appointments for you!
    Awesome to hear how well your son is taking to the potty! That's wonderful!!
  • Options
    @sarahkate2233 holy majole!!! That furnace situation is terrifying. I am so glad it happened when it did. 

@sapphires-and-diamonds AWESOME on the potty training. I am weirdly more anxious about potty training than labor. It sounds like it can be really fraught. Fingers crossed you keep going from strength to strength. 

@ftm_ohio I feel you on the resolutions, I think you are pretty spot on. I'm with you on wanting to cook more, sometimes a good cook book can build a lot of momentum!

1. How far along are you? How big is baby? 24 weeks, cantaloup

Feeling physically a little more lethargic, I was out of breath a few times when riding this week. 

Emotionally, things have pretty dramatically improved, I'm feeling much more like my old self. A few things got resolved at home. My insurance paid for half what I lost in the fire, which is a bummer, but a little better than what I feared. 

I had my follow up anatomy scan to check on some of the heart issues that were raised last time. This time, the doctor was an older gentleman, really kind. He used slightly less advanced equipment, and we were done in 15 minutes instead of the hour of the last appointment. 

Had my first stranger ask if I was pregnant (checkout guy at whole foods). Is anyone else really sensitive to comments about their body? I get irrationally anxious and sad when people say they can see my bump. I feel like I need to manage those emotions a little better. 

I like to either make really perverse resolutions (eat more ice cream, jaywalk more often but don't get caught) or resolutions related to the horses. I achieved my horse goals (competed at 4' this year, yay!). For next year, my resolution is to not criticize my husband for how he will care for the baby. I really like things to be done right but I know how corrosive it is when moms complain their husbands don't help and then are super critical of how it's done. 

• Options
    @ftm_ohio I think mottos are easier to keep than resolutions :D that's why I do it

@sapphires-and-diamonds Holidays make me eat too many cookies too! I love yoga, whenever I feel like I'm running out of space I like to do some stretches and it helps.

@stalkinghorse People don't even ask me - they just ask when I'm due or if I know what I'm having... and yes its totally uncomfortable for randos to comment on a person's body. I went to a holiday party and this lady that I don't know at all walked up, patted my belly, didn't say anything, and walked away... WTF?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @sarahkate2233 that is so scary! Hopefully you get the new one today. I don't know what it is there, but it's 18 degrees here now and that's the warmest it's been in a few days. 
    Unfortunately I don't have advise for you or @ftm_ohio in regards to heartburn. But I hope you find something to help!

@stalkinghorse I'm glad you're feeling better emotionally! Although I wish you could have gotten more from your insurance company. 

I had to really work on not telling H when he was doing something wrong (aka "my way"). I surprised myself at how mama bear like I became and didn't like how anyone did anything. Luckily it never made H help less when I criticized him and I began to ease up and realized his way was fine too (I guess  ;) )
    BabyFruit Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @sarahkate2233 oh my gosh, are you kidding??? I wouldn't know how to react to that, so insanely bizarre, especially since you didn't know this person. Were people drunk and letting loose? Even then, GROSS!

@sapphires-and-diamonds that's great that your husband was undeterred about helping. Mine is already not a big helper to begin with and he is very sensitive to criticism, so I know, I need to be very gentle about him! 
  • Options
    @sapphires-and-diamonds lt's 10 degrees today and I think it was 0 or close to it last night. Brr that's so cold!

@stalkinghorse Yeah, people were drinking but it was also fairly early in the evening. I had a good laugh about it later!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry I've been MIA, my fellow Friday gals. It's been a crazy busy month (preaching to the choir on that, I'm sure) and now I'm on vacation with my mother in law until Tuesday ....prayers appreciated ;) 

1. 25 weeks (yesterday) and the size of a cauliflower. 
    2. Feeling pretty good--having more round ligament pain. It scared me at first bc I thought I had pulled a muscle just standing up lol.
    3. Next appointment is next Thursday--just a regular check up, no u/s. 
    4. Question--any of you ever done or considered cord blood banking? We've talked about it and plan to ask our doc, but wanted to hear some firsthand experiences if possible. Second question--how many kegels (if any) are you doing at this point lol? I've been trying to do three sets of ten per day but I have no dea if I'm doing it right! I just want to do what I can now to help with delivery, which is just around the corner :) 
    5. I've gotten out of the resolution habit in the last few years-last year I adopted "peace and contentment" as my "mantra" for the year. For 2018 I'm thinking "simple and mindful." One specific thing I want to try is a social media detox/simplification.  But @stalkinghorse after reading your idea about not criticizing your husbands parenting I am definitely adopting that one. That's something I already struggle with on a day to day basis (why did you load the dishes THAT way?) and I know it annoys him--he is truly a saint :) But I really truly don't want that habit to spill over in to our parenting. I trust him 110% with baby boy and my way is not the only way.