December 2017 Moms

Due date check-in (edd 12/24-12/31) - week of 12/18

Calling all holiday babies! Come out come out wherever you are!

Image result for baby hiding in christmas treeImage result for hanukkah baby

How are you feeling this week? 

I'm sure this will be a fun one: Have people been giving you recommendations to induce labor? What are the craziest things you've heard, and what have you tried?

What's your favorite holiday dessert? Share a recipe if it's easy to do.

Re: Due date check-in (edd 12/24-12/31) - week of 12/18

• MJDsquaredMJDsquared member
    edited December 2017
    How are you feeling this week? READY FOR HER TO COME OUT. I had a c-section scheduled for this morning until she flipped on her own. Now nothing is happening and I'm back to thinking she'll be born in January, which is much more depressing after thinking she'd be here in about two hours...

I'm sure this will be a fun one: Have people been giving you recommendations to induce labor? What are the craziest things you've heard, and what have you tried? No one has recommended anything crazy, but my mom keeps saying pineapple, accupressure, exercise ball. I bought pineapple last night, I'm drinking raspberry leaf tea, taking walks, and I sit on my exercise ball 99% of my waking hours. I also read eating bananas on some list, and I already buy those + larabars (dates) so those could count I guess. DH keeps saying spicy stuff, to which I respond, "That will just give me diarrhea. And then you'll think it's a sign of impending labor." Lol. I still have no sex drive but I've also been working that in.

What's your favorite holiday dessert? Share a recipe if it's easy to do. My mom makes peanut butter cups (they're actually bars, but we call them cups) and homemade cranberry bliss bars (like they sell at Starbucks). People say the homemade ones are way better. I'm not sure because I've never had one from Sbux, but they're so good.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • How are you feeling this week? GET OUTTA MY BELLY! (I guess technically, uterus...)
    Just had my 39 week appointment, spent ALLLLLL weekend having what I thought were mild sort of pre-labor contractions (I didn't have anything like them with my other two), plus a whole lot of discomfort and cramping, to find out I'm a whopping 1cm. So I guess whatever was painful enough over the weekend to wake me up at night were just BH contractions? Again, I didn't go through this with the other two so I'm really unsure. But now I'm irritated at myself, I should have gone with my gut and said not to check, I know it's not indicative of when labor starts, I'm just getting so impatient. On the bright side, Friday is my last day at work, so at least I have that to look forward to?

I'm sure this will be a fun one: Have people been giving you recommendations to induce labor? What are the craziest things you've heard, and what have you tried? DD's teacher said to take a ride out on a local beach, apparently it's a bumpy enough ride to get things going and has worked for some other locals. I've also been slamming pineapple (to the point where my whole mouth hurt the other night), and have dabbled (literally) into Jasmine and Clary Sage essential oils at a friends recommendation. But all to the avail of "1cm" soooooo yeah LOL.

What's your favorite holiday dessert? Share a recipe if it's easy to do. Every year I make almond biscotti. I look forward to hot coffees on cold mornings (and afternoons) with a little crusty cookie to dip into it.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Lurking from January... due January 3rd and just want to send some solidarity to you ladies! @oncape100615 I hadn't heard about those essential oils but will be tracking some down ASAP! 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Thanks @EmilyLove25. Mmmm biscotti. @oncape100615 and @MJDsquared I totally understand that feeling of thinking it's happening and getting all excited for nothing. It's great that your baby isn't breech anymore, though! And the other good news is that we won't be pregnant forever! 

How are you feeling this week? 
    I am feeling much less anxious this week. I'm excited for Christmas.

I'm sure this will be a fun one: Have people been giving you recommendations to induce labor? What are the craziest things you've heard, and what have you tried?
    Definitely have heard pineapple, but it didn't seem to have any impact on my little one. I notice more baby movement after eating a regular ole apple. I haven't really gone out of my way to try anything crazy (yet). Walking around the neighborhood and up/down stairs at work seems to trigger the baby to drop a little which causes nerve pains in my thighs, but otherwise doesn't seem to do much. 

I love making cutout/decorated sugar cookies because it reminds me of Christmas at my grandma's house back in the day, so I made those for a work party. This year I switched it up and made a Nantucket Cranberry Pie for our family Christmas Eve dinner. It's in the freezer - hopefully it turns out okay. The extra one that I baked already without freezing it was excellent. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nantucket-cranberry-pie-recipe-1940324 

Good luck this week - I am off to my week 39 appointment in a few. They are going to do a urine test and I still haven't decided whether to have them do a cervical check. Game time decision I suppose.
  • @EmilyLove25 - I recommend also getting some lavender, the sage smell is a little meh, but the lavender smells nice and is very relaxing and can be used during labor to help relax.

• How are you feeling this week? 

Anxious! No signs of labor, contractions, zilch. I had my 38 week appointment this morning and the dr noticed an irregular heartbeat which turned out fine after an nst. I drank more coffee than usual this morning and so Dr said to cut out caffeine completely  :s
    I’m ok with labor not happening this week (due 12/31) since we have a series of dinners and parties to attend.

MIL said lots of walking and next door neighbor (who is an L&D nurse) said lots of sex. I’m not in a rush, baby will get here when he’s ready. 

I usually bake pecan bars and I get rave reviews on them. Google the ‘land-o-lakes’ recipe for pecan bars. Those are it! I’ll also be making mini caramel apple pies. And though not a dessert, I always like to make Quiche Lorraine and cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning. I love to bake!
  • Everyone was going at me that I hadn’t been “nesting” and therefore baby was NEVER going to come. I was just so tired, felt like I caught a cold (a weird sign of labour impending so I’ve learned) and I was using the washroom around the clock for like a week. My baby came this past Monday. He was born at 2 am. I could’ve almost had him Sunday but I was too reluctant to push. 
    I got to the hospital at 9 cm dialated! Oops 
    i did use a stability ball Friday or Saturday. I’m pretty sure labour started Sunday at 12:30 am. 

Gotta run. 
    No recipe off hand but I love lemon meringue pie! 
  • @dilbert890 9 cm when you got there - nice! I will probably end up waiting way too long. I haven't actually gone in to triage, but I've thought seriously about it twice.  At this point I don't trust myself to make the call!
  • @muskratbaby just trust your gut! 
  • Still here, still pregnant....anyone else??
  • Me! Although at this point I wouldn't mind waiting until after all the holiday stuff the next couple days for labor to start. Dec 26 would be perfect lol 

Me: 36  DH: 41
    DS: 07/03/11
    TTC #2: July 2016
    BFP: 4/19/17 EDD: 12/31/17
  • Still pregnant! Lost a sizable chunk of mucus plug today though and have been having more frequent contractions (though not close to active labor level—I haven’t even bothered timing).
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @alysapuggles same here! The day after Christmas but before the new year is perfect! 

@MJDsquared you’re so close! It’s going to happen soon!
  • muskratbabymuskratbaby member
    edited December 2017
    Still pregnant....due date was yesterday. We had lots of family here for Christmas, which was awesome, and now it's all cleaned up and I'm ready for baby again! Come on, little girl!!

Edited to add (ETA): I'm ordering Thai Tofu Curry for dinner tonight. It's definitely going to put me into labor. (/sarcasm)
  • Really thought Christmas morning I was going into labor. Since I posted on Saturday contractions have gotten more intense, and I woke up at 3 am Christmas morning and had contractions 6-7 minutes apart until 7:15 am. This was through laying down on my side, showering, taking a bath, sitting, eating, drinking... So I thought it was real. But then they slowed. TMI but today my discharge is blood tinted so I guess that could be the start of the bloody show?

Contractions are pretty random otherwise--they're about every 20 minutes today and were overnight too. They HURT. Going to grovel at my appt this morning and hope to get an earlier induction date after I opted for the latest one possible (two weeks overdue--January 9th). With this pain and barely sleeping at night because of it, the benefits of an induction now (even if it fails) far outweigh waiting. Also if she checks my cervix and there's like no progress I'll probably cry. I'm not-so-secretly hoping at my appt I get sent to L&D, whether it's because I'm progressed enough or my OB is like, "Let's induce!" lol.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @MJDsquared you’ll be holding your baby before the new year is out! 

Christmas is over and I was crossing my fingers for at least some sign of impending labor. Nope...just a pinched nerve in my right leg :( hopefully my OB will let me know more details tomorrow at my appointment. 
  • @sjis I hope so! I got my induction moved up to the 3rd (checking in the evening of the 2nd for Cervadil, I guess--though OB had me keep my appt on the 2nd so she could check and see if that's necessary or not) but hoping I go into labor on my own in the next couple days. I'm only at 1 cm, but at least it's some progress!

Hope you get some good news at your appointment tomorrow. Keep us updated!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • Still here. Still pregnant. 40 weeks today. Doc said 1cm+, but thinning out well, and swept membranes. Hoping something gets moving on its own, otherwise we’re slated for induction 1/3. Fingers crossed this starts happening on its own! Sending positive “go into labor” vibes to all of you December ladies left!!
  • Still here and pregnant. DD is tomorrow. All I can think of is Annie singing " Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow, it's only a day away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My OB said I’m 2cm dilated and doesn’t see me going past next week. *fingers crossed* that something happens tonight or the next 2-3 days! Hoping all you ladies have your babies soon!
  • @maddilatti good luck! Yay!
  • muskratbabymuskratbaby member
    edited December 2017
    I keep telling my husband the baby is going the wrong direction. My reflux is back because her little feet are so far up into my ribs. I have an appointment today, and I think I'm finally ready for them to do a cervix check, and you know, whatever else they recommend to get things moving. I hiked in the hills and did stairs/squats throughout the day yesterday. It seemed to help her drop somewhat, but that's about it.

Hoping you have a good birthing experience, @maddilatti
  • @muskratbaby Hopefully you have some progress at the cervix check!
    @maddilatti I hope everything went (or is going) well!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • 40 weeks today! Still no baby in sight  :s

looks like I’ll be a Jan ‘18 mom!
  • 40+4... little to no contraction activity. Also looking like we’ll be welcoming a January baby
  • @sjis @oncape100615 How are you ladies doing?
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @MJDsquared came in for induction this morning at 41 weeks. So far so good just a hurry up and wait game. Here’s hoping baby will be here later on today!
  • @sjis @oncape100615 Yay! Happy induction day, ladies!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019