• **lurking**

@lablover78 congrats on your BFP! So, so, so happy for you! ❤️
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @BWhitta congrats! I hope the squinter gets darker and darker :)

Merry Christmas everyone :) It's just after 7pm on Christmas Day here and we've had a wonderful day full of food and presents. I hope you all have fantastic, relaxing days too :)
    Me: 26, DH: 26
    TTC #1 since July 2016
    Dx: PCOS, on Metformin since Feb 2017
    • June 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • July 17 - Letrozole - BFP - MMC confirmed 30/08
    • November 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • December 17 - Letrozole - BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Anybody else get a pregnancy announcement at Christmas today?  Because I did.  I didn’t sob until I got to the bathroom so there’s that...
    Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
    PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
    and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
    3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)
  • I'm so sorry- I've been there many a time. ((((hugs)))))
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • @BWhitta <<HUGS>> I’m sorry about the announcement!  <3<3<3
  • edited December 2017
    Ugh @BWhitta sorry about the announcement. Lots of hugs for you <3 My sister and her DH started trying for #2 this fall so I'm awaiting their announcement at any point (she has PCOS so it could be a while) and I think ppl think I'm ok with announcements because of TW** our foster son. Don't get me wrong he's wonderful and it does fill a huge void to have a LO running around but I still want to be pregnant. I still want to experience pregnancy and for some reason I can't. **TW If they decide to surprise us with an announcement next weekend at our family Christmas party there is no chance I'll get to any bathroom...instatears over here. Any progress with your squinter??
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Thanks @lablover78 how are you doing????

@SoonToBeMommaHowe thank you, it has been really tough, actually got another announcement from another friend of the family...a girl who has come to me for fertility advice a lot bc she has PCOS too and she’s pregnant with twins.  She’s been trying for like 3 cycles maybe.  Ugh.  Been a really really hard couple of days for sure, I don’t think I’ve ever been this sad.  It’s  so hard to explain to people that it has nothing to do with not being happy for those people...blah.  No progress on my POAS, I will take another in the morning but not feeling hopeful.  But FX as always!
    Married for 5 years, TTC for 3 years
    PCOS, Low AMH, Endo, Uterine Fibroids, Low Estrogen...
    and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. 
    3 Losses, 8/16 11/16 and 6/2017  o:)
  • @bwhitta Sorry for the rough announcements on Christmas. Hope today has been better for you. 
  • @BWhitta - I'm so sorry. :(
    I try to explain it to my friends like: "I'm so happy for you and I want you to move on with your life but when you're pregnant, please send me an email first so I can collect myself. Chances are I've just had a bad experience or more bad news from my doctor about TTC. Basically, please treat me at all times like I'm grieving."

Even over email the announcements can still sting.

@lablover78 - great news! Congratulations! What a miracle!

Your friend is lucky. I know a few IF women that it didn't work out for. Mostly they're in their 50s now. Jury is still out for me! 

I wish I could believe that being happy and feeling positive made a difference. The reality for me is that I've had cycles where I've been elated and happy and positive and convinced I was KU-ed, and I've had cycles that I thought were a wash, and neither have worked out. Obviously, it's nicer to feel strong than weak, but for many of us here, mind over matter will not apply, unless it helps us to keep going and to try another cycle.

I've also seen women who, at their weakest, darkest moments get their BFPs. Sometimes it seems like there's no reason or rhyme to it!

But very happy for you and glad that this cycle worked! 
  • @funkykey great words of wisdom there. 

@lablover78 congrats on a good second beta. Will they do another or just go straight to US at 6/7 weeks?

@bwhitta so sorry you had to deal with that. It doesn’t get easier.
    Any more to see on the sticks?

@tops-2 so pleased you enjoyed a great Xmas day

@jrm_14 welcome friend!

@linz36 sorry for the BFN, hope today brings a different result 

@bababatty Fx AF showed up on time to show your cycle is back to normal 

@kim41313 I’m also not suppressed before each IVF cycle - my RE doesn’t like to do it in general but as I’m low AMH he worries even more it might lead to not getting normal regular cycles back after. 

@thothscribe81 sorry AF came but huge plus for your supportive DH. He sounds like a great partner.

@soehlerk sorry for the BFN

@eranvo27 are you just using the app or also OPKs and BBT? I find FF really to be the most accurate for me.

@hoffmanr7 hope the Lupron is still giving you an easy time 

AFM currently WFAF on CD28 and then starting stims for IVF#3 on CD3.
    Last 6 weeks were tough after IVF#2 failed and then having to wait out a cycle for #3 due to the holidays.
    We did squeeze in an HSG which was clear so hoping if we get an embryo to transfer we have some HSG magic.
    Hope everyone had a relaxing few days over the holidays.
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Hi ladies- yikes I posted that in the middle of the night and didn’t mean for it to come off as preachy or ‘we just need to relax’ at all. I think I’m just trying to make sense of this nonsensical heartbreaking journey and even with my attempts to control my heartbreak it was never in my control or on my own schedule...I was just lucky to finally feel hopeful that IVF was going to work and then experienced this miracle at that time & if nothing else will give me peace of mind that my body is doing something if we still end up needing IVF. I also give my current RE much of the credit because he truly tries to figure out the unexplained IF and support the genetic defects through supplementation (I’ve been on 30 supps while TTC). 
    @funkykey yes that’s right- it is a constant state of grief 
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • BenJayBenJay member
    edited December 2017
    @BWhitta - I am sorry. That sucks... I find it so hard to genuinely feel happy in the moment for expectant co-workers or friends anymore, let alone family.

@lablover78 - So very *genuinely happy* for you, however. I have definitely been struggling with the unfairness and the chronic problem solving that comes with unexplained infertility. I got tired of all the appointments, blood draws, and unromantic nights of 'trying'. 

Edit: Just as a side note, I would like to think the acne that has been appearing on my chin is a sign that I am charging up for ovulation. Or something...
    Married 4 years, TTC 3 years
    Dx: Unexplained infertility, hypothyroidism/Hashimoto's, MTHFR Mutation
    DH - low motility
    Rx: Levothyroxine, misc supplements

• @BWhitta Ugg, I'm sorry. Pregnancy announcements just stink.  My husband's cousin posted hers not that long ago on Facebook, and then just changed her profile pic to one of her announcement photos.

But ya'all, I found out the coolest new addition to facebook that I have already used (on DH's cousin).  They now have a "snooze button" that allows you to "snooze" someone's news feed for 30 days.  Basically, if you just need a break from someone's posts but don't want to unfollow them completely, you can put them on "snooze" and their posts won't show on your wall for 30 days.  I thought it was perfect because with any luck, by the end of the 30 days I will be KU too and baby posts won't bother me.
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Hi ladies- yikes I posted that in the middle of the night and didn’t mean for it to come off as preachy or ‘we just need to relax’ at all. I think I’m just trying to make sense of this nonsensical heartbreaking journey and even with my attempts to control my heartbreak it was never in my control or on my own schedule...I was just lucky to finally feel hopeful that IVF was going to work and then experienced this miracle at that time & if nothing else will give me peace of mind that my body is doing something if we still end up needing IVF. I also give my current RE much of the credit because he truly tries to figure out the unexplained IF and support the genetic defects through supplementation (I’ve been on 30 supps while TTC). 
    :) I totally understand. It's really hard making sense of all of this. And for you too, I think - I mean, if I'd been told that IVF wasn't a possibility for me, I'd be in a pretty dark place for a long time, tbh. Things are really looking up!! :D