March 2018 Moms

Weekend Ticker Change December 23/24

I hope you're all having an awesome weekend! Whatever your traditions or customs, may they be filled with love, light and yummy food  :D

1: How far along are you? How big is baby?

2: Any new symptoms or changes?

3: Any upcoming appointments this week?

4: Raves/Rants/Questions?

5:GTKY: Give us one random/unique fact about yourself!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekend Ticker Change December 23/24

• 1: How far along are you? How big is baby? 30 weeks!! Baby boy is a cucumber...which confuses me because he was an eggplant at one point which I thought was bigger than a cucumber. Whatevs,  at least he's healthy!

2: Any new symptoms or changes? Sleep is really alluding me. When your boss says you look tired, you know it's real. Also achy hips and a heavy belly.

3: Any upcoming appointments this week? Nope. But had a fetal echo yesterday that was all good!

4: Raves/Rants/Questions? Is anyone else feeling like this is going by really fast? I know this is a dumb, rhetorical question. But I remember seeing my BFP and thinking March would never get here. 

5:GTKY: Give us one random/unique fact about yourself! I graduated university in a small town in North Dakota. Loved the school, hated the winter weather.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1: How far along are you? How big is baby?
    30 weeks!! 3/4 of the way done. Baby is the size of a zucchini or a platypus. 

I feel like I'm back in the first trimester again.  :s Super tired and even a little pukey in the morning. 

Just had my 30 week appointment Friday! Baby sounded healthy and is currently breech... although I'm having a repeat cs so positioning doesn't matter so much. I have my lovely gestational diabetes class on Thursday.

Nothing really this week. 

I'm fluent in German and visited in high school with a host family. I want to make it back over there SO bad. DH isn't quite as interested  ;) but I think he'd have fun if we ever get there. 

@cford08 yesss girl!! It's going by way too fast. By 30 weeks with my son, I had almost everything done. Nursery finished, car seats installed, hospital bag packed... haven't started any of that yet for this babe. Second child syndrome already lol. I'm blaming it on the holidays... hopefully in January I can get my act together.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @ashleyf911 you did good your first time around! I'm a FTM, and my biggest accomplishment so far is painting the nursery :D If this is what I'm like for my first I hate to see what the second baby gets. He/she may barely have somewhere to sleep  ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    27 weeks today - lettuce

Nope - have been feeling really good!!

Nope!

Ugh - I feel like a food is bc I can't think of anything!!

I have a tattoo on the inside of my left ankle - it's the University of Texas Longhorn with a Texas flag pattern inside of it. Can you tell I love me some Texas?! #TexasForever

@cford08 YES the time is flying by!!! I think with the holidays right smack dab in the middle, it is making this pregnancy go by soooooo fast!
  • @amylonghorn #TexasForever ! As a Texan I can appreciate how cool that tattoo is  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
    27 weeks, babies are the size of fennec foxes
    Just the carpal tunnel seeming to be getting worse and I'm having a harder time walking around
    Nope, not until the 2nd.
    Working from home is starting to kind of suck :/ It feels like I never get to leave work.
    Completely random, I can't turn either hand palm up due to a forearm deformity in both arms.

@ashleyf911
    You're doing better with your 2nd than I am with my first. FTM and the nursery still isn't even cleared out from the crap we were storing in that room. Really wish my back didn't yell at me when I try to lift things because then I could just do it myself instead of waiting for DH to do it.
    Met 2004, Married 2011, Trying since 2013. Info in spoiler:

BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 30
    Diagnosed with PCOS, later changed to unexplained anovulation due to high prolactin and normal testosterone levels
    Him: 31
    High sperm count (yay!) but also super high fluid volume (boo!)
    First IUI, Clomid and Follistim: 11/29-BFN
    Second IUI, Femara and Follistim: 12/29-BFN
    Third IUI, Femara and Gonal-F (and Follistim): 1/28 BFN
    Fourth IUI, Femara and Gonal-F: 7/23 BFN
    IVF 1: Femara and Gonal-F: 1/23/2017
    Beta Study:
    Beta #1: 1/28/2017 4.1
    Beta #2: 1/30/2017 34
    Beta #3: 2/1/2017 131
    Beta #4: 2/3/2017 476
    Ultrasound: 2/14/17-Twin Etopic Pregnancy, surgery to remove right fallopian tube on 2/17/2017
    FET 2: Femara, Gonal-F, and Clomid: Cycle Canceled due to low progesterone
    FET 3: July 7, Femara, Gonal-F, Clomid-BFP!!!!!! Due March 2018
    https://desertratpack.wordpress.com/
  • @amanning2011 you always have the coolest baby size references! What app do you have??
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cford08 I use Ovia, there are 4 different themes Fruit and Vegetables, Parisian Bakery, Fun & Games, and Weird But Cute Animals.
    Met 2004, Married 2011, Trying since 2013. Info in spoiler:

BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 30
    Diagnosed with PCOS, later changed to unexplained anovulation due to high prolactin and normal testosterone levels
    Him: 31
    High sperm count (yay!) but also super high fluid volume (boo!)
    First IUI, Clomid and Follistim: 11/29-BFN
    Second IUI, Femara and Follistim: 12/29-BFN
    Third IUI, Femara and Gonal-F (and Follistim): 1/28 BFN
    Fourth IUI, Femara and Gonal-F: 7/23 BFN
    IVF 1: Femara and Gonal-F: 1/23/2017
    Beta Study:
    Beta #1: 1/28/2017 4.1
    Beta #2: 1/30/2017 34
    Beta #3: 2/1/2017 131
    Beta #4: 2/3/2017 476
    Ultrasound: 2/14/17-Twin Etopic Pregnancy, surgery to remove right fallopian tube on 2/17/2017
    FET 2: Femara, Gonal-F, and Clomid: Cycle Canceled due to low progesterone
    FET 3: July 7, Femara, Gonal-F, Clomid-BFP!!!!!! Due March 2018
    https://desertratpack.wordpress.com/

30 weeks, I’ll go with platypus, I love the Ovia animals too.

preeclamsia, unfortunately.

2 appointments  a week from here, 2 weekly non stress tests, one weekly ultrasound to check amniotic fluid levels, and weekly meetings with the maternal fetal medicine doctor, and with myOB. Full metabolic panels and platelet counts weekly, and lots of pee tests for protein levels. Plus 2 weekly check ins over the phone with the gestational diabetes people. I feel like going to the doctor is my new job, but I have stopped going to my actual job, and I know all this monitoring is what is keeping me outpatient for now.

with the threat of delivery at any time if they can’t keep the preeclampsia stable, somehow 30 weeks sounds so much better than 29

My dad moved to Hawaii when I was 6, so every year from them I grew up 9 months of the year in Philadelphia and 3 in Hawaii. It feels like just as much my home and I love it completely.
  • @amanning2011 I used the Ovia app to track my fertility, but once I got pregnant, I deleted that app and moved over here. Though their size descriptors aren't as confusing as TB's veggies that don't even make sense from week to week!!

@leilaquinn you are my She-ro!! All those appointments and all the monitoring sounds stressful, but I know you are doing everything you can to keep LO cookin'!! Big hugs to you!!

Merry Christmas to all my Bump weekend ticker changers who celebrate. I'm up early this morning with all the excitement of a kiddo! Just drinking my morning coffee and hoping today is a great day for my family. Sending hugs all around.  <3
  • @leilaquinn you are a boss! Your baby is lucky to have a mommy that is making him stay in her business. I hate it for you, but hopefully all this will keep him cooking <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @leilaquinn, T & P with you and LO. I developed pre-e with DD but it wasn’t an issue until my 36th week so they didn’t do as much monitoring with me (appt was Wednesday, they induced Saturday at 37 weeks). DD was still born at a healthy weight (8 pounds 6 oz)- my only complaint is that they waited so long to break my water (after 24 hours on Pit), which is something I’ve already discussed with my Dr for this time in case it’s needed again. I’m being closely monitored this time around but no signs of it yet (just reached 27 weeks on Saturday). Just try to take it easy and the doctors will do the rest.