May 2018 Moms

UO 12/21

13»

Re: UO 12/21

• Loading the player...
  • @gildah J LOVES watching ballet and tap dancing, so I can’t wait til he’s three and potty trained to start him at the studio I work for.
  • I don't really see girls being the most valued by society but maybe its regional. I see a lot of moms wanting girls and dads wanting boys. I feel like that's because you think you'll relate better to your gender. DH and I both preferred a boy as I'm not really girly and was interested in raising a gender that was different than me. When we found out it was a girl we definitely had to process it and get used to the idea but after discussing how DH can still try the same activities with a boy or girl and how I'm involved to deal with any girl specific issues, we're now super stoked.

I think a lot of people go through an adjustment, even if you get what you were hoping for because you now have a human developing an identity. I've just seen first hand parents who don't get over gender disappointment which affects the child. That's why I said earlier ultimately I hope anyone struggling with it finds what they need and can accept their child for the awesome little human they are. (Not directed at anyone in particular, just finishing a thought)
  • gildah said:
    ivyvines6 said:
    @gildah J LOVES watching ballet and tap dancing, so I can’t wait til he’s three and potty trained to start him at the studio I work for.
    I keep telling all the boys I know that ballet is the way to go!!! 
    One of my students this year is a four year old boy and he is so stinking cute! We focus on how strong he has to be to move properly. I love all of my students (some have serious behavior problems that give me a run for my money) but he’s got a special place in my heart.