January 2018 Moms

Randoms Week of 12/18

2»

Re: Randoms Week of 12/18

• @schaze the only reason I shaved my legs this week was for my prenatal massage on tuesday. I felt like I kind of had too bc it would be rude, haha 
  • @schaze I plan to shave my legs on tuesday because Wednesday I have to take off my pants at my 36 week appointment... I think it’s been at least a month since I last shaved them. Sorry, not sorry DH.
  • Loading the player...
  • Still showering daily and shaving over here. But definitely not washing my hair as much as I used to, haha. 
  • I really need to dye my hair. I just don't feel like it. I am so over it but I need it done now because I know I wont do it for weeks after this baby is born, which isn't for 4 1/2 weeks.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gusgus14 THIS is my life right now! Shaving of the legs mostly before appointments, but armpits are shaved every day lol.  And I kept saying the SAME thing to myself about my toenails and I finally course corrected and got a pedicure last night! It was a sight for sore eyes though with the amount of swelling in my legs and feet, I actually wanted to apologize to the tech. :( 
  • I'm sitting here at my desk needing to pee...But not going because it's such a long walk to the restroom...But realizing the longer I sit here the worse that walk will be...
  • I'm still shaving armpits and legs but have gone over a week now without shaving my lady parts. That is getting too hard.

My hospital doesn't have showers in labor and delivery. I forgot to ask the hospital if they have showers in the postpartum rooms but I have my toiletries packed :)
  • How are you all shaving your legs? I definitely can't do it in the shower anymore but last time I tried in the tub I could barely reach near my ankles..
  • @schaze I've mostly given up but had to wear a dress the other day. I took a bowl of water and put a towel down on my bed and shaved there. It was still super uncomfortable but I had a ton of space.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @schaze usually I sit on the tub and figure it out somehow. The other day I was sitting in the tub and decided to shave and held on to the faucet while reaching forward. 

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Omg I shave my legs religiously. I sit in the shower and do it. Hand to god, I did it in the hospital the day after DD was born despite barely being able to move! I HATE un shaved legs (on myself).
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• @schaze, I have a little step in my shower. I prop my leg up and can still bend over and shave them. I attribute it to the fact that I’m really tall. I’m like @EmilyLove25...I HAVE to shave my legs every day. I can’t stand the stubble!!
  • @Tinman87 This is my life!!!  And it's happening currently, but it also is hurting to sit today so it sounds like a glorious day
  • Well, I did it. It took forever and it was SUPER uncomfortable, but @cyanope I did sort of the same thing-put my leg up on the side of the tub and bent over (also really tall so maybe that helped!). 
  • Pretty much the only way I can shave my legs at this point is by propping my leg on the edge of the tub and bending around my tummy. I'm not a fan, and probably wont shave again until little guy is born unless I have to wear a dress or something. My under arms however are a must and get shaved religiously every shower. 
  • Haven't shaved my legs since who knows when...maybe end of summer? My leg hair doesn't really grow that much, so there's that. But even if it did, nope...not happening. Sorry, not sorry.
  • I shave my legs every 2-3 days. I hate it when my legs are hairy. There is a ledge about waist high in our shower so I just put my leg up there to shave.
  • I shave basically every other day, not that I necessarily need to, but it keeps DH happy.  I have a bench in my shower that makes it possible and since it is a stand alone shower for two I don't have to worry about running into the edge and falling over.  

Tried to take a bath yesterday to relax... What a fail!!  Not comfortable at all and impossible to get my self in and out without constantly worrying I was thing to slip and fall.  Ended up taking a shower in the tiny tub space which also sucked... Oh well.

On a good note, getting my hair colored today and feeling like I want to put some reddish brown in for my lowlights...I need a pick me up.  So glad I am getting this done because I don't want to be sporting gray hairs in L&D.  Just doesn't seem right.
  • Dani0329Dani0329 member
    edited December 2017
    @Cricket99
    Thank you for the reminder, it is such a scary thing.  Keeping your friend in my prayers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Cricket99 thanks so much for bringing this up! I recently had to tell a friend to please not use the comforter she registered for because it's so dangerous for baby. Not a fun conversation. Thoughts and prayers for your friend and the family of that sweet girl <3
  • @Cricket99 sorry for your friends' loss. That is so tragic, especially when preventable. Thanks for the reminder. Sleep/crib safety is so important!