Infertility

Introduction (loss mentioned)

edited December 2017 in Infertility
Hello everyone
I am here to introduce myself ,its is my first time here and I am hoping for kind words and support.
I am 34 yrs old my husband is 41 and we have been trying to have a baby.
I have had 3 pregnancies and all were unsuccessful—I had my first miscarriage and it was a chemical pregnancy,
my second miscarriage was at 3 or 4 weeks. Took two cycles of clomid then My third was an ectopic pregnancy which had to be terminated with methotraxate .
As a result of my ectopic pregnancy Hsg shows I now have a blocked right tube. 

The doctor says my options are tubal cannulation to open the tube, keep it blocked and  take more clomid to hopefully ovulate more from the left or go to IVF.

I no longer want to take clomid bc deep down I feel it has a high risk for ectopic.
currently, I am just trying to see if my body ovulates from the left but , every month its disappointing to get news I am ovulating from the blocked side. 
I am just trying to stay patient and positive and give myself some time before I jump to IVF. It has been such a sad painful exhausting journey for me so far. I am just hoping to get support and hope I get through this. If there is anyone in a similar situation please share so we can support each other .
thank you , well wishes to everyone 

Re: Introduction (loss mentioned)

• Hello, I'm so sorry to hear about everything you have went through, I can relate a bit. I have had 3 ectopic pregnancies resulting in tubal infertility. I got my right tube removed with the first EP and after the second one I was told that I was at even greater risk of it happening again and it did. So I had to have both my tubes removed and now we are starting our first IVF cycle in February. 
    I have met some really strong ladies on here who offer support and have had success even after having to go through multiple cycles. I was diagnosed with PCOS after my first EP and even though I did not ovulate every month, I still got KU twice after, so there is always hope.
    You still have one tube so it is still possible to get PG naturally but with risks. If it were me, and after experiencing miscarriages as well, I would strongly consider moving to IVF with PGS testing.
    Whatever you feel is best for you and your DH you should go with. Trust your gut! Also, I would see an RE and get their take on things and also have some additional testing done as well since OBGYNs only test for a small number of things. 
    I wish you best of luck and success in the new year with whatever route you decide to take. GL
    Me:28 DH:33
    01/10/12 : First ectopic pregnancy  :'(
    Dx:PCOS
    2012-2015: TTC #2 (2 rounds of clomid + metformin)
    04/13/15: Second ectopic pregnancy  :'(
    02/29/16: Third ectopic pregnancy  :'(
    Tubal Infertility
    Married: 2/11/17  <3
    7/21/17 : Consult with RE  :#
    10/12/17 : Second consult with a different RE
    1st IVF Cycle scheduled for Feb 2018
    02/13/18 : ER
    (22 follies,16m Eggs, 11 fert, 5 blasts)
    02/18/18 : ET 
    - 2 beautiful blast 3AA,2AA (highest quality)
    02/27/18 : First Beta - 193!!!
    03/01/18 : Second Beta - 546

• Hi
    thanks so much for the kind words , what is PGS testing?  Not sure if my doctor at the fertility clinic did that test. I am sorry to hear about your journey and I hope you have successful IVF.  
    Hugs
  • Loading the player...
  • @knottiea50de73521bb36be PGS is pre implantation genetic screening. It’s when they screen the embryos for chromosomal abnormalities. 
  • Im so sorry you find yourself here, a place no one wants to be  :/
  • Hi there. I haven't experienced this exactly, so I don't have personal experience as far as specific to what you are going through. I have had multiple miscarriages as well. I have PCOS, so I haven't been able to get pregnant since getting off of Clomid. Praying for you girls. Keep hoping and knowing that God has a plan for you! 
  • @knottiea50de73521bb36be thank you. I wish for you to be successful in whatever you choose to do. Happy Holidays and a very Blessed New Year!
    Me:28 DH:33
    01/10/12 : First ectopic pregnancy  :'(
    Dx:PCOS
    2012-2015: TTC #2 (2 rounds of clomid + metformin)
    04/13/15: Second ectopic pregnancy  :'(
    02/29/16: Third ectopic pregnancy  :'(
    Tubal Infertility
    Married: 2/11/17  <3
    7/21/17 : Consult with RE  :#
    10/12/17 : Second consult with a different RE
    1st IVF Cycle scheduled for Feb 2018
    02/13/18 : ER
    (22 follies,16m Eggs, 11 fert, 5 blasts)
    02/18/18 : ET 
    - 2 beautiful blast 3AA,2AA (highest quality)
    02/27/18 : First Beta - 193!!!
    03/01/18 : Second Beta - 546