November 2017 Moms

All Moms Check-In 12/17

Another week with our little ones and more updates to share!

1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you?
2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?
3) For nursing moms, how are feedings going?  Baby reacting to any particular foods?
4) For formula-feeding moms, how are feedings going? Have you had to switch formulas at all?
5) Rants/raves/concerns?
6) Anything else you want to add/ask?
7) GTKY: What has been your favorite moment so far with your LO?

Re: All Moms Check-In 12/17

• 1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you? 3w3d

Not until 12/26

3) For nursing moms, how are feedings going?  Baby reacting to any particular foods?
    Feedings are going pretty good. She still struggles to latch on the left side at night which is odd, even if she is wide awake. I have also noticed that sometimes, she starts acting a little frantic while eating and starts tossing her head a bit, making noises and sometimes unlatches. I am not sure if the milk is coming to her too quickly or what, but it's strange. I usually give her second and then relatch. Anyone else have this issue?

5) Rants/raves/concerns? 
    She has started sleeping for about 4.5 hours straight for the first stretch of the night, which is so nice! Then she does a 2 hour, 1 hour, 1 hour stretch for the rest of the night. Not a solid nights sleep, but it's an improvement!

6) Anything else you want to add/ask? Nope.

7) GTKY: What has been your favorite moment so far with your LO? Last night, before bed, as I was changing DD and trying to help her get some gas out (she is a very gassy baby lol), she started smiling and even made some gurgling sounds. It was so adorable and melted my heart. I kept moving her legs and making noises to entertain her. It last about 5 minutes and I got DH to come over too. It was so much fun to see her personality start to come through and actually play with her for a little bit. I know it sounds bad, but I just now feel like I am really starting to bond with DD. I have loved her since day 1, but having moments like last night and other ones where she makes eye contact or snuggles has made our bond a lot stronger.
  • 1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you?
    3w3d
    Nothing until her 2 month checkup in January.
    We have started trying to get her to sleep better at night by keeping night feedings quiet and dark, and it's been working for the couple days since we started!
    4) For formula-feeding moms, how are feedings going? Have you had to switch formulas at all?
    5) Rants/raves/concerns? 
    We had our Christmas with both families this weekend, and she did so well with being around so many people at once.
    Nope.
    It's hard to pick just one! I just love those quiet moments when I'm holding her and she just looks up at me with her big eyes.
    Also, the faces she makes when she is pooping. They crack me up!
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you? 7 weeks today!

She still does not seem to be reacting to any foods in particular, but she does spit up quite frequently and has gas. We’re having some latch issues now that we’ve introduced a bottle. I keep trying to correct her latch by pulling down her lower lip when she goes to latch, flipping up her upper lip, etc., but it is hit and miss.  Night time is worse; I swear it is because she cannot see! 

5) Rants/raves/concerns? 
    I have 2 weeks of leave left and am starting to get concerned that we have not found child care yet. We thought we had, but the woman we bed turned the job down.  

And we have a roof leak.  Lovely. But the vast majority of roofers and contractors we reached out to did not return our calls and the one who did is booked till spring. FX our roof does not collapse this winter. 

7) GTKY: What has been your favorite moment so far with your LO? The moment she giggled for the first time. I love love love the morning cuddles on my chest, and am soaking up each nap until I go back to work. 
  • @dragonfly87-2 Yes, my daughter does that too. Only sometimes, as she is vigorously whipping her head back and forth and working her jaw up and down, she manages to clamp on to my nipple with her gums at just the right moment mid-head-whip and drags my nipple with her. OW! 
  • @dragonfly87-2, sometimes they do that because they want a nipple for to pacify but get upset that milk is coming out. DS does that sometimes,  so frustrating. He'll eventually latch on later and nurse a little bit
  • 1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you? 3w2d

next Tuesday is our 4 week

cooked onions, smoked meat and the crockpot red beans I made have been bad. The red beans made me miserable with gas and inevitably he was super gassy and fussy for hours. Still pumping on a schedule and supply is doing well

5) Rants/raves/concerns? 
    I think he has reflux still. He thrashes around after eating and is so squirmy while burping 

what works for gas for you? We do gas drops and gripe water. Bicycles do nothing 

BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

7 weeks 3 days

none right now. I'm cleared from a productive stand point but my body is not back to normal. 

thought it was going well but not sure. I may have oversupply. I've tried block feeding. LO was fine with dairy before so unsure why hee would have troubles now. His stools are a lime green and mostly mucus. I've called his doctor. 

5) Rants/raves/concerns?
    my DH, still my rant. Why is it so hard to help? If I hand you the baby don't go and set him down, I could have done that. And when a new mom feels overwhelmed or unhappy why do we jump to pill pushing instead of having people help more? 

anyone else's LO have trouble pooping or have strange colors?

7) GTKY: What has been your favorite
    moment so far with your LO?
    he's usually on point with his reactions being it a smile or frown, I know not on purpose.  Favorite was when he is upset we can start Enya and he can't fight it. 
  • @dragonfly87-2 Yup, my son does the exact same frantic thing. I think sometimes it's because he just wants to to suck but doesn't want to eat, and sometimes he might be feeling gassy. I don't know the answer, but it was helpful to hear that others are experiencing the same thing!

@MaximumEffort I'm so sorry you still aren't getting the help you need. Re: poop colors, yes, sometimes! We've had a couple of diapers with green leafy looking poop, like spinach or pesto. Not quite the same as as your lime green ones...

1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you? 2 weeks and 2 days

2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Two last week, at the first his weight was awesome (he had already gained well over his birth weight back), but then two days later his weight was still the same, so we're going back tomorrow for a weight check. 

3) For nursing moms, how are feedings going?  Baby reacting to any particular foods? He might be having a reaction to cow's milk, but I'm not sure yet. He's had a couple of huge spit-ups in the morning after I've had milk, like spitting up the entire feeding. So frustrating and heartbreaking.

5) Rants/raves/concerns? I suck at mobile bumping and haven't quite figured out my new phone; sorry for all the bold text.

7) GTKY: What has been your favorite moment so far with your LO? Mmm, probably watching him snuggle and snooze on his dad's chest, and just seeing how good his dad is at taking care of him.
  • 1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you? 3 weeks 2 days

He was 4 oz. over birth weight at our two week check up. We have a lip / tongue tie consult on 12/20.

Doing pretty well, but some pain with latching sometimes due to his ties. I can't wait to get them fixed!

5) Rants/raves/concerns? 
    A couple of days ago, he cluster fed around the clock and didn't sleep from 8 pm until 7 am. I got about 90 minutes of sleep and DH was working an overnight. It was terrible! The last two nights have been much better!

7) GTKY: What has been your favorite moment so far with your LO? Seeing our features and habits in him! We also see some of our family members in LO and it's so cool!

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
    6 weeks

I have my six week pp check up tomorrow.

Feedings are going well. Last Thursday I had a super fussy LO because of gas, and I think it's because a drank pop(soda).

5) Rants/raves/concerns?
     Does anyone else feel like their LO is growing to fast .... some of her 0-3 month clothes aren't going to fit much longer. :(

Nope

I love that she is more alert and smiling and giving me all the cute faces. Also it makes me happy she knows my voice. 
  • dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited December 2017
    @MaximumEffort sorry to hear your DH is still being difficult. Have you been able to have a sit down convo with him about how you are feeling? 

@NYTino24 hopefully you can get the tongue tie issue resolved soon. Love the pic, DD has the same wubabnub and loves putting her arms around it. 

• 1) How many days/weeks post- are you? 33 days 

2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? No not until next month

3) For nursing moms, how are feedings going?  Baby reacting to any particular foods? Feedings are good but DD is gassy and me too so im not sure what’s going on. 

5) Rants/raves/concerns? Just the gassy but this baby is so laidback!

7) GTKY: What has been your favorite moment so far with your LO? I love holding and staring at her. I know how fast the newborn ‘ness’ goes away so I’m trying to soak it all in. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @kdw89 I also think she’s growing too fast! I need to wash her 0-3 month clothes as she is outgrowing her newborn stuff now! 

@DungeonTrollMel I forgot about gas drops! We’ve been using gripe water and I think it works. Bicycle kicks and massaging her tummy don’t seem to make a difference. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Anyone else dealing with postpartum carpal tunnel? I had it in my right wrist during pregnancy and thought it would go away after birth. Now it is in both wrists though. I have a brace for the right side, but need to get one for the left. Not sure what else to do to help.
  • @MaximumEffort - Enya does it for us too! Her Christmas album (as well as the Anúna Christmas album) are on repeat these days. 

@dragonfly87-2 - Definitely dealing with the carpal tunnel as well. One night last week I had to had the baby off to my husband pronto (thank goodness he was there) because it suddenly hurt so bad I thought I was going to drop her. 

My LC also recommended NatPhoss for reflux and gas issues. We’ve been using gripe water, which seems to help a little. A lot of the moms in my breastfeeding support group recommended NatPhos for reflux. I guess it helps with spitting up. I’m already not eating the major food triggers (because of my own food allergies), so I’m at a loss of what is causing the reflux. 

7w4d

Feedings are going okay. LO doesn't feed as long as she used to,  maybe cause she's more efficient...? Not reacting to any goods,  thankfully. We have learned the importance of burping post feedings,  as she now spits up more.  Still eating 2-3 hours,  and sometimes more during the witching hours.  

5) Rants/raves/concerns?

I have been cramping a lot off and on,  like my cycle is trying to start.  

In the early afternoon,  after we've nursed, she will be extra snuggle. We just rock and rock. Makes me want to bottle up these moments.  
  • @dragonfly87-2 we get the frantic latch/unlatch. If she's wanting to comfort nurse or mostly when she's over tired. We'll also try the pacifier. She wants the pacifier then spits out out,  then frantically wants it again.  

@curiousfool1 I feel the same way about soaking up those moments.  I go back to work in a couple weeks.  Just love love it.  

@DungeonTrollMel We struggle with reflux and gas.  We are on reflux meds. The other day when I was changing her,  I could hear the milk bubbling back up in her throat.  For the gas,  I do tummy rubs.  Gas drops or gripe water don't really help us.  mostly i hear they outgrow this stage.  FX 

• mymulliganmymulligan member
    edited December 2017

1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you? 8 weeks 1 day

No appts for him but I had my 6 week PP check up (more like 8 weeks) on Friday. I was hoping to get my iud but doctor wants to wait another 4 weeks. His 2 month appt is 12/29.

3) For nursing moms, how are feedings going?  Baby reacting to any particular foods? G
    oing pretty well, no reactions that I can tell but I do think he may be getting too much foremilk. After reading what @MaximumEffort wrote, I am going to try block feeding. (I hadn't never heard of that so thanks for the tip) His poops are green and very runny. And he wants to eat constantly so maybe he is not getting filled enough. I seriously can't get over how much he eats!

5) Rants/raves/concerns? 
    he is still hard to put down during the day. Wants to be held constantly. I can maybe get a couple minutes if I put him on his playmat in front of the mirror. 

We haven't seen him offer a social smile and he is 8 weeks. It's making me nervous. I'm not sure if this is a milestone we should adjust for his gestational age (he would only be 3 weeks). But it makes me sad to think he's either not happy or is behind. He does smile when hea drifting to sleep.

I do just love how he knows I'm his mama and he often just settles down when I pick him up or take him from someone else when he's been fussing. I'm really looking forward to getting a smile soon!!
  • @dragonfly87-2 I had it really bad in pregnancy, but it has gotten a lot better postpartum. I haven't worn my braces in 4 days! Here is what helped when the carpal tunnel was really bad: acupuncture, ice, paraffin wax dips, sleeping with arms fully extended and a pillow in between them 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 That's awesome yours has improved and no braces! Thanks for the tips. I saw a groupon for accupuncture, so I might just grab it and give it a try. It seems to be the worst at night right before bed and while sleeping. I have noticed keeping my wrists/hands flat seems to help, but I tend to scrunch them up mid sleep.
  • Excited to try this little lamp out at night during feedings. We currently have LO in our room and I leave the TV on throughout the night to provide enough light to get up and see, but not be too bright. Depending on what is on the TV, sometimes it is a little too dark though and makes latching/feeding difficult. Also, I don't want to burn the bulb out on our TV (it's getting older), so I ordered this motion sensored soft night light for $10 off Amazon. It gets great reviews and I hope it works well. Figured I would share in case anyone else is looking for something similar. I will update once I get it and try it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014R3S1WE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • @mymulligan wonder weeks says to go by babies gestational age/due date. My little one was 3 weeks early so about 4-5 weeks right now. 
    5 weeks, 5 days

LO had one month appointment. In spite of all of the spitting up, she is growing well. 

She seems to nurse fine, but she spits up a lot and is really gassy. The gas seems to make her uncomfortable and she has trouble sleeping. I don’t think she is reacting to any particular food but I may start a log of my food and her behavior to see if there seems to be any correlation. 

5) Rants/raves/concerns?
    For the last week my LO has been up from like 10 am-ish until 2 am-ish. She’s really gassy and fussy and the only thing that calms her is standing up to rock while patting her bottom. It’s rough.

7) GTKY: What has been your favorite 
    moment so far with your LO?
    Even though that 4 hour stretch of fussiness is hard, it is our only time together by ourselves so in a way, I’m kind of grateful for that time.
  • Does anyone know how to respond to a specific person? People tag people all the time, but I can't figure out how...

My DD , now 2 1/2, spit up all the time and was extremely fussy. The pediatrician ignored my concerns because she was gaining weight... she was even in the 95%. When we started formula at 8 months, it was a diaster but we finally found one that worked for her. At 1, we discovered that she was allergic to peanuts and dairy. It broke my heart that I put her through a whole year of
    discomfort. Try cutting out the big allergens from your diet to see if the spitting up dimishes.  

However, I know that every baby is different.... her digestive tract just need some
    time to get use to your diet. Good luck!
  • 1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you? 5 weeks
    1 month appt it went well
    N/A
    Going good
    5) Rants/raves/concerns?
    7) GTKY: What has been your favorite moment so far with your LO? Skin to skin time after baths and watching her facial expressions daily
  • @mabel2015-2 if you type the @ sign and then the username, you can tag someone 
  • Ugh ladies, I am worried LO might be developing nipple confusion. I really hope this isn't the case. We waited until 4 weeks to introduce a bottle and after two days (one bottle per day), she was acting very strange tonight while breastfeeding. She kept opening her mouth, went to latch, but didn't/couldn't. Then she would start getting frantic and crying. We did this for about 5 minutes. I got frustrated and decided to rock her to sleep. I hope when I wake her for her next feeding this doesn't happen again. We are going to stop using the bottle for a few more weeks.
  • 1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you? 7 weeks
    weight check, it was ok but he was born in the 80% and is now steady at the 30-40%. Hoping he picks up!
    were good! Definite dairy issue, once I cut dairy it was so much better (gas and fussiness). He gets so frantic and pissed around 6 that we started giving a small bottle (formula or pumped milk) and he’s like a different baby now that we started that
    we do a small bottle, switched to hypoallergenic because of the dairy issues 
    5) Rants/raves/concerns? 
    weight for graham, I think because I couldn’t nurse my daughter I’m really doubting myself. Plus my husband thinks our daughter was sleeping so much better by now so he’d love if we switched to formula. He’s annoying me ha
    7) GTKY: What has been your favorite moment so far with your LO?watching my kids together.. graham stares at my daughter and she is head over heels in love. It took us 2 years to conceive him, watching them together makes it worth it
  • @dragonfly87-2 We have had that issue, but it's always gas! Try burping or checking her diaper and then relatching.

• @nytino24: thanks for the tip, I will try that. Last night, it was a small repeat of the latch struggle, but she managed to figure it out for about 5 minutes to eat. 
  • @dragonfly87-2 same as above - LO will shake husband head back and forth with his mouth open. I find it’s usually gas also/
  • @dragonfly87-2 it could also be that LO is trying to use your nipple just to pacify and doesn't want milk. Hasn't mastered that yet and in getting milk gets upset.  My LO does that but hates pacifiers most the time. As the rest say it very well could be gas.