Infertility

November IVF

1151617181921»

Re: November IVF

• @cmiller73 and @emmasemm thanks guys. I do have insurance, but they only cover 2-3 IVF cycles (3 has caveats) and I have a monetary lifetime maximum for benefits, so we want to get the biggest bang for our buck, so to speak, and if my doctor thinks he has learned from this and can get more in a future cycle, especially since my insurance requires a fresh transfer and that may make future cycles not possible, it may be smarter to just cancel. I don't know. My doctor is calling later today and we will see what we are gonna do.
  • I'm so sorry you are going through this @kiwi2628. If you don't want to do the cycle, could you switch to IUI instead?
  • Loading the player...
  • @mac627 and @baseballhoney thank you for the good vibes and confidence.  I’m in knots waiting for Tuesday.

@kiwi2628 I am so so sorry.  If you can leave work please do to take care of yourself.  My IVF#2 was canceled (really near the begin) so not really the same but they adjusted my protocol and my IVF#2 ended up being my most successful cycle out of 3 IVFs so maybe they can learn something and you’ll have a better outcome next time especially considering your insurance stipulations it seems like a disappointing but best route to take.  Sounds like you do have 3 really good follicles to work with though.  Would they consider converting you to an IUI?

Me:38 DW:33 
    TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
     * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
     * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
     * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
     * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
     * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
    2018 DD born 8/20/18
    2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
      * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6

• Update from RE: of the 10 fertilized, 2 made it to day 5/6 and were biopsied and frozen. Samples went to NJ lab today and we should hear results in 7-14 days.  My immediate response: we should have fresh transferred a few (my RE previously aid we had amazing embryos thru day 3) and grew the rest out. Now, knowing the rates for my age, I’m a nervous wreck.

OMG, fingers, toes and everything else crossed at this point. Disappointed in our survival rate, but working hard to stay positive that we have strong, tough normies. 
  • @kiwi2628 ugh that sucks!! I agree with the others- maybe you could still do IUI?

@cmiller73 why didn’t you transfer a few? Was there a reason? Or just waiting for PGS testing? Hope your 2 are the ones for you!!
    TTC #1
    dx: DOR
    8 cycles Clomid (1 BFP & MC)
    3 failed IUIs (Follistim & Trigger)
    IVF #1
  • I just scheduled my first ultrasound for this Friday! Too early to see anything too exciting but I’m keeping my fx that this keeps going well. Still super nervous. As you girls know, IF really messes with your head! Trying to enjoy it. :smile:
    TTC #1
    IVF #1
  • @mac627 doc said 8+ fertilized we should try to grow them out (last cycle we only had 4 fertilize and did a fresh transfer of all with no implantation.... ) I know he wants to stop throwing “spaghetti at the wall” and give us better chances of a successful pregnancy but this old lady is frustrated  :( 
  • @2momshoping congrats!  Super happy for you two!

@cmiller73. If it makes you feel better 10 years ago ( I was a lot younger) I transferred two day 3’s and BFN. One slow grower of 11 fertilized eggs made it to day 5. TW**. He is 9 now.* end TW.  This cycle I had 13 great looking day 3’s and all but 2 stopped around day 3/4. Froze two for PGS.  When they make it that far they are such huge chances those are take home sticky nuggets.  

@mac627. It totally messes with your head.  So far so good just try to take time to relax!!!  

AFM I thought ya’ll might have moved to another board so I just have not posted.  Definitely thinking about you all.
    We had 2 freeze.  Honestly the embryologist called and was like we have one that is still growing. It’s super slow. - me” well what do you do if it gets to 7 days and it is still not biopsiable?” EMBryologist: Ummm well we stop growing it. —- so I sort of did not consider the fact they refused to freeze hatching blasts that were growing.  (TW**** : I basically told them I have one of the lowest betas that resulted in a pregnancy in the history of the clinic.  I’ve had experience with slow growers before and it had better get frozen and tested END. *****TW). So less grumpy me feels better that I have 2 to test.  But completely taken aback by the embryology side of things.  Me and team embryology not on the same page.

So happy to see the happy betas on the board!  
  • @kiwi2628. Hey hon.  Ok this sucks but you have two things here.  You could rock an IUi with those follies and not have all of the recovery on your body.  It is still a good chance.  It will be like a fresh transfer!    It is nice to see how your ratios of fertilized eggs to ones that grow play out in IVF and you will get to do that if this iui does not work out.  Sorry about things.  
    But you still get to try with those eggs!!  *hugs*
  • @sunnyinatx Hopefully you can get that 3rd one to freeze!
  • @cmiller73 yeah I don’t blame you for being frustrated! 

@sunnyinatx it’s good that you have 2 to freeze! But wait- they won’t freeze a hatching blast? I don’t get it! Does it not have enough cells or something? 
    TTC #1
    IVF #1
  • @mac627 they said on day 6 the hatching blast did not have enough placental cells so they didn’t think it would get frozen on day 7.  If it grew enough cells for the placenta they would biopsy it. It had all of the correct baby cells. They didn’t give me any details on its progress but it was biopsied and frozen.  For my total of two.   But still annoying to learn about this process.  I don’t know if my story pushed them to preserve it or not.
  • @cmiller73 FX for your two little fighters!  I always think more chances is better but I also know I hate disappointment so I can see where testing is better. 

@mac627 I’m only starting to realize just how much joy IF can rob you of the worry sucks. Big time.  FX for a beautiful u/s on Friday!

@sunnyinatx good for you for standing up to the embryologist.  I had two that didn’t make it to freeze on day 6 and all I could think is damn I was just there yesterday for a transfer I should have asked them to just throw them in just in case.  Though I’m sure that may have not been the right move it makes me wonder if there are lost opportunities in the biohazard bin.

Beta #2 results in spoiler

Beta1-63, Beta2-127 I don’t think it really hit me that things might be ok until that second beta.  If you double my clinic doesn’t continue on with betas so I’m schedule for u/s on 12/18.
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• @2MomsHoping Congrats!! So exciting. 

I hear you guys on IF robbing you of joy and the worry. I think I won't feel great about this until after my ultrasound and know that there is a heatbeat. I am trying to enjoy what I do have though. And DH is great about making me worry less. 
  • @2MomsHoping and @baseballhoney I second that! I’m on the exact same page. Having the doubling betas is definitely reassuring but until I pass the heartbeat hump I’m still going to keep worrying. And let’s be honest- I’ll probably keep worrying up until that baby is born and beyond lol. Keeping fx for both of your ultrasounds!
    TTC #1
    IVF #1
  • Hey everyone, just checking in and love seeing all the excitement around BETAs and ultrasounds (my everything is crossed for you ladies on your journey closer to the end we all want!)

AFM, I must have had the quickest PGS ever in the history of PGSs... biopsied on Sunday, sent to lab Monday and abnormal results by Tuesday morning! :/ The frustrations continue here in our household.

Followup with the RE next week Thursday to see next steps. Ill be honest... a year of IVF is taxing on the heart, soul (and wallet since we are all OOP) so interested in what the ‘teams’ analysis and recommendations are... *sigh*
  • I'm so sorry to hear that @cmiller73. It really does get to be taxing and feel like it is taking over your life. 

@mac627 good luck tomorrow!
  • @cmiller73 I'm sorry about you PGS results that is devastating news.  So much is put into an IVF cycle it's just so unfair to have nothing (but a lower bank account) afterwards.  This was your second IVF right?

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• @cmiller73 so sorry to hear about your abnormal results. That really sucks so much! Hope your RE is able to come up with a good plan for you!! *hugs*
    TTC #1
    IVF #1
  • *TW* my first u/s was today and everything is looking as it should! I’m still super nervous about every twinge I feel, but apparently it’s normal after IVF to have ovulation cysts on the ovaries (they were very visible on the u/s) and the ovaries are so large from all the meds that now they’re shrinking back down, so I feel better knowing the reasons for what I’m feeling. My next u/s is 12/18 so I will be making myself crazy until then ha. @2MomsHoping and @baseballhoney I think we’re all on the same day! I hope I’ll stop worrying so much once I hear a heartbeat. Until then, I’m definitely happy and excited but also still hesitant. *end TW*
    TTC #1
    IVF #1
  • *still lurking*

@cmiller73 So sorry to hear about your PGS results. That really sucks. Hoping the team has some good ideas for you on Thursday. Just PM if you need to vent some frustration or swap notes on plans.
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Looks like the 18th will be a busy day @mac627 and @2MomsHoping
  • @mac627 a million cheers for your good ultrasound.  Cysts are super common after IVF you shouldn’t worry about them.  I’m hoping you get to see a heatbeat.  I am on 12/18 too we can be u/s buddies.   

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• @2MomsHoping this was my 4th round this year. So yeah, as my RE said today, "I really expected you to be carrying at this point..." *sigh*

@emmasemm today's appointment was good. Hubby and I are working through our options and are now considering ALL. The 'team' only will let me go through one more IVF cycle (mainly because we are 100% self pay and they are protecting our purse... ).... 

Congrats to all who are moving right along! I come in here to help keep the faith and send the positive vibes out into the universe for all us ladies battling IF. You ladies ROCK :)

Ill keep you posted where I land (@emmasemm keep me up to date on you too! IM ANY time :) )

@laurad75  did I miss and update? How is everything going with you? Been thinking of you lately (hug) and hoping all is well!
  • @cmiller73 Yes, you missed some news:

On Tuesday I had positive beta of 337.  I went back this morning for follow up blood work but everything is looking great right now.  Thank you for checking in!

History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Congrats @laurad75!! I'm so excited for you. 
  • @laurad75 Congratulations!!!!!

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• Yayyyyyyy! That’s so exciting @laurad75 ! Great number. Keeping my fx for doubling betas!! 
    TTC #1
    IVF #1
  • I’ve been lurking between this board and December IVF board! Congrats @laurad75 :smile: we have been on the same boards before - maybe Feb IVF or May FET! Congrats!!! 
  • ****TW**** went for my u/s at 6w4d today and saw and heard the heartbeat!! Can’t believe it after what we experienced last year- I’m so excited!!

@baseballhoney and @2MomsHoping how did yours go??
    TTC #1
    IVF #1
  • @mac627. Congrats!!!! Such great news!!

@laurad75 I sort of stalked you on the DE page.  Congrats I am so happy for you!
  • @mac627 That is so great. I am so excited for you!! 

**tw**
    My u/s went great. There were two heartbeats! I got to see them and hear them and now I feel like I can finally relax a little. 
  • @mac627 & @baseballhoney Congrats, ladies!!!! Wonderful updates!!!

@2MomsHoping I hope your ultrasound went well yesterday too!

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @baseballhoney wow two??? Congrats!!
    TTC #1
    IVF #1