November 2017 Moms

My baby is sleeping in...

mabel2015-2mabel2015-2 member
edited December 2017 in November 2017 Moms
hi ladies! Curious to hear what your snuggle bug is sleeping in during nap time and bedtime. My DS has been exclusively in a rock and play in our room since we came home from the hospital. He does so well it in that I am scared to transition to a crib or bassinet (which I feel like I should do soon!) We never had to swaddle him, but I think we may have to if we decide to move him into anything else because of the startle reflex. 

No judgment of what anyone chooses to do! I've done it all with both of my kids... swaddle, no swaddle, co sleeping, bassinet, and even some stomach sleeping! 

Re: My baby is sleeping in...

• Whoops. I forgot to add that i have contributed to this page, but it was under my old screen name ellenr80. I introduced my son, Jack, a few weeks ago. I promise I'm not a lurker.
  • Mt guy was in the newborn sleeper of his pack n play in our room for about 2 weeks at night, naps are a combo of rock n play, his crib or on me. The last little bit we have had to use the rock n play for night as well as he is a very restless sleeper. We do swaddle him but he fights his arms free. I may get one of the swaddleme Velcro wraps this weekend 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Loading the player...
  • My DD sleeps in a cosleeper beside our bed. I plan to keep her there till she starts to get too big then transition her to a crib probably around 6months still in our room. I do cosleep sometimes, I coslept with DS till he was a year then moved him to his own crib in his room . I hope not to cosleep much with DD just because it scares me, but we gotta sleep so I default to it at times. 
  • mabel2015-2mabel2015-2 member
    edited December 2017
    I co slept with my daughter a lot because she cluster fed so much. I try to avoid it with DS, but sometimes we fall asleep while I'm nursing. Lately I've been forcing myself to get into a recliner and nurse for middle of the night feedings
  • For the first 1.5 weeks, our DD slept in a newborn sleeper connected to the pack and play. Now, she sleeps on a mattress in the pack and play at night. During the day, she sleeps on our chests or in the boba wrap.
  • DS sleeps swaddled in his rock n play primarily.  We have tried his bassinet but he has been sick and couldn't be flat on his back.  He has slept a lot on my chest in bed or after his early morning feed he sleeps in bed with me, he enjoys sleeping on his side, by that time DH isn't in bed anymore so I don't have to worry about him. 

• DS sleeps in his crib during the night and a combo of his crib, my chest and his swing during the day. Also, because He has an older sister, he does end up sleeping a lot in his car seat.
  • MY daughter sleeps in a bassinet in our room at night and for now, naps either on/wrapped to me or in her Mamaroo swing. Every once in a while i’ll Put her in bed with me for the last sleep chunk in the morning if she has been cluster feeding or won’t go back down in her bassinet and I need an hour of sleep. Those times are getting fewer and farther between. 
  • DS sleeps swaddled in his bassinet at night and during the day he usually naps in his swing or bouncer. 
  • So reassuring to hear you aren’t the only mom who lets your baby sleep in the swing the whole time some days or next to you just for that extra hour of sleep 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• DD sleeps in the pnp bassinet in our room at night.  We use the halo Velcro swaddle. Since she is going on 7 weeks,  we are transitioning from swaddling arms in to arms out because she's working on rolling. During naps,  I try to put her in the actual crib in the nursery. I wanted her to get used to sleeping in there.  I usually just swaddle in a blanket during naps, but now pushing to no blanket or those fleece sleep sacks. 
  • Little man sleeps in his crib at night and in his pack and play or his mamaroo during the day. Though he would much prefer to sleep on my chest all the time. We swaddle him at night with his arms out in the crib. 
  • He is in the rock n play for the first half of the night and then ends up in bed with me around 4am. During the day he either naps in the swing, rock n play, or on our bed. 
    Ive been thinking we need to transition him to the crib at least for nap time! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Apparently LO likes my spot of the bed. It was another night of him fussing while tired but not falling asleep. Finally just laid him where I sleep while I sat at on the bed below him and he fell asleep. He sleeps best of his side. 
  • Little Girl sleeps in her mini crib in our room at night and does pretty well. We started off swaddling her, but she would wiggle her arm out and smack herself in the face and wake herself up. We just leave her arms out now and she does pretty well. During the day she naps either in her little baby seat, the swing, the wrap, the crib or on DH who is incapable of putting her down.

• DD naps mostly in her swing but sometimes on me on the couch or on the floor on a blanket. She sleeps in her bassinet at night in a sleep sack and some nights ends up in bed with me for a few hours so I can get some sleep. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My little one sleeps in her crib at night. During the day  she sleeps in the pack and play as it is down stairs with us. In The evenings we normally have a few hours of cuddle time where she sleeps on my chest.
  • My daughter sleeps in her pack n play and swing during the day and unfortunately she sleeps in the bed with us at night. She is 5 weeks and we haven't been able to get her to sleep in her halo bassinet since her first 2 weeks. 
  • I barely remember my time in the hospital, but I think DS slept for some time in the "crib" while swaddled in a blanket and then the legs out, arms in Woombie. When we got home, I couldn't sleep unless I was sitting up on the couch and I had to call DH on his cell to come out of the guest room to change him or put him in the Arms Reach cosleeper. When I was able to put my feet up on my own, he would sleep for a very short time in the Rock N Play since I couldn't reach into the ARC. Then it was easier to let him sleep on my chest since he was cluster feeding at night. During the day, he would then (and still now) sleep in the RNP. He just seems to hate sleeping in the dark and / or being flat on his back. We have a heater on at night that makes white noise and the alarm clock gives off light, so I don't know what else to do.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 our little one didn't like sleeping flat on her back and the health nurse told us at a week old to but a blanket or thin pillow under one end of the mattress to give her a little elevation. This has worked wonder for us and she sleeps better. 
  • @NYTino24 My LO will not sleep flat on her back either. She spits up every time she is flat. She will nap in her RNP for short periods of time, but she gets her best sleep on my chest. 
  • My LO sleeps mostly in his newborn napper/rocker, but after the 4 am feeding he's on my chest on the couch. Since my husband is a teacher and goes on winter break this week, we're transitioning LO to the bassinet inside the pack n play. We will transition him to the crib once he's sleeping longer stretches through the night. DD wouldn't sleep flat on her back asst this age, so I imagine LO is the same way. We used a crib wedge with DD and it helped tremendously. 
  • My son sleeps swaddled in a bassinet at night. For naps (no swaddle) he's usually either on one of us, or on the couch right next to one of us, or sometimes in a little baby seat thingie. We don't trust our cat with him yet so one of us always has to be right next to him.
  • DD slept great in her bassinet for the first few weeks. She then began to fuss all night long. She wouldn’t cry, just fuss. I tried laying her down while she was sound asleep but she’s wake up instantly and fuss. She hates laying flat on her back so I put a blanket under her mattress to elevate her head, which did not work. I eventually put her in bed with me and she slept like a baby! So now she sleeps with us. I found that she likes to lay on her side so I put her car seat head support thing (not sure of the technical name for it) under her to keep her from rolling into her stomach. I feel a lot of relief seeing that quite a few of you co sleep. I am going to attempt thenbassinet again tonight. FX it works! During the day she falls asleep nursing. Once she’s out, I put her in her swing to nap. I just bought a Tula and will probably have her sleep in that when I have things to do. She’s not a great mapper. She wakes up quite often. I didn’t know I needed the infant insert for the Tula and no store that I can find carries it in the store so I’m going to have to order one before I can use it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Rock n play next to me. Naps are on me, the second I put him down he’s crying. We have a 4 year old so I need to figure out getting him napping in the crib, I tried today and had a short success but then he started screaming as my daughter was eating dinner.. we’re traveling for the holidays but once we’re home we need to get naps in his room. He’s definitely waking easier and my daughter likes to shove a pacifier in his face 5 min into his nap, he’s starting to get a litttle cranky!
  • So we bed share 99% of the time now, if I am able to lay her down in her co sleeper bassinet beside our bed at night it's very brief and she will wake up. She sleeps so good with us and I honestly love it. she won't always be in our bed. I have a huge Boppy type thingy she will nap in during the day or on me. I have not had any success with the bassinet, swing, or the vibrating seat thing, also no luck with a pacifier yet. 
  • Taking away my last comment, must’ve jinxed us as graham was suddenly up hourly. Fell asleep with him nursing on me and we both woke 6 hours later. So he’s been sleeping on me since.. I prop pillows next to me so that I don’t move, or he’s next to me with nothing around us. It’s good except we’re both nervous of my husband (mover and deep sleeper) so he’s sleeping in our guest room, so we’ll definitely need to figure out how to get graham in his crib once hes going longer stretches at night. 
  • Naps are either on my chest or in the dock a tot. Same with bedtime. He occasionally naps in the mamaroo which makes me happy since my daughter hated it. 
  • Sooo my son was sleeping on our bed with me yesterday morning and I left him side lying in my Boppy Back and Belly pillow (basically like the old school baby sleep positioners) while I went to the bathroom. My husband was next to him and when I came back a minute later, he had shifted to his belly. I could tell he was breathing fine and watched him for a while. I asked DH to keep an eye on him and kept coming back to check periodically. He slept for almost 3 hours (without me) on his stomach!! He even picked up his head and switched it to the other side. He is still moslty napping with me and always sleeping with me at night, but I was able to get him to nap in the swing and I think I will be able to get him to sleep alone in the cosleeper soon. He has "grown up" so much this week! Six weeks seems so short and so long at the same time. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • at the beginning mine would only sleep on me during the day and did great in his bassinet. now hell sleep in the swing or pack n play (or on me) during the day. and still does fantastic at night. were transitioning to his crib this month so well see how that goes. weve been trying to get him to nap once in there during the day and hes not having it. it is not recommended to use inclined items for sleep (including the swing) so i don't leave the room or nap while hes sleeping in that. i hate being that person in posts like this, but i would hate myself more if i didnt say something, but rock n plays and those types, bouncers, etc are not intended for long sleep or overnight, and definitely not unsupervised.