February 2018 Moms
Options

EDD 11-17 Feb, 31 Weeks! | 12.11

2»

Re: EDD 11-17 Feb, 31 Weeks! | 12.11

• Options
    @Chawk17 keep that baby in there for as long as you can! Praying for you! 
  • Options
    Thanks gals. It's pretty scary. We just keep telling her to grow. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, @Chawk17 , sorry you're going through this worry!  Keep us posted.  I'm glad your doctor(s) are on top of it. 
  • Options
    babybro218babybro218 member
    edited December 2017
    Stuck in Random Box: thinking of you @Chawk17 and hoping that baby girl keeps getting bigger!

ETA spelling
  • Options
    @Chawk17 sorry to hear the news! Praying that your baby keeps growing!!

• Options
    @Chawk17 thinking of you and LO.  Hopefully baby is just small but grows symmetrically (as the proud parent of a 2%er -- still not over that and he's 18 months -- I can attest that some kiddos are just little).  Please keep us posted on your growth scans!
  • Options
    psm2462 said:
    @Chawk17 thinking of you and LO.  Hopefully baby is just small but grows symmetrically (as the proud parent of a 2%er -- still not over that and he's 18 months -- I can attest that some kiddos are just little).  Please keep us posted on your growth scans!
    As someone whose gone through this, did your baby have to stay in nicu, any after birth concerns?  
    Baby's in the 1% and it's hard finding info online. 

• Options
    @Chawk17 Thinking about you and keeping fingers crossed!
    DS 2.07.15
    #2 due 2.15.18
  • Options
    @Chawk17 he was treated in the NICU for 24 hours several days after birth for jaundice (likely as a result of being slightly premature -- spontaneous labor, not induced), but otherwise did not have any after birth concerns or health issues.  He has just consistently been at a very low weight percentile.  

Like you, a friend of mine had regular scans after finding out her baby was 1% to monitor bloodflow, etc.  She wound up being induced at 38 weeks due to blood pressure (not related to baby's size), and her daughter spent no time in the NICU and has done beautifully since.  She's actually gone up a lot in percentile since birth (I think may be closer to 8-9% now?).

Obviously, low weight percentile can be correlated with concerns and potential health issues, but we are two examples of where it just happened to be that we had small babies.  Crossing my fingers this is true for you and LO as well :)
  • Options
    Hopefully baby keeps on growing @Chawk17
    someone from my last bmb had the same issue Baby was only measuring 1-2% 
    She was born full term and healthy. Her daughter is still a peanut (like wearing 12 month clothes at 2 years old) but a healthy, happy 2 y.o
  • Options
    That makes me feel better you guys. When we got home DH got on the internet and tried to find all the success stories.  
  • Options
    1) How are you feeling? 
    Actually pretty well. I feel small for how far along I am and am wondering when I will balloon up (FTM). But booger keeps kicking and I have no idea if I'm actually hungry or if the way he kicks just feels like hunger pangs. 
    2) Any appointments this week? 
    None this week. I had 30 week last week and have my 32 next week. 
    3) Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I want to go into nursery making mode but we are living in a studio until I finish school and then moving when booger is 4 or 5 months so I don't have a nursery to set up for him yet. I suppose I could do a nursery corner for where we will be putting him but that corner is currently my work station... 
    4) GTKY: What is the one thing you decided you must have for this baby? 
    Carrier. I have the Ktan and a becco. I need my arms. 
  • Options
    @psm2462 I'm low risk and I'm not having any more ultrasounds. My last was at 28 and only because i had marginal placenta at my 20 week and they wanted to make sure it moved correctly which it did, so no more for me. 
  • Options
    1) How are you feeling? I feel good most of the time.  This week, I took my preschoolers to the school music concert, and after sitting on the gym floor for an hour, was pretty sore.  I am on the floor with them multiple times a day, but never for that long at one time.  Lesson learned!  This week, I have also been more tired in the evenings than I had been recently, too.  Overall though, I really am thankful to feel good.

2) Any appointments this week? I was supposed to have one today, but they cancelled because the doctor had to go into surgery, so it got pushed into next week.  This will be 4 weeks since I was seen last- is anyone else's office okay with that?  I was totally expecting to go into every-two-weeks mode, but they felt that since I was low-risk, 3 or even 4 weeks was still okay.  While I am certainly thankful to fall into the low-risk category, it just seems like a long time in between appts. at this stage?

3) Rants/Raves/Questions? When does your health insurance let you pick out a pump? I know mine will be covered, but I have zero idea how/when to start that process.  Obviously, I can call them, but figured I'd throw it out here? 

4) GTKY: What is the one thing you decided you must have for this baby? (stolen from another thread because I'm terrible at these) 
    I don't know that I had any hard and fast must-haves? As a FTM, I feel like we need so much, and I don't even know what is most important. I was really excited to get our Tula as a gift, so maybe that?
  • Options
    @lucylou214 you can order at any time through one of the companies (I used Acelleron) and they will know how early they can ship it to you. The whole process was really easy!
  • Options
    @babybro218 , thank you!
  • Options
    @lucylou214
    I just switched from my family Dr to an OB and had 5 weeks between appts (my first appt with OB was yesterday). So I think as long as there aren't any concerns on either side that really need addressed then 3-4 weeks isn't too bad. After your next appt I'm sure they'll make sure you are every 2 weeks
  • Options
    @lucylou214 I don't go to 2 weeks till January 
  • Options
    @lucylou214 I am going 3 and a half weeks between my appointments because we are away for the holidays and she said that was totally fine. 
  • Options
    @Chawk17 - Good thoughts for you. 
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    Thank you, @kbrinks2, @libbodee , @kaitie12-27! It's good to know I'm not the only one! 
  • Options

31 weeks!!  Babies are a zucchini this week
    1) How are you feeling? Like my pelvis is ripping apart and sometimes like she's just going to fall out of me.
    2) Any appointments this week? Wednesday night.
    3) Rants/Raves/Questions? Just counting the days until Christmas break! 
    4) GTKY: What is the one thing you decided you must have for this baby? The Chico Next to me crib that attaches to our bed. I'm buying a secondhand one next month, when all the holiday and birthday craze is over and I have a little more time. 

• Options
    Chawk17Chawk17 member
    edited December 2017
    @lucylou214 i think it depends on your insurance when pump comes. At my 30 week Ultrasound I asked nurse and I have Kaiser Permanente  ( group health) and was told insurance wouldn't ship pump until 1-2 weeks after delivery. 
    But I'm a Ftm so...i could be wrong  :)

Thanks gals for well wishes.  It's nice to hear. At work I just get roll of the eyes when I tell people our high risk issue " so what she'll be small no biggie" ok but I'm a Ftm so I don't know...maybe every week twice a week appointments are no big deal...it is to me. 
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:
    @lucylou214 i think it depends on your insurance when pump comes. At my 30 week Ultrasound I asked nurse and I have Kaiser Permanente  ( group health) and was told insurance wouldn't ship pump until 1-2 weeks after delivery. 
    But I'm a Ftm so...i could be wrong  :)

Thanks gals for well wishes.  It's nice to hear. At work I just get roll of the eyes when I tell people our high risk issue " so what she'll be small no biggie" ok but I'm a Ftm so I don't know...maybe every week twice a week appointments are no big deal...it is to me. 
    It's so hard not to worry and a lot of times people can be jerks about it. Sometimes it's because they don't know what to say and other time she it's because they're not thinking!
    Let it go in one ear and out the other!
    Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!  
  • Options
    Most insurance companies will ship the pump 1 month from the estimated due date. With both of my pregnancies (different insurance each time) my insurance had specific medical supply companies I could order through. I selected my pump choice, entered insurance info and they take care of the right. 
    I already selected my pump this time and it is shipping next month.

you will need to call your insurance company as each company/plan has a slightly different process. 
  • Options
    @Chawk17 , thanks for the info.  We are all supporting you and your LO here, and know that we understand that anything can be worrisome, and we get it!  I think @rmarie13 is right- sometimes, people just don't know what to say, maybe. 

@GoogleMD , thanks for that info! I'll give them a call and see what the deal is.