December 2017 Moms

Due Date Check-In (EDD 12/17-12/23) - Week of 12/11

KayLee77KayLee77 member
edited December 2017 in December 2017 Moms
For mamas due December 17th - December 23rd

Whats your due date?

This week we can finally say, "One week left (ish)!" How do you feel about that? Are you ready?  

How have you captured your pregnancy experience? Have you written letters to your baby or taken a series of photographs? 

What will you share with your child about your pregnancy once they are old enough to talk with you about it?

For FTMs, what has been the best way you and your partner (if you have one currently) have been able to manage this major transition in your life? Advice/stories from STMs is welcomed!

Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doctor this week? 

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

Re: Due Date Check-In (EDD 12/17-12/23) - Week of 12/11

• This week we can finally say, "One week left (ish)!" How do you feel about that? Are you ready?  
    Excited and nervous! Much more ready than last week! Got the nursery done. Just have some general cleanup and gift wrapping to go.

How have you captured your pregnancy experience? Have you written letters to your baby or taken a series of photographs? 
    I have weekly photos, and a pregnancy journal. 

What will you share with your child about your pregnancy once they are old enough to talk with you about it?
    Hmmm I guess whatever questions they may have. Nothing specific comes to mind. 

For FTMs, what has been the best way you and your partner (if you have one currently) have been able to manage this major transition in your life? Advice/stories from STMs is welcomed!
    We have just been very excited and work well together getting the house ready, attending classes etc. it’s a joint effort!

Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doctor this week? 
    Nope- just hoping I won’t have to end up being induced... but I’m fine if she waits till her due date and gives me another week to clean up! Haha
  • Whats your due date?
    12/23 but csection is scheduled for 12/18

This week we can finally say, "One week left (ish)!" How do you feel about that? Are you ready?
    I can't believe we are finally in the homestretch!   

I've taken bump pictures every month.

I can't think of anything in particular at this time. 

Not that I can think of!
  • Loading the player...
  • Whats your due date?
    12/19

Im so ready.  Tomorrow is my last final and Im ready for the baby to be here.  I should probably pack a bag for myself.... Im pretty sure I've been saying that for the past week or two...

I have some photos along the way, not as many as I would have liked to take.  But we did have family photos done and got maternity photos done in that season as well.

What ever he/she asks then I will tell them about it.  My boys will randomly ask questions about when I was pregnant with them and I answer whatever they ask, so I will do the same with this one. 

This is our 3rd baby, so it honestly hasn't had a major transition for us.  Just making room in the house for the baby but other than that its not that big of a transition for us. (ask again after we have the baby. lol since it will be the first time a baby has been in this house in 7 years)

I have an NST tomorrow and again on Friday. Tomorrow is also my 39 week appointment so hopefully he can sweep my membranes. 

• Whats your due date? 12/21 

So ready! Unless baby girl comes early, my maternity leave won't start until my due date, which really stinks. Having to wake up and go to work and sitting in a chair all day is really rough! At least my work is really slow this time of year. Is anyone else still working?

How have you captured your pregnancy experience? Have you written letters to your baby or taken a series of photographs? I bought a pregnancy journal (The Belly Book) and have used that to document my pregnancy. I've spent a lot of time filling it out, so I really hope LO enjoys reading it one day. Also, I've been taking weekly bump pictures.

What will you share with your child about your pregnancy once they are old enough to talk with you about it? Whatever she wants to know! 

For FTMs, what has been the best way you and your partner (if you have one currently) have been able to manage this major transition in your life? Advice/stories from STMs is welcomed! It's been a major bonding experience putting together the nursery, taking my weekly bump pictures, taking care of all the little projects around the house and going to childbirth classes together. I'm beyond grateful to have such a loving and excited partner along for the ride! 

Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doctor this week? I'm going to ask if my doctor is planning to do or recommends a membrane sweep (I'll be 38+6 weeks at my next appointment). Last week I was 1 cm dilated and 80% effaced and baby's head was really low. I'm starting to get nervous that she won't be here by Christmas and getting worried that she'll be a Christmas or day after Christmas baby. I know it sounds irrational since it's out of my control, but I'm having major guilt about it. Unless a medical issue comes up, my OB won't set an induction date until she's a week past due (which seems like forever away!). I understand and respect the reasons why, but I want this baby out of me! I'm so ready to meet her.
  • @hellothere47 I’m right there with you! I’m still working, Friday will be my last day and my csection is on Monday. I’ve found this week that I’m having a very hard time concentrating at work and I’m starting to feel uncomfortable! 
  • Update- I’m showing early possible signs of preeclampsia, so I’m being admitted for induction tomorrow morning. So excited that I’ll get to meet my little lady soon!! Plus, I am so over being pregnant! 
  • @hellothere47
    Prayers for you and your little one and hope for a quick and smooth delivery!

• @hellothere47 - Thinking of you and praying for a smooth delivery and healthy baby!
  • How many of you are still pregnant? I'm now 4 days past my due date. Doc. appt with US. tomorrow. She wont let me go past Thursday. 
  • I'm still pregnant. Day 5 post term for me. I have a nst tomorrrow. 
  • @ChelK3 how did your nst go? I will be induced Thursday. The US showed baby weighing close to 9 pounds, I know they can be off but yikes... 
  • @ridedatide it went good. He moved plenty and heartbeat went up and down like it should. The earliest my dr. could schedule an induction was for friday,(40w+9d)  but she was hopeful I'd go into labor on my own before then. 
  • @ridedatide @ChelK3 thinking of you! I hope your inductions are going/went well! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Whats your due date?
    12/21

I felt pretty ready yet not ready because this was intended to be my last pregnancy. I wanted to feel those baby movements more. 

I have made a journal for baby and took some photos but nothing major

I'll answer all her questions!

Not a FTM... but trying to enjoy pregnancy together helps

Nope!