March 2018 Moms

All the Registry Stuff

2»

Re: All the Registry Stuff

• @jerseygirl9090, that makes perfect sense. I would take a look on maybe some buy & sell facebook pages? Sometimes people sell those for dirt cheap just to get rid of the bulk in their house. I've been back and forth about getting a double/sit to stand for us. DS is 2.5 so I don't think it's worth it. But then I think about taking 2 kids to the mall and I suddenly want one haha
  • Those who already have a kid and not doing another baby Shower, what are y’all purchasing besides the usual diapers, wipes?  I bought some nipple pads for myself and new dr browns nipples for when that time comes...trying to do it now while I have a paycheck!  Anything I’m missing?
  • Loading the player...
  • @slr1229 A double stroller, second noise machine, new bottle nipples, "boy" clothes (having a different sex this time around), some new stuff for nursery.  Not much compared to last time.  I've seen suggestions of buying giftcards now (while you have a paycheck) that you can use for diaper/wipes/etc when you need them later.
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • mdfarmchickmdfarmchick member
    edited December 2017
    @slr1229 a double stroller, a replacement mini crib because mine from my First is at my mom’s, new nipples for bottles, a Fisher Price on the go baby dome for putting the baby in when DS wants to play outside, a second tummy time play gym because DS steals his back whenever another baby is visiting, A+A blanket and swaddles and just some other little stuff to make my life easier. 

Edit: hit post too soon
  • @slr1229 a double stroller, a new car seat, and a bassinet pretty much.
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• @slr1229 new clothes (my first was a girl this ones a boy), another crib(DD is only 18 months hers converts to toddler bed), double stroller, new nipples, for a car seat he will re use our daughters infant seat but we purchased another convertible seat already we got the extend to fit car seat as our second car seat to keep our daughter rear facing longer then then we will switch her back to her graco forever when she is big enough to forward face and put him in extend to fit so he can also stay rear facing longer. 
    Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA

• So, has anyone done a registry at Pottery Barn Kids for nursery stuff? I like how they are solid wood and green gold certified (or whatever in case pregnancy brain mixed that up). We are hoping my ILs are gifting us money for Christmas so I'd like to do a registry and then buy everything in January to finish the nursery/DS's room after the holidays and use the registry completion discount.
  • I’m also in the double stroller market for baby number 2 - If you’re getting one, which one are you planning to get? 
  • @SoFlaMommie1128 I am getting the double bob. My second runner up is he Mountain Buggy Duet
  • @SoFlaMommie1128 I got a Double City Mini GT. Now I just have to decide if I want to spring for the pram attachment as it isn't compatible with our car seat.
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • @SoFlaMommie1128 probably a Graco. No, definitely a Graco to go with our infant car seat. Idr the model number or name though, sorry.
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• @mdfarmchick I didn't, but my BFF's daughter's entire nursery came from PB. She's 6 now and everything is still in great shape (relative to a kid using it) and I think they're pretty flexible w/r/t discounts and returns/exchanges. I'm not 100% on that, though. But I know I had some duplicate purchases from my wedding registry at PB and they were super helpful with returns and exchanges, so I'd assume PB Kids was the same. 

• @ksmwalters thanks! I’ve had good luck with things I’ve bought from there before but I didn’t do a registry with my first. They have great customer service. 
  • Thank you @becausescience  @mdfarmchick
    @KASG

@becausescience we have the single City Mini GT now that we love. The double seems perfect! Really like the pran attachment, too. l know you only use it for a short time, but its so nice for tiny newborns. @mdfarmchick I love the versatility of the double bob for all kinds of terrain, though! 
  • I also remembered in the middle of the night to get breastmilk storage bags.  
    It’s those little things!
  • Oh and side note, since I stalked the weekend ticker change after our conversation the other day about how some of us don’t read the ticket changes that aren’t our own, when you are registering and you put all the pads and nipple cream, don’t forget these... which saved my life and my boobs more than once:
    https://www.amazon.com/Lansinoh-TheraPearl-Engorgement-Production-Breastpump/dp/B0070767DU/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1512973057&sr=8-2&keywords=breast+ice+pack