June 2018 Moms

TTGP Grad Check-In - 12/7

How far along are you?

How are you feeling physically/emotionally?

Any appointments this week/coming up soon?

R/R/Q:

GTKY: Are you an early-shopper (for holidays/birthdays/etc.), or are you a procrastinator?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: TTGP Grad Check-In - 12/7

• How far along are you? 11w5d

How are you feeling physically/emotionally? Feeling pretty good, MS is still kicking my butt sometimes.

Any appointments this week/coming up soon? First appt with a new OB/office on Monday!

R/R/Q: It's friggin' cold outside! And we're supposed to start getting show this week. :disappointed:

GTKY: Are you an early-shopper (for holidays/birthdays/etc.), or are you a procrastinator? I'm like a sad version of both? I tend to find everything really early, but don't actually buy the presents until we're close to the deadline... It's kind of sad.

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• How far along are you? 14+5

How are you feeling physically/emotionally? Emotionally, I'm almost 100% normal. I'm not crying much or getting frustrated more than usual -- unless I'm hungry, then all bets are off. Physically I'm also feeling pretty good aside from this super-dizzy-when-standing phenomenon. I'm not a tremendous fan of that, and it makes me feel like I can't do a lot. I also think I'm a week or two away from no longer being able to sleep on my stomach which is sad.

Any appointments this week/coming up soon? Nope, none until Jan 5 (anatomy scan). We fly to CA in a week, though! And we're there for 3 weeks!

R/R/Q: Just still so excited baby is a girl! It's so fun to not have to call her an "it" anymore lol. 

GTKY: Are you an early-shopper (for holidays/birthdays/etc.), or are you a procrastinator? mmm I'll buy early for like 1-2 people for the holidays, and then pat myself on the back and completely forget until the last minute that I didn't ever actually finish my shopping. For birthdays.... I basically do the same thing for each person every year, so that I have more under control. Except for DH, which is weird because our birthdays are both in July so it's sort of like Christmas all over again where we're getting each other gifts at the same time.
  • Loading the player...
  • @izza2 @doxiemoxie212 I feel like it's just the three of us hanging out!

How far along are you? *opens app* 12+3

How are you feeling physically/emotionally? Physically, getting headaches more, more gas pains and more nausea. Emotionally, the added symptoms are kind of a relief because for a long time I didn't feel pregnant at all so it was hard to get excited and then I felt like I was a bad person because I wan't excited. 

Any appointments this week/coming up soon? OB on Friday

R/R/Q: Rave-free breakfast from work this morning; rant-the breakfast burrito is making me want to vom. I want a donut. 

GTKY: Are you an early-shopper (for holidays/birthdays/etc.), or are you a procrastinator? I am a procrastinator in everything in life but I am a planner. So I will plan out what I'm going to do or buy but I will wait to actually do it or buy it until the last minute. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• How far along are you?
    15 wks today

How are you feeling physically/emotionally?
    emotionally, great. Physically, better. Real food sounds better. But I'm still slightly limited. Hoping that continues to improve. 

Any appointments this week/coming up soon?
    just a thyroid bloodwork check this wk. no apts till the 20th

R/R/Q:
    We started Christmas shopping today. Well, started DS. It just reminds me how much he'll be getting from inlaws... and makes me want to limit Santa gifts. But that makes me angry, he's my kid and iiiii want to buy him more. So I wish they would do ONE toy and that's it! So that's my rant for the moment.
    my rave is we both took off today and tomorrow. Which is awesome!

GTKY: Are you an early-shopper (for holidays/birthdays/etc.), or are you a procrastinator?
    every year I say I want to start early for Xmas, never happens. Birthdays, I sometimes buy early.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @catlady1215 - I feel your pain on the gifts from ILs. DSS's list for things he wants was pretty scarce, so we already have to get more stuff than he asked for, and my ILs are apparently buying him everything under the sun.
    And in the end, he always gets done opening presents and goes "that's it?" as if expecting more, so it does nothing but make him feel more entitled.

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2, at first I couldn't figure out if your typo (show instead of snow) was on purpose or not (as in your bump starting to show?). Lol. I hope your new OB is much better for you. I'm still surprised your old OB didn't know what an NT scan was. 

@doxiemoxie212, I'm jealous of your long trip to CA! Is YH going to be there the whole time too? Is he going to look for jobs while he's out there? 

@krashke, mmmm donuts! GL with your appointment tomorrow!

@catlady1215, that's frustrating about the present situation. But remember that soon there will be two for them to buy for, and as they get older, it will be harder for your in-laws to know what to get them, so you'll get your chance later!

How far along are you? 12 weeks

How are you feeling physically/emotionally? Getting better. I jinxed myself last week saying my nausea went away. Now it's just there if I wake up too early to pee and can't get back to sleep. I should snack to prevent it, but I'm always convinced that I'll just fall back asleep. 

Any appointments this week/coming up soon? Had my NT scan this afternoon! Everything looked perfect, and LO was wiggling around! This is a huge milestone for me, as **TW** my longest pregnancy before ended at 12w. **end TW** This appointment was done at a perinatologist's office, as my OB/GYN doesn't do them. I also talked with the perinatologist about my MTHFR mutations, so if anyone else is interested in that, let me know and I can go over her perspective on it. I have an appointment with my OB next Friday.

R/R/Q: I'm so relieved! Had a good weekend with my brother and sister and her fiance visiting from out of state. I'm hoping to tell my family the news next week, and DH's family the week after that since they will be visiting for Christmas. 

GTKY: DH forces me to be an early present shopper for Christmas. We try to get all the big gifts done on Black Friday, but he has to drag me out kicking and screaming practically. We just have stocking stuffers to get at this point. But for birthdays and other occasions, I'm the worst. I don't even think about getting presents most the time. My parents always discouraged me from getting them presents when we were little since I was just spending their money, but I never learned to think about it. Plus I don't really feel the need to celebrate my birthday at all, so I don't really get it when others make it such a big deal. I'm terrible. But at least I'm not one of those people who always asks what you want. My in-laws do that to me and it drives me up a wall. 1) I don't really want anything and 2) I feel weird demanding something specific.

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • @icecubeinthedesert I’m so glad to hear your scan went well! Yeah, DH is coming out but will work remotely most of the time. He’s been working with a recruiter since April, so we were hopeful some interviews would be possible while we’re in ca but alas, no one wants to do extra work over the holidays lol. Go figure. 
  • @icecubeinthedesert - Lmao. I didn't even see that! I've literally had so many typos the past week that it's getting to the point I'm wondering if I need to go back to elementary school. :lol: But yeah, I meant "snow". :tongue:
    So glad your scan went well!!

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 that sounds like our nephews list. He's getting older and slowly putting less and less 'toys' on it. So between his mom, dad and MIL.. there's not much left. 
    Luckily DS is only 5 and will take anything that is a dino or seacreature. But they buy so much that my house is insane!!

@icecubeinthedesert mil is going from just 2 boys to buy for to a little granddaughter also this year. My fingers are crossed that the added kid will make her cut back.. but doubt it lol.
    so glad to hear your scan went well!! I seriously could lay there all day and watch them wiggle. I wish they gave our videos of it (maybe some do? Not mine though)
  • Busy week for me so I haven't been around much.  15 weeks today.  I'm feeling better nausea wise, but don't know if I'm out of the woods yet.  I'm starting to show but still haven't told my office - - I'm trying to make it another two weeks and through reviews.  I'm hoping work starts calming down soon!
  • @travelingcouple love that! That'll be so fun for you guys.
  • @TravelingCouple jelly! None of our friends have kids :(
  • @doxiemoxie212 we were one of the first too in our group, but once the baby comes you can join mommy groups and you'll find a bunch of moms in your stages of life. My closest friends now are the ones I met right after DS was born from Mom groups in our area.
  • @TravelingCouple ugh, making new friends - my nightmare lol. I'm still a pretty young mom (I know, at nearly 30) for both areas we'd consider living/moving to. Most people don't seem to really have kids until late 30s in Manhattan or San Francisco. My only friend who has kids had a lot of success making friends in a mom group out in SF, but she said all the moms basically treat her like she's a teen mom, which she's fine with, but I think it'll drive me nuts lol. 
  • I hate making new friends. Its much easier on the internet lol 

But I am sort of looking forward to making friends through this whole mom thing. MH and I are hoping to meet some couples through our Bradley class. One of the instructors I emailed send out an email to me and a few other people who presumably also inquired about the class schedule for next year so of course I FB stalked everyone to see if they look cool lol
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @krashke oh man I am dreading someone wanting to make friends in any birth classes we might take, lol. I don't know why. It would be so nice to have mom friends.  :#
  • I don't like making new friends either, it's like dating and it's a lot of work. But I found that once I was thrown into motherhood, it was became easier to make friends with others in the exact same stage of life because you already have so much to talk about. There's no 'filling awkward silences' because, as a new mom, the topics are endless. Sleep, poop, breastfeeding/feeding, are they eating enough? sleeping enough? pooping enough? Is this normal? Did I do this wrong? The questions never stop coming :) 

I met moms through a local breastfeeding support group. I was connected to it through the lactation consultant I met in the hospital having DS. When you give birth, ask the hospital if they know of any local mom groups. That group was a literaly life saver to me..the LC ran it so I was able to get professional support with breastfeeding, while bonding with other mamas going through the same exact issues. @doxiemoxie212 I think you might be surprised at the age ranges once you try some groups out. I don't live in NYC but outside of it, and there's a wide range of ages around me too. Moms from early twenties to mid forties. I'm 30 and was 27 when I had DS. I'm probably one of the youngest in my group of friends but it's really never phased me and I hardly notice. Once you're in motherhood together, age really doesn't matter!