TTC after 35

TTCA35 Weekly Check In: 12/4/17

Re: TTCA35 Weekly Check In: 12/4/17

• @vlagrl29 my re said anything over 20 million is good. My husband has anythibg from 54 million and his best was 100million after wash. They wash the sperm and will get rid of the dead and non mobile ones. They then suck it up into a syringe qith a long catheter attached. Iui is similar to a pap you lay on a table with feet up they insert the speculum they pass the catheter thru your cervix into the uterus so they don't have to swim as fae and more of them are there for the egg. Other sperm have to travel thru the cervix then the uterus this bypasses the cervix so more of them can get to the egg.
  • That's amazing @Labluver2 - I find that very fascinating with the washing and what not.  Well I have everything crossed for you that this is your cycle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited December 2017
    WHY can’t I just Get AF already stressing about it again! I mean it’s like CD30 but DAYUM I can Feel it coming! I literally Cried this morning when we were talking about Black Mirror season 4 coming out because when it was my poor Odins(our golden) last days i just laid with him on the floor and binge viewed Black Mirror .. DAMN IT IM CRYING AGAIN!
  • @ndz2018 - it's crazy.  Right before my AF started this cycle I was watching a video on FB about a child with diabetes and teared up.  like wtf?
  • I cry at everything anyway lol pms or not. I'm super sensitive. TW my friend told me she was Def preg on her 3rd round iui on Saturday about an hour before my iui. I was in the waiting room and ended up in the bathroom crying. I'm happy for her and I know she wasn't rubbing it in just trying to give me hope but I lost it. END TW

• ugh sorry @labluver2 -  those are the worst!!
  • yep her epilepsy is idiopathic, no physical, metabolic or genetic cause.  Advised by genetics counselor at time of her diagnosis that her diagnosis would not impact future pregnancies.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • ndz2018 said:
    @misstut23 HEY! Great to have you here. I’m sorry you’re feeling nervous about the situation. It can be super overwhelming for sure. I hope You don’t mind me asking but have you and H had your Genetic screening done? It may make you feel more at ease. 
    @ndz2018 yep her epilepsy is idiopathic, no physical, metabolic or genetic cause.  Advised by genetics counselor at time of her diagnosis that her diagnosis would not impact future pregnancies.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Sorry your DD has that condition I'm sure it's scary @misstut23 but I'm glad it's not something genetic.
  • @vlagrl29 OMG that just made my day!! Love her!!! 
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited December 2017
    @Labluver2 I’m sorry they are the worst!! 
  • boxheadkidboxheadkid member
    edited December 2017
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment)tww...

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): three days to go, totally illogically convinced, yet again, that I'm ku'd but won't be disappointed if I'm not. (Yeah, right)

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Holding steady. Thinking about adding raspberry leaf and nettle tea next cycle. Also decided to call on cd1 and schedule a massage for a few days before ovulation next cycle as well. (I have that qi deficiency thing)

Rants/Raves
    : I have one of those SA resistant husband's! But I tell myself it's because he is just generally so much more relaxed about the process than I am. We agreed he would get it done in January

Questions for the group: 
    does anyone listen to or read Chris Kresser... ? Health research diet guy.. I just started don't know much yet

GTKY: What present are you hoping for this holiday?( besides the obvious lol) 
    i have historically been a bad gifter to my husband, but this year I think I'm knocking it out of the park!! Like I just keep finding things I know he'll love! So I'm hoping I'm right, that would be the best.

What are you thankful for this week? 
    see massage decision above, and holiday distraction.

*Edited due to over loling
  • GREAT! AF still not here! So the main reason I’m buggin is because we are planning on going to our shore house this weekend we’re in NJ and even though it’s winter weather we love going down there starting a fire, kicking back and relaxing the weekend away. They want me to order my IVF meds on CD1 and I guess I start on CD3. The pharmacy overnight delivers for free so I’m going to call them today bc if I get it tomorrow I’ll need them for Sunday and I want to make sure they deliver that far south, if not I suppose I can go to the pharmacy and pick them up tomorrow but it’s like 35 min away in the wrong direction we’d be traveling. I’m a total Overthinker and want my plan to fall into place  :/  One thing I am Happy about is there is a clinic about 20 min from our shore house that does morning monitoring on the weekends so WINNING in the aspect. Ok rant over. 
    Good morning ladies and hope everyone has a wonderful morning. 
  • @ndz2018 OMG I feel your pain! I have AF symptoms this weekend, then it's like they all disappeared. Finally, this morning some slight symptoms are coming back. I figured going to the IVF seminar last night would trigger her ugly face :neutral: We have med teach and genetic carrier bloodwork tomorrow. I figure they will hound me about ordering my meds too. Guess I haven't felt the rush being we won't start stims till the first week of January. I wish we could start this morning, but silly labs are closed the end of the month. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @ndz2018 i LOVE the beach in the winter. I'm in north Florida so it's not super cold, but the beach is usually deserted and extra windy and crisp. 

I really hope it works out with the pharmacy and timing
  • mdogan29mdogan29 member
    edited December 2017

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): TWW

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD19, this is our first cycle trying in almost a year.

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Did Femara for CD 3-7,  lots of supplements - fola pro, vitamin C & D, fish oil, iron, etc., acupuncture, OPKs, BBT temping, trying to eat semi-healthy, hasn't gone too well lately (since Thanksgiving)!

Rants/Raves: We have been waiting for months to start TTC and decided to have Thanksgiving at our place this year and my SIL and her kids brought the sickness with them! First my DS caught it and then each of us... so we've been sick almost 2 weeks now, all respiratory! So it's time to BD and we're exhausted and can hardly breathe! Thanks SIL! We haven't been sick since earlier this year! Ugh! Mother trucker!

Questions for the group: Does anyone ever smell smoke during ovulation? I think maybe I O'd yesterday sometime and kept smelling cigarette smoke at different places, even in our house and we don't smoke (hate it) and always try to avoid it!

GTKY: What present are you hoping for this holiday? (besides the obvious lol) Peace on Earth would be wonderful!! Umm... I don't know. I always want camera lenses, but they're so expensive, I'd never expect them! I put a telescope on my wish list, but have so few people shopping for us these days... We are going to Disney World in January to celebrate our 20th anniversary (we honeymooned there as kids in our early 20s!) and taking DS with us since he won't be 3 until March, he'll still be free, so I thought what a better time to go? We'd love to get a few gift cards to Disney to help pay for food or whatever else. :smile:

What are you thankful for this week? I was so thankful to see the 2 lines on the OPK strips, I wasn't even sure if I was ovulating! Thankful for my family (even if they get us sick *sigh*) and friends and this bump group here!! :smiley:

----
    ME: 40, DH: 44, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!! DS born 3/13/2015
  • GL @boxheadkid with the TWW - I don't even symptom spot anymore unless it's out of the norm for my cycles like the random spotting I had last cycle.

@ndz2018 @kristimh80 I can't imagine all the appts and what not you have to deal with for IVF
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited December 2017
    @boxheadkid UGH it’s a brutal 42 degrees here today and looks we may get our first snow shower this weekend!  I’ll be picking up firewood on the way down.. we have a wood burning stove so it warms the whole house.. like too hot we need to shut the heat off!

@mdogan29 20 YEARS?!?  That impressive!

@kristimh80 I actually looked at the calendar before and total is CD30, so maybe tomorrow.

@vlagrl29 yeah I’m not looking forward to having to be there at like 630 AM for morning monitoring then go to work... nothing like someone sticking a wand in your vag to start your day :D
  • mdogan29mdogan29 member
    edited December 2017

Sorry I missed a check in (or 2?), we had family come to our house for Thanksgiving - first time in our 20 year marriage! So we were busy (stressed) with that and then got really sick! I think we're finally starting to recover! Such bad timing for it all! I hope we're not out this cycle because of it.

@ndz2018 - Awesome news about the surgery! So happy for you! Where do you live? It's 42 today here too and chance of snow Friday or Saturday, I'm in NC. Yep, 20 crazy, som fun, some annoying, but mostly happy years! :)

@Momifbysea - Hope you feel better soon! We've been sick too! It sucks! And good luck for a natural go!

@vlagrl29 - I hope your #s come back good! My AMH was 0.4 when I tested at 36 and I have a very healthy almost 3 year old! Try not to worry about that too much!!! FX for you! 

@radiantfate - FX for you! I think we're close in our cycles.

@harleyquinn0621 - wishing you a quiet holiday season with your DH! Glad he is so supportive! :)

@misstut23 - sorry you're nervous! Hope all goes well with your planning and FX for you!

@Labluver2 - happy to hear iui went well! FX for you!

@boxheadkid - FX for you too! Looks like we're in about the same place in our cycle.

FX for everyone! I'm feeling especially excited about the holidays this year for some reason. I'll just ride that wave for as long as I can! Holiday cheer to you all! :)

----
    ME: 40, DH: 44, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!! DS born 3/13/2015
  • @mdogan29 I’m in NJ.. I was 60 something like 2 days ago! Then the temps just dropped. It was awesome walking the dog at 6am when it was like 29 degrees this morning.. said no one , ever!
  • @vlagrl29 Glad you are feeling better! Nothing worse than being sick and feeling like you need to entertain people. The IVF stuff isn't not too bad, yet. I volunteered to do that IVF Seminar last night. Honestly, was a waste of time. Mainly, because I've learned everything they taught on here already :)  I keep refusing to buy meds, I keep thinking there's a glimmer of hope for a miracle. I know I'm just being delusional, but until the witch shows! 

TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @mdogan29 did you say you are doing femara? Do you have any diagnosis with fertility? I'll be willing to try it in the earlier part of next year just so I know I've done my best.
  • @kristimh80 UGH I know the meds are super expense luckily my insurance covers them and I’m paying a total of $124... when she called with them price I was Like “Which one is $124?” She said “No that’s for the whole thing” JAW DROP! I was expecting it to be WAY more than that!!! 
  • @ndz2018 SO LUCKY! last thing I wante to do at Christmas is pay 5k lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kristimh80 OUCH! Yeah that’s painful right before Christmas! We just forked over 5200 for the PGS testing, cryopresevation and biopsy so I know the pain 
  • kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited December 2017
    @ndz2018 ugh don't remind me...I'll be doing that too!! LOL

I figure all we can do is make light of it all. We already said we would tell our kid that we spent ther college fund getting them here lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kristimh80 AHAHHHA True story
  • @ndz2018 - I can totally see that being true but what if you don't even have the money to save for their college because you are contributing to your own retirement? lol

My daughter took a photo of me and the puppy tonight - oh it was a really good photo and has totally made me realize this dog has become my baby replacement.
  • @vlagrl29 Trust me, if I didnt have this coverage we’d ge singing a very different tune! VERY DIFFERENT.. We’d have to ask my mom, take loans and probably borrow against my pension.... I am so grateful for this insurance.....And that dog is so your baby replacement, I know mine is! 
  • So it’s looking like I’ll have to start on BCP on CD3. I called my finance coordinator who said she is still waiting for the insurance to go
    through then called the insurance directly to see what’s up.. they told me that it’s still pending review and could take up to 15 DAYS :/ It’s only been 4 days. Well this sucks!
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited December 2017
    @ndz2018 - insurance is a PITA - when I really think about it we maybe could take a small loan out of the bank for a couple IUIs with a low interest rate.  For me I have a really hard time thinking about going into a ton of debt not knowing if it will be a guarantee.  At least when we save for hard wood floors one day they will get put in - horrible comparison I know.
    And of course if we didn't already have a kid I'd be more willing to do so.
  • @vlagrl29 Kinda love the comparison because its true, there are no guarantee with IUI or IVF. We’re just kinda hoping we are “that” couple. 
  • there's no guarantees in anything TTC related @ndz2018 - I do have high hopes for you :)
  • @ndz2018 Omg! I'm so very sorry :( What BC are you having to take? I will be on Desogen. I read reviews about how people gained weight on it and all the bad side effects. Wish we could skip thew BC mess! Prayers for your insurance to move things only quickly for you!!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @vlagrl29 Aww thanks! As do I for you, and honestly for all you ladies!

So I’m off the pick the BCP. If I get AF tomorrow I MAY call the insurance company back and see if I can speak to a higher up, just to see if maybe, just maybe they will have pity on me? We shall see!
  • @ndz2018 what shore do you have a house at? My uncle had a house in stone harbor and avalon. We visited quite a bit in the summer and Wildwood alit when I was little.

@vlagrl29 I've done femera and have done very well on it not many side effects except the hot flashes I get more from the gonal. Clomid thinned my lining so that's the only thing I would worry about. Femera may be cheaper for you since your paying OOP because it's not just used for fertility. Mine is 5 bucks for 10 pills the clomid was 75 for 5 pills. I'm with you at not going into debt over something that's not a guarantee.  We are paying cash and nothing is going on cc. We did decide just last week that if we aren't preg in a few months we will look into adoption. Its still pricy but I'm willing to take out a loan if I'm taking hone a baby.
  • @Labluver2 We’re a little further north near Mantoloking.
  • Well still no AF, maybe it’s good thing seeing how I wouldn’t be able to start anything till the ICSI is cleared. Last month My cycle was 8 days off. If it’s the same this month that puts AF on Dec 15/16thish. Today is CD31 last month I didnt get it till CD37! Which is weird and makes me a tad nervous that my cycle has been so unpredictable these last 2 months. Maybe the stress of the situation. I shouldve OPK tested this past month just to give me an idea of when it will come, I do have a whole box of CBE OPK tests that I feel like are going to go to waste.
    I did pick up the BCP last night just in case 
  • @ndz2018 Same here. I'm twirling my thumbs wondering where is AF? The one time we want it to come so we have some sort of schedule! lol But like you said, it maybe a blessing in disguise. :) 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019