November 2017 Moms

All Mamas Check In - 12/5

1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you?
2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?
3) For nursing moms, how are feedings going?  Baby reacting to any particular foods?
4) For formula-feeding moms, how are feedings going? Have you had to switch formulas at all?
5) How're you doing with the visitors?
6) Rants/raves/concerns?
7) Anything else you want to add/ask?

Re: All Mamas Check In - 12/5

• 1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you? 5 weeks
    Her one month appointment was last Thursday. She’s up almost 2lbs from her birth weight, and has grown a full inch! Jaundice is gone. My 4wk follow up with my midwife is tomorrow. I’m bummed, because just yesterday I received a letter from her that she is leaving the office. 

3) For nursing moms, how are feedings going?  Baby reacting to any particular foods?
    It’s going alright. We started introduction get a bottle, which she takes to, but then the feedings afterward are a bit more difficult.  I think she’s frustrated by the lack of immediate gratification on nursing after bottle feeding. My breasts feel a bit more tender this week; I hope it is not mastitis developing. 

4) For formula-feeding moms, how are feedings going? Have you had to switch formulas at all?

My mother finally picked the dates for her visit! 

6) Rants/raves/concerns?  
    We’ve hit the Witching Hour period. 7-10pm around here is rough! Turns out the thing that calms her down best is to power squat with her in my arms.  Gonna have the best buns of my whole life when I’m done with this! But I’m starting to feel like I need to wear ear protection. 

Has anyone hired a nanny before (or currently)? We started interviewing this week. If you have, what sort of questions did you ask?
  • 1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you?10 days pp

his 2 week check and circ are on Friday 

pumping can get tedious. Broccoli seems to make him gassy. Getting up to average 5 oz per pump and he’s eating 2.5-3 so slowly freezing a stash as well 

they finally left this morning and it’s our first solo day 

6) Rants/raves/concerns? 
    he’s just so cute I want to snuggle him all the time 

BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Loading the player...
  • 1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you? 3 weeks 1 day

last appt was a weight check. Had some trouble gaining weight at first because I was so engorged, but after that settled down we were back on track!

smooth sailing so far. DS feeds every 3 hours, and a bit longer during the night. DS does not respond well to salads at all! 

Haven't had too many since this is my second. Have lots of help from my parents and DH is on his second week of maternity leave.

6) Rants/raves/concerns? 
    my DD was really difficult her first year. My DS, however, is the complete opposite. I didn't know babies could be so chill. I was terrified to have a second because my first was so hard... allergies, never slept, reflux, feeding therapy! 

Re

• i am still pregnant, wah!  so ... pulling out the old questions.

For those Mama's still awaiting the arrival of their LO:
    1) How far along are you? 
    i am 40+5
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?  had my midwife appointment today to talk induction options - ugh!  am really hoping that the fella will arrive on his own, but he is in the 97th percentile of weight (which is so bizarre as neither me or my partner are large folk!?) so each day that he hangs out in there i'm getting more terrified of birth. 
    3) Cravings/symptoms?  nothing significant to mention.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?  today after not being ill except for a quick cold in first trimester i woke up with a sore throat, runny nose and have been sneezing all day.  WTF.  WTF.  WTF.
    5) Anything else you want to add/ask?  opinions on inductions for big babies?  wait it out?  induce now before he is too frigging large to get through?  my midwife is so chill that she is like "whatever you want to do works for us", but sometimes i just wish i had someone say:  THIS IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

• 1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you?
    2 weeks 5 days
    Last week we both had 2 week check ups. Everything went fine and he was gaining exactly an ounce a day like tbey said he should. 
    I'm doing formula at night and breastfeeding or pumping during the day. Something is giving him tummy issues but it's hard to know what when I'm doing both.
    No visitors except for my dad and sister the day we came home from the hospital and Thanksgiving day. I really wish somebody would come visit because I need adult interaction. 
    6) Rants/raves/concerns?
    It is really hard to keep up with the house and meals with a fussy baby and a restless 4 year old. 
  • @curiousfool1
    My 1st born had his witching hours around that time and I figured out after a long couple months that I had to have him bathed and ready for bed by the time it got dark out. That really helped!
    @whatwillanndo
    My friend got induced at 39 weeks because they said her baby was over 9 lbs. The baby ended up being 6 lb 15 oz. Your situation is a little different because you're past your due date but there really is no way to know for sure how big the baby is until s/he is born. If it was me I'd probably opt for induction at your point but that's just me.
  • 1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you? 4 weeks and a day! 
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? No appointments until the 19th for me! 
    3) For nursing moms, how are feedings going?  Baby reacting to any particular foods? Baby has trouble with dairy so that's been cut out for two weeks and it seems to be help a bit. He eats really well though! 
    6) Rants/raves/concerns?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you? two weeks one day
    Just had baby’s two week appointment yesterday. I was so worried she hadn’t gained back her birth weight, but she has so all is good!
    Feedings are continuing to go well, but lately we’ve been having trouble with what I think is a forceful letdown, so we’re working through that. I used the Haakaa manual pump (this thing is amazing) to relieve some of the oversupply before feeding baby and that seemed to work well.
    We haven’t had many. Another coworker really wants to come by and I’ll probably let her because we can always use the extra set of hands.
    6) Rants/raves/concerns? 
    last night was the first time she slept for longer than two hours in her bassinet! Mama and Daddy are feeling well rested today.
    5 weeks 5 days

my 6 week appointment is tomorriw, unsure how it will go, I've had bleeding up until a couple days ago. Hunter has been to the doctor 4 times now, one jaundice, 2 week, one month and an illness visit.

nursing is going well, he is growing and gaining weight. The initial latch is less painfully as he gets bigger. Started pumping twice a day after feedings and get 4-6 ounces so my stash is growing and DH has given bottles.  Unsure about foods. 

We hardly got any visitors. MIL has been over once. My parents have stopped by, my mom has come when I've asked her to help with him or DD or my parents have us over for a meal (they live 20 away). I think my old neighbor was the best, she brought food :)

6) Rants/raves/concerns?
    I am super annoyed that at Thanksgiving my SIL/BIL insisted that their son hold LO when they knew he was sick and had their 6 month old coughing all over LO.  Guess who got pick eye and now a cold.  Next day I hear "oh ha, he had a temp of 101 last night", then why the heck is he around everyone and touching everything?!?

• 1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you? 6 weeks 2 days -time is flying!
    baby had a weight check in Friday and is up to 9lbs 9 oz (gained 3 full lbs in just shy of 3 weeks)
    Feedings are continuing to go well, weight gain is awesome. Occasionally he seems fussy due to tummy troubles but I've read that's normal and only to be concerned if he has bloody diapers.
    We haven’t had many. i have a couple old coworkers that want to come by which I am looking forward to 
    6) Rants/raves/concerns? 

• @kdw89 I have a wipe warmer that I bought for my two year old. I haven’t gotten it out to use for LO but I loved it. Warmed the wipes up perfectly. The only issue is I’d frequently forget to keep the pad at the bottom wet. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    4 weeks today. 

nothing for another week. 

3) For nursing moms, how are feedings going? Baby reacting to any particular foods? Nursing is good except she wants to be attached to the breast 24/7. Had to pump and dump twice yesterday totaling 10oz! Dumping it down the drain was more difficult than I thought! I didn’t want to let it go!  

No visitors for a weeks and I love it after having family here for 3 weeks straight. 

6) Rants/raves/concerns?
    I hate how DH refers to LO’s nursing as “sucking on my boob.” It’s like he refers to it in a sexual way which is annoying and uncomfortable feeling. I finally told him this morning when I referenced her feeding as sucking on my boob, to stop saying that!! It’s called nursing!! 

not this week. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • sml1982sml1982 member
    edited December 2017
    1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you? Almost 4 weeks
    1 month appt Monday 12/11/17
    I'm pumping and feeding and I've noticed my milk supply is starting to decrease. I need to pump more often to build my supply back up. I noticed when she gets my breast milk she has more consistent and frequent bowel movements.
    I also supplement with formula and she seems to like her formula but of course prefers my breast milk.
    The visitor stage is pretty much over.
    6) Rants/raves/concerns? 
    I feel bad because lastnight I couldn't get my baby girl to sleep ...even after 4 oz of formula she was still fussy..Her dad picked her up and laid her in his arms and she went straight to sleep. Although I'm glad she finally went to sleep I feel sort of bad that I wasn't the one able to do it. I don't want to be jealous but I am and I feel like a bad mom.
    Baby had what I thought was the start of pink eye Monday. I read online that it could be a blocked tear duct and to put a little breast milk in her eye and massage the corners. By Wednesday the yellow crusty stuff was gone. I guess our breast milk does heal a'll things.
  • 1) How many days/weeks post-partum are you? 15 days
    had a well baby visit that went good on Tuesday. She gained half a pound.

Now we have an appointment today for her cold. I feel like a terrible mom. My parents came to stay with us last Friday. My dad said he was getting over a cold and takjng meds. He kept insisting on holding our LO and I finally caved. Now she is congested, has lots of mucus and hasn't slept more than 20 minutes at a time in the past 24 hours. And my parents are leaving today. I am pissed that I am exhausted, mad at myself for letting him hold her and sad to see her in discomfort. 
    just nursing a lot while she is sick
    other than family, haven't had many 
    6) Rants/raves/concerns? Just dealing with her being sick is hard 
    7) Anything else you want to add/ask? Nope
  • @sml1982 breastmilk can be used on pink eye as well. Full disclosure, I used it on my own eye the first week postpartum because I was getting/had pink eye.