August 2018 Moms

Weekend Randoms! (Dec 2-3)

2»

Re: Weekend Randoms! (Dec 2-3)

• @ecwk I hate when people do that. I wish people would just keep it to themselves and say “I knew it!” Later on. In my first pregnancy someone guessed in front of a whole bunch of people because I said I was tired. I couldn’t flat out lie, but I hasn’t told any of my family yet or anything. I was so upset and just cried and cried. I doubt she ever does that to anyone else....
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @lalala2004 that's the thing with me too, I don't feel comfortable flat out lying and saying "no I'm not" so I'm skirting around it and maybe making it all the more obvious. So now I'm dreading the party and the winks and glances. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Coffee isn’t super appetizing to me in the first tri this year but I still need it so I hold my nose and drink! Lol. I do half caff but I make a cup of full caff for the morning and decaf for the afternoon. I like the routine of my second cup but I really need the full caffeine jolt in the morning. During my third preg i dragged doing it 1/2 caff for both

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Eurgh I hate how anxious I am feeling about it all. I was like this first time around too and I didn't think the feeling would be so intense this time around. I need to learn how to just relax. I had my first blood draw and it was fine, I just am paranoid it's too low and then of course I can't stop thinking about my draw tomorrow. I had forgotten how many stages/milestones there are to consider and the usually chill person I am has been replaced by a frenzied googling, nervous Nelly! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk
    I'm in the same boat! My first appt seems so far away, and I can't stop obsessing about everything constantly. It is out of character for me.
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk @derbysquirrel same, same. I worried with my son but not like I am now. Not sure if it is because I stayed in a Facebook group that moved off TB after we had our kids in 2014 and I've seen close friends go through struggles with subsequent pregnancies, or what. I also can't get a FRER to turn obviously positive but I've gotten several positives on cheapies. What is wrong with me?! 
  • @ecwk I was a nervous wreck throughout my entire last pregnancy. I don't have much advice for how to cope with it (personally, buying an at home doppler helped reassure me frequently), though I can provide solidarity! It can definitely drive you crazy. I don't know if I just have my defenses up or what, but I currently am not super anxious about this pregnancy, though I also oddly don't feel very attached to it yet either.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was nervous my whole first pregnancy too. I don’t feel nervous this time, bit I think I just feel too sick to be nervous right now. I can’t even drink coffee. It makes me gag. Everything makes me gag. 
  • @derbysquirrel @Firemanswife11 @TeacherMom2517 @amac12999 Thanks ladies. Although I don't like that you're experiencing or have experienced worry/anxiety, it is nice to know I am not alone. I am obsessing over my draw tomorrow and I will feel sick until I actually hear those numbers. Hopefully we all get some peace of mind sooner rather than later and @amac12999 I really hope the m/s subsides really soon! 

@Firemanswife11 are you getting at least a squinter on the FRER? I wouldn't worry since you have having BFPs on that and other brands! 

@TeacherMom2517 Do you have a doppler that you would recommend? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk there's something there. If I hadn't had positives on other tests, I'd call it negative, though. I did take a Walmart cheapie just a bit ago and it showed darker than yesterday, so some relief. So scared of a CP since I found out SO early. 

• Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• @ecwk  I have this one and love it. It took me a little while at first with DS to find baby's heartbeat and know the difference between his and mine, but once I got the hang of it, it became second nature.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk sending you good vibes on your blood draw!

• Thanks @msmonalisavito :kissing: my doc wants me to take it around he same time as I did yesterday so that means six am tomorrow AND that I have to bring DS with me because DH is out of town. Hope it's not a shit show! Haha 

Thanks @TeacherMom2517 and @princesslockness I avoided them last time for fear of freaking myself out but looks like I'm already firmly in Panicville so I think I may invest in one!!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Because of how quickly babies grow, and because I am unsure of what products I will actually need/use regularly, my goal is to not buy anything 'new' for the baby. I'm hoping to find everything on craigslist, in thrift shops, or handmade. My intention is to use cloth diapers and wipes, so hopefully I will be able to have a fairly "green" baby. I see so many basically new/unused items for resale that I am sure I can stock up over the next 8 month. The only exception may be an infant car seat. Has anyone else gone this route? Are there any other items that should be bought new?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @derbysquirrel I definitely think it is possible!! The car seat I would purchase new but most
    other things you can find second hand. I'd personally want things like crib sheets and towels new but that's just me. You'll need to buy things like diaper cream, soap, first aid kit, nail clippers, nose Frieda (if you want it), filters for humidifier (if you get one) but I think most things you can get in good/great condition on yard sale sites! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @derbysquirrel this!!! I am hoping to go mostly the same route, though I'm not sure about diapering yet. What do you think about a carseat though? Are they ok to buy secondhand? Other than those things, I am down with a secondhand baby. 
    I'm also trying to get the least amount of things possible. I live in a small space and hardly have the room for our current stuff, let alone the huge amount of 'must haves' for a baby! 
    These are my goals at 4 weeks lol, we'll see how it pans out...but I'm with you on theory! 
  • Second hand is great, ...haha the Nose Frida was what came to my mind too. Can't imagine using that second hand. That was great to have with my first!  And the car seat for sure. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  •  @derbysquirrel I personally wouldn’t buy a used crib or crib mattress unless I knew where it came from or how old it was. I got a lot of hand-me-downs for DS. Furniture was our biggest expense, but we went with IKEA, so pretty reasonable.
    *Siggy Warning*

• Ikea is awesome. We got our crib there for about $100! Not that DS has ever slept in it much...

@morgantu I wouldn't use a second hand car seat unless you really know and trust the person it is coming from. The problem with buying unknown is you don't know what sort of treatment it has gotten or whether or not it has been in an accident. You can get basic ones fairly inexpensively, I think it's worth the price tag for peace of mind! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk same! I’m glad we didn’t spend 300+ on a glorified play pen :lol: They sell one at Buy Buy Baby for $6,000. Umm, save that for their first used car or something!
    *Siggy Warning*

• @derbysquirrel Yes! We are almost 2 years into cloth diapering my son and love it. We registered for them, so got a bunch as gifts. That was really helpful to start a stash if you plan to have a shower/gifts. We also picked up small lots of diapers and wet bags off local groups. We’ll probably start a cloth diaper thread at some point. 
    we got two things new: car seat and a rocker/recliner. Everything else is handme down or consignment. We only did the recliner because I had a million coupons and gift cards to BRU and we got it at an after holiday half-off sale, so paid nearly nothing for it. But we really didn’t have to. 
    You will need small thing so like nose Frieda and diaper cream. Also socks are hard to come by used. Lol! 
    I keep an eye out on local moms groups for a sale of a bag of clothes. Usually it’s a shopping bag full for $20. I already have 4t clothes even though my son isn’t 2 yet! Plus I let friends with older kids know that we’re happy happy to take stuff. People love an easy way to clear out baby and toddler stuff as their kids get older.
  • @lalala2004 wow :open_mouth: I wonder if it has magical power and makes baby STTN... then I'd get it :lol: 

i definitely am thinking of buying a dock a tot this time though, I hear amazing things about them! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh, I also cloth diaper, @derbysquirrel we will definitely have to have a thread on that. I wish I had bought more of those used, but there was a specific brand I really wanted. We do use disposables at night and for long car trips, and use disposable wipes, but it’s still saved a lot of money and waste.

I actually bought a bunch of cloth menstrual pads right before I got my BFP, so I guess I’ll have those ready for after the birth :lol:
    *Siggy Warning*

• @derbysquirrel also pacifiers and teethers you will need new. And if you plan to pump then you'll need that but hopefully your insurance will
    cover it!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lalala2004
    I bought those for my mom for Mother's Day this year... for pee. =) My mom has offered me my old cradle and crib, which I'm going to take her up on. They are 32 years old, but well maintained, and heirlooms at this point!

@ecwk
    I am hoping to not use a pacifier at all, but there is a good chance I'll change my mind on that once reality sets in.

@westphilly
    I see so many cloth diapers for resale at pennies on the dollar! If the leaking and diaper rash isn't too terrible I'd love to go that route. A cloth diaper thread would be helpful, since it's a topic I don't know nearly enough about.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @morgantu I definitely skimmed through so someone may have said this but if you know someone giving away a car seat and trust they can verify there were no wrecks in it, and its not expired, I say use it! We gave my brother a carseat that we never used but was a year old. We had a bunch of extras from hand me downs plus our hospital GAVE you a carseat when you left! So maybe check and see if your hospital does that I dunno how common it is.

My son was awake at 6:00. SIX OCLOCK GUYS. I'm supposed to have at least 40 minutes more of me time. And he didn't fall asleep til 8:30-9. So good times for me today...
  • @smashjam ugh I feel you on the early wake times.  For the last week, my kids have been getting up anywhere from 5-530.  WTAF?!?

Ill keep this in mind when they are teenagers and like to sleep in.

• Never thought I would would consider sleeping past 6:30am a lie in :disappointed:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @derbysquirrel is it a drop side crib? Those have some safety concerns. I would just look into the new safety standards and make sure it complies.

@ecwk @msmonalisavito @smashjam I consider sleeping past 5:30 sleeping in, although that’s partially by choice (I get up early to teach kids in China English) but my son has adapted to that, so even if I wanted to take a day off and sleep in, he doesn’t cooperate. So I figure I might as well make some money if I’m going to wake up early every day.
    *Siggy Warning*

• @lalala2004 i get up at 5 and considered doing the kids in china english thing but it looks like i would have to teach a LOT to make any amount of money, and I woudl be giving up all my me time to do it, like all my early mornings and later nights. Is it worth it? The range of pay per hour is big so if I made on the low end it wouldn't be worth it at all i don't think, but maybe if it was likely to be on the higher end it would be?
  • @lalala2004 I get up during the week at 530 for work but one day at the weekend DH will usually let me sleep until 8. It is glorious. Do you teach with VIPKID? I have been looking into that a little bit because I would like to stay home eventually but still maybe work a bit on the side. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • SmashJam said:
    @lalala2004 i get up at 5 and considered doing the kids in china english thing but it looks like i would have to teach a LOT to make any amount of money, and I woudl be giving up all my me time to do it, like all my early mornings and later nights. Is it worth it? The range of pay per hour is big so if I made on the low end it wouldn't be worth it at all i don't think, but maybe if it was likely to be on the higher end it would be?
    The base pay rate isn’t high, but once you teach 30 and then 45 classes a month it goes up. It ends up being around 20/hr for me, which is more than my sub pay. Since you are a certified teacher (right?) you’d likely be in the high range.
    *Siggy Warning*

• I have to call the Doctor's office later on this afternoon to get my blood draw result she and I have had such butterflies all day aaaaargh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk Good Luck!!!!!!

Guise, FML. I applied to be an assistant softball coach at my district's High School after gettting my BFN Thanksgiving morning. Then this wonderful surprise happened, and I forgot all about potential of softball. This morning the Head coach asked me to take on JV by myself. Like it would be me and maybe a parent volunteer at the games, but we would practice with the Var. 90% of the time. 
    I'm so happy that he thinks I'm ready for that, but F**k I don't know if I can handle that with 2 littles and being pregnant. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Because of how quickly babies grow, and because I am unsure of what products I will actually need/use regularly, my goal is to not buy anything 'new' for the baby. I'm hoping to find everything on craigslist, in thrift shops, or handmade. My intention is to use cloth diapers and wipes, so hopefully I will be able to have a fairly "green" baby. I see so many basically new/unused items for resale that I am sure I can stock up over the next 8 month. The only exception may be an infant car seat. Has anyone else gone this route? Are there any other items that should be bought new?
    I did this! It saved me so much $! We bought her bedroom set (dresser with mirror and changing table topper thing and crib) swing I got brand new off craigslist for $50, exosauser $35, walker $15. All the little stuff we bought with a coupon or discount. Babies r us sends out $5 off your purchase if you get on there mailing list so I got one thing each time I would get the coupons. We did wait until after the baby shower to buy most of the new stuff. It was crazy how many returns and exchanges I had to do even though I was registered and only registered for stuff I actually needed. Stroller/car seat and pack and play where given as baby shower gifts.