August 2018 Moms

What My Pregnant Self is Eating Thursday

I wanted to start this thread because a fun fact about me is I love food. Love to cook, love to look up recipes, love to try new recipes, love to try new food, etc. I'm a very adventurous eater. So I'm just looking for an excuse to talk about food :-P 

What are you eating/craving/cooking today/tonight/this weekend?

I have ambitions this weekend of making a homemade gingerbread house over the weekend. The New York Times food section just had a big how-to on the topic. The videos make it seems so easy! 

This morning was boring: an egg and grapefruit. 

I don't have any cravings (yet) but I remember last time I became obsessed with citrus sometime in the middle of it all. Then again, grapefruit has been tasting REALLY good lately! 
Me: 38; DH: 41
DS: Born 5-17-16 

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating Thursday

• I had egg, bacon, and cheese on an English muffin this morning. It was tasty, but I’m hungry again, already... I guess I need second breakfast.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I like this topic! I don't feel any specific food related pregnancy symptoms yet (or many symptoms at all, for that matter), but i do love to eat! This morning i had eggs w/ hot sauce and for lunch I will have leftover Thai noodle soup.
    I'm home from work today; we are having our hvac system cleaned, and this afternoon I'm going to make some buffalo chickpea veggie burgers and prep a croc pot wild rice and mushroom soup for tomorrow. 
    I've been a vegetarian for 15 years and plan to stay so during pregnancy... any other veggies? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Last pregnancy, I was ALL about hot sauce, Mexican food, and Lucky Charms.

I’m trying to watch what I eat better this time, but I could definitely go for a homemade quesadilla with lots of hot salsa for lunch today.
  • I'm also hoping to be much better about what I eat this time around (hoping not gain 50 lbs again!!), so I've just had oatmeal and coffee so far today.  Lunch is quinoa and an apple with peanut butter.
  • @juliebird6 I gained 50 last time too. I’m definitely trying to keep it more in check this time.
  • @vinerie I love the food threads and all things food so thank you for starting this! I crave citrus fruits too and they are the best in the winter so we are in luck! 

My starting weight is higher than anticipated so as much as I want bust out my stand mixer and make Christmas cookies it's going to be a chicken and brown rice soup day for me. I make my own chicken stock from rotesserie chicken and shred the meat in the soup so it's extra delicious.
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My stomach was a little squirrely this morning, so I just had a couple of plain Eggos. I've been eating a lot of green salad, and Thai/Indian food this week, but depending on how symptoms go, I may not be able to do that for long. 

Sunday my 10 year old niece is coming over to bake and decorate gingerbread men, but I should probably work out something else to feed her for lunch =)
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • lalala2004lalala2004 member
    edited December 2017
    Second breakfast I ended up making a pumpkin vanilla Shakeology, so I feel alright about that. For lunch I’m eating turkey chili. So 2 1/2 days of clean eating down, like 250 to go? :lol:
    *Siggy Warning*

• I know it's not the healthiest but I can't get enough of Uncrustables right now.  They are so freaking delicious!

• Chips and Salsa has been my thing this week. I have had to have a bowl (or 3) every night. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• No cravings and no sickness, but nothing sounds good. Well, nothing healthy anyway. Since I started TTGP I have been trying to maintain a reasonable carb diet. I say reasonable because it's not really low carb, but is compared to what I used to eat. I had GD with my first and my fasting sugars have been high my past couple checks. So I mainly trying to stay lower than what was recommended last pregnancy. However while i'm not feeling sick nothing is sounding good to me, except carbs. I did almost throw up a RXbar yesterday. I started with that nausea early both of my last two pregnancy and with my first it stayed until 20wks, heres hoping that is different this time. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• legallykatelegallykate member
    edited December 2017
    My breakfast and lunch were boring (Jimmy Dean D'Lights Frittatas for breakfast and this broccoli cheese chicken casserole I made on Sunday for the week for lunch) but DH is slow cooking chili today so I get to have that tonight and can't wait, it is all of a sudden super cold here so it will hit the spot!

* words
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @kindbytealikat I’ve never understood that while pregnant women need plenty of protein, we crave all the carbs! I feel like evolution failed on that one.
    *Siggy Warning*

• Aversions are kicking in big time and food is repulsive. That is all.  :D 
    Just hoping to think of something that sounds ok for dinner. 
  • I've been lucky not to have any food aversions or nausea yet. I've given up sugar (allowing fruit, but no dried fruit or juice) and I think that might be helping with it. I'm also trying to increase my vegetable and fruit intake and eat more whole grains. 

Every morning I have an egg, turkey bacon and cheese breakfast sandwich on whole wheat. I also just bought ingredients for banana, kale, almond smoothies, but haven't tried it out yet.

For lunches, I bought several pre-made salads from Trader Joe's, but I'm going to try to replicate the their country italian salad myself for future lunches.
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• morgantu said:
    I like this topic! I don't feel any specific food related pregnancy symptoms yet (or many symptoms at all, for that matter), but i do love to eat! This morning i had eggs w/ hot sauce and for lunch I will have leftover Thai noodle soup.
    I'm home from work today; we are having our hvac system cleaned, and this afternoon I'm going to make some buffalo chickpea veggie burgers and prep a croc pot wild rice and mushroom soup for tomorrow. 
    I've been a vegetarian for 15 years and plan to stay so during pregnancy... any other veggies? 
    Not a veggie per se, but really trying to cut down on our meat consumption. Current goal is vegetarian dinners twice a week, and fish dinners twice a week. I'd love more ideas on yummy veggie dinners! We do a lot of tofu curries and stir frys. 

• brzvice said:
    @vinerie I love the food threads and all things food so thank you for starting this! I crave citrus fruits too and they are the best in the winter so we are in luck! 

My starting weight is higher than anticipated so as much as I want bust out my stand mixer and make Christmas cookies it's going to be a chicken and brown rice soup day for me. I make my own chicken stock from rotesserie chicken and shred the meat in the soup so it's extra delicious.
    Homemade stock...once I started making it, I was like 
    \

• All the aversions right now! Everything bagels with a ton of cream cheese and baby carrots are all I can seem to stomach the last couple days
  • vinerie said:
    Not a veggie per se, but really trying to cut down on our meat consumption. Current goal is vegetarian dinners twice a week, and fish dinners twice a week. I'd love more ideas on yummy veggie dinners! We do a lot of tofu curries and stir frys. 
    @vinerie what are you into? There are a ton of east swaps to make if you're looking for more veggie meals. My hubs is not veg but cooks exclusively veg at home because he just makes swaps. Last night we had burrito bowls made with Tempeh instead of meat. Last week we did a Portobello mushroom 'pot roast' that was amazing! Pinterest is definitely my friend! Also look into jackfruit! We do bbq jackfruit all the time with Cole slaw! 
  • morgantu said:
    vinerie said:
    @vinerie what are you into? There are a ton of east swaps to make if you're looking for more veggie meals. My hubs is not veg but cooks exclusively veg at home because he just makes swaps. Last night we had burrito bowls made with Tempeh instead of meat. Last week we did a Portobello mushroom 'pot roast' that was amazing! Pinterest is definitely my friend! Also look into jackfruit! We do bbq jackfruit all the time with Cole slaw! 
    I'm really adventurous when it comes to eating, so I'll try anything. My biggest thing is trying not to load up on carbs in place of meat (i.e. pasta, rice, etc.) I mean, we will eat pasta and rice, but I don't want to eat mounds of it in the name of eating less meat, if that makes any sense. 

• ^^^ I’m mostly vegetarian. I maybe eat meat once every couple of weeks. Usually fish. All I want right now is bagels with cream cheese and eggs. I’ve been eating oatmeal for breakfast and Lara bar as t a snack. I can also stomach Greek yogurt. But I don’t want veggies at all. I usually eat a salad for lunch but I can’t stomach the idea of a salad right now. It’s very frustrating. 
  • @amac12999 I can't do veggies either. I had this antioxidant, hummus tomato soup I made last week to eat through the week and the smell of it was to much. And just the thought of roasted veggies is turning my stomach. I hope that ends soon I need my greens. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Lots of healthy ladies on here! 
    @amac12999 and @kindbytealikat I usually have a salad everyday and I can’t even think about veggies right now. 

Thinking about Wendy’s for lunch!!!! I could go for some salty, greasy fries
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • @shri929 and @kindbytealikat I’m so glad I’m not alone. My first pregnancy was like this too and I think it got better in the 2nd tri and by the 3rd tri I was back to my salads.
  • Last night DH wanted to order pizza, and I convinced him to order BBQ instead so I could have a little less carbs. I’m proud of myself and the BBQ was delicious.
    *Siggy Warning*

• DH just went to pick up a stuffed baked potato for me! Hopefully I can eat it when it gets here! 
  • This morning I made a banana, kale, almond butter smoothie. It was yummy and I feel like it gave me a bunch of extra energy. Definitely going to be making more of those for breakfast. 
    *TW in Spoiler*BabyFetus Ticker

Me 39 - DH 41

Married 8/26/07

TTGP #1 Jan '15 - 

BFP 9/11/15 - DS born 5/31/16

TTGP #2 July '17 -

CP July '17

Blighted Ovum MC Dec '17

CP June '18

BFP 1/30/19 - EDD 10/13/19

• I am finding it difficult from last few days to maintain healthy and proper eating because i feel nauseous and sleepy all day. How are you guys managing? Suggestions pls
  • bay129 said:
    I am finding it difficult from last few days to maintain healthy and proper eating because i feel nauseous and sleepy all day. How are you guys managing? Suggestions pls
    I’m not. I’m eating so unhealthy and it’s making me sad but all the healthy foods I usually eat are making me gag. I was the same last pregnancy and it got so much better the second trimester, so I’m just trying to get through these first rough weeks. 
  • amac12999 said:
    bay129 said:
    I am finding it difficult from last few days to maintain healthy and proper eating because i feel nauseous and sleepy all day. How are you guys managing? Suggestions pls
    I’m not. I’m eating so unhealthy and it’s making me sad but all the healthy foods I usually eat are making me gag. I was the same last pregnancy and it got so much better the second trimester, so I’m just trying to get through these first rough weeks. 
    Thanks for reply. I am also hoping it to get better.