August 2018 Moms

TTGP Grad Thread Week of 12/7

SmashJamSmashJam member
edited December 2017 in August 2018 Moms
Hey all! This is a thread for those who were on the TTGP board prior to conceiving. Nice to see everyone here!

How far along are you?

How are you feeling?

Any recent/upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves?

Questions? 

GTKY(stolen from July): What is one gift you’d love to have this year under the tree with your name on it?

Re: TTGP Grad Thread Week of 12/7

• How far along are you? 7 weeks!

How are you feeling? Gross. Throwing up, nauseous all the time, hit with a tired stick, smells make me ill. Woohoo, first tri! And I still have so far to go in the first tri, plus I was ill all the way to 18 weeks last time, so no close end in sight for me! 

Any recent/upcoming appointments? Today, just with the birth center, it'll be short. Not much happening today. 12/28 with the hospital midwives, it'll be a 2 hour appt. 

Rants/Raves? Potty training is my life right now, and everyone was like, CANDY BRIBES DO IT. And in my head I was like, no, he's fine going to the potty I don't even have to prompt. Enter, wearing actual underwear. Now I see why candy bribes or bribes in general work...he will gladly go in his underwear without even thinking about it. I went through all our underwear yesterday! Gonna have to get more of that, lol. 

Questions? 

GTKY: What is one gift you’d love to have this year under the tree with your name on it? A bookstore gift certificate. Or a foot massage package from this local spa...its an hour long foot massage. Oh man that would be so great. 
  • @smashjam I hope you aren’t sick that long! Good luck with the potty training. I’m not sure if we’ll do that before the new baby is here or not. I have my doubts.

How far along are you? 4 weeks tomorrow 

How are you feeling? Pretty good, just hungry and thirsty.

Any recent/upcoming appointments? My first appointment is 1/2. They actually wanted to make it sooner (they think I’m farther along based on LMP) so I pushed it out to be sure we have a chance at seeing something on the sono.

Rants/Raves? Having a hard time not spilling the beans.

Questions? Not today 

GTKY(stolen from July): What is one gift you’d love to have this year under the tree with your name on it? I already know I’m getting what I want :lol: But DH is getting me a new record player, so I’m excited about that.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @SmashJam I feel you I was sick up to twenty weeks with my first. So for potty training we did naked and then pants with no undies then added undies. We still have struggles but going from naked straight to undies didn’t work. Neither did bribes, maybe I didn’t find the right bribing item though.

@lalala2004  I record player sounds cool!

How far along are you? 4wks

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Hungry, thirsty and been getting dizzy at the gym. Oh I have been having some crazy back pain though. 

Any recent/upcoming appointments? I’ll call later today.

Rants/Raves? Rant-Pregnancy insomnia already. This has been the case with all three of my pregnancies. As soon as hormones start to change my ability to sleep goes out the window. Hoping like with my first it ends by 2nd tri, until it’s back at 3rd lol. Rave-Just happy to be here.

Questions? Naw

GTKY(stolen from July): What is one gift you’d love to have this year under the tree with your name on it?
    I’m pretty sure I know what I’m getting, a new keurig since mine died, and I know DH is tired of hearing me complain.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• How far along are you? 5w3d

How are you feeling? Not bad. 

Any recent/upcoming appointments? Not until after Christmas

Rants/Raves? Not pregnancy related: My H is worthless and a detriment to my life some days. I needed to be at work by 7am. So I get up, shower, dressed, kids changed+dressed, and breakfast ready by 6:30. He is still in his underwear. 

Questions? Nope

GTKY(stolen from July): What is one gift you’d love to have this year under the tree with your name on it? I'm not sure exactly what its called, but an external hard drive that doesn't need its own power source. Like it just plugs into the computer and thats the only cord. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• @SmashJam I am so sorry about Potty training. I gave up this summer, and am entirely too content to let DayCare handle it. 

@lalala2004 Are you able to find many records these days? or I am thinking the wrong kind of record?

• @princesslockness oh yeah, tons of artists put their albums on vinyl, now. And I have a lot of used records as well. I have over 200 albums and a few 45s as well.
    *Siggy Warning*

• I only participated in the TTGP board for about 2 months, so I hope it's okay if I chime in here!  If not, no biggie, someone just PM me and I won't participate.

How far along are you? 4w1d

How are you feeling? Not bad so far but it's still soo early.  I don't think I even knew I was pregnant this early with my first.

Any recent/upcoming appointments? No appointments until 1/5.  Seems so far away!

Rants/Raves?  My first appointment is 1/5, and that's just the general intake appointment (which I can't believe I even have to do, since I just had a baby less than a year ago).  My first appointment with my doctor isn't until 1/30 - I'll be almost 12 weeks at that point!  That seems crazy to me.  How am I ever going to wait 12 weeks to hear a heartbeat?!

Questions? I got nothing.

GTKY(stolen from July): What is one gift you’d love to have this year under the tree with your name on it?  DH and I just bought ourselves a new bed, so I guess I already got what I wanted!  We aren't exchanging gifts because the bed was so expensive, so I'm just happy to know we have a bigger more comfortable bed now!  Also, RAVE, we got an adjustable one so I can elevate my upper body if I get heartburn again.  I had HORRIBLE heartburn during my first pregnancy, so I'm glad to know I have this option if I get it again this time.
  • @juliebird6 I am pretty sure its ok you participate...I was only active two months on TTGP and didn't post in the grad thread there, but I participate here! Unless everyone in July has just been DYING to tell me to go away and can't find the heart to do it. :smile:

@kindbytealikat interesting idea....he is having a real hard time with underwear and pulling them down in time. I'll have to try it!

@princesslockness if only I had day care to help! I'm stuck with myself.
  • So glad to be joining you ladies here! Nice to have some familiar “faces” around!

@SmashJam ugh, I’m sorry you’re feeling gross. I hope you start to feel better soon, first tri can be the pits. Ugh, we struggled with potty training for a bit. M&Ms for pee and lollipops for poop worked for us. I had DS in nothing at all for a few days before we started putting him in underwear. Good luck! 

@lalala2004 awww I can’t wait for a sono! Have you told anyone at all yet? I have that beef and beer tomorrow so my coworkers are all going to notice me not drinking. 

@kindbytealikat ugh, sorry about the insomnia. Mine kicked in during second tri last time. Hopefully you manage to get some naps in!

@princesslockness bahaha sounds like my H most days. 

@juliebird6 ugh, I am so jealous of your adjustable bed!! I had heartburn with DS too, it was the worst!

How far along are you? 3 weeks 6 days or 4 weeks depending on if I use O day or LMP

How are you feeling? Shocked. I really thought I was out. I’ve only had cramps, which I thought were AF coming on. I’m pretty hungry, but I can’t say that’s completely abnormal for me. 

Any recent/upcoming appointments? I think I’m going to call tomorrow.

Rants/Raves? I finally made it back to the gym yesterday! Hoping I can stay active this time around, I was a lazy blob with DS. 

Questions? Nope.

GTKY(stolen from July): What is one gift you’d love to have this year under the tree with your name on it? An instant pot and a spiralizer.

• @mrs_drc_rn I haven’t told anyone other than DH and DS (who has no idea what is happening) and all my internet peeps. Hoping I can keep my mouth shut until Christmas!
    *Siggy Warning*

• Hi Ladies! So happy to see so many new momma's! 

How far along are you? 4w3d

How are you feeling? Pretty good, headaches daily and sore boobs, but otherwise great! 

Any recent/upcoming appointments? January 15th is my first appointment.

Rants/Raves? Rave, this is my last week of work before I'm off the rest of the year!! Christmas shopping is just about done, only a few more small things to get. I can then spend the rest of my time off immersing myself in all things baby! 

Questions? Nope

GTKY(stolen from July): What is one gift you’d love to have this year under the tree with your name on it? A new washer and dryer, especially now that there is a baby on the way! 
  • How far along are you? 4w6d

How are you feeling? Pretty good this week, I had cramps the last two weeks but they have really lessened. My boobs are still pretty sore, but other than that no major symptoms lately. Not nauseous yet and hoping that doesn't come until 7 weeks (when I get back from Hawaii). 

Any recent/upcoming appointments? Had blood drawn on Thursday and am officially pregnant and had good progesterone levels.Have my first u/s on 12/28 and should be able to detect the heartbeat then!

Rants/Raves? I have had to shift into pregnancy meal planning mode as opposed to my usual "diet" mode, which has been weirdly hard. I guess I have never just focused on health as opposed to losing weight/etc. But I assume it will get easier as I get used to it. Also this is probably me being a special snowflake but I am kind of hurt at how one of my best friends has reacted (or not reacted) to my pregnancy news. I told my close group of college friends and most have been really excited and supportive, but my closest friend (she was MOH at my wedding) has seemed completely disinterested. She has three kids of her own and has been excited about other friends' pregnancies so I am really at a loss. 

Questions? Not right now!

GTKY (stolen from July): What is one gift you’d love to have this year under the tree with your name on it? I really need a new purse but DH just bought me a really nice new coat (I needed one) that was an early present for this year so I think the purse will have to wait. 

I'll return for tags!
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @legallykate your "return for tags" reminded me of this....I have noticed this on July and August boards, that it seems P&G is totally normal. Like, in the PGAL thread tagging isn't common, at least not like on TTGP, where you commented and offered support to practically everyone in some form when you posted. Anyone else notice that? 
  • Agree with @lalala2004 - I don't always have something to say to everyone, but I do try to comment and offer support when I have something relevant to add.
  • I wasn't necessarily saying it was a BAD thing, just noticing! I didn't realize that it wasn't always like that! I started trying to get better after people started apologizing for P&G ing because I was like, shoot I totally do that! lol. 
  • @SmashJam I did notice that as well. I was panicking when I saw how long some of the threads were and I’m like “shit, I don’t have time to respond to all these people” but I noticed most people don’t. Not like on TTGP.
  • SmashJam said:
    @legallykate your "return for tags" reminded me of this....I have noticed this on July and August boards, that it seems P&G is totally normal. Like, in the PGAL thread tagging isn't common, at least not like on TTGP, where you commented and offered support to practically everyone in some form when you posted. Anyone else notice that? 
    That makes me feel better for never coming back yesterday! I def felt the guilt P&Ging on TTGP. I will still try here but maybe one less thing to feel unnecessary stress over on busy days!
    *TTC History*

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• +1 to noticing that people (me included) P&G. It makes me sad that not everyone wants to get to know and interact with each other. That is one thing that makes BMB better IME. However, we still have several weeks of people popping in, ghosting, or leaving. So I'm trying to not get upset when noone talks to anyone. 

• I don't like to P&G but it happens on super busy days. That said I tried to respond because I feel that's how I get to know people. But I don't look for everyone to tag everyone in everything either. If you have something to add or offer than do but I don't think you should look for something to say because you feel you have to say something to everyone.

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @princesslockness I do feel a little sad that no one is talking to each other in some threads, but I understand as well. Also, there were a lot less people on TTGP, at least active. It was so much easier to keep up with everyone!
  • mrs_drc_rnmrs_drc_rn member
    edited December 2017
    @laurad75 so excited to have you here! I lurked on the IF thread a lot. Ugh, my DH is the same way. Hopefully he starts getting excited soon! I never met with any doctors, so I can’t really give too much advice on the doctor search. I would maybe ask around a see what hospitals or OB’s people recommend? That might at least narrow down the search a bit. I’d probably prefer ones that were closer to where I live/work. 

ETA: I bought nursing bras and wore them during pregnancy, and was able to use them afterwards. 
  • @laurad75 With my first, I bought a bunch of bras from maternity stores ($$$$), and I was only able to wear them for about a month before I outgrew them again. So dumb. I ended up buying a couple cheaper non-maternity bigger bras from Kohl's. I should have just done that from the beginning. My issue was more with the band size though because my rib cage spread like crazy. I was VERY glad to have the bigger bras postpartum though. I am only just now back in my regular, pre-pregnancy bras, and DD is 11 months. If you can afford it, I say get the bras you need when you need them. They will probably work again for you as your body shrinks back to pre-pregnancy size after baby is born.
  • @juliebird6 That's what I was thinking - buy some at Kohls or Target when needed.  Thanks. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 I went ahead and bought new bras, and I also bought extenders. I needed to buy new ones again after the birth, but eventually ended up in the first set again. So it wouldn’t hurt to buy nursing bras because even if you outgrow them you may be able to use them later. 

I actually had just gotten out all my old bras again after losing the baby weight from #1 and reducing nursing, so we’ll see how long they last :lol: I could practically open a used bra store with all the different sizes I have.
    *Siggy Warning*

• @laurad75 My best friend lives in Boston and has three LOs if you want a rec! MH is also seemingly unenthused, I am hoping my u/s on the 28th will allow him to feel more excited. 

@lalala2004 Where can you buy bra extenders/do they work with every bra? I finally found bras I love and would love to wear them as long as possible through this pregnancy if that works. Mine feel super sore and heavy but do not seem to have grown yet.
    *TTC History*

• @laurad75 no thunder stealing worries at all. You’ve had a much tougher road that me it looks. I’m just so happy we’re both here! 

I bought new new bras as well but just larger sports bras. I very rarely wear regular bras anymore. I have my all day sports bra and my workout sports bras.

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @legallykate motherhood maternity sells them, and I think the ones I got work with three snap bras. I feel like that’s more common, anyway. Well, for bustier ladies, anyway.
    *Siggy Warning*

• @laurad75 I looked first at hospitals close to me and then asked them my questions about what I thought would matter to me at birth and throughout the pregnancy, like, how far past due will you let me go? How would an induction go? How do you do C-sections? Do you have a NICU and if not how far is the closest and how long would it take to transport there? What options do you have for pain management during labor? stuff like that. And you could make appts at various places and ask, but sometimes if they aren't super busy there might be a nurse you can talk to about those things before scheduling an appt. 
  • @SmashJam That list of questions is super helpful. Thank you. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog