Babies on the Brain

Weekly Chat 12/3

catlady2015catlady2015 member
edited December 2017 in Babies on the Brain
What are you looking forward to this week?

What are you dreading? 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? 

Random thoughts?

GTKY:  What's your elf name? 
*TW*
Me: 38 DH: 41
Married: 2016
BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19

Re: Weekly Chat 12/3

• What are you looking forward to this week? another week as usual, we put the tree up. So sometime this week we'll actually get the ornaments out and get it fully decorated. 

What are you dreading? another week of solely wet food for the cats. One of our cats had to have 14 teeth pulled last week (she has a genetic disorder which led to her having resorptive disease, the inside of her teeth essentially turns to bone). It was super painful and while she's feeling SO much better, she can only eat wet food for another week. Plus, eating finally doesn't hurt her so she's eating like a super piggy and I have to shut one of them in another room so she can actually eat. 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? decorate my tree and try to prep for holiday baking. 

Random thoughts? It's a miracle. My dad is great, but is like the grinch when it comes to Christmas - like to the point where he doesn't even want gifts. He actually gave me a gift idea last night and I promptly bought it. Score!

GTKY:  What's your elf name? Jolly Sugarplum - I like it!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 I've actually heard that wet food is better for cats! I've been wanting to make the switch to wet food, just haven't had time to research brands and find one that will work for my two cats.

Looking forward to: getting our Christmas cards ordered today! We had a friend take some pictures in our yard and they look great!

Dreading: work, it's busy this month for me. I work in the loan department of a bank, and I'm working on paying out real estate taxes for people who escrow with us...yay...

Goals: eat healthier this week and actually get started on our Christmas pj pants  :#

R/R: I slept horribly the night before last but didn't notice yesterday, I'm really feeling exhausted this morning though :/

GTKY: Bubbles Plum-Pants lol
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Loading the player...
  • What are you looking forward to this week?
    Ladies’ Night on Wednesday.

What are you dreading? 
    DH is gone again all week, so I’m on my own with DD. Love her, but it’s so exhausting being the only parent.

Survive. Ha. DD has her first dentist appt and I have one after her, so I’ll have to figure out how to corral and distract a 17month old while getting my teeth cleaned.

Random thoughts?
    Im so happy now that I got my Christmas tree up and decorated.

Twinkle Angel-Pants. Weird...
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @meggyme oh my, I’m waiting until DS is 2 in the hopes that he’ll be more cooperative.

What are you looking forward to this week? Going to an out of town wedding for my BFF from high school. 

What are you dreading? Wrangling DS at said wedding :lol:

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Wrap Christmas presents I hope.

Random thoughts? -

GTKY:  What's your elf name? Tinker Sugar Socks
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @lalala2004 she’s usually pretty cooperative for doctors, but I can’t exactly have her sitting on my lap wiggling around while my teeth are being cleaned, like I would at the doctors. Of course DH is gone this week so he can’t help. This seemed like a good idea 6 months ago when I made the appointment. Of course, she wasn’t walking then...
  • @CecilB93 - it actually is! especially if your cats aren't great about drinking water - they get water from the wet food and it helps stave away some kidney issues from the dry diet and low water intake. We typically give them dry food at night b/c it can stay out longer and they will graze a little more overnight (so we don't get woken up super early by hungry kitties). We've been pretty lucky in that they haven't been much earlier than usual, so phew! 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 I'm glad your cat is doing better, but that can't be fun having to shut the other one away at food time! What sort of things are you going to bake for the holidays? Yay for your dad giving you an idea!

@CecilB93 Is it bad that I'm considering using our Christmas cards from last year that we never got around to sending out? I hope you get some rest tonight!

@meggyme Is there anyone who can go with you to the dentist to keep DD occupied?

@lalala2004 Good luck at the wedding! Hopefully he won't be too difficult!

What are you looking forward to this week? Hopefully getting some answers tomorrow. We see the reproductive endocrinologist in the morning, so we should hopefully have some idea of what we need to do moving forward. We're also seeing DH's doctor in the afternoon so we can get his referral for a neurologist, as recommended by his cardiologist. And then on Wednesday, we see my parents and uncle.

What are you dreading? Oddly enough, everything above. I'm dreading the possibility of not having any chance of having a kid, the idea that there's something seriously wrong with DH (we don't really know what's going on yet), and having to deal with my crab ass uncle.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Dishes and laundry. Put up some Christmas decorations. I don't think we're doing a tree this year, for space and budget reasons. That's about it.

Random thoughts? How do you put stuff in a spoiler? I haven't figured that out.

GTKY:  What's your elf name? Happy Toe-Bells. Okay, then.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @dreamscapes_ the drop down paragraph symbol in the tool bar (the the left of the smiley faces) will give you a choice of putting the spoiler box.

Right now my plan is to bring lots of snacks and toys and then strap her down to the stroller while I get me teeth cleaned.
  • @meggyme Awesome, thank you! And that's a good plan. Hopefully it'll work!
    Finally getting the tree decorated so I can just relax.

What are you dreading? 
    Actually decorating the tree. And having to take my dog to the vet and get the crazy high vet bill.

hoping to get ahead at work pre-holidays.

Random thoughts?
    My lunch was so good. I ate way too much and now all productivity has gone out the window.

Cookie Monkey-buns

@catlady2015 how did your cat find the surgery? Was it high maintenance after? My dog might need one pulled. I can't imagine THAT many. must have cost a fortune!

@dreamscapes_ thinking positive thoughts for you!
  • @kristah2 Hopefully your vet bill won't be too high! Thanks for the positivity!
  • @kristah2 - she really didn't do TOO badly. She was pretty spazzy and didn't want to settle much when we got her home the day of surgery. The second day she was really active and really hungry. She's acting like a kitten again and you can just tell she's feeling so much better. This is day 5 and she's calming down a bit again, but you can tell she's getting used to not having all those teeth in her mouth. 

one tooth isn't really too bad, cost wise. it was 1300 for them to pull all 14 (some complicated, some not) and that included her anesthesia, drugs, recovery time, follow-up appt. Hope your doggo doesn't need to have one pulled, or if he does, that he rebounds quickly like the kitty seems to!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • That's a great price for 14! They are quoting us at around $2000 for the single tooth. I'm obviously getting ripped off here.
  • What are you looking forward to this week? Ugh for the weekend, although this is a busy week and my final is next week so I don’t really get a break until after that. So looking forward to after my final next week!

What are you dreading? Getting all this work done for school, and my in laws are coming in to town for the weekend. I love them, but they can be stressful and they’ve never stayed at our house before, so not sure how it’s going to go.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Actually get schoolwork done and finish cleaning the house!

Random thoughts? I applied for a new job so I’m hoping to at least hear something back from them, even if I don’t end up getting it. Just exploring some options!

GTKY:  What's your elf name? Tinker Sparkley-Toes

@catlady2015 Ugh that sounds horrible for your cat! Glad she is feeling better!

@CecilB93 We ordered ours last week and they’re supposed to come in today!
  • @dogmomma271 inlaws can definitely be stressful. Good luck with it! 
  • @dreamscapes_ do it!!! Wish I could lol
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @dreamscapes_ - pretty classic stuff. Your basic sugar cookies, spritz cookies, homemade cinnamon rolls, and rum cake are all on the list this year. :) 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @CecilB93 They have our wedding pics on them, lmao. So... Yeah, not sure.

@catlady2015 I'm still debating if I want to do any big baking for this year. I'll probably do some for DH and me, and one or two things for work. My mom makes rum balls, which she always took to work before she retired. Apparently it was nice to get a little buzz at work, lol.

Random, but I'm trying to determine if I'm spotting or AF is six days early O.o
  • Hi! I posted an intro and life got in the way of me posting. 

@catlady2015  I’m sorry your poor kitty had to go through that! I hope you get some decorating accomplished. I actually took a day off work just to decorate because of what an undertaking it is. 

@CecilB93  Your work sounds...not so fun! How fun that you make PJ pants! I wish I could sew. In fact, I have sewn stuff in the past but now I just don’t have the time to commit. I think it will be a future goal when DS and any other kids who come around are older. 

@meggyme Your dentist plans give ME anxiety just reading about it. I think your stroller plan is a good one, though. I hear you on sole-parenting being exhausting. I have some evenings with just me and DS as well as most saturdays and I totally have all the mad respect for single parents. I don’t know how they do it.

@dreamscapes_  I hope the RE appointment went well and that the spotting isn’t a super early AF. I also hope you get some answers about your DH. The unknown is scary. I don’t know much of your story, but I hope things work out the very best way they can. 

@kristah2 I hope you can get some sort of discount worked out for the vet! Ouch! 

@dogmomma271 Good luck with the IL’s and your busy week! I hope you hear back about the job soon! Even if it doesn’t pan out it’s always good practice to interview. 

What are you looking forward to this week?
    Um, the weekend at this point, given how crazy work has been. 

What are you dreading? 
    Work. Haha. I’m an NP for a specialty service and everyone is trying to get their procedures done before the end of the year so they aren’t subjected to deductibles. That equals crazy busy-ness for me!

Survival at this point!

Random thoughts?
    Im really excited to be here. I’m in this weird space about when to TTC again and I think hanging here will help me sort through some of it. 

Puddin Sparkley-Toes! I don’t think it flows...
  • Hey everyone! I'm late this week.... as usual? Lol.

@Wishilivedinflorida Good luck with your work craziness! And also, welcome!

@dreamscapes_ Hope you and DH both had good appointments yesterday.

@catlady2015 Glad your kitty is feeling better. One of ours is due for a dental - she had a couple teeth pulled last time (a couple years ago) and I'm thinking she'll need more done this time. She seems to just have bad teeth for some reason but it doesn't seem to slow down her eating much... or at all lol.

@CecilB93 How are the PJ pants coming?? That is such a cute idea :)

@kristah2 Hope the vet bill doesn't end up being too bad! We love our vet cause they are awesome but yikes those bills...

@dogmomma271 I always get stressed out by people staying at our house - I'm so used to being able to come home, change into sweatpants right away and never wear a bra, and having other people at home just messes up the routine! Haha

@meggyme Good luck at the dentist! That sounds like quite a challenge.

@lalala2004 Not sure if you're still hanging around here or not, but - have fun at the wedding! :):)

What are you looking forward to this week? Getting to the end of it, haha. Work and life are both busy, and I'm fighting off a cold, so the weekend cannot come fast enough. Also, we picked out our Christmas tree and put up lights on the house this past weekend, so I'm looking forward to finding time to actually decorate the tree. 

What are you dreading? Just really hoping this almost-cold doesn't turn into an actual cold!

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week?  Already finished the main goal this week which was to finish up a project DH and I are helping with for our church. I'd also like to go ahead and order most of my Christmas presents, and figure out the last few things I need to get.

Random thoughts? Nothing I can think of right now.

GTKY:  What's your elf name? Perky Pickle-Pants! Don't mind me, just giggling forever over here :)
  • @Wishilivedinflorida I actually meant to comment on your username before, lol. I live in central Florida :D The RE appointment went well. The spotting is indeed an early AF, but that's life. DH's doctor didn't think the neurology referral was necessary, but the cardiologist did, so he decided to go ahead with it just in case. We're waiting to hear back from the referral coordinator for his appointment date. I actually am one of those people trying to get procedures taken care of before the 31st because of deductibles, lmao. Hope your month isn't too insane!

@diaphena I hope you feel better soon!

So the RE appointment yesterday went pretty well. It took significantly longer than we thought it would, and we were there for nearly three hours. The doctor went over my chart with us, asked a bunch of questions about what we've done and have been doing, and did an ultrasound. He said my uterus looks normal and healthy, but that he couldn't find my ovaries for some reason. Something about bowel. Apparently it happens, though. So he's gonna send me for a repeat of the CT to check on the cyst on my left ovary. They also did a blood draw for testing to double check my AMH level, among other things. They wanted me to come back on CD2 or 3 for additional testing, so that's tomorrow afternoon. There are a few other things I have to get done by the end of the month (vitamin D3 supplements, take OPKs from CD10-19 to confirm ovulation or lack thereof, an HSG, and DH needs to get friendly with a cup), so this is going to be fun.

• @dreamscapes_ it seems like you’ve got a good game plan! Hopefully you can get some solutions.
  • @dreamscapes_ it sounds like a lot of work but you really seem to be super grounded. Hoping it doesn't take too long and you get some answers, hopefully followed by a BFP soon!
  • @diaphena nothing yet  :# I've just been super tired this week and not sure why! Makes me extra lazy though and printing/taping/cutting patterns is my least favorite part of sewing, lol. Also, I think so far your elf name is the best one!! Lol

@dreamscapes_ glad to hear you're able to get things going so quickly! Sounds like you guys have a pretty good plan to start with. Good luck! 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• So Jackie did pretty well at the dentist. It was mostly for familiarization, so she wouldn’t let the dentist look in her mouth, but we half heartedly brushed her teeth and she sat and watched me get my teeth cleaned. Idk if it was a look of horror or confusion, but she paid rapt attention.
    Finishing work on Saturday so I can get going on the cleaning/organizing and decorating.

What are you dreading? 
    Working, I feel like it's all I ever do. I love my job but it's just really stressful and depressing right now.

I'd like to finish sewing a few Christmas presents and put together a few boxes of toiletries and clothes to donate.

Random thoughts?
    I'm so hungry. Just broke down to have part of my lunch because I can't wait until 130 when I normally have my lunch break.

Tootsie Plum-Pants lol
  • @CanadianGamerMom - i love that you're sewing christmas presents! whatcha making? 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • edited December 2017
    @CecilB93 You just reminded me I should probably get. going on our Christmas pjs! I just picked up the fabric on the weekend, but I'm not looking forward to printing/glueing/cutting out the patterns. There's 6 of us, as my parents will be visiting this year. They're going to be so excited about us all matching haha

Which pattern are you using for yours?
  • @catlady2015 Ive just finished a Totoro plush, next in line is a Jake the Dog plush, some narwhals, pj bottoms, some pants and sweaters for my kids, mittens for my boss, and a bunch more haha I cant even remember what all is on my list
  • @CanadianGamerMom I'm using pattern for pirates Walk the Plank PJs! They were free a while back, so I jumped on it! (Not sure if they're still free or not)
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 Hey fellow Pirate! I'm using the P4P mama/papa joggers for the adults and Max joggers from Max and Meena :) 
  • @meggyme We're working on it! They also offered us a genetic screening panel, which we're discussing whether we want to do or not. It's a pretty reasonable price thanks to our insurance. I'm glad your DD did well at the dentist! That's always gotta be something fairly concerning, you know?

@kristah2 I honestly am fairly pragmatic in general (which is kind of hilarious, given where I work). We should have the follow up just before Christmas, I think, so that'll probably be where we get the results and work out the actual plan of attack.

@CecilB93 You'll get to the patterns soon! I'm sure you will :) We're pretty hopeful now, thankfully. This doctor seemed a lot more positive than the OB we saw previously.

@CanadianGamerMom What do you do for a living?

• @CanadianGamerMom I love the joggers! I used that pattern with some jegging material and just hemmed the bottom rather than putting bands and made some fluff-friendly skinny pants for my son! Yet they're still loose enough that they don't look like girly leggings. 

I did manage to get my size printed, I need to measure DH and DS so I can print theirs.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @dreamscapes_ I'm a seamstress. It's the best job and I've got the best boss, but she's off due to breast cancer and chemo. It's been just me running the shop for a few months now, with a few more months to go. It's stressful and honestly, I'm just bored. I miss having her around to chat and joke around with. 

@CecilB93 The joggers for the kids are one of my go to patterns because they fit so well and they're so versatile. Those, and the hipster harems (can't remember if they're M&M or another designer) are my favourites for my kids 
  • @CanadianGamerMom I never did try the hipster harems!! Kept meaning to, just never did :/ 

I'm proud to say I got 2/3 patterns printed, and mine is half taped! Getting there!! Lol
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 Woohoo!  I decided to work on some stuff I've had cut out for ages, and I managed to get 3 harems and a pair of joggers for my kids done. The harems are for a photoshoot with my SIL and nephew and the joggers are part of my daughters Christmas present. I'm dreading prepping the patterns for our pj bottoms so I'll probably try to tackle them later this weekend. I just wanted to do some fun sewing tonight lol
  • @CanadianGamerMom idk if you can really help me, but I have given up on seeing because I always seem to screw up my tension. It doesn’t matter the machine. I even got a new heavy duty brother a few years ago and have the same thread bunching on the bottom of my fabric. It’s been so frustrating that I only do projects I can feasibly hand sew. Any suggestions?
  • On top of everything else that’s happened lately, DH and I got rear ended at a stop light this morning in the way to work. We’re both okay, but we haven’t seen the car yet (both had neck and back pain, so we were sent to the hospital). I just... what else is gonna go wrong lately?
  • @dreamscapes_ my love it is a big hug. Girl, you all need a break! I hope that this wave of bad stuff means there is something good waiting right around the corner for you and DH. Take it easy today and be kind to yourselves.  <3
  • @dreamscapes_ I’m sorry to hear that, but I’m glad you’re ok. Like diaphena said, hopefully this means something good is coming.