TTC After a Loss

December WTO

Let's get this party started!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: December WTO

• CD1 for me today yuck but it's easy to count the days when it starts on the first.
  • tosh24tosh24 member
    edited December 2017
    CD 9 for me today. Had to pull up my calendar to count since I had no idea - it's been nice to not care for a week lol! I usually O somewhere between CD13-CD15 and I'm starting to notice my usual FW signs which always start CD 9 so I guess the BDing should commence. Once I O I will go in for a progesterone test again so that I can start my Estrace in prep for what will hopefully (finally) be an IVF cycle this month. 

ETA: Sorry about CD 1 today @vlagrl29

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Loading the player...
  • I have a plan I feel great about and it lines up perfectly with my timeline which I know can change at any moment but whatevs.  So the nurse of my OB called me back and confirmed they do not monitor clomid cycles with U/S just the prog so I asked for a referral for RE they work with and left a message for that office.  Hoping to get an appt set up for Jan, have to get all testing done again I'm assuming which will be in Feb and then we can start femara in March.  2 more naturally TTC cycles like we wanted then we will abstain from sex in Feb because I don't want to chance being pregnant in March while taking Femara which could hurt it and result in an unwanted loss.  Dh think's I'm nuts but I do not care!  I told him my hand and mouth would still be available that month ha!
  • CD3 lets make December special...fingers crossed.
  • Just waiting for AF... hoping today turns into CD1 so we can get going here...
  • CD2 here. Have a hysteroscopy scheduled for Wednesday- I hope it hurts less than the HSG did!
  • @BusinessWife I’m so sorry to see you here. I’ve been lurking yours (and others’) stories on IF. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you!

CD? over here. Started spotting yesterday, or the day before, IDK anymore. But no red flow, so I can’t call CD 1 yet I don’t think. In limbo, I suppose. On a positive note, I finally got my lap scheduled for the endo! So excited to be able to cross that off the list of potential RPL causes.
  • @cassafrass15. Thank You!  This is a board really nobody wants anybody to be on. :/ but at least we are in good company. ❤  Congrats on getting the lap scheduled?  When is that?

@lin0442 GL with the hysteroscopy!  I was actually out for that, so I didn't feel a thing! (but I had polypectomy too)  Do you know if they are doing anything else during the procedure?  Or have you asked about the anesthesia?

@vlagrl29. So glad you have a plan!
  • @lin0442 I had an office hysteroscopy last month. I seriously felt less discomfort than with my SHG. I took 2 Advil 30 min before the procedure and felt nothing more than very very minor cramping which only lasted a minute. Walked out of the clinic completely fine (and I had had an unpleasant endometrial biopsy as well). You'll be totally fine!  Good luck :)

TFAS since 2012

Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!

• edited December 2017
    Aaaaand there it is.

**TW** CD1 post loss
    <div class=" Spoiler">I was up for an hour or more from a bit before 3 to somewhere around 4 just writhing with the absolute worst cramps I can ever remember in my life!  I was not expecting that.  But I feel better now after sleeping till 10:30AM!  Wth???</div><p>*eta spoiler</p>
  • @BusinessWife You’re right - there’s definitely something to be said for good company. Especially when no one IRL can understand.

I am oddly excited for the lap so that we can finally diagnose endo or no endo - we scheduled it for Dec 8. Going to be a busy week because I’m traveling for work Mon-Tues, DH has to get a GI scope done Weds, work Thurs and then lap Fri. If the RE doesn’t find any endo, he said we can safely assume the RPL is a result of hormonal imbalance. I’m just ready to get this show on the road, either way.

Officially CD1 for me. A week earlier than expected. 

@lin0442 Good luck with your hysteroscopy!
  • We put up all our decor this weekend. We got a new stocking for our new pup. I was thinking we'd have another stocking for a baby this year but hey we have a new pup so that's something.
  • BusinessWife  ugh... post-loss AF can be the worst! Also, I know my sleep schedule was/is all out of wack due to anxiety and depression following my MCs. Sometimes I'm sooo exhausted but just can't sleep, and yet want to sleep in and nap all day. *sigh*

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• The year anniversary is getting triggered for me gah!  Can we just skip to Jan?  It's ok I'm going to make a point of enjoying myself this year and the family I do have.
  • @vlagrl29 Sorry about your anniversary, it makes an already tough time more difficult

DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited December 2017
    @shri929 - yeah it does though once it passes I will have gotten thru it :)  We had a chance to meet with an RE last week of this year but chose not to do it and just wait til Jan on our timeline because that would mark 1 year exactly with the loss last week of Dec.  Just talking to DH about it yesterday brought tears to my eyes.  So I can't do it yet but the RE office told me to call back in a couple weeks and get put on the Jan calendar for a consult.  I just really want to enjoy the holidays this year ya know?
  • CD4 - Maybe TMI, but this cycle has been a lot lighter and less clotting than normal. Taking that as a good sign that things are regulating so maybe I will O on time. Making a consult because I decided to add in acupuncture while my RE is being annoying (can't get me in for anything until after the New Year) and trying to actively de-stress to get O back on schedule. 

@vlagrl29  It's also my anniversary month too. 1 year of TTC, my loss was in Jan - hopefully we get our BFPs to close out the year nicely! I started taking to CoQ10, but does it make you queasy? My stomach has been in knots ever since yesterday. 
    @lin0442  & @cassafrass15  Best of luck on your procedures and hope that you get the results you're looking for :)

*Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

BFP: November 2014, DS born via c-section July 2015 

TTC#2 December 2016

BFP: 12/23/16- No heartbeat at 8 weeks, D&C 01/30/17 

BFP: 03/11/17- Chemical 03/15/2017

BFP: 04/17/17- Chemical 04/22/2017 

05-10/2017 - RPL Testing/Septum Resection Surgery

11/2017-03/2018 3 Natural cycles / 2 TIC w/ trigger shot 

BFP: 03/29/18, Rainbow Baby Boy Due late November/ early December 2018  <3

• @honeybeebub - to be honest with you I thought I'd be pregnant by now.  I didn't think we'd still be trying almost a year later.  We didn't get back to TTC until Feb.  We found out I was 4 weeks right before xmas and then the following week at 5 weeks was told I was miscarrying.  It took 6 months to get pg with the loss baby.  I think if we actually reach 2 years I'm throwing the towel in and say screw it!

I buy ubiquinol at Costco 200mg and I take it twice a day with meals - I don't notice any stomach issues.  I'm taking a ton of supplements right now and kinda surprised my stomach is fine with it all.  I'm supposed to meet with my naturopath friday to go over all blood work.  Hoping things have improved.
  • @honeybeebub If I don't take the ubiquinol with food on a full stomach, I feel super gross. And, I'm pretty sure that's what was making my heartburn worse too. I stopped taking it for a week while I started the Zantac just to give my stomach a break and felt great. I started taking it again yesterday and I can feel a bit of heartburn here and there. Nothing like I was feeling probably because the Zantac is doing its job, but I do notice it has resurfaced again. I don't know if it's the ubiquinol itself or the non-medicinal ingredients in the soft gel. I was taking a powdered ubiquinone capsule for a couple of months before switching to the ubiquinol, and it didn't bother me at all. 

TFAS since 2012

• @vlagrl29  @tosh24 Thanks ladies. I think that may be the issue. I usually take my supplements on an empty stomach in the morning... but I will switch to with food to see if that helps. 
    *Signature TW*

TTC#1 October 2014

BFP: November 2014, DS born via c-section July 2015 

TTC#2 December 2016

BFP: 12/23/16- No heartbeat at 8 weeks, D&C 01/30/17 

BFP: 03/11/17- Chemical 03/15/2017

BFP: 04/17/17- Chemical 04/22/2017 

05-10/2017 - RPL Testing/Septum Resection Surgery

11/2017-03/2018 3 Natural cycles / 2 TIC w/ trigger shot 

BFP: 03/29/18, Rainbow Baby Boy Due late November/ early December 2018  <3

• Thanks, @honeybeebub though I actually had to end up canceling the appointment this morning. A bit tmi, but they told me to cancel if I wasn’t down to only spotting by today and I haven’t had af be this heavy since before my loss- maybe the HSG made my body clean house or something. 

Supplements can definitely make an empty stomach upset! It’s so easy to take them first thing, but some of the formulations are too much before coffee. 
  • Well we have a transfer day! 12/22, but with a different doctor.  I am happy we get to try again before Christmas and enjoy a PASP holiday!  Beta day is 12/31, so hopefully it will be a very happy New Year... Hopefully. :/
  • GL @BusinessWife

when someone not a professional tells you that later cycle spotting you had was probably one that implanted but didn't make it even though you tested and it was bfn. Yeah it kinda ticked me off.
  • Today is CD 14 and I'm pretty sure my cycles are around 37 days. According to one of the ovulation calendars my fertile days are 12/13-12/17 so we shall see!  I stopped temping because it is all over the place and has never worked for me. 

Me: 34 - SO: 40
    TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)
    Miscarriage on 7/19/17 at 7 weeks 
    Miscarriage on 10/16/17 at 5 weeks

• DH was supposed to be out of town during my FW but his trip got moved earlier so now he'll be back the day before I'm supposed to ovulate. Woo! Back in it this month!
  • Yess! @Kath525. So glad you don't have to be out this cycle!!!
  • awesome @kath525!!!

As for me - BD will start up again this weekend.  We did use the pre seed inserts last month but was wondering if you'd even bother to use it if you produce your own EWCM.  Any thoughts?
  • @vlagrl29 Have you done the preseed "by injection" yet?  We did it this month and DH HATED it!! It was not a pleasant experience...I wouldn't use the recommended amount again, I think a little goes a LONG way
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • @vlagrl29 I just use it like I would regular lube during "non fertile" times. TMI usually if things aren't wet enough for whatever reason. Sometimes I don't feel I have enough CM. I would say if you've got it, it won't hurt to use it. 

Me: 34 - SO: 40
    TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)
    Miscarriage on 7/19/17 at 7 weeks 
    Miscarriage on 10/16/17 at 5 weeks

• well I use to use it as needed lube but last month I used the applicators twice and filled it to a level 2 and yeah it's a lot and makes for a mess afterwards - but I was thinking what if I already have adequate CM for the swimmers to travel thru and I might  make it harder on them adding more?  IDK I think too much sometime.  Maybe we should just use it as normal lube.
  • @vlagrl29  that was literally my exact thought this month! Like I hope I’m not trying to fix something that is not broken 
  • yeah I think I'm going to play it safe this month and not mess with anything! lol  only use it if we need it. @shri929
    Its really obvious when it's go time!  There was 1 time last cycle I really did need it because DH went on forever!
  • Thanks @BusinessWife @vlagrl29

I had the same thoughts last month about is too much slowing the swimmers down. I think I'm going to use it only of CM seems low rather than automatically using it. 
  • We had the best experience just using it like regular lube.  I think the main this is that it's not KILLING the sperm, like most lubes out there actually contain spermicide, so.... lol #nothelpful
  • vlagrl29  Yeah, you definitely don't want to use the 'recommended' dose of that stuff. I think I had it at the lowest number level.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Hi all...hoping to come out of lurker status and join you guys. I've been following along since our loss in October and am ready to get off the bench and back into bed (too much?) Currently CD 6 after my first period PL. Waiting waiting waiting! At least I have Christmasania to distract me (somewhat).
  • Christmas mania! Christmasania sounds like a disease. I don't have any diseases.
  • Hi all. 

Just experienced my first pregnancy and loss. It was a very early loss, but I'm still completely devastated. We've decided to get right back to trying and hope it doesn't happen again. 
  • Welcome ladies. I'm sorry for your losses. I hope your stay here short but in the meantime this is a great group of ladies to get support from! @lumosmaxima @tinasa