TTC after 35

TTCA35 Weekly Check In: 12/4/17

ndz2018ndz2018 member
edited December 2017 in TTC after 35
Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment)

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):

Rants/Raves
:

Questions for the group:

GTKY: What present are you hoping for this holiday?( besides the obvious lol)

What are you thankful for this week?

Re: TTCA35 Weekly Check In: 12/4/17

• ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited December 2017
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Benched / IVF this cycle coming up

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): Cycle 8 / CD 27 DPO N/A

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): prenatals, ubiquinol 600mg a day, Zinc, Vit D

Rants/Raves
    : I love my SO so much but he can never ever make it on time to his appointments!! He had his 3rd SA this morning and guess who’s like an hour late?!?! I had to call AGAIN and tell them he’s stuck in traffic when he hasn’t even left yet! I’m the complete opposite , I get all stressed out when I’m running late and always make sure I’m a few minutes early. Just really pissed me off this morning.

Questions for the group: none today 

I would love a new pair of Uggs Bc my mothers puppy ripped mine apart last winter and they were BRAND NEW 
    :( 

What are you thankful for this week? Gotta go with my momma again, she wants to pay for all our PGS testing, cryopresevation and biopsy. She told me the other day she wants to pay for it for our Christmas present. I told Her NO, but she insisted. I said If she really wants to she can pay for half so we agreed on that.
  • Just got off the phone, surgery to remove septum is scheduled for Jan 8th!
  • Loading the player...
  • MomifbyseaMomifbysea member
    edited December 2017
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): I am still sick (week 4 of this respiratory thing!) so I haven’t even been on here in awhile, gotta catch up!

Benched another cycle but it’s our choice bc my retrieval would have possibly been 12/22 in another state than where my MIL is flying into to see her granddaughter (DD) for Christmas ( and she has no idea we are doing IVF) so yeah, we will be living apart one more month.

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): I really don’t know! My period started on thanksgiving, lasted a day, stopped for a couple days, then light bleeding for a few then full on starting last Thursday. So I counted thanksgiving as cd1 and started opk last Thursday since we can try naturally this cycle.

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Natural before IVF next cycle. Vitamin d, prenatal, CoQ10, eating organic as much as possible

Rants/Raves
    : Rant - my husband is sitting with *TW* DD while I shower just before he’s getting ready to drive back to the state where he lives. Well I did my opk and the frickin blinking smiley shows up. Not funny!!! We are hoping it’s still my fertile days when he comes back after work Friday.

Questions for the group: Did someone on this thread mention not taking CoQ10 at the same time as prenatal? Or was it not to take it at same time as aspirin? I can’t remember but thought it cancelled something out from being absorbed.

GTKY: What present are you hoping for this holiday?( besides the obvious lol) A cute new bag would be nice or brown boots...but honestly, just the obvious would be plenty!

What are you thankful for this week? I’m thankful for a husband who loves travel as much as I do. We just booked a southern Caribbean cruise for next Christmas!
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): WTO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): lots of supplements - fish oil, ubiquinol, amino acid, PNV, Vit D, thyraxis

Rants/Raves
    I had to go for a blood draw this morning to retest my lower levels my nauropath wanted.  Only 6 viols this time instead of 9.  I decided to go ahead and have her test AMH but I really hope I don't regret that and the number depresses me but I know my egg quality is good.

We got all the xmas decor up on the inside of the house this weekend and hung up another stocking for the new puppy.  Kinda sad it wasn't for a new baby but the new puppy is awesome too.

We had a busy weekend so we didn't get around to signing DH up for the gym so hopefully he can do that soon.  I thought it can't hurt for him to be active at least the last 2 months of this year TTC

GTKY: What present are you hoping for this holiday?
    I couldn't think of a lot but I had some minimal things on my list.  A gift card to the spa, an essential oil diffuser, and a gift of streaming yoga subscription so I can practice yoga even more!

my timely and regular cycles. kind of a weird thing I guess but I'd probably be a hot mess if they weren't.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @ndz2018 - yea for surgery!  kind of weird to be excited right?

@Momifbysea - I think that was mentioned by @Labluver2 - I think she said she started taking DHEA but stopped the asprin?  Could be wrong.  I take PNV and 400mg of Ubiquinol every day.
  • @vlagrl29 I know! I’m so excited for this surgery, never thought I’d say that before! Aww that you got the pup a stocking, we do that too!! How long is it going to take for the blood work to get back? 

@Momifbysea Sorry you’ve been ill! That seriously sucks! Haven’t heard of not taking them together, I take My prenatal and 300 mg of ubiquinol at the same time along with zinc  in the morning and then I take Another 300mg of ubiquinol and Vit D at night. And that’s AWESOME you guys booked a carribean cruise!!! So jealous!
  • Should be just a few days.  I'm going to call my doc and see if she can get me in later this week to go over it all @ndz2018

I just got a call back from the RE office to schedule an appt for Jan.  she said she could get me in like the last week of the year.  I told her we just wanted to finish out the year before making an appt.  So she told me to call back in 2 weeks to get on the books in Jan.  I guess they only really have a calendar out 1 month at a time for new patients.  She seemed really nice.  Said my first appt would be an hour long to go over all options and then I'd have an ultrasound.  Probably need to do CD3 b/w again as well as SA.  Not going to lie I still get a little anxious when thinking of taking meds but at least they will keep a close eye on me and their office is at the hospital location where my new OB will be so that's convenient.  The only advantage of making an appt end of year is I'd get CD 3 bw in Jan so treatment could begin in Feb.  Then that would mean we'd abstain from sex in Jan because I got my own issues.  what do you all think I should do?  It's not like another month would make a huge difference when it comes down to it.
  • @vlagrl29 I guess if it were me, knowing my cycle I would book that app for the end of the year. This way even while you’re getting all these tests done in Jan you can still TTC naturally. They only reason we couldn’t while we were getting testing was the stupid Rubella BS and they saw I had the septate uterus. If you don’t youll have to wait till Feb to get all your testing. I’m sure they’ll wanna run all those test.. the CD3 BW, the HSG, and the saline sono before they begin anything, I forget did you run all those with you OB? Plus you don’t HAVE to start treatment if there is nothing wrong with you immediately you can do it when you’re ready but at least the testing will be over.
  • well yeah I had the HSG done last year - I really hope I don't need to do that again.  It's like geez I've already had all the testing and I'll have to pay for it all again.  I had Prog in Sept so hopefully that's good enough.  For that first appt I'm assuming it will run us about $700 - consult plus U/S.  yeah I guess we could still try naturally in Jan. but I still want 1 month of abstaining before if we did treatment so if we didn't abstain in Jan then I'd want to in Feb.  I know I'm weird but I'm not going to risk hurting something since I have late implantation and don't turn a bfp until at least day 12 of the following cycle.
  • I guess there is a possibility of the CD3 being covered if they code it as anything not IF - otherwise I'll have to ask a cash price.  No testing would be covered if they labeled IF so even the HSG if I had to get it done again can't be labeled as that.  Irregular period labeling would be better.
  • @vlagrl29 I agree with @ndz2018 I would try for that end of year appointment. It took us awhile to do all the testing it seems like but then again I’m alot older than you so maybe that’s not a big deal. Either way I’m glad the clinic sounded nice on the phone and you got a positive first impression! And ps I may be asking you for a referral once I move down there!

@ndz2018 so happy for your surgery and you moving ahead! Remember, any IVF questions I’m happy to help! I wish I wasn’t but I’m a 4-time veteran so the least I can do is offer answers and pay forward what people did for me when I was going through my first cycle!
  • I maybe wouldn't stress so much but it's all OOP for us and it's not like we have a ton of cash flow.  I worry about it more than DH from that aspect.  I also have a lot of faith in my body - ugh too much faith maybe lol.  Best case scenario is if I can just forward all my tests to them and that's good enough.
  • @Momifbysea Thank you so much! I am Totally going to take you up on that! That must be tough you and your H being states apart.. is it a long drive? 

@vlagrl29 can your reg OB do the CD3 testing? I’ve got a feeling they’re gonna want to run their own tests though... BUT you should totally call the RE back and tell them the tests you’ve had done and see if they will be ok with that instead of having them run it all over again. 
  • I talked to DH and we decided to stick with our plan of a Jan RE appt.  I just don't want to deal with all this stuff during the holidays and if we had that appt the last week of Dec like she mentioned it would be pretty much an exact year anniv from our loss and I just don't need any triggers right now.  I actually got a little sad talking to DH about it.  I'll call the office in a couple weeks and get on their calendar for Jan.  I still have some faith in my body.  I'll probably come with all our testing in hand or all ask their fax number and then have it all sent to them so it's there before our appt.
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited December 2017
    @vlagrl29 I’m sorry, its tough, I can Completely empathize ..though, I’ve had almost 17 years to get over mine, it’s always there in the back of my mind. Also yeah you guys need to enjoy the holidays!! Stick with your original plans. As long as you’re comfortable with it because that’s what matters!!
  • @vlagrl29 I wasn’t thinking that would be a lot during the holidays - heck that’s why I pushed mine back to January so I get it!

@ndz2018 thanks, we are just under 4 hours away so it’s been tough but doable if this IVF will just WORK!
  • Yeah and at this point what's another month right? I've learned there is no wrong way going about this and thoughts and timelines can change. I did tell dh though I feel deep down my time spent on this is coming to a close. I still have hope and faith and feel confident in myself but at a certain point I just want to be done with it all. I am happy for the family we have and we have a great life. June will mark 2 yeArs total so that's kinda where I stand with it all.
  • @vlagrl29 One more month isn’t going to make a difference! You do what you feel comfortable with!

I finally spoke to my new nurse today and i like her!! We went over SOs 3rd SA she said not to stress Bc there are PLENTY of sperm for IVF! His count is still low, 5 mil, but his motilty was 50%, and improvement from 38% , they want above 40%. Morph was still under 1 but hey it’s better than it was the first time at 0!! Plus we are doing ICSI so the morph doesn’t really matter. 
  • Exactly, if you do Isci like we do you’re more than fine! I have a good feeling for you!
  • @Momifbysea AWWW thank you!! The whole process is so crazy to me and overwhelming. Still waiting for CD 1, I’m hoping the insurance clears it before then. I feel that it’s gonna be here soon but I’m always off by a few days so maybe I’m thinking Thur/Fri. 
    4 hours is definitely doable, when do you plan on moving? Ugh we are planning on moving in the new year and I’m totallu stressing about it already lol 
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited December 2017
    TW So I just Found out that a friend of mine who is 42 got his 22 year old girlfriend pregnant. I don’t know why I’m letting this upset me so much but it’s is! I literally wanna cry right now. I hate seeing announcements so much. Maybe it’s Bc I’m PMSing but I am so sad right now.
  • @ndz2018 - I'm sorry that's a sucky situation.  I always remind myself their life has issues too - like well they aren't married and I sure as hell would not have wanted to be pg at 22.  Also that kind of gives me hope a 42 yo man still has working sperm.  DH will be 42 this Friday. 

When I had this neighbor bitch and complain about being accidentally preg with her 3rd I told myself at least we don't have that financial stress.  She was freaking out. 

@Momifbysea - when you move will you will continue medicated cycles?  Will you have ins coverage still for that stuff?
  • @vlagrl29  I say those same things to myself in my head but for some reason it got to me today. And TRUE,  my twenties where the time of my life actually now that I’m thinking about it you’re right. Still stung today for some reason. STUPID PMS!!

My SO is 42 he will be 43 March 30th, and if we do our transfer in March i would know if i was pregnant by then and I’m really hoping that I will be as that would be an amazing birthday present! Still don’t know how long I’ll be benched after my surgery but I have A feeling it’ll be till March. 

• @ndz2018 - I had some major partying in my mid 20s.  I'm glad I had DD when I did at 30 as I was ready.

I should be seeing my naturopath on friday assuming she gets the results by then.  I'm kinda regretting getting AMH done.  It's really important for me to stay in positive mind frame and if that number sucks it will be harder.
  • @vlagrl29 HELL YEAH! I backpacked through Europe, partied my A*S off in NOLA, Vegas, Music festivals galor, and didn’t have a care in the world!! I would Literally pick up and go where ever I wanted Whenever I wanted Lol it was the best! Shoot I was Doing that up until about 4 years ago.

As for your AMH test try not to stress about it, it’s just a number. I have read so much on women who have low AMH and have no problem conceiving. I’m sure your number is fine. I think anything above 1 is normal and anything above 4 you may have PCOS.. mine was 4.17 but I DO NOT HAVE PCOS, soooooo who knows. Also you can have all the eggs in the world but it’s the quality that really matters.
  • So true @ndz2018 I know my quality is good so I guess this just determined the quantity.
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  TWW 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): 4 DPO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): This cycle was just temping and OPK, though the OPK never gave me a peak.

Rants/Raves
    : BBT confirmed O and then I had a temp drop this morning (should be 4 DPO). I'm hoping it was just because it was cold in our room.

Questions for the group: None

Nothing, really. We just moved from a small apartment into a house so most of what DH and I are getting each other are things we need for the house. We also both upgraded our phones as gifts to ourselves. I get most of my joy from seeing my DD (9 years) excited to open her gifts.

My DH, who is super supportive. 
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  NTNP ... not going back to my RE until January 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD13

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): I am trying to get into my primary care dr so they can order a full thyroid panel on me, i don't know why but i feel like my thyroid is a bit off

I don't really want presents this year... just want a quiet holiday with my husband

always thankful for my amazing DH. i'm part of some fertilty and loss groups online and I see stories of men who just don't want to be involved in the process and won't do even some of the most basic of things, like a SA..... my DH is constantly asking what else he can do, what vitamins he can take or if there are any other tests he should do... he is also super engaged in anything that happens with me and makes it a point to read up on everything <3
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • @harleyquinn0621 So glad your DH is so
    supportive! LOVE IT! 
  • @harleyquinn0621 glad your dh is supportive. GL with thyroid test. Make sure they test t3 and t4 as well as tsh. 

Mini rant maybe?  I had a friend ask about the later cycle spotting I had last month. I told her I had tested but it was neg. she then goes to tell me that not all implantations make it thru pregnancy. So basically I lost it. I mean wtf? I doubt it was that and was a wacky cycle I had. 
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited December 2017
    @vlagrl29 WHHAAAAAT????  Not helpful! At all! 
  • Does she know your history? 
  • Status TWW (+OPK 12/3 am, BD'd 12/2 am and 12/3 pm)
    2 DPO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):

Rants/Raves
    : feeling nervous and scared in month 3 of TTC baby #3, my daughter has epilepsy so feeling nervous about having a baby with a chronic health condition

Questions for the group:

GTKY: What present are you hoping for this holiday? health happy holiday for my hubs and kiddos

What are you thankful for this week? my job, my kids, and hubs dealing with kiddos at night while I do shift work
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @misstut23 HEY! Great to have you here. I’m sorry you’re feeling nervous about the situation. It can be super overwhelming for sure. I hope You don’t mind me asking but have you and H had your Genetic screening done? It may make you feel more at ease. 
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing ors treatment): Tww

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):CD17 4DPIUI

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): same prenatal coq10 vitD clean eating and I've done meditation and positive affirmation this cycle

Rants/Raves
    : rant is my phone was messed up and I could t log on to here since thursday. 

Questions for the group:

GTKY: What present are you hoping for this holiday?( besides the obvious lol) fit bit

What are you thankful for this week? My husband for working lots of overtime so we can continue with iuis

I'll catch up and read all the posts later today I wasnt able to log on since thursday. IUI went really well. DH sample was 60 million with 95 mobility. We were able to BdWed Thursday (night of trigger) sat was iui and 6 hours after we Bd again and also Sunday morning. To send backups in. Now the dreaded wait. And a break lol.
  • @ndz2018 yeah she does luckily I don't think that was it so it didn't bother me.

@Labluver2 GL! I understand the break. We will get started back up this weekend:)
  • @Labluver2 WOW DH HAS SOME SUPER SPERM!!  
  • what is a good sperm number range?  Also, with IUI what do they do with it?  Just put it up there really close to an egg?
  • @vlagrl29 they told me anywhere over 15 million is normal. Ours is only 5 million. 
  • @ndz2018 - I had thrown ours away last year but I know they said it was normal.  I'd like to get a copy again but they only send it to the doctor.  So in Jan I'll have it sent to the RE we see.