August 2018 Moms

Symptoms, 12/3

2»

Re: Symptoms, 12/3

• I am 5w 4d and have been exhausted since 3w. I am so tired all of the time yet can't sleep. I also have been cramping for 2weeks and since they kind of feel like PMS cramps, I've been eating comfort food.-need to nip that in the bud quickly! But nausea should be kicking in soon right??
  • jessmb14 said:
    I am 5w 4d and have been exhausted since 3w. I am so tired all of the time yet can't sleep. I also have been cramping for 2weeks and since they kind of feel like PMS cramps, I've been eating comfort food.-need to nip that in the bud quickly! But nausea should be kicking in soon right??
    This is my 6th pregnancy, hopefully 3rd take home, and I have never had morning sickness. Only time I get nauseous is if I don’t eat every 3-4 hours.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Loading the player...
  • My first symptom this time was heartburn which I had at the end of my pregnancy with my 2 year old and that is the only other time I have ever had it so to have it before I had my positive test this time seems crazy.  Also a bit crampy and tired!
  • amac12999 said:
    So so nauseous. All the time. 

@ecwk I think they can be. I have a friend who is due in feb and she said she’s had headaches her entire pregnancy this times. I hope for your sake it’s not though. She said it’s been terribly. 

Are you taking Diclegis or b6 with unisom? Although I was nauseous the entire 9.5 months with pregnancy, this helped me not vomit everywhere and make work more doable. Lots of citrus like oranges and lemon helped too. Seltzer water with lemon was my go to for the first two trimesters, then my last trimester ice chewing and cold ice water. 
  • I've been having sex dreams which weirdly I only seem to have when KU. Also have some boob pain, fatigue and craving vinegary sweet and sour things.
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hello! I'm back for my second time around at 4w3d. So far symptoms seem to be the same as my previous pregnancy: extreme fatigue and achey sides. 
  • Anyone having issues with bloat? Is this too early for bloat, I wonder. Jeans feeling snug on the waist today!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk I felt super bloated last week (and put on 2 lbs of I guess water weight according to my scale) but it has mostly gone away this week. I don't think it is too early for bloat based on the literature I've been reading!
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• ecwk said:
    Anyone having issues with bloat? Is this too early for bloat, I wonder. Jeans feeling snug on the waist today!
     I feel bloated already. I thought it was PMS bloat until I got my BFP. I’ve heard it’s worse with subsequent pregnancies, but I was hoping I’d get lucky. I may have to switch out my wardrobe sooner this time.... 
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @legallykate @lalala2004 I just remembered yesterday that I gave my 3 main maternity dresses to a friend who is due in April. Damn. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ecwk said:
    @legallykate @lalala2004 I just remembered yesterday that I gave my 3 main maternity dresses to a friend who is due in April. Damn. 
    I’m in a pickle because a huge portion of my maternity clothes are long sleeves. I’m going to need some more summer stuff... Or maybe I’ll just wear sun dresses all the time. I won’t be working in third tri. #teacherlife
    *Siggy Warning*

• @lalala2004 excellent point. With DS being born in March, I don't have any summer maternity clothes. Don't really fancy shelling out a ton of money on them either! OT but what do you plan to do with regards going back to work? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ecwk said:
    @lalala2004 excellent point. With DS being born in March, I don't have any summer maternity clothes. Don't really fancy shelling out a ton of money on them either! OT but what do you plan to do with regards going back to work? 
    As of now I’m only working part time out side the home, anyway. My old school worked with me and I just teach a couple of classes (block schedule) and they pay me like a sub. I’m also teaching English online to kids in China. So since this baby will be born basically on the first day of school, I have no intention of working outside the home next school year. I may consider having them put me on the sub list in the second semester, maybe for one day a week, we’ll see. I’ll just try to work more hours with my online job. Fortunately DH’s job pays all the bills. Whatever I do is just for extra spending a saving. I like having my “own” money.
    *Siggy Warning*

• I am kind of lucky in that my weight has always fluctuated so I have clothes two sizes down and up from where I currently am and can probably get away with wearing the larger ones for a while (and everyone at work will assume I am just gaining weight again, which I guess is a plus?)
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @legallykate I alsohave a lot of clothes in bigger sizes because I had just lost a bunch of weight before getting pregnant with DS and after he was born it took me a year to lose the weight and then some, so many of my clothes are big. I’m kind of annoyed people will probably think I’m just gaining the weight back until I tell people. It makes me want to tell people sooner... I shouldn’t be so vain...
    *Siggy Warning*

• Hair tie trick can avoid part of the 'fat or pregnant' part. 

You use a hair tie elastic to help 'button' your jeans/slacks and a longer top so no one notices.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Hair tie trick can avoid part of the 'fat or pregnant' part. 

You use a hair tie elastic to help 'button' your jeans/slacks and a longer top so no one notices.
    Yeah, I did that last time and I managed to mostly stay in normal clothes until 20 weeks, but when I told my students, one definitely said “Oh, I thought you had just gained weight!” :neutral:
    *Siggy Warning*

• I am 3w5d I think - super early. I didn't find out this early with my son but I feel a bit crazy this go around, haha! Thanks, OPKs. Anyway, I am STARVING, metal taste in mouth, a few bad headaches (I have migraines and took Advil on Sunday, oops, but at least I didn't take my Relpax!), boobs are tingly and lots lots lots of minor but persistent cramping. And my back hurts. I am really active usually and I only made it to the gym once this week. No extreme tiredness yet. Did I say I was STARVING? 
  • @Firemanswife11 I’m 3w5d too, and my hunger has kicked in full force today! I need to start carrying more snacks....
    *Siggy Warning*

• @lalala2004 I just went in the work kitchen and got some old crackers lol 
  • lalala2004lalala2004 member
    edited December 2017
    @lalala2004 I just went in the work kitchen and got some old crackers lol 
    I just gobbled up a pack of Fritos and considering another bag. I told myself it was a better choice than the Cheetos. I also told myself I wouldn’t gain 50 lbs again :grimace:
    *Siggy Warning*

• I gained 50 too. And I am literally in the best shape of my life right now. :( Oh well, worth it!! 
  • I gained 50 too. And I am literally in the best shape of my life right now. :( Oh well, worth it!! 
    Same. But I lost it before, I can lose it again. I’d just rather make it a little easier on myself!
    *Siggy Warning*

• @lalala2004 two years ago when I was teaching 5th graders and was in first tri but hadn't told the kids yet, one of the boys said, "____, I think maybe that shirt is too small for you!" I gave him hell for it (nicely) and then wore it again the day I was going to tell the kids. He said absolutely nothing but when I told them all and they were being congratulatory he was like, THATS why your clothes are too small! Things kids say, lol.
  • I almost feel like I'm not even pregnant. I did before I got my BFP (nausea, exhausted, sensitive breasts, etc). Now I just have the occasional twinges/cramps and sensitive breasts.  Sometimes a headache and frequent urination. My first pregnancy, I had it all, the whole nine yards - so we'll see how this one pans out. 
  • derbysquirrelderbysquirrel member
    edited December 2017
    After my symptoms subsided somewhat yesterday, they are back in full force today! Bloat, cramps, tender breasts, and fatigue. These four symptoms have been pretty constant since just before the 4w mark. The fatigue is by far the worst of it, and it hits me out of nowhere at times.
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm 4+2 and my boobs are KILLING me. I'm exhausted, crampy, and food aversions are kicking in. This is my second and I don't remember it being this bad this early on with my first. I have a cold that I haven't been able to shake for almost 2 weeks. Just overall miserable.  :(
  • 4wks today. Oh whoa is me LOL this back pain is killing me. I don't remember this from the first time, at least in the beginning. I started with the nausea pretty early on with pregnancy one and it's starting with this one already too. I can't even really call it nausea, my tummy just feels uneasy all the time and nothing but carbs sounds good. Hopefully it stays that way and full on nausea doesn't hit. For my first I lived off goldfish and 7Up for almost 20 weeks, with relief long enough in the evening to eat a descent dinner. 
    Otherwise my boobs are crazy heavy and sore. Tiredness hasn't set in yet, outside of my chasing a toddler all day already tiredness. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @kindbytealikat Saaaame here. I was just whining to my coworker that my back was killing me! Definitely didn't start this early first time around. 
  • @lalala2004 I have horrible bowels when i'm pregnant. I think I have UN-diagnosed IBS anyway but when i'm pregnant it's 100x's worse. I'll go from constipated to diarrhea and back and forth  for the next 9 months. YAY! :/

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @lalala2004 I have horrible bowels when i'm pregnant. I think I have UN-diagnosed IBS anyway but when i'm pregnant it's 100x's worse. I'll go from constipated to diarrhea and back and forth  for the next 9 months. YAY! :/
    Last pregnancy it was just constipated, but that may have something to do with the insane amount of bananas I ate. I stopped buying them because DS was getting constipated, but maybe I’ll buy them and eat them in secret!

I’m also with you and always wondering “Is this pregnancy tired, or my normal tired?”  
    *Siggy Warning*

• Experienced shortness of breathe today which I remember experiencing early last time too. I don't really know why. It's like I cannot breathe fully and deeply enough even when I take a huge breath. It's so weird. Later on I can see it being caused by baby in rib cage but at the point I'm not sure 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk it has the due with the change of blood flow especially in beginning as your body is adjusting to the change. Remember oxygen is carried on red blood cells and now that blood has somewhere else to focus on

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• @kindbytealikat That makes so much sense! I ran up the stairs carrying my son this morning and had to bend over for a few minutes to catch my breath. My partner was like, what just happened??? 
  • @ecwk yeah, that was probably one of my first symptoms that I was like, "Oh, yep, pregnancy." My heart pounds so hard and I get out of breath even getting riled up when talking about something lol. AND I am in the best shape of my life right now. It happens to us all! I remember last pregnancy I could barely walk up a flight of stairs. 
  • I’m glad to know I’m not alone in being SO winded already. I had a hard time reading DS a book last night. 
    Also, for those worried about cramps, I have had in past and current I think they’re pretty normal! I had to take Tylenol Tuesday for them. 
    No sore boobs yet just fuller. 
    Thats all for now!
    DS born 04/22/15, Pregnant again 03/01/17 however loss due to PPROM at 20+6 weeks now TTC rainbow
  • @hannerbananers fellow night shift RN over here! The exhaustion is REAL! 
  • Nauseous still, but not as bad as with baby #1... the holidays have been stressful to say the least... very tired and some migraines here and there.