August 2018 Moms

FTM Check In 12/5

Hope it's okay that I started this (and copied it from the July board), I don't know how many of us first timers there are but I thought we could start GTK each other!

How far along are you?
4w1d 

How are things going? Things are going well I guess? It's slowly but surely sinking in that our lives may be about to change in a very big way. For whatever reason, my actually being "late" as of yesterday seems to have convinced DH that this is happening moreso than the million Wondfos and a digital all showing BFPs.

Appointments upcoming/recent? I have an OB appointment on Thursday that I had scheduled as a preconception follow up. I am excited to be like "so, surprise... and now I have a million questions." 

Rants/Raves/Questions? None at the moment.

GTKY: What have you been overly emotional about lately? Other than the closet incident I mentioned in another post (DH put my clothes away as a "favor" but did literally the worst job imaginable,and I broke down in tears in my closet when I couldn't find anything to wear to work),I haven't been overly emotional yet.

*TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

Re: FTM Check In 12/5

• How far along are you? 4w6d 

How are things going? Things are good. I'm shocked at how many symptoms I've had so early. Cutting out my 8 cups of coffee a day has been the toughest part so far, along with the fatigue. I've been limiting myself to a couple of sips of caffeinated coffee each day. 

Appointments upcoming/recent? I have an introductory appt scheduled with two different OBGYNs. One is the 14th, and the other on the 22nd. I'll have to decide which one to keep. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? My boobs are growing too fast! I already had to buy a new bra yesterday. I'm mostly just very anxious about loss at this point.

GTKY: What have you been overly emotional about lately? I am not typically a very emotional person, and my overriding emotion so far has been concern. I'm usually pretty laid back, but I've been having pregnancy related anxiety since I found out last week. I got weirdly emotional six years ago when I had my IUD removed, so I can certainly imagine that I'll have that happen again, and far more so with the pregnancy, but it hasn't happened yet.

Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 4w 6 days

How are things going? Good! I keep peeing on sticks just to sure that it's still there... the line was very dark this morning so I'm pretty excited. I don't "feel" pregnant yet, and we are keeping it a surprise from our families until Christmas which will be awesome, but I hate not being able to tell my mom and sister! I'm going to dinner and a concert tonight so I'll have to try and "fake drink" which I'm stressing about!

Appointments upcoming/recent? Not until 1/2! UGH.  

Rants/Raves/Questions? None at the moment.

GTKY: What have you been overly emotional about lately? Haven't been really emotional yet! I'm sure that will come soon though. 

@legallykate sorry about the closet incident- but it is pretty funny :smile: also super jealous that you have a doctor's appointment this week! (never thought I'd say that LOL). 
  • Loading the player...
  • @derbysquirrel we're due date twins! 
  • @derbysquirrel Cutting caffeine has been the hardest for me too, I used to drink two energy drinks a day at work  :# but have cut back to one (140 mg of caffeine). Getting to have my one in the morning when I get to work is now like the highlight of my day, haha.

@ncnole26 I may or may not also be POAS every day to watch the line get darker. I had ordered an insane number of Wondfos so why not, but DH thinks I am crazy  :D

*TTC History*

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Howdy, fellow FTMs! 

How far along are you? 5w3d

How are things going? They’re going. It’s strange because I’ve spent so long TTC (since 8/2016) that I’ve gotten to the point I would disregard any symptoms. “No, I’m not pregnant I just ate too much” “No, I’m not pregnant I just didn’t sleep well last night.” Now I have to turn that completely on it’s head and I think I’m disregarding symptoms, then feeling anxious that I’m not having as many symptoms as I “should.” PGAL is a mind****

Appointments upcoming/recent? Tomorrow, thank goodness! Going into my RE for an early ultrasound. Hoping to see at least a nice healthy yolk and fetal pole. I’d be pretty stoked if there’s a heartbeat too! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? My appetite has been strange. My stomach hasn’t been hungry, but my mouth wants to eat everything. They are locked in a Cold War. 

GTKY: What have you been overly emotional about lately? Haven’t noticed lots of mood changes yet. I did cry listening to Christmas Carols last week. 

• Appointments upcoming/recent? Tomorrow, thank goodness! Going into my RE for an early ultrasound. Hoping to see at least a nice healthy yolk and fetal pole. I’d be pretty stoked if there’s a heartbeat too! 

FX for a heartbeat, that would be so cool!
    *TTC History*

• ginjsginjs member
    edited December 2017
  • morgantumorgantu member
    edited December 2017
    How far along are you? 4w4.... I had to wait my 72 hours before I could post but I found out on sunday 12/3

How are things going? .....Fine? this is my first pregnancy so I have no idea what to expect. I'm excited/anxious/worried 

Appointments upcoming/recent? 12/18! I think it's just a conversation with the OB, a confirmation, and some general dos and don'ts. I don't expect any kind of ultrasound of anything- but it would be nice. I will just be happy for her to say, "yes, you actually are pregnant". It still doesn't feel real. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? So many questions! Also, nobody knows but my husband (DH, i know i have to get with it with the acronyms) and I am DYYYING to tell! My best friend is due in march and it's taking everything I have not to tell her and my mom! 

GTKY: What have you been overly emotional about lately? lol..... When I found out on Sunday, my husband was super sick and was struggling to show his excitement because he was miserable. I had a fit because I thought he was disappointed even thought we've been trying for a few months. He's fine now and thrilled with the news, I was just struggling to process everything.