August 2018 Moms

Meal Plan Monday 12/4

What is your week looking like? Bonus points for links or recipes!!

Formerly known as Kate08young
August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
Married: 7/22/14
Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

Re: Meal Plan Monday 12/4

• M: We are having Crockpot Enchillada Soup. Recipe in Spoiler:
           Pork roast diced up, put into crockpot over top of 2 cans Ranch Style beans.
           Cover with Green Taco sauce and red Enchillada Sauce. Mix in rinsed can of black beans and rinsed can of kidney beans (can add others if wanted/needed). Cook low 4-6 hours.
          1 hr before serving, add 1 block cream cheese, 1 c shredded cheese.
           20 min before serving add tortillas or chips, salsa ( if wanted) and sour cream. 
    Serve over kale, rice, tortillas, or as a dip with chips. 

T: Left over Chicken Noodle Soup

Dice chicken breasts (can use any part of chicken). Boil in chicken bouillon and poultry seasoning. Once cooked through, more into crockpot. Add 2 cans cream of chicken soup and 2 cans evaporated milk. Cut 1 hear of celery and 6-8 carrots. Add into mixture. Cook low 4-5 hours. 
         20-30 minutes before serving add in frozen or canned peas and noodles. Serve as a soup, or over biscuits for a pot pie type. 

W: Pork Carnita Nachos

In crockpot take whole pork loin and cook on low 6-8 hours, in enough oil to cover. Move pork onto a cookie sheet. Chunky shred pork, mix in Cumin, Garlic, Chipotle seasoning, Onion Powder, and salt. Broil at 500 degrees for 20 min, stir, continue cooking for another 10 minutes. 
        Server pork over tortilla chips with melted cheese and whatever toppings. 

T: Mac&Cheese and Chili. 

F: Pulled pork Salads: 

Taking left over pork from W, cover in bbq sauce. Serve over a meatless side or regular sized salad. Can top with dressing or just bbq sauce. 

Weekend: Left overs, or pizza. 

• @princesslockness can I come over??? Lol 

meatballs today 
    maybe quiche tomorrow
    tomato soup and grilled cheese one day 
    I'm really craving chicken pot pie so I might have to make that happen! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • edited December 2017
    @ecwk Let me find a chicken pot pie crescent ring. It was totally scrumptious and like 30 minutes of time. 
    Here it is!! Its so simple, and absolutely yumtastic!

• DH is making pan fried salmon and roasted asparagus tonight, he does every Monday (our weeknight cooking game needs some help). He loves his salmon practically still swimming but I've been making him overcook mine since the TWW.

Tomorrow is Chicken Cordon Bleu and power greens.

Wednesday is my office holiday party which I am now kind of dreading. I have no idea what food there will be and it will be open bar and fairly obvious I am not drinking. Going to try to blame it on an (actual legitimate) Thursday work deadline and hope no one pushes the issue.

Thursday is wings I think? We do wings in the air fryer a lot on weekday football nights.

Weekend is up in the air. I am planning to talk to my OB on Thurs about calories/carbs. I have been eating super low carb for a while now and am worried I am not getting enough calories/nutrients for a baby, even though everything I've read says you don't need to up your calories until second tri. I definitely feel more hungry than normal and am making myself eat breakfast again. 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @legallykate are you primarily low carb or is it Atkins/Keto/Paleo, etc? I primarily eat Keto, but with being pregnant I make some exceptions and add in some additional healthier carbs a couple days per week, like berries, sweet potatoes, whole grains etc.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @princesslockness Your week sound so delicious! Also, that chicken pot pie crescent looks so good! I made a tuna cheese ring last night, but I've always made my own dough. I hate rolling it out, so I'm definitely going to steal that Pillsbury dinner roll shortcut!
    @legallykate I do salmon & asparagus most weekends on either Saturday or Sunday (but cooked all the way through, cause I'm nervous like that)!!  If I'm feeling crazy, I switch up the veggie or make mashed potatoes. 

Tonight is lemon spinach stuffed chicken and rice
    Tomorrow is Chicken Divan https://www.thekitchn.com/chicken-divan-casserole-from-s-129235
    Wednesday is a one-pot Mexican Lentils with Black Beans https://reciperunner.com/one-pot-cheesy-mexican-lentils-black-beans-and-rice/
    Thursday is Baked Sweet Potatoes
    Friday is my holiday party
    For the weekend we'll do Veggie Falafel and Salmon.
  • @princesslockness omg yum! Thank you!! 

@TeacherMom2517 I was eating keto for a few months before thanksgiving ish and i kind of fell of the wagon and now that I'm pregnant I didn't want to keep doing it so strictly!! Had you been eating keto long?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @legallykate are you primarily low carb or is it Atkins/Keto/Paleo, etc? I primarily eat Keto, but with being pregnant I make some exceptions and add in some additional healthier carbs a couple days per week, like berries, sweet potatoes, whole grains etc.
    Yes, I have been on pretty strict Keto, and this sounds like my plan as well! I can't eat bread without feeling really awful but want to add in some whole grains and fruit. 

@westphilly Chicken Divan, yum. I have been craving broccoli the last couple days - of all things!
    *TTC History*

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @ecwk I did keto for about 6 months before getting pregnant with DS, but then the thought of meat was revolting and I went totally off the wagon. I gained 65 pounds during his pregnancy and it really took a toll on my self esteem and took a while to get off. Now I've been on keto again for 3 months, and I plan to do like a 90% keto diet, focusing primarily on the healthier fats, like avocados, yogurt, and cheese, and allowing a little more carbs for healthier things that have good nutrients for pregnancy. And of course, the occasional Oreos if need be! There are a couple Facebook communities about keto pregnancy too, and many women say they had their best pregnancies and labors staying keto! I'm gonna try  :#

@legallykate that's awesome! We should try to keep each other accountable :smiley:
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @TeacherMom2517 that's interesting, I'll have to check those groups out!! I have PCOS so low carb is best for me. I dropped about 25lbs since the end of August and I really don't want to gain as much as I did with DS and I'm a couple lbs more than I was when I got KU with him. So today was a wash out, I was puking last night so today only carbs seemed appealing. Maybe tomorrow o can get back into it!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @TeacherMom2517 @ecwk I am definitely down for a keto/low carb accountability group. I gained 12 lbs in like a month after my August wedding going off keto and just lost it all and don't want to immediately gain a bunch again in first tri. Keto works for me because it is so strict, I am really bad at doing things in moderation! But I want to make sure I have my OB's approval to stay fairly low carb. 
    *TTC History*

• ::invites self to all of your houses for dinner::

I keep meaning to stick to meal planning and I do great for about a month and then stop.  I hate trying to figure out dinner every night.

• @msmonalisavito Have you done freezer meals? I found when being out really late every night it was super easy. I would take 1 day a month and make like 12 different meals (I was single), then pull 1-2 out every week and chow down on left overs. It wasn't a bunch of variety, but it made dinner simple and all I had to do was 'grab a good looking' bag from the freezer every night. 

• @msmonalisavito Have you done freezer meals? I found when being out really late every night it was super easy. I would take 1 day a month and make like 12 different meals (I was single), then pull 1-2 out every week and chow down on left overs. It wasn't a bunch of variety, but it made dinner simple and all I had to do was 'grab a good looking' bag from the freezer every night. 
    I haven't really tried them because I've always worried that after being frozen, the food would end up soggy/watery.  

• About to go grocery shopping. I’m in a rut, this is basically what we’ve been eating every week for a month!

Today: beef stew with butternut squash and carrots (crock pot)
    Tomorrow: Buffalo chicken (chicken, butter, and buffalo sauce in the crock pot) and celery 
    Thursday: Grilled chicken salad
    Friday-Saturday I’m out of town.
    Sunday: Breakfast for dinner? 
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @msmonalisavito I haven't had that problem. I only have them in my freezer for 4-6 weeks though. 

• @msmonalisavito I haven't had that problem. I only have them in my freezer for 4-6 weeks though. 
    Maybe I'll give it another go.   There are some recipes from Pioneer Woman I'm dying to try.

• I’m so jealous of all this meal stuff. Everything is making me gag so I couldn’t get it together on Sunday to come up with anything. Y’all are making me want to do better next week! 
  • @msmonalisavito I freezer meal prepped like a BOSS with our first.  I literally filled up our entire chest freezer and the meals lasted beyond my 3 month maternity leave.  It was so great to not have to worry about cooking all the time.  We actually just ate the last of the freezer meals this weekend (a breakfast bake), and it was totally fine.  None of the meals I had were soggy or freezer burnt at all.  Just be careful to wrap everything tightly with foil.  
  • We are huge leftover people (definitely taking advantage of eating the same meal 3 days in a row while DD doesn't notice/complain!), so here's our menu for the week:

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday: Lasagna and Salad

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday:  Pulled Pork Sandwiches and Salad (or if the salad runs out, roasted cauliflower)

Saturday:  Probably pancakes (we use Kodiak Cakes Protein mix)

• @msmonalisavito I freezer meal prepped like a BOSS with our first.  I literally filled up our entire chest freezer and the meals lasted beyond my 3 month maternity leave.  It was so great to not have to worry about cooking all the time.  We actually just ate the last of the freezer meals this weekend (a breakfast bake), and it was totally fine.  None of the meals I had were soggy or freezer burnt at all.  Just be careful to wrap everything tightly with foil.  
    Ummm that's pretty amazing!! I would love to do this this time around, especially now that I have a toddler who clings to my legs and basically makes cooking impossible if I am alone with him!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk Do it! All I did was double the things I was already making for dinner and freeze one of them.  I chose recipes for each meal that I thought would freeze well.  It was so easy and SO worth it.  I actually doubled the lasagna I made on Sunday and froze one.  It wasn't intended for pregnancy/leave purposes, but now I'm glad I started another stash!
  • @ecwk DO IT!!!!! Get a group together, we did young moms from church. Once we had 5-6 of us we each submitted a family fave recipe, and had one person volunteer to 'covert' the recipes to freezer/crockpot meals. Then we each went shopping for the list (we later did a huge list for everyone and hit Winco/costco then split cost). Then when the men had kids on one Saturday, we sat down and each did our meals. 

• I just bought a bunch of pre-made frozen meals, lasagna, pizza, etc. because that’s just how lazy I am. I’ll probably do the same this time.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I’m cooking a lot this week bc dh is off (so it’s easier to focus when he’s home too - kids), and im hoping to get some meals in the freezer for when exhaustion kicks in plus holiday craziness. And as such I needed to make room (so I’m making a turkey lol)

Sat: Chicken thighs and potato and chorizo thing
    Sunday: meatloaf (double batch and froze half unbaked)
    monday: homemade pizza
    Tues: Chicken broccoli rice casserole (doubled/froze)
    wed: turkey (assuming its thawed in time... maybe for make it thurs instead)
    thus: tortilla soup (yup, doubled then I freeze Indiv portions)
    fri: spaghetti and meatballs (making extra meatballs)
    sat: Chicken tenders Parmesan 
    sun: turkey tamale pie which I’ve made before but now can’t find the recipe... 

next week will be way less lol

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Cracking up bc I posted before reading and clearly we are all on the same wave length!

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Will share any recipes requested 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w