July 2018 Moms
Options

FTM Check-in 11/28

How far along are you?

How are things going?

Appointments upcoming/recent?

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: Are you sending holiday cards this week/season?
NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: FTM Check-in 11/28

• Options
    How far along are you? 7 +6

How are things going?
    Good! Fatigue is increasing, but I can nap whenever, so that helps.

Appointments upcoming/recent? Just a quick dental cleaning next month.

Rants/Raves/Questions? ZITS. I told DH that my face and breasts are out of control because we didn't know each other as teenagers, so my body is showing him what he missed in 1999. Luckily now I know about The Body Shop's Tea Tree Mask.

GTKY: Are you sending holiday cards this week/season? Yes! I am a hardcore card sender, already sent 50+. DH and I both have blended families, so at least 30 of the cards are going to family all over the country, then the rest to friends that we treat as family who are all over the world :grin:

Anniversary
  • Options
    How far along are you? 5 + 2

How are things going?
    Going well. Always tired though. I would sneak into the wellness room for a nap but so many ladies recently had babies here at work so there is always someone pumping away.

Appointments upcoming/recent? First visit is tomorrow! So excited :)

Rants/Raves/Questions? @echocharlietango I am with you on the zits. It doesn't stop. Especially the awful obviously hormonal ones along the jaw line.

GTKY: Are you sending holiday cards this week/season? Ugh, I don't even know. We'll try.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    7 + 2

How are things going?
    Good- I’m just tired like @echocharlietango and @nimmle  

i have my first blood test and early Glucose test on saturday- I’m nervous about the Glucose one- my mom had gestational diabetes and has diabetes now. So it’s a concern I’ve had since before becoming pregnant.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Snarky lurkers on well meaning posts. Been driving me nuts!

We are so bad! We never do! Maybe softer we have children that will become a tradition! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7+2

How are things going?
    Pretty good.  Just getting anxious.

Appointments upcoming/recent? I have my first appointment Dec 19th.  The earliest they could get me in was Dec 7th, but I will be in Europe starting the 6th. I am not thrilled they couldn't fit me in before I leave, but oh well.

Rants/Raves/Questions? People in general are irritating me... mostly while I am driving

I have a box of cards I meant to send out last year, so I might work on those at some point.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @catftm2018 I have my FX for you on the glucose test. Hopefully everything works out ok.
  • Options
    purplepelicanpurplepelican member
    edited November 2017
    How far along are you? 5+6

How are things going? 
    Exhausted. Hungry but also nauseated now. Oh and I've been having hot flashes and night sweats. I feel like crap, but I'm actually really happy to have so many symptoms. It's reassuring. As someone on the PAIF thread said, since my body had so much trouble conceiving this child, I don't exactly trust it to carry the baby to term. 

Appointments upcoming/recent? U/S yesterday showed a gestational sac with a yolk sac in it, so I'm pregnant, the baby is in my uterus, and there's only one baby. Multiples were a possibility because of multiple follicles when I triggered. My next ultrasound is 2 weeks from yesterday to hopefully see this little baby's heartbeat. I feel like I'll be able to relax more and enjoy pregnancy more once I see the heartbeat. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? My tolerance level for other people has dropped down to about ZERO now that I'm feeling constantly nauseated. So I feel you on that, @KSMcClary . Also everyone at MH's small work party (like 5 other people) on Friday is totally going to know I'm KU. He went to the doctor's appointment with me yesterday, which is HIGHLY unusual for him, so they must think the appointment was about something serious. And then I'll show up to a Christmas party on Friday looking either starving or nauseated and not drinking. 

GTKY: Are you sending holiday cards this week/season? We've actually never sent out cards. Once the baby is born (power of positive thinking - this baby WILL be born), maybe we'll do cards next year.

ETA: @catftm2018 I'll bee keeping my fx for you as well! I'm at a high risk of developing gestational diabetes because I have insulin resistant PCOS. Here's hoping that neither of us has to go through that!

@KSMcClary I'm jealous of your Europe trip! Where are you going?
  • Options
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow @nimmle!

I hope all goes well with your glucose test on Saturday @catftm2018

@KSMcClary I second jealousy over this Euro trip! Sorry it is pushing your appointment back, but I hope you have a fantastic time.

@beanship Seeing the heartbeat definitely helps to alleviate some of the anxiety. It's tough now, but it will get easier.

How far along are you? 7+2

How are things going? 
    Pretty good. Aside from being tired all the damn time I feel great. We finally spilled the beans to our parents on Thanksgiving, which helped to kind of make things feel more real.

Appointments upcoming/recent? I go back for what may be my final round of bloodwork and ultrasound with the RE on Friday! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? While I'm excited to be able to make the transition from RE to OB I am also a little worried that not having these weekly checks are going to cause my anxiety to pick up again. 

GTKY: Are you sending holiday cards this week/season? We have never sent out cards, but maybe that will change once there is a kid involved too. 
    Me: 32 DH:33
    Married 9/2015
    TTC #1 6/2016
    BFP: 4/21/2017 - CP
    Dx Unexplained IF 6/2017
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI 7/2017 - Cancelled (overstimulated)
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #1 - BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #2 -BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI#3 - BFP! EDD July 15 2018
    Baby Girl H - July 22 2018

• Options
    @Pinky917 we told my parents on Thanksgiving too! We had a onesie and a sonogram wrapped in an old navy shirt box! How did you tell your family!?

and thank you for the well wishes on saturday!
  • Options
     @catftm2018 We had gotten each set of parents a book called "The Gift of Being Grand" and just handed them a gift bag. I think there was a decent amount of confusion at first ha ha
    Me: 32 DH:33
    Married 9/2015
    TTC #1 6/2016
    BFP: 4/21/2017 - CP
    Dx Unexplained IF 6/2017
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI 7/2017 - Cancelled (overstimulated)
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #1 - BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #2 -BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI#3 - BFP! EDD July 15 2018
    Baby Girl H - July 22 2018

• Options
    How far along are you? 6+2

How are things going?
    Meh...just went to the bathroom and am spotting. Even though I know this is totally normal, I've had 2 prior mc, so I'm scared. Semi sore boobs, a bit of bloating, exhausted.

Appointments upcoming/recent? Next Wednesday

Rants/Raves/Questions? How do you stop being scared of a mc? I'm trying so very hard not to think poorly. My doctor did tell me via email this morning that she thought my hcg levels were quite high, so another test wouldnt be needed. Just. scared.

GTKY: Are you sending holiday cards this week/season? I'm not. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    How far along are you?
    8 + 5
    How are things going?

Nauseous af most of the time, but I hate throwing up, so if the nausea is as much as I'm getting right now, I guess I'll take it. And always tired. 
    First appointment next Tuesday. Excited, nervous, scared, all the feelings about it. Took the day off work because I'm not sure what my mood will be like after that!
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Zero patience for stupid. None. Oh well! Other than that my breasts still hurt like crazy, reduced to tears when I take the bra off at night, and I think I'm already going to need to go bra shopping, and probably shirt shopping. Everything that used to be a little risque is now downright vulgar! Haha!
    We never do. We have boxes and boxes from years ago when we always planned on it, never happened, so we don't even pretend anymore! :D
  • Options
    @MrsMiller8588 I am not sure it they will make me take another later on- great question! I’m just focusing on hoping the test goes well this weekend. I’ve been eating well and exercising so I hope it goes well. 

Also so I hear you on the work front- some days I’m too exhausted to explain my gripes!

@zombiehoohaa I am not sure about the MC answer, I can tell you I will be thinking lots of positive vibes for you and your little one. I know it’s super scary right now, but just try to hang in there and lean on us whenever you need. 

@noideawhatshesdoing I felt the same way before my first appointment- it’s good you are taking the day off- this way you aren’t stressing to get back to Work or leave work early! For my first app I went to work right after and I got almost nothing done- it would have been nice to go home and just relax. 
  • Options
    Oh and @MrsMiller8588 2016 is not too long ago! Especially if you absolutely loved the picture! It would help if you didn’t post it all over fb already! But either way! I say do what you want to do!

• Options
    First off, I just want to say how happy I am to see a FTM board!! I have no idea what this crazy ride will have in store - and look forward to sharing that with other folks in the same boat!

On mobile, so gonna free-form format :)

How far along? 7w6d 

How are things going? Slowly! I did IVF, so there have been lots of milestones to just get here.

Upcoming Appts: u/s today and saw the heartbeat! Now I need to find an Ob and schedule. Not a small task in NYC where some are already full.

Rants/Raves/Questions: the board organization debate is highly amusing. College sorority deja vu for this old biddy.

GTNY - cards: we’ve been married since 2009 and never sent cards. I’m thinking 2018 will be the year. FX
  • Options
    How far along are you? 8 + 3

How are things going?
     Great! Feeling tired and miss caffeine but no morning sickness

My first appt is next wednesday!! So excited/nervous. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I don't want my boobs and vagina to be ruined 
    :s I have been obsessively lathering cocobutter on my knockers to avoid stretch marks. Also, I'm a student and its Dead Week and all I want to do is sleep and all of my grades have slipped since I found out I'm pregnant because it's all I want to think about now :# 

Yes! I don't usually, but my husband and I just got married in September and returned from our honeymoon around the time we conceived, so we are going to combine our wedding "Thank You's" with our "Holiday Greetings" and our subtle "BTW we're pregnant" all in one card. I'll be 12 weeks just before Christmas so it's perfect timing. 3 birds, 1 stone. "Hi merry christmas, thank you for your contribution to our honeymoon, we brought home a permanent souvenir, ETA July '18"

• Options
    @lavillard Your holiday card combo idea is so cute (and practical!)
  • Options
     @nimmle Somehow I missed that your first appointment is tomorrow! Good luck!

@Pinky917 I feel the same way about leaving the RE. If all looks good after my US in 2 weeks I'll graduate to my OB. I like having the more frequent checkups. I'm going to see if I can weasel a few extra checkups out of my OB. Couldn't hurt to ask - all she can do is say no and reassure me. 

@zombiehoohaa I wish I knew how to make the fear go away.  I've got my therapist on Thursday, so I'll report back with any strategies she gives me.

@pretzellover Yay for a heartbeat! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 6w2d - (my estimate)

How are things going? 
    Great! Haven't had very bad symptoms yet and my fiance has been amazing and is so excited! 

Appointments upcoming/recent? First appointment isn't until 12/6 - we are so anxious! I'm hoping this will help calm my nerves. Our pregnancy was earlier than we planned so I want to make sure everything is on track.

Rants/Raves/Questions? No complaints yet!

GTKY: Are you sending holiday cards this week/season? Ha! We have had a collection we've been meaning to send out for years so maybe this year!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7+1

How are things going? 
    Overall, okay! I didn't get sick today so that's a win! Yesterday, the struggle was real! The fatigue is rough! I have been taking my lunch break and sleeping in my car!
  • Options
    I'm so excited for this board @echocharlietango! May I ask where your username is from? So cool
    Congrats on all the happy news and to those who have spilled the beans:)
    @zombiehoohaa positive thoughts for you and the babe, spotting can be totally normal. I'm sorry about the fear of another mc, I had a chemical pregnancy last year and I also have been wayyyy too anxious about it all.

How far along are you? 8w3d

How are things going? 
    Sore boobs pretty much aaaaall the time. I teach fitness classes so it's quite funny to see me (not) jumping, lol. Nausea has been very bearable. Most days not even there. Fatigue is REAL! I go to sleep so early, it's quite amazing. I've had acne on my chin on and off for years and even though now that area is nice and clear I have a zit in the middle of one of my cheeks, lovely! Feeling already better compared to two weeks ago and currently getting more and more hungry (with the various food aversions).

Appointments upcoming/recent? Saw the babe at 6w with a tiny heartbeat. OB dismissed me for 4 weeks with " you're low risk, see ya in December!". But I'm a hypochondriac, so today I went and got an ultrasound at a lab that a lot of midwives use around here, and the lady was so nice! Got to see the babe again and a heartbeat at 176, all for $50. I'm going to Wyoming for work next week and this is my peace of mind!

Rants/Raves/Questions? No rants yet, I've been surprisingly pretty calm these days!

GTKY: Are you sending holiday cards this week/season? Are you kidding? We JUST Sent our thank you cards after our wedding, LOL. We got pregnant on our honeymoon ;) so holiday cards will have to wait next year!

• Options
    @kissableviv us too! I havent sent our thank you cards out yet though (master procrastinator) so I'm doubling them up as holiday cards. That's so cool you were able to go to a lab for an u/s and it was only $50a! How did you find out about it? I would totally drop $50 to get a quicker u/s. I'm so impatient and anxious!
  • Options
    @lavillard I researched on Yelp and this place had perfect reviews and also the lady has some medical background. They specialize in "peace of mind" ultrasound and in between visits and they work with midwives since they usually don't have the same equipment obs have. I got a deal for 2 u/s so I plan to use the next one whenever I feel like seeing my babe again! They also do 3d/4d u/s and you can bring your family, that's a bit too much for me but I'm so glad I went! Maybe there's a similar place in your area? 
  • Options
    First appointment pretty uneventful. Just a lot of drawing blood. Ultrasound in 2 weeks. 
  • Options
    I just googled "ultrasound boutique (my city's name)" and found one that will let you see the heartbeat for $50, so I bet there are lots of places like this! 
  • Options
    I am a day behind, been sick the past couple of days, but I'll catch up now!

How far along are you? 
    7w6d

How are things going?
    Pretty good. Told parents over the Thanksgiving weekend, all of which are very excited!

Appointments upcoming/recent? Had my prenatal coordinator visit yesterday, picked out my family medicine provider, Doppler, and labs done. NP wasn't able to see baby, but everything else was there. She was trying for awhile, but told me not to worry, usually it is pretty hard to find at 7w5d. Next appointment is on 12-06-17 for my dating ultrasound, and 01-05-18 with doctor.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I am loving my bio-oil and Palmer's lotion (been using since I got my first BFP), with it being cold my skin drys out very quickly. I use the bio-oil and Palmer's at night, and the next morning just Palmer's. All over the place: stomach, legs, back, sides, boobs, you name it! The both seem to calm the skin, and make everything less irritable! So hoping starting early helps lessen the chance of stretch marks, but we will see.

GTKY: Are you sending holiday cards this week/season? No we won't be. Maybe next year ;)
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • Options
    I'm so excited for this board @echocharlietango! May I ask where your username is from? So cool
    It's just my initials, scrambled, in the NATO phonetic alphabet. I used to work in aviation, and my husband is a pilot, so phonetic alphabets and numbers are normal household occurrences. Oh...I need to start looking for kids' NATO posters!!

@ajsanders-2 I like your "no stretchmarks" routine! I just lube up after showers. I have adult eczema (awesome), and right now I have some serious dandruff too (sexy), so I only wash up every 2nd or 3rd day. After a good lather I drench myself in apricot/coconut oil and it keeps my skin happy. I'm also a crazy person who drinks collagen, so I hope that I'm doing everything I can to stave off the tiger stripes!

Anniversary
  • Options
    @ajsanders-2 Was your US transvaginal or transabdominal? I'm just curious because my next US is at 7+5 and will be transvaginal and I'm wondering if the different types of US are more/less sensitive this early. 
  • Options
    @ajsanders-2 also you said they used a Doppler- where they able to pick up a hb this early?
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    @echocharlietango - Usually I do shower at night, that's when I lube up the most. Makes the skin happy!
    @beanship - It was a trans-abdominal. 
    @MrsMiller8588 - She had a little bedside US. Didn't hear a HB, but that's okay. Hopefully the next one I'll get to see everything! Only downside of being seen early. You expect to see or hear something, but then you don't. So hopefully next week everything will be view able. haha
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • Options
    I am so glad to have found the first time board! 
    I am currently 6 weeks along today. 

My first official ultrasound is wednesday 12/6. We had one last week after an ER visit for extreme abdominal pain which was due to a suspected ovarian cyst rupture. I am hopeful we see a heartbeat and that everything is progressing the way it should be. Our RE didnt seem too concerned but I am an anxious one. 

No major rants or raves. I have been lucky that I don't have MS yet but I also wish I had more symptoms so I could feel more at ease. 

No holiday cards for us this year but hoping 2018 can start a tradition for us

Looking forward to this journey with all of you