Infertility
Options

Hi! Introducing myself (loss mentioned)

Hi everyone, I'm new to the board and am looking forward to all the support I've found here so far. 
A little about me and my story...
I'm 32, my DH is 41. We have been TTC for about 2.5 years. I've been seeing an RE for a year now. Part of our struggles have been do to hormone imbalances I have. I've been taking meds since January to regulate them. I also have endometriosis which has caused one of my Fallopian tubes to close because of adhesions.
We conceived this past spring without any intervention except my medication, but lost the baby at 8.5 weeks in June. We have been trying on our own since, but have had no luck and decided to finally go ahead with IUI. I just finished 5 days of clomid this week and am supposed to take my ovidrel trigger tonight, with my first IUI procedure scheduled for Sunday morning. I'm so nervous! Any words of encouragement would be appreciated!!

Re: Hi! Introducing myself (loss mentioned)

• Options
    Hi! Welcome to the community! Sorry that IF brought you hear, but I think you will find a lot of support. Looks like we are on the same cycle, I also trigger tonight and have my IUI on Sunday morning! This will be my fifth, don't be nervous, its quick and easy. The hardest part is the two week wait afterwards. Thinking positive thoughts for you, hopefully we can both get BFP this month :smile:
  • Options
    @smittyswifey Welcome! My wife and I will be using IUI to TTC starting this month (if our insurance decides not to screw us over).  This is a great place to find support through this difficult time.  Sending you good wishes for your first (and hopefully only) IUI! xo

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @smittyswife   Welcome. Sorry to hear about your loss and that you find yourself here..unfortunately we’re that straight to IVF couple so no advice here on IUIs. FX for you this weekend.
  • Options
    Thank you!! I'm sure the next two weeks are going to be torture. Glad to know I'm not alone! Good luck to you!
  • Options
    GL today!!!  I am sorry for your loss. ❤  We were also straight to ivf based on our dx, but fx iui is the answer for you!!!! So exciting!
  • Options
    Hi and welcome. I know someone who was successful with one IUI when conceiving her 2nd even though she required IVF (several rounds) for her 1st so anything is possible in my opinion. Fx for you!
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion