November 2017 Moms

FTM Check-In - 11/15

2»

Re: FTM Check-In - 11/15

• hi team!  i'm pulling up the rear with an EDD of november 30th and am kinda sporadic in my posting!

For those Mama's still awaiting the arrival of their LO:
    1) How far along are you? 
    39 weeks tomorrow!
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?  had my meeting with my midwife and it was pretty standard.  baby is still in position (i had to have an ecv two weeks ago after baby was shifting between transverse and breech ... feel so lucky that it was successful and he has decided to stay where he should!).  he hasn't dropped/engaged yet - but am hoping this will happen soon.
    3) Cravings/symptoms?  acid reflux, insomnia and t-rex claws that hurt so bad when i wake up! 
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?  today was my final day of work and it is SO surreal/exciting/odd!
    5) Anything else you want to add/ask?  any last minute tips as to things that i should really, really great ready now?  or things to do that i may have overlooked? 
    6) GTKY - Do you have any last date-night plans with your SO or family?  hopefully fitting in another brunch with my significant other and catching up with girlfriends over coffee until my little bambino is born.

all of your updates are so amazing and it is so exciting to see all the new births !!!!!!!
  • @whatwillanndo Oh my gosh, my hands hurt so much when I wake up too! It's been getting really bad over the past couple of weeks. Glad your ECV was successful. I'm sure you will drop soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm still here too, my due date is tomorrow, still no contractions... I have an appointment tomorrow and will probably ask about a stretch and sweep, I would love to be one of those people that just wait but I want to meet this girl and get the party started lol.
  • fingers crossed for some movement @Knottie19640588
    the fingers thing is so painful eh @YesOuiCan !!!!  hoping it fades soon after labour
  • Good luck with the induction @NYTino24

i on hour 11 of the cervadil. Hopefully when they check me in one more hour we can progress to pitocin. Having contractions but nothing consistent and they are tolerable still 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Good luck @NYTino24 and thank you!
  • @DungeonTrollMel FX it progresses, I know the frustration of stalled labor and hopefully it moves along quickly ao you can meet your little one!
  • Had the stretch and sweep today! I was 1cm dialated and 50% effaced but baby is still high!  Time for a long walk and some bouncing.

Good luck @NYTino24 and @DungeonTrollMel - you ladies got this!!

@dragonfly87-2 Zoey is absolutely gorgeous! Congrats!!
  • Water broke at 4 am. Maybe another dose of Cytotec since I'm still closed...
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 FX you progress soon! 
  • @NYTino24 hope your induction goes faster than mine. Still at 5, water intact, contractions stalling on max pitocin 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• @DungeonTrollMel ugh so sorry to hear that. Are you on an epidural? I was not wanting one at first, but my cervix finally started dilating once I was relaxed and on an epidural. Up until that point, even with pitocin, I was stuck at 1cm for about 7hrs. 
  • @NYTino24 I have been thinking about you all day....I hope everything went well with the induction and that you are so busy snuggling your little boy, you don't have time to update/post a birth announcement!
  • @Knottie19640588

how did you find the stretch n sweep?  i'll be 40 weeks on thursday and have an appointment on my midwife tuesday.  last appointment they offered it but i declined ... i have a really hard time with pap smears, etc and find them very triggering - but i also am quite keen for my bambino to come soon! 
  • @whatwillanndo If you find pap smears triggering, I'd personally recommend avoiding the cervix check as well as membrane sweep. My first cervix check last week was very rough and upsetting for me and caused a large amount of bleeding all day. I will also add, though, that I had a second check today which was much better, and I know many people don't really have discomfort with these checks at all. I only agreed to today's check because I was hoping for a sweep in order to avoid the medical induction I have scheduled in a few days, but I wasn't dilated enough to continue with the sweep. Also, just FYI, the sweep is only effective about 25% of the time and my midwife today said it's most effective when you get multiple sweeps done. It's obviously a very personal decision, but just know that it definitely feels more invasive than a pap smear as they are using their hand rather than a swab.

And just a general check-in while I'm here... :) So glad that more beautiful babies have been arriving over the past few days! Mine is not showing any signs of wanting to come out. Seems happy to just sit in there and keep growing. I had an ultrasound this morning and got to see its sweet little face very clearly! It's so chubby. Unfortunately my practice is insisting on induction this Friday morning (41 weeks exactly) if baby doesn't arrive by then. I'm disappointed and really don't want all these drugs pumped into me and my baby, but I understand and I know it will ultimately be fine. It's just not what I hoped for at all.
  • @yesouican thanks very much for your insight!  i am so back and forth, but think i may just wait it out.  i don't want bambino to be very late but i can't see myself coping well with being triggered.  i really don't want a medical induction!  choices chocies choices.  fingers crossed that your baby makes a move soon so that you can avoid this intervention <3<3<3

and yes, echoing that it is so great to see all these amazing & beautiful babies coming into the world!

• @whatwillanndo I am sorry, I am just seeing this now - went into labour on the 25 and had baby in the wee morning hours of the 27th. Not sure if you are still debating the stretch and sweep.. I find paps uncomfortable too and had a lot of bleeding the last time I got one. The stretch and sweep was not half as bad as I was expecting. I think it also helped that the midwife told me that I could tell her if it became too uncomfortable or I wanted her to stop. If you are still debating it maybe you could chat a bit with your practitioner about it making you uncomfortable and being able to say stop if you change your mind or it causes any type of discomfort?