Babies on the Brain
Options

Waiting Room Wednesday 11/29

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.***

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday!

You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons

TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

Are you benched or TTA?

What brings you here?

How long do you think you'll be here?

How have things been going?

Any R/R?

GTKY: I'm gonna go simple this week, what's your favorite color and why?
DS1 born 2/28/16
DS2 due 12/12/18

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday 11/29

• Options
    Are you benched or TTA?
    TTA

What brings you here?
    You lovely ladies and the good conversation :) 

Hopefully no later than April! There should be no reason we have to push it back any further!

Not bad this week! 

Any R/R?
    More of a random...potential TW** (easy pregnancy) - so Sunday was DHs bday...and we didn't use a condom. I haven't O'd yet, and if FF predictions are correct I won't until over the weekend if not early next week, which means we'd be in the clear. We conceived my son after losing my BCP for just two weeks (not trying), so I know DH is gonna be a little worried if I O in the next day or so. Though it would likely make our lives hell for a few months (because of finances!), a small part of me hopes we do get pregnant lol. **END TW

I love most shades of blue! Really deep blues, teal, light blue...I just always have. I find it to be a very relaxing color for me.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    diaphenadiaphena member
    edited November 2017
    I'm on mobile and stuck in the box!!

It's my last Waiting Room Wednesday, you guys! :)

Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? The company! 

How long do you think you'll be here? Just one more day - IUD removal is tomorrow.

How have things been going? Good! I'm excited and now that things are getting real I'm also a little anxious. Also a little nervous for the appt tomorrow **TMI warning** because my IUD strings are hiding all the way up in my uterus so the doc will have to do a hysteroscopy to get it out... Potentially painful but hopefully not too bad **TMI over**

Any R/R? Not really, I'm just excited. Haha :) I'm so glad I've had you all to talk to during this waiting period!

I love blue too! I'm surrounded by blue and teal right now in my office at work. It is a relaxing color and clients tell me all the time how calming it is.

Edit: typos

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay @diaphena !!! I hope your removal goes well and doesn’t hurt too much.

Are you benched or TTA?
    TTA

What brings you here?
    You ladies

May/June 2018

Pretty good. Stressing about the holidays.

Any R/R?
    Is the format for this post stolen from the TTGP benched/TTA thread? There’s a couple questions that seem obvious/redundant that we might consider changing.

I’m with @CecilB93 with the blues. I love the ocean, so I think that’s where it comes from. Lately my favorite color to wear is cranberry. It feels so festive without looking like Santa Claus.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @meggyme I think it was taken from TTGP. I'm thinking the "what brings you here" question could definitely go. And maybe even "benched/TTA" since I don't think any of us are here because of being benched? 

Definitely keep these three imo, any other questions we should ask?

When will do you think you will start TTC?

R/R (I feel like this covers "how are you feeling" for our purposes)

GTKY
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    I agree, I think those 3 questions pretty much cover everything.
  • Options
    i agree! i think that's sufficient. :) 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    I’ll start with the updated questions then! I agree they seemed a little redundant.

When will do you think you will start TTC? Hopefully end of May/June 2018

R/R: Still recovering from a cold from the Thanksgiving holiday, but I haven’t lost my voice this week so I guess that counts as both! I wouldn’t be able to teach much if I couldn’t talk ha

GTKY: My favorite color is turquoise/teal. I guess because it reminds me of the beach or ocean which is where I’d spend most of my time if I could!
  • Options
    Are you benched or TTA?
    I just got un-benched recently after an all clear from my endocrinologist (my OB signed off a while back) so we are all good, but I'm just going to TTA until Jan to get my head right after **TW the miscarriage **TW and feel good about TTC after that sadness. I'd also like to lose some more weight and finish the current (insane) show I'm working on.

What brings you here?
    Came back to hang out here **TW after a loss** and now I'm waiting until the new year to TTC again.

Until the beginning of Jan, but I may stick around here. Haven't decided whether or not to join TTGP, since we have a WTO/TWW thread here. Maybe I'll post in both?  

Oh man, I am limping along this week with my husband still very sick with pneumonia and a crazy pants week at work (we have two different episodes going to the network and I'm in charge of both of them!) I am in survival mode. I would look forward to having one weekend day to sleep in this weekend, but I'm sure my husband will need both of them!  Just gotta make it to Christmas break and I get a week off!

Any R/R?
    I guess I covered it all in how have things been going, haha.

I seriously don't have one. I've never really had one. I have a genre of colors I like if that makes sense?  I love bold colors and dislike pastels, but I really don't have a specific fave.

@diaphena Hope your IUD removal goes okay and that it's not too painful!

• Options
    Thanks @meggyme and @maureenmce. I'm sure it will be fine, even if it does hurt it should be very quick.

@CecilB93 If you do get pregnant this cycle, then obviously it was just meant to be :)

@dogmomma271 Hope you feel better fast!

@maureenmce Glad you got the go-ahead from your endocrinologist, and that you've come up with a timeline that works for you! Hope your DH feels better soon and you get a chance to get some rest yourself as well.
  • Options
    @diaphena so far we're 3 days out from DTD and all negative OPKs, so that little irrational part of me that hopes it just happens is losing hope, lol. We really do need to wait, unfortunately we wouldn't be able to afford two in daycare, but I couldn't quit my job either...so it wouldn't be a good situation :/
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @diaphena - My last week too, good luck! 
    @maureenmce - pneumonia? Yikes! I hope your husband feels better soon.

When will do you think you will start TTC? Next week  :o

R/R: Like diaphena, I am happy but nervous that it's finally time for us to extend our family. However, I found out that two of our couple-friends are having some marriage issues and they have a very, very young son together - it just has me freaked out. You make marriage vows to someone and they are your world, but then a few years later that all changes - It can, and does, happen, but that doesn't make it any less sad. Is there a word for the opposite of the warm fuzzies? Cold scratchies? Whatever it is, is affecting me. 

Can I also say that I just found out I don't get paid holidays for my firs 6 months of employment and it has me perturbed. I thought I was just ineligible for accruing vacation the first 6 months. That means no pay for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years. 

GTKY: If you ask me my favorite color, I will, without hesitation, say green. Though I have noticed my wardrobe consists of mostly reds, and if something isn't available in a pleasing-to-me shade of green, blue is my runner up choice. 
  • Options
    @kimberbeep that’s crazy about your holiday pay! Is it full time? Is that even legal?
  • Options
    @meggyme - I thought it sounded weird but I asked my manager and she confirmed. I do also have "rights" to create timesheets for others, so I pulled up someone else who is new and they also didn't get paid for Thursday. It's definitely a bummer. 
  • Options
    @diaphena good luck!
  • Options
    @kimberbeep I'm in a similar boat! I didn't get paid for the last Statutory holiday. I looked it up and it's because I hadn't been here for 30 days prior. Okay.. then I kept reading and saw that for any stat you need to work the days leading up and post to receive pay. I took the few days between Christmas and New years off (unpaid because No holidays the first 3 months of employment) and that means I'll also not be getting paid for stats. ugh.

When: uhm either next week, or cycle after (January).

R/R: Can't believe it's almost time to start trying. We are so excited to start but worried about finding a time that's right and will be good for us. I'm such a mess with decisions.

GTKY: anything pink!
  • Options
    @kristah2 I was the same way when we started ttc for our first. I used to wish I were less consistent with my BC so I wouldn’t have to make the decision of “now I’m ready to be a parent”. It’s a lot to take on, but everyone is making it up as they go. Good luck!