TTC after 35

TTCA 35 Weekly check in: 11/27/17

2»

Re: TTCA 35 Weekly check in: 11/27/17

• @vlagrl29 Darn it!! I’m sorry for the BFN. 

SO dropped his semen analysis off this morning!! YAY! Things are beginning to move! Now FX that insurance clears the ICSI before my AF starts. I’m going to call my financial coordinator today at the clinic and see if I can call the insurance company to maybe get things moving?? 
  • thanks ladies guess my cycle just wanted to jack with my mind this month - hopefully it doesn't do it next cycle.  Lesson learned to not think of much during the TWW even when you get random spotting a week before AF.

@ndz2018 - Her name is Lucky and we got her end of August.  We also have a 9 yo named Gabby.  Both are mini schnauzers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • So not the best news from my nurse. So SOs analysis was still low but they couldn’t see the motility or morph for some reason, she was feeding me so much information at once i asked her to put it in an email. Long story short if insurance doesn’t approve the next semen analysis sooner we’re going to have to wait till Jan. I’m super bummed 
  • I'm so sorry @ndz2018 what about paying oop for that one. Would it help and keep you on track for Ivf?
  • @vlagrl29 Maybe!!! She is going to speak to the dr and finance person and we will know tomorrow. I will def ask about the OOP! 
    I just had invisioned this all happening this month, the egg retrieval , the surgery so we would be able to move forward in the new year. I’ll talk to SO tonight to see what we would be comfortable paying OOP. As we still have to fork over the $5200 for PGS testing, cryo, and biopsy. 
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited November 2017
    @ndz2018 sometimes its just so much easier not going thru insurance cause you don't have to deal with the BS.  That said when my DH had the SA last year we paid a cash price of $90.  We didn't have it frozen though.  The cash price is always cheaper than the insurance price so ask for that.  It would be worth it IMO to keep the ball rolling for your mental sanity.

I told DH I tested this morning and it was neg and then I've since had a little spotting.  He was disappointed too. blah!  The SA he had last year the RE center that did it said everything looked good but I was thinking of getting the report sent to me and get a real good look at the numbers.  Here I go again looking for anything that might explain SOMETHING - damn it!
  • @vlagrl29 I’ll do $90 all day!! The nurse has to call me tomorrow ... SOs prolactin level was also low. She said she was going to speak to the Dr and fincance girl ... I will shoot an email to our finance coordinator to ask how much, if insurance says no I will totally do it OOP if it’s $90! Omg you just made me feel sooooo much better!!  
    edited November 2017
    Girl I'm always asking cash prices @ndz2018 !  That's what we will have to do if we see and RE next year.  Cash price please :)  An SA is SO much cheaper than all the testing we as females have to do.  CD3 if insurance doesn't cover it would have been $1300 for me.

So does an RE test your DHs hormones too?  I'd be curious in that.  I just thought all they ever had to do was deposit in the cup.
  • @vlagrl29 Yes she ran a hormone tests on him about a week ago, but we also had those test done about 6 months ago at the urologists and everything was normal then.
    Also I just Spoke to my finance coordinator who I love now BTW and she was like, ummmm I had Nothing to submit this morning so make the appointment :) I feel so much better! I also asked how much it would be OOP and it’s $150. I said if insurance won’t cover it let me know and I’ll pay for it. we also have to wait for the SA to get the ICSI approved we both said if insurance doesn’t get back to them in two days that we’ll double team them and both call to see if we can get a move on! Love her! 
  • I'm glad you have someone that you really like @ndz2018 - I called the RE office we had DHs SA done just to get a ballpark of how much everything would cost and damn it's not cheap!!  I may have to beg my OB for monitoring because it would be cheaper but I don't know if they and comfortable monitoring clomid cycles.  I also went ahead and had my naturopath put in an order to have AMH tested.  I was not going to but I think the result of that may factor in if we go to an RE next year.  I had to get my blood test rescheduled for Monday.  Tomorrow morning DH and I are going to sign up for a new health ins plan next year.  Here's the cost of what an RE would cost us:

consult - $300 with U/S $288
    Femara cycles - $288 for 1 U/S possibly 2 cost of meds as well
    IUI cycles - $955 plus $200 for meds
    AND we'd have to have all bloodwork taken again which is more $$
  • Because I like to have plans in place I called the OB office that will be in our network for next year and made a consult appt for Jan 16.  The lady I talked to on the phone said she didn't see why they wouldn't monitor me on clomid but I can talk to the Dr about that in dept when I see her.  So as it stands now 2 more natural cycles then we would try clomid with monitored cycles in Feb.  I feel like my body should be really healthy by then with all the supplements I've been taking so it will be ready - hopefully not twin ready eek.  They usually don't recommend more than 6 months of clomid - maybe we would do 1 IUI at that point then call it quits.
  • @vlagrl29 Well let’s hope that you’re KU’d by then!!! 
  • @vlagrl29 So each IUI would cost you almost $1200? And if you guys switch insurances can you look for one that has coverage? 
    edited November 2017
    Yep @ndz2018. We have no fertility coverage. So if it got to iui I would check out a few other clinics to see all the price ranges. But the easiest bet is to get the OB to monitor clomid cycles with an u/s and cd21 draw. That's the only way I'm ok doing it. And yes I hope I'm KU by then too! But that will make a full year of TTCAL. This was our 10th cycle.

we are with a plan on the ACA. None of the plans have fertility coverage. So if it got to where we needed iui I guess we could look for a plan outside the marketplace but we'd have to factor in the cost of premiums and see if it'd be worth it. Baby steps.
  • @vlagrl29 I’m really hoping you don’t have to
    go there!  I cant believe how majority of our lives we are trying to prevent it .. my first pregnancy was a totally shock! I was on BCP , I was Also 18( so I’m sure i forgot to take a pill or two) but it ended and I figured it was meant to be. This seriously BLOWS now that I want to and it’s straight to IVF
  • yes this nurse I was talking to said to just go on birth control to get pregnant.  she was on the nuvaring and was on antibiotics and got pregnant.  I was like - uh no I'm not going on BC. @ndz2018   DD was so easy - it only took 1 month.
  • @vlagrl29 HA! I may have to go on BC if this insurance doesn’t clear in time.. only for a few days but I cant Remember the last time I was on it. 
  • It's been 5 years for me @ndz2018 - I don't care for it which is why I got off of it.  It messes with my hormones too much.
  • @vlagrl29 Me too! I hated being on it but if I got to go on it, I gotta go on it. I can feel that AF is coming so when I speak to my nurse today I may tell her to call it in just in case. Hopefully AF stays away for a few more days. 
  • well CD1 for me today right on time! gah!  At least with it starting on the first it's easy to count the days.  Talking to DH last night he doesn't mind how much it would cost with an RE for a couple cycles with clomid.  He said we'd make it work.  I get stressed with debt.  He also said he hopes it doesn't take long to get pg on medication cause he knows the more I'd be on it the more i'd get anxious which he is right.  I got that anxiety thing going for me.  He was glad I went ahead and made the appt with a new OB in Jan so we could get on the ball in Feb with monitored clomid with her.

I need to get some more fish oil today and call and make sure AMH test is covered by ins.  Hoping for a miracle this month ha!
  • Omg my nurse just called and left a message and said she’s leaving the practice and her last day is TODAY?!?? I’m super upset Bc I really Liked her. I’m wondering why this is the first time I’m hearing this, little pissed:
    @vlagrl29 That’s awesome you’re H is so supportive!
  • So I just spoke to her and they will be assigning me a new nurse ASAP, I’ll probably speak with her Monday let’s hope AF stay away till later next week so maybe our insurance will get authorized and i won’t have to start the BCP, i doubt it...it’s ready at the pharmacy for me to pick up so I’ll grab it just in case. 
  • @ndz2018 Ugh! I had the same thing happen to me! We took a small break and when I emailed 2 nurses, they were both gone! I really like them as well, but luckily the other girls were still at the office when I went in for MOC. I thought maybe it's the fresh start all around for a new year :) 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• :(@kristimh80 I’m super stress about this right now... I’m sure PMS isn’t helping
  • @ndz2018 try not to worry too much! I'm sure the new nurse is amazing. <3 I feel you on the PMS...the ugly witch will be here for me next week as well. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @kristimh80 OH glad to have a cycle buddy! It’s so hard for me when I cant Control the situation lol 
  • Just got a voicemail that we will be scheduling my surgery!! Waiting for a call back! 
  • I'm sure it will all be ok @ndz2018 - not like they are the doctor seeing you.

AFM - I got us enrolled with cigna for next year with a zero premium which amazing and it's a great plan too.

DH and I talked about saving that $200/month we pay in premium right now for fertility treatments if need be.

I went ahead and left a message for my new OBs nurse to find out in detail if they do all the ultrasounds with clomid like an RE does and if they offer femara instead.  Basically if they don't I'll get a referral for an RE from her and then make that apt for Jan as well.  Can you tell I like back up plans :)  Also I was talking to DH asking him if he wouldn't mind going back to the gym for health.
  • @vlagrl29 HA! I’m the same way and not just with this situation, with EVERYTHING! 

Me : Well if this doesn’t work we can always do this, That or this
    SO: whatever you want. 
    Me: Well is that ok? 
    SO: whatever you want 
    ME: do we have the money?
    SO: we’ll figure it out.
    Me : NO, I need TO KNOW!! 
    SO: then yes we have the money. 
     :D  :D:D
  • freaking so true @ndz2018
    I just heard back from my new OBs nurse and they don't monitor with u/s which I'm not cool with because of my anxiety.  Since everything inside me is working properly my anxiety would be thru the roof to take those meds without proper monitoring.  I'd prefer Femera anyways because I heard clomid can thin uterine lining. F that!
    So her nurse gave me the number of an RE they work with and I left a message to set up an appt for Jan.  Most likely I'll have all the cd3 bloodwork bs again and that will be in Feb.  SO we still have 2 months of natural TTC but then I will want to abstain from sex in Feb which DH will not agree with but I'm the one with the uterus and the late implantation and no way in HELL am I risking going thru loss hell again and blame etc.
  • @vlagrl29  Yeah I wouldnt Be cool with not being monitored either!! You’re making the right decision. Hey not for nothing but I’ve heard a ton of stories  of ladies getting KUd while waiting for their RE app! So hoping that’s you!
  • Thanks lady! @ndz2018 - gotta go with gut as it's never failed me and if we have to pay OOP for it a bit of peace of mind so be it!  That still gives me time to finish up with my naturopath this year and and on our timeline. I feel good about everything!  That $200 we would spend on health ins can go to the RE for monitored femara cycles.  I have my limitations too as I know IVF is not an option for us and if we actually reached 6 cycles of Femara with no luck maybe 1 IUI and then just be done with that and go back to natural ttc.
  • @vlagrl29 Let’s hope 2018 is our year!