Infertility

November 2017 IUI

2»

Re: November 2017 IUI

• Hi everyone. Just checking in and joining in the TWW. 

Since I took a second HCG injection after IUI this time, my test date has been moved back. Not too much longer, as it's this Wednesday, but I keep thinking about testing early. I've scoured the internet, learning when all the HCG could be cleared and prohibit a false positive. I feel like I'm having more symptoms this time, but we all know how that can fool us. The biggest one was some serious constipation this week. I've NEVER had issues like that. That got me researching whether or not an increase of progesterone (cause of constipation) could be an early sign of multiples. However, progesterone and HCG both, do NOT always correlate to multiples since our hormones can fluctuate so much day to day. Anyway, I try not to think about all of this but I really love reading about it.

How is everyone else doing? 
  • Hi everyone. Just checking in and joining in the TWW. 

Since I took a second HCG injection after IUI this time, my test date has been moved back. Not too much longer, as it's this Wednesday, but I keep thinking about testing early. I've scoured the internet, learning when all the HCG could be cleared and prohibit a false positive. I feel like I'm having more symptoms this time, but we all know how that can fool us. The biggest one was some serious constipation this week. I've NEVER had issues like that. That got me researching whether or not an increase of progesterone (cause of constipation) could be an early sign of multiples. However, progesterone and HCG both, do NOT always correlate to multiples since our hormones can fluctuate so much day to day. Anyway, I try not to think about all of this but I really love reading about it.

How is everyone else doing? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @nurseerin2012 I'm at 8dpo and it seems all I can think about is testing. I think since this is our first IUI, I'm more anxious than past cycles, I guess because it feels like we tried something new and it's given new hope. I only did the one trigger prior to IUI and I've confirmed that it's out of my system but I will say I feel like I've been randomly crampy or like I'm having uterus twinges, which is just messing with my mind. Bleh.

Hope everyone is keeping their sanity and is able to enjoy the holiday week!

• Hey all!  13dpo today and BFN so I stopped my progesterone. On to another stupid cycle!  This stuff is hard!
    Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
    February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
    April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
    May '17: Took off due to cysts
    June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
    November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
    December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

• AF will prob be here full force tomorrow as I've been spotting and cranky all day. After 2 month break will be jumping back into IUI. This will be number 6. I would figure IUI will be around the beginning of December. 
  • @Labluver2 welcome back!

***** child/loss TW *****
    natural pregnancy DD 2012 TTC #2 since 2014
    9/2015 chemical pregnancy
    Initial workup: 
         AMH: 0.898 ng/ml
         Antral Follicle Count: 5
         FSH day 3: 6.56 mIU/ml
         LH day 3: 5.24 mIU/ml
         Estradiol day 3: 46.75 pg/ml

IUI 1-4 BFN

IVF #1 After ovulation was confirmed with progesterone levels on CD19. Cetrotide ½ dose X4 doses and minivelle was started CD 20 to continue through stim. Upon AF, started follistim 150 bid and menopur 75 bid on CD3. Started cetrotide 1 dose when biggest follicle reached 13mm. Retrieved 4 eggs out of 12 follicles, 2 PGS normal, FET #1 9/14/18 BFP beta#1 10dp6dt 369, 12dp6dt 1210 
  • @Funnygirl34 i'm so sorry to hear of your BFN. I know it's hard, be kind to yourself. 

Initial workup: 

IUI 1-4 BFN

IVF #1 After ovulation was confirmed with progesterone levels on CD19. Cetrotide ½ dose X4 doses and minivelle was started CD 20 to continue through stim. Upon AF, started follistim 150 bid and menopur 75 bid on CD3. Started cetrotide 1 dose when biggest follicle reached 13mm. Retrieved 4 eggs out of 12 follicles, 2 PGS normal, FET #1 9/14/18 BFP beta#1 10dp6dt 369, 12dp6dt 1210 
  • @Funnygirl34 I’m so sorry you got a BFN. You are right, this stuff is hard. I’m 11dpo this morning and also got a BFN. I have a few more days before it’s official (beta on Wednesday), but I’ve had no symptoms at all so I’m sure I will be joining you for another cycle. 

@Labluver2 Welcome back! I’m so hoping that December will be your month! 
  • @Funnygirl34, sorry to hear about your BFN. It's such a hard process and messes with you both physically and emotionally. Be good to yourself. 

Welcome back @Labluver2

is anyone else subject to testing on thanksgiving? We have family in town who are staying with us but do not know we are undergoing treatments. DH doesn't want to share this (which is so hard....). Any suggestions for how to sneak away for testing?
  • @Funnygirl34 - I'm sorry about the BFN. It's so hard. 

Good to see you back @Labluver2!

@aeb1116 - How many dpo would you be on Thanksgiving? Would you tell your family if you were pregnant? If you're not going to tell them and it wouldn't ruin your time with your family if it was negative I'd probably test. I'm not very patient though, and I wouldn't be tempted to tell my family that early. Do you have any close friends you have shared your infertility journey with? I find I feel so much less lonely speaking with my friends about it (especially those who are going through or have gone through infertility as well). 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• nurseerin2012nurseerin2012 member
    edited November 2017
    Hi everyone. I tested early today. Got a faint-medium positive, so I then got to calculating when the trigger shot would be out of my system for sure. Feel pretty good about it but still being cautious. It doesn't seem real. Planning to test again on Tuesday. I got some shocking family news today, so I'm hoping the stress from that doesn't hurt my chances. Pasting my calculations. My test is an IC supposedly sensitive to 20 IU (or whatever). 

HCG half life every 33 hours

11/11 @2100 2500 IU
    11/12 1800 1250
    11/13 1500 625
    11/14 1200 312.5
    11/15 2100 156.25
    11/16 1800 78
    11/17 1500 39
    11/18 1200 19.5  Test strips calibrated 20IU
    11/19 2100 9.76
    11/20 1800 4.88

• @Funnygirl34 and @labluver2 I will be joining you guys for the next cycle. I hear you, its so hard to be disappointed month after month.

AFM - I started AF on Sunday, so I'm hoping to squeeze in another IUI (number 5) this month, tentatively November 30. They suggested I increase letrozole dosage for this next one, so hopefully that helps me recruit more than one follie. We have a big vacation planned in January, so I'm thinking this might be the last cycle for us before a break and then re-evaluating what we want to do.
  • @nurseerin2012 - Congratulations! Does your RE do betas? I'm sorry about your family news. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• @nurseerin2012 that sounds really encouraging! let us know how your test today goes. fx for you x a million

@aeb1116 I have to test Saturday, which is when we're having Thanksgiving with family.  Because of my polyp situation, I am not super hopeful this month but know it will still be hard celebrating with family after a BFN.  At this point, my family all know (which has truly been much easier on me emotionally), but a few months back (before they knew) I literally snuck out of the house before anyone was awake and P'dOAS in a Publix bathroom after purchasing the HPT in the store.  Yup.  Talk about a sad mental image.  Did what I felt I had to do at the time.  Came back with breakfast for everyone to cover my tracks. :D
    TTC History in Spoiler
    Me: 29  DH:34
    TTC 21 cycles
    All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
    Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
    IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• Hi girls. Thanks for all the well wishes and I'm still cheering for your BFPs as well!

My RE does do betas but refuses to do so until they're certain my trigger shot is 100% out of my system. Kinda silly since my level would be less than 2 today and a pregnancy test wouldn't even pick up on that! But whatever, I'll play their game. Due to the holiday, I don't think I'll get my blood test drawn until Monday since I'm not willing to drive an hour to their only open office on Friday, the earliest they'll let me test. I'll just keep POAS every couple days! They were getting darker, so that's encouraging.

I don't know if this applies to all REs, but thought I'd share. I was considering going to a local outside provider on Friday for blood, but no place is open! They said I could do that, but I'd have to get my repeat lab work done at the same place do there aren't any discrepancies between labs. They require 3 separate increasing blood levels, each 2 days apart.

I am still planning on telling my direct family at our Thanksgiving on Saturday. We're pretty close, so they're already pretty in the know with us. 
  • @nurseerin2012, all signs seem positive especially as the lines are getting darker!!! 

My RE also has us complete three betas with increasing levels two days apart.  

My family arrives tomorrow night and then we join extended family on Thursday.  I go in tomorrow for my third beta so hopefully it is good news and I won't be in too much of a funk. 
  • Got good news my FSH levels went from 9 to 5.4 I hope this is a good sign that this will be a g.ood cycle. Started femera last night I ui prob end of next week.
  • *lurking*

Good luck @Labluver2!!! I hope that everything lines up just right to make this a successful cycle! 

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• I hope this is your cycle @Labluver2!

BFN for me today. And I'm watching last nights episode of This is Us (hello trigger warning). I'm so frustrated with loss and infertility. I don't know if it's trying and not succeeding more again or if it's the medications, but I feel so depressed while we're going through treatment. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• @nurseerin2012. So excited for you! Here’s hoping those lines keep getting darker and darker. I’m sorry you have to wait so long for your beta, but hopefully by Monday you will get a really good number!! 

@Labluver2 FX for you and hoping this is your cycle!! It’s always encouraging to start off with good numbers! 

@dmo1371 I’m so sorry about your BFN! I was hoping to hear some good news from you today. Do you know what your next steps are? This process just isn’t fair.  

AFM- I was completely set on having a negative beta. I had been spotting and cramping a little in the afternoon on 12dpo- 13dpo but I figured AF was just coming a little early, but then it stopped completely which made me suspicious. I took a FRER test yesterday morning before heading out for lab work because I didn’t want to be anxiously waiting for the phone call during our party. I was expecting to see a BFN, but got a faint but clearly visasble BFP on the test with the lines and a “no” on the digital. I was so confused. Beta ended up coming back at 5.5 which they said is “technically” pregnant but is most likely unviable. I was fully prepared for a negative result, I know I’m early in this process. But I didn’t prepare myself for this inbetween land. I go back on Friday to see which direction the number is going in. Has anyone ever had a beta that low? My spotting has stopped but I do still feel some cramping. 
  • @dmo1371 I'm right there with you with the BFN and feeling super down.  I was doing OK while I was visiting with family (busy, distracted) but today I'm back home and greeted by AF once again and just feeling terrible physically and emotionally.  This process is so hard.  The days after BFN and beginning of AF are always the hardest, which makes sense because not only are we sad from another BFN but also our hormones (esp estrogen) are at their lowest.  The double whammy, thanks menstrual cycle.  :(  I am trying to remind myself that even though it doesn't feel like it will right now, somehow each month my mood slowly rises and I will have the hopeful feelings again. 

@do114 any update?

AFM, scheduled for hydrosonogram in a week to investigate potential polyps and uterus in general. Decided not to medicate this cycle, given that I will potentially need to have hysteroscopy as well as the hydrosonogram.  Just seems like too much going on downstairs for one month.  Questioning my decision somewhat, but RE agreed with me, so I feel reassured by that.
    TTC History in Spoiler
    Me: 29  DH:34
    TTC 21 cycles
    All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
    Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
    IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• CD10 follical check I had 4 on right 3 measurable and a few small ones on left but small. 2 more days of gonal I had an 18 16 and 13. Hoping for 2 mature ones!!!! I go back on thursday
  • @wishing-and-hoping I’m so sorry you got a BFN ☹️ All of this is so much for the body to go through, good for you for choosing to give your body a med break. 

@Labluver2 Those are great numbers! FX this is your month!!!! 

***TW***
    AFM, I ended up with a CP. I had three betas trending down and yesterday it was negative. But luckily I got back to negative in time to try again this cycle. Today is cycle day 3 and I just heard back from my clinic that I will be able to start Letrozole tonight. I was supposed to talk with my RE before starting the next cycle but he didn’t have any appointments available so he just gave me to go ahead to start the same protocol again, which is what I wanted to do. 
  • Hi there! Been a while since I've been on here, my cycle has been all messed up since my first cycle of clomid. But long story short, 50mg did not result in ovulation, so they have increased my dose to 100mg. I'm on day 4 of this and will have an ultrasound on Friday. This will be my first monitored cycle. I've never had u/s before, so my question is....how often will I need them? I know they are checking for follicle growth, but let's say they don't see much on Friday....do u think I would need another one Monday? Just curious what your experiences have been. Of course these are also questions I will ask the nurse on Friday :) 
  • @jenrn1216 I normally get us on CD 3 CD10 and CD13 I have a friend that gets checked more often BC she has pcos.
  • @Labluver2 thank you. Why the need for CD3 u/s? Just a baseline prior to starting? 
  • @jenrn1216 yes baseline you will also have blood drawn each time to check your levels . I'm doing femera which I normally do CD 3-7 then I do gonal F injection CD 8 and 9 and CD 10 I go in for bw and US where they check to see how my follies are growing. Yesterday I had 4 on my right 3 measurable and 1 small one and a few small ones on my left. I'm to keep doing gonal for 2 more days then Thursday I go back for bw and us again to see if they are a mature size so I can trigger. Bw will show if I'm ready to ovulate on my own or if not I will do ovidril injection which will make me ovulate. I normally ovulate a little later in my cycle so I normally need to do the trigger and my I ui is 2 days later so it would be Sat morning.
  • @jenrn1216 I only get cycle day 12 ultrasound and blood work. I don’t get any blood or US on day 3. I take Letrozole day 3-7 and then US day 12 and depending on follicle size I either trigger, wait 24-36 hours and then trigger, or return for another ultrasound if they are all too small. I’m only in my second cycle now, so I don’t have a ton of experience, but last month I only had the one ultrasound and waited 36 hours to trigger. It was pretty quick and easy. FX for you!! 
  • @jenrn1216 I only get an US on CD10. I also take Letrozole day 3-7 and have been known to ovulate as early as CD12. So between the one ultrasound and OPKs I feel like it is enough. Although it hasn't worked for 5 cycles, so who knows. 

@Labluver2 those sound like great numbers. Sending good thoughts your way for this cycle!

I had my CD10 ultrasound yesterday and had one 18mm, one 16mm, and one 13mm on a higher dose of Letrozole this month. Hoping to wait to ovulate to give the smaller guy a chance to catch up. One thing the doctor said is that I had fluid still in my uterus (maybe leftover from AF?). Has anyone had this before? She recommended we BD a couple times to try to get rid of it before ovulation, thought that was an unusual recommendation but it can't hurt right? :smiley:
  • Just had another failed IUI and went in for my first acupuncture appointment today. I'm really not a believer of eastern medicine, but i figured right now i'll take a chance with everything. Anything is better than nothing and i'm so depressed from another failed cycle, i just need to find a strand of hope anywhere. Is anyone else using acupuncture and are you taking the herbal supplements given to you? My RE told me not to, but i'm not to sure if acupuncture will work without the herbs... any thoughts?
    Initial workup: 

IUI 1-4 BFN

• *lurking*

Hi! I still like to lurk on the IUI threads and cheer you ladies on :)

I probably wouldn't take the herbs while taking fertility meds. *TW child mentioned* I did take the herbs about 7 years ago while I was on a break from treatments TTC my DS, and they were amazing. I have never felt so good in my life. I had been doing acupuncture for 3 months and then started the herbs and got pregnant the next month after TTC for 2 years. But I don't think I would take them with fertility meds because of potential interactions */TW*. As for the acupuncture, the REs that I've dealt with have fully supported it. There is much research being done that shows that acupuncture boosts blood flow to the ovaries and uterus, assists with better follicle stimulation during medicated cycles, encourages thicker uterine lining growth, assists with implantation, and helps to prevent early miscarriage, along with it being shown to reduce stress. The clinics that I have been to (and I've been to a few in the last 7-8 years!) have all encouraged their patients to undergo acupuncture and have fully supported the research results that are coming out that show that patients who do acupuncture during fertility treatments have a better response. I myself have noticed this first hand as the cycles that I did acupuncture I ended up with 5-6 follicles and the cycles I didn't do acupuncture I only ended up with one follicle, and this was all on the same protocol. It's not like acupuncture can hurt your cycle in any way, so you've got nothing to lose by trying it. Good luck!     
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @tosh24 Thank you so much on your insight. I took one dose of the herbs today, but i think you are right. i am going to hold off on the herbs and just do acupuncture. For the cycle that you got pregnant, did you do acupuncture alone or in combination with IVF? My acupuncturist also want me to stop eating diary. She gave me a list of items to eat(mostly alkaline vegitable/fruits) and wants them all organic. So i threw away all the junk food, sugar, diary, and gluten products. I plan to do this for at least 3 months to hopefully help my fertility. I'm willing to try anything at this point. 
    Initial workup: 

IUI 1-4 BFN

• Thanks @tosh24, I scheduled acupuncture for Monday! I'm excited to try it, and even if nothing comes of it, it relieves stress, which I'm looking forward to!

So I had u/s today. 6 small follies on the right, nothing on the left, and 8mm lining. Having another u/s on Monday. I didn't get to speak to anyone at the office, they left that all on my voice mail. I don't know much about this, so is that good? I have no clue what I'm supposed to expect! 
  • Looks liked I'll be hanging around for awhile. I tested BFN and AF showed up today. I'm feeling really down about it. I won't be around in the December iui board because we can't afford it this month. Looking forward to trying again in January! 
  • @kgabhart So sorry for your BFN.  Sending you healing thoughts and some peace over the next month.  If ya want to join us for some camaraderie in the december board, please do.  I participated in this thread when I was not doing IUI yet in November.  We're all in the same boat here, even if we're on different schedules.   <3 

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• I'm sorry about the BFN @kgabhart
    @do114 - I'm so sorry for your loss. 
    @tosh24 - nice to "see" you :) Everything crossed that your IVF cycle goes well! 
    @jenrn1216 - I don't remember, what is your diagnosis? If it is PCOS clomid is especially more likely to overstimulate than femara (from the research I've done and from what my REs have told me). I don't know how small "small" is so I can't really say if it's good or not. Hopefully you get more information at your next ultrasound!
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses