Trying to Get Pregnant

Healthy Habits Check-In week of 11/27

Thought I would get this started back up!

1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on?

2. How is it going?

3. What is a small win from last week?

4. What is your goal for this week?

5. GTKY: What are some of your strategies for staying healthy through the holidays?

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
Married 6/11/16
TTC Since 6/2016
12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
7/2018 Clomid+IUI
11/2018 Letrozole+TI
12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
2/2019 NTNP
5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree

Re: Healthy Habits Check-In week of 11/27

• Love this, thanks for starting!

1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on? 

Eliminating added sugar as much as possible, less white flour, not drinking coffee
    2. How is it going?
    Coffee is the hardest, I just love coffee so much
    I wanted ice cream so bad and was regretting not buying any, so I had some yogurt with granola and heated up frozen blueberries and it was better than ice cream. 
    cook the veggies I have in my fridge 
    5. GTKY: What are some of your strategies for staying healthy through the holidays? 
    Bring healthy dishes to parties and fill up on those before having treats. Get out for walks and fresh air every day. 
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favourite Holiday Movie Moment

• Love this!

1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on? Clean eating and getting in a good workout at least three times a week. 

2. How is it going? Not the greatest! Has anyone actually gained weight while trying to be healthy while TTC? I was going pretty good during the summer but all hell broke loose during our delayed honeymoon in early october. We ate and drank so much, we both gained 10 pounds in the 9 days we were there. I dont regret it as we had an amazing time but damn its been hard getting back on track. 

3. What is a small win from last week? I did a Zumba class on thanksgiving morning, go me!

4. What is your goal for this week? Actually eating all my meal prepped lunches. I will meal prep my lunches for monday-thursday but usually am sick of eating the same thing by tuesday  :|

5. GTKY: What are some of your strategies for staying healthy through the holidays? I try to eat a healthy snack/small meal before going to a party so I do not overindulge on sweets and unhealthy foods. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt and i end up hating myself since im so full lol 
    TTC journey in spoiler
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    Married: 08/2016
    TTC: 10/2017
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    IVF 11/2018- 23 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI with 7 embryos making it to freeze
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN
    FET #2 4/19 BFP!!!!! EDD 1/4/20  <3

• Loading the player...
  • 1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on? Avoiding alcohol during TWW and on weeknights during WTO (mostly because I am always groggy in the morning after drinking these days regardless of amount and I need to be clear headed for work - but health is a good side benefit). Doing low carb/keto and intermittent fasting some days. Making all my workweek lunches on Sunday. Trying to cut caffeine to just mornings.

2. How is it going? Pretty good aside from the caffeine, I just can't seem to get through the afternoon slump without it. I ate a ton of carbs on Thanksgiving and felt TERRIBLE so it made it easy to get back on low carb on Friday.

3. What is a small win from last week? Getting back on the wagon on Friday, getting through the holiday without booze. And I was back to my last-Wednesday weight by Monday so Thursday evidently didn't kill me too much!

4. What is your goal for this week? Keep working on the caffeine cut down even if it means binge drinking La Croix.

We will be in Hawaii so I think that may actually be easier than having the traditional holiday festivities? Assuming I am not KU, I plan to indulge in lots of poke and other fresh fish and to be pretty active while we are there. There will be wine though  :p
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• 1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on? eating healthy most of the time (striving for 80/20), working out 4-5 days a week.

2. How is it going? outlook hazy, ask again tomorrow.  Definitely had a cookie at lunch, but I also ran 4 miles at lunch, so I guess the workout kind of combats the cookie.

3. What is a small win from last week? Had a great workout on Thanksgiving, and managed to avoid all dessert at dinner later that night.  

4. What is your goal for this week?  Workout at lunch Tuesday-Friday.  Avoid sweets - very difficult to do at my job.

Drink TONS of water to try to fill myself up.  I eat all the veggies on my plate first before moving on to anything else.  My family subscribes to the "sweatpants at holidays" dress code, but I choose to dress up and wear something fancy so I'm not too comfortable.  I wore tights and a dress to Thanksgiving so I would feel like crap if I ate too much.  I totally look like an idiot all dressed up in a room full of people wearing yoga pants, but I don't care.

@lalala2004 I love the holiDAY not holiMONTH thing.  I've never heard that before!

@kindbytealikat I agree with you.  If I restrict too much, I will binge.  Better to just eat whatever it is that's tempting me and move on with the day.
  • Thought I would get this started back up!

1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on? Consistently working out and cutting back on sugar. 

2. How is it going? Workouts are going well, the sugar, not so much. 

3. What is a small win from last week? Thanksgiving was a fairly healthy meal and I only had a small slice of cheesecake!

4. What is your goal for this week? amp up the cardio and continue to keep sweet intake down. 

5. GTKY: What are some of your strategies for staying healthy through the holidays? Be mindful of what I'm eating. tracking food intake - put everything I plan to eat into my food diary first THEN see what's left for treats. Have a place to take sweets you bake (bc I bake a lot in December) so they're not laying all over the house tempting you. 

@matryoshkadoll - nice substitute for the ice cream! Glad it tasted even better! My swaps usually aren't so successful. 

@kobrien827 - clean eating is tough, esp when you're having trouble finding time to meal prep. Getting back into that groove myself and it's been tough!

@lalala2004 - exercising on vacation? Way to go!

@kindbytealikat - I try not to cut off any foods, either, because I will just want it more (and then I binge). good strategy though, to keep the stuff you really shouldn't eat out of the house. 

@legallykate - i've been looking at intermittent fasting. how long do you fast for? have you been successful? 

@juliebird6 - ran 4 miles at lunch? That is awesome!! I love your strategies - going to borrow a few (esp the dressing up one!)
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 I try to do 16/8 during at least the weekdays (fast for 16 hours, only eat during an 8 hour window) - so basically I skip breakfast and eat lunch between 12 and 1, a snack at around 4, and dinner between 8 and 9. It has worked really well for me since I am never hungry when I first wake up, even when I used to be a diligent breakfast eater I would never eat breakfast until like 10:30 anyway, so I just pushed up my lunch and don't really have any trouble not eating until 12 or 1. I found it hard to stay under my desired calorie limit eating three meals a day plus a snack, so this has worked well for me because I can eat two substantial meals and a snack. On the weekends I tend to cheat because I like eating breakfast/brunch with DH mid-morning, but that doesn't seem to have hurt me. 
    *TTC History*

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• 1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on?
    Eating healthier and running
    2. How is it going?
    Terrible. I never feel well, so I don't do it.  I am hoping to at least walk on the treadmill today 
    I didn't gain any weight from Thanksgiving.
    To exercise at least twice and to only buy coffee once a day.
    I am terrible at eating well during the holidays.  I am trying to allow myself to enjoy what I like here and there so I don't feel deprived.

@matryoshkadoll , coffee is the hardest.  I will easily drink 3 cups a day,vand generally I buy one or two of them, so they are usually full of cream and augar.

@kobrien827 , I was gaining weight this summer when we were trying.  It's hard to try and focus on weight loss, knowing you are going to gain it all back.

@kindbytealikat, I try to keep stuff out of the house too, I have no self control.  And eggnog has been a big weakness of mine lately.

• 1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on?
    Going to the gym at least three times per week. Keeping sweets to a minimum.

2. How is it going?
    Well... I didn't go to the gym at all last week.

Other than pie at Thanksgiving, I pretty much avoided sweets last week. Don't ask about the cookie I just ate though.

Gym tonight after MH finishes whatever he's working on right now. Not overindulging in sweets or drinks for my b-day on Saturday.

Definitely not depriving myself, but just trying to limit portion size. I also try to treat each day separately, and not use one day of binging to excuse more.
  • @lulu1180 thanks for starting this! 

@matryoshkadoll ugh, I hear ya on the coffee. It’s the one thing I haven’t been able to cut back. 

@legallykate DH is back on keto. He did it years ago and lost a lot of weight with it. I’d love to know if you have any good kept recipes!

1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on? Trying to go a little more paleo; cutting out processed foods and dairy. Also, trying to cut back on coffee, drink more water and only have alcohol on special occasion. 

2. How is it going? Eh, not that great the past few weeks. I’ve been really slacking on going to the gym; I just feel like I have zero motivation. I’m a sucker for holiday coffee creamers so the non-dairy thing is on hold. I also haven’t been great with taking my vitamins. 

3. What is a small win from last week? I did ok with portion control over the holiday. I’ve started to work more decaf coffee into my day. 

4. What is your goal for this week? To get back to the gym but I don’t know how likely that will be since I feel like I’m getting sick. 

I tend to avoid appetizers and try to get smaller portions of our main course. 
  • @mrs_drc_rn I have sooo many recipes. I'll PM you some faves tomorrow!
    *TTC History*

• @legallykate thank you! It was a struggle the first time he did it because I did not want to give up my carbs and I sure as hell wasn’t going to cook two separate dinners!
  • @mrs_drc_rn DH is sometimes like that too, but now he is pretty good about eating his carbs for lunch ("on his own time" as I joke) and eating low carb at dinner with me. I have gotten him into cauliflower mash and zoodles/miracle noodles so he misses the real starches less.
    *TTC History*

• @legallykate that’s not a bad idea! I’ll try to reserve my carbs for lunchtime! I’ve been meaning to get one of the zoodle machines but I’m not sure if DH is going to like it. I tried doing spaghetti squash a few times and he wasn’t into it. 
  • @mrs_drc_rn - I bought a zoodle machine and i LOVE it. :) DH tried them once and he wasn't into it, but I don't worry much about making a second set of noodles, if the sauce/everything is the same and something I can eat (try to eat a lower sodium diet). 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19