May 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions 11/20

2»

Re: Weekly Questions 11/20

• Options
    I'm 13 weeks and lost 8 lbs. I'm a big girl so I think the midwife would rather see me lose weight. DH said good job losing weight while you're pregnant. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kpc914kpc914 member
    edited November 2017
    @pandakov wish I could help, but I have been losing weight due to all day nausea/vomiting. I am 16w2days and down 25lbs (haven't gained any of it back, yet). I was slightly overweight before getting pregnant, so I definitely had some weight to lose, but 25lbs is a bit much (14% of starting body weight). Everyone is different, all you can do is focus on eating as healthy as possible, don't over eat, and try to exercise. As for the rest, it really is down to genetics and your body type....so don't beat yourself up about it. 
  • Options
    kpc914 said:
    @pandakov wish I could help, but I have been losing weight due to all day nausea/vomiting. I am 16w2days and down 25lbs (haven't gained any of it back, yet).
    @kpc914 Ugh. That sounds awful. I was pretty nauseated but thankfully didn’t have any trouble actually holding down food. Hope you start feeling better soon!
  • Options
    I think weight loss and gain is very individual.  There are so many factors to consider including starting weight, pregnancy symptoms, genetics, etc.
    I'd worry less about weight and more about overall health for you and baby. 
    Here's an article and weight calculator that might help:
    https://www.momjunction.com/pregnancy-weight-gain-calculator/
  • Options
    Poppy0419 said:
    Similar stats don’t really help either. I’m petite...115lbs normally and I’ve lost weight (damn stomach bug/morning sickness/aversion to all foods). I gained 15lbs with DD eating carbs all day. (Seriously. I worked at the Cheesecake Factory. I literally ate horrible). DD was perfectly healthy and is little as well.

My BFF was 110 and gained 60lbs with her first and had a tiny baby. Perfectly healthy baby.

Your body will do what it needs to do. You may lose the weight the week you have baby. You may take a year to even working out and eating healthy. It doesn’t matter what group you fall into. Healthy mama and baby is all that matters. 
    Agreed!
  • Options
    @pandakov I am 15 weeks and have gained 2.4 pounds.

I was tempted to go looking at sales but I have told myself I am not buying  anything until 20 weeks. I also have not done a lot of research on big items and I don't want to just run out without having some idea of what I want. Here is to hoping for after Christmas sales!!
  • Options
    I gained all my weight in the first few weeks, about 4 lbs, and then haven't been able to gain a single ounce since. I'm 16 weeks 4 days and not showing even a tiny bit. No morning sickness at all, so I don't know what the deal is.