February 2018 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread | 11.20

13»

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread | 11.20

• Feeling so full after this past week of holiday eating. 
    Need to get back on track to eating healthier!!
  • My pelvic pain is awful! When I wake up in the morning or roll over while sleeping I am in so much pain! When I get out of bed it feels like someone has repeatedly punching me in the Pubic bone all night! 
    Anyone else have this feeling?
  • Loading the player...
  • @kbrinks2 +1 for this pelvic pain. What helps is if you realse any pressure on the side your trying to turn. Almost like letting it go limp as you turn. DH will often stand over me and hold my hand so I can use my upper body to turn and not my hips. 
  • @kbrinks2 Does a pillow between the knees help? I get pain sometimes when I roll over but mostly in the abdomen. The pillow eases it a bit, after I’m resettled. 
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @eggplantface I will have to try this because it is really bad lately! I have an appointment tomorrow and will see if there is any advice that she has too!
  • Incontinence anyone? I totally just sneezed and peed a little, sorry tmi. :s I've been showering 2 times a day to feel clean and wearing pantiliners.

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

• kbrinks2 said:
    My pelvic pain is awful! When I wake up in the morning or roll over while sleeping I am in so much pain! When I get out of bed it feels like someone has repeatedly punching me in the Pubic bone all night! 
    Anyone else have this feeling?
    I don’t have any consistent pain, but I’ll get woken up by the occasional random RLP that is like a stab right to the right lower pelvis. I wake up moaning like I’m dying and scaring DH out of his own sleep. I think it’s just when I change positions too abruptly. 
  • @alemarie1 As long as I don't cough, sneeze, laugh, or bend down I'm ok.  So, yeah, showering twice a day and doing lots of laundry over here.
  • So this is a symptom I’m really loving - my hair doesn’t get greasy! I usually have to wash it every other day but I can go days without washing it and it still looks great! Little dry shampoo just to keep it fresh and I have like 30 extra minutes in the morning to not have to blow dry it. My face on the other hand has been clear for the first 2 trimesters has decided to break out like a teenagers. 
  • So this is a symptom I’m really loving - my hair doesn’t get greasy! I usually have to wash it every other day but I can go days without washing it and it still looks great! Little dry shampoo just to keep it fresh and I have like 30 extra minutes in the morning to not have to blow dry it. My face on the other hand has been clear for the first 2 trimesters has decided to break out like a teenagers. 
    Not my hair, but I swear I still smell fresh as a daisy at the end of the work day. I’m not generally an overly sweaty/smelly person, but that normal end of day BO has been gone for months. I don’t know what pregnancy magic this is, but I’ll take it! I am starting to get some skin issues here and there. It is SO DRY and this past week I’ve been breaking out around my mouth and chin. Lovely.
  • Is anyone else getting crazy chapped lips?  This usually isn't a problem for me, but for the first time I need to apply lip balm all of the time.
  • Is anyone else getting crazy chapped lips?  This usually isn't a problem for me, but for the first time I need to apply lip balm all of the time.
    I think this can be a sign of dehydration. If you aren’t drinking enough, it’s your body’s way of telling you so. I also get dry lips as well. I know I’m really dehydrated as I know I’m not drinking enough water this pregnancy. 
  • Thanks @BrittaniLC I should be hydrated (at least my pee is telling me I am).  
    I had dry lips recently but chalked it up to a cold snap here. They've been better since it warmed up a bit. I put on Aquaphor at night (always have) and exfoliate if the skin starts to flake.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

I live in Canada where it's cold and dry throughout the winter. I swear by Vaseline instead of lip balm. 
    I had dry lips recently but chalked it up to a cold snap here. They've been better since it warmed up a bit. I put on Aquaphor at night (always have) and exfoliate if the skin starts to flake.
    Aquaphor is a life saver but even that is no match for my dry skin lately! It helps though.