March 2018 Moms

Weekend Ticker Change (11/25-11/26)

Please forgive me ladies. I legit forgot today was Saturday! Now without any further ado....

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling? 

3) Any appointments this week?

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?

5) GTKY: What kind of music did you grow up listening to?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekend Ticker Change (11/25-11/26)

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 26 weeks today. Baby boy is as big as some yummy kale  :D

2) How are you feeling? 
    Hungry, mad at Braxton Hicks and not getting enough sleep d/t hip issues. There just aren't enough pillows, water, or food for me.

Nope

I'm inching ever so close to only kid status for LO. I hate how SUPER sensitive I am to everything DH says,does,wears etc....

ALOT of gospel(mom), RnB (dad) and country...because Texas
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 23 weeks tomorrow, baby will be as big as a grapefruit! :D

2) How are you feeling? 
    Achey everywhere. I can't seem to get a good night's sleep. I must need more pillows  :s

Glucose test in two weeks, another OB appointment in three weeks. 

We got a surprise Thanksgiving visit from my fiance's parents. It was super lovely. I only wish my fiance didn't have to work nights so he could have spent more time with his family.

Mostly Europop. Mom's from Germany, and so that's all she'd blast. It took me awhile to get into my own sense of music.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

• Loading the player...
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

26 weeks. Kale, which is even more vague than usual.

2) How are you feeling? 

Sick and worried about how me being sick is affecting my baby. Hopefully meeting with a gestational diabetes counselor this week will make me feel a little less out of control. Also getting so excited, we bought some more stuff for the nursery this week.

Gestational diabetes counseloring as soon as she can get me in.

I have a funny new achy feeling in a part of my pelvis I don’t know the name of, it feels like I have been riding a horse all day when I finally lie down. Not so nice. I am so bored with myself complaining, ugh, sorry.

Lou Reed, David Bowie, R.E.M, Sinead o’Connor, Nirvana.
    23 weeks today - size of a grapefruit...which confuses me bc last week was a coconut and I thought a coconut was bigger than a grapefruit. My lack of fruit knowledge is showing...

2) How are you feeling? 
    My main symptom is lower back pain. It got super bad last night after sitting for a while playing cards, but it hits at the most random times.

Nope

I ate my fair share of Thanksgiving dinner and leftovers, but yesterday the hubs and I got Hooters during college football and I felt more full than even on Thanksgiving. Then I got sick from it...FUN!! I haven't gained any weight this pregnancy (I started overweight), but I'm pretty sure that will change at my next appt after all the indulgences over the past few days. Yeesh. 

50s and 60s music. When I started listening to Top 40 in like 4th grade, my dad called it "rap crap!"
    26 weeks. Baby is the size of kale or a bowling pin.

2) How are you feeling? 
    Good! Hungry nonstop. Hips are still achy, especially in the pubic symphysis area. 

Nope. Two weeks til my GD test. 

Not that I can think of! Pretty uneventful week here.

Everything, lol. My dad listened to 70s/80s rock, my mom liked 80s pop, I was partial to 90s hip hop and then grungey alternative and my best friend liked country. I still listen to a little bit of everything. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

24 weeks. Cantaloupe 

2) How are you feeling? 

Pretty decent most times. Still have ridiculous muscle cramping, I plan to ask about potassium supplements at this weeks appointment. The heartburn is another story, I bumped my Zantac up to 150 mg nightly and eat tums throughout the day. Thankfully no swelling or bp changes. 

24 week appointment sometime this week. Hopefully not the GTT, because I’ll have The Toddler on board solo. 

country and classic rock
  • @amylonghorn I am obsessed with grapefruits, and at least the organic ones I buy are definitely smaller than coconuts. My coconut familiarity is also high , I grew up half in Hawaii after my dad moved there when I was 7. Lol.
    23 weeks today. They are the size of Barbie dolls :)
    2) How are you feeling? 
    Good, hurts to walk too much. I tried using a belly band and it hurt my back more and I tried KT tape and I started getting a rash. Also having some swelling and tingling in my fingers and hands which is a little concerning. Next appointment is the 5th so I'll go over all of it with the OB/midwife when I see them.
    Nope, next week.
    I would love to be able to walk without pain, but I haven't found a way to make that work yet :/ Also need a new phone since mine is not holding a charge anymore.
    Country, current pop, rock, and alt, 80's rock (think Cinderella, Twisted Sister, and Kiss), and 50s music. A pretty eclectic mix of things lol.
    Met 2004, Married 2011, Trying since 2013. Info in spoiler:

BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 30
    Diagnosed with PCOS, later changed to unexplained anovulation due to high prolactin and normal testosterone levels
    Him: 31
    High sperm count (yay!) but also super high fluid volume (boo!)
    First IUI, Clomid and Follistim: 11/29-BFN
    Second IUI, Femara and Follistim: 12/29-BFN
    Third IUI, Femara and Gonal-F (and Follistim): 1/28 BFN
    Fourth IUI, Femara and Gonal-F: 7/23 BFN
    IVF 1: Femara and Gonal-F: 1/23/2017
    Beta Study:
    Beta #1: 1/28/2017 4.1
    Beta #2: 1/30/2017 34
    Beta #3: 2/1/2017 131
    Beta #4: 2/3/2017 476
    Ultrasound: 2/14/17-Twin Etopic Pregnancy, surgery to remove right fallopian tube on 2/17/2017
    FET 2: Femara, Gonal-F, and Clomid: Cycle Canceled due to low progesterone
    FET 3: July 7, Femara, Gonal-F, Clomid-BFP!!!!!! Due March 2018
    https://desertratpack.wordpress.com/
    23 weeks, grapefruit. I legit thought a coconut was larger than grapefruit also. 
    2) How are you feeling? 
    I don't know if I'm still fighting allergies or if this is a sickness. I'm serious, I can't stop sneezing, can't breathe etc. 
    nope. 
    This long weekend went way too fast. I'm ready for the next one already. 
    Country and what we now call Classic Rock
  • @kelsajo and @amylonghorn This is one of the reasons I'm not a fan of the produce comparisons, lol. They all vary in size so much that it's hard to tell what they are talking about. I think the grapefruit being bigger thing the apps are thinking of is weight wise over physical size? The grapefruits here in AZ are huge so maybe they are thinking those ones?

BabyFruit Ticker

Diagnosed with PCOS, later changed to unexplained anovulation due to high prolactin and normal testosterone levels
    Beta Study:
    Ultrasound: 2/14/17-Twin Etopic Pregnancy, surgery to remove right fallopian tube on 2/17/2017
    23 weeks. I have been confused about the fruit comparisons all along! So, 1 pound  11 inches. Like the size of a bag of brown sugar. 

2) How are you feeling? 
    Better lately. Chiropractor has helped my hip/pelvis pain, but we finally emptied out the nursery so I'm hurting pretty bad today. 

3) Any appointments this week? nope

Emotionally feeling really good. Finally have that 2nd tri energy surge and feel like my bump is round and cute. (I mean, I'm still a hormonal mess, don't get me wrong...) 

My parents listed to punk, rock, blues so I grew up listening to that. As a teen I listened to alternative and metal, but also got into Tori Amos and Erykah Badu and  "chick rock." (That seems sexist/condescending, but I don't mean it that way! More like feminist kinda stuff.)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @amanning2011

This article says tingling hands is a thing we might experience this week! 
    https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week-23.aspx

I hope you can find some relief. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @amylonghorn I hollered at "rap crap"  :D

@amanning2011 I know this may be basic pregnancy 101, but have you tried stretching? Twice a day,  10 minutes each to maybe help that back pain? It's helped me,  especially since I can't work out.... then again, I'm not carrying twins.... whatever gives you relief tho,  I hope you find it soon!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Per usual, I'm late to the party. But first things first-- @cford08 I love that gif. LeBron is my boy (unless he leaves the Cavs again...)

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?
    24 weeks yesterday - cantaloupe. That fruit seems more straightforward than the grapefruit/coconut thing, which also confused me!

2) How are you feeling? 
    Overall, I know I can't complain, but here I go anyway! I am so congested. It's disgusting. I'm sick of not being able to breathe through my nose! Really hoping this is just a cold or something not pregnancy-related because I can't handle several more months of this.

Nothing this week.

We finally bought stuff for the baby! Car seat, strollers, baby monitor, pack n play, diaper bag, and glider are all taken care of, and were all on sale! Hooray for Black Friday/Cyber Monday! We're using my nephew's crib that's still in great condition, so we'll get that when we go home for Christmas. Slowly but surely, we're getting there.

Basically pop with a little country mixed in. Unless we were on a road trip--then it was Billy Joel, Simon & Garfunkel, Peter, Paul, and Mary, etc
  • @cford08 Most of the pain I'm having right now is from a pulled muscle in my leg, the belly band caused a pressure point in my back which was causing pain. The back pain I'm getting is mostly because I broke my back 5 years ago so I have the start of arthritis there :/ I am trying to find stretches for the muscle at the top of the leg where it meets the torso, but I can't find anything that actually stretches there.

@stlbuckeye132 I'm jealous you found baby stuff! I've been told I shouldn't buy anything until after my baby showers. I know a couple of the big ticket items are being gifted to me so I'm having to wait on everything :/

BabyFruit Ticker

Beta Study:
  • @amanning2011 I do feel a little bad about getting most of the major items before my shower, but it's going to be very small and I wouldn't expect anyone to get those major purchases for me anyway. I figured I might as well get them now while they're on sale instead of waiting. The people that come to my shower can get the little stuff :smile:
  • @stlbuckeye132 If I didn't know for a fact that certain things are being gifted I'd say the same thing, lol. My parents have already told us they are buying our cribs, and my aunts have a tradition of buying the car seats for all the nieces and nephews, so they are doing that. I did buy my stroller because I found a really good deal on the exact one I wanted. The only bigger item I need is a rocking chair/glider and I can't buy that online (stupid short legs lol).

BabyFruit Ticker

Beta Study: