May 2018 Moms

Thankfulness/positivity Dailies!

13»

Re: Thankfulness/positivity Dailies!

• Day 16- I'm thankful for my relationship with my mom and I hope I'm that close with at least 1 of my children when they're an adult.

Day 17- I'm thankful for modern medicine. DH's grandma recently required surgery to remove a large mass and she was up and moving the next day. How amazing is that? 

Day 18- I'm thankful for growing up in a small town. We (my mom, brother, and I) went to a craft fair today and ran into several mothers of school friends. They all gave us hugs, asked for updates on our lives, bragged about their kids lives, and were genuinely excited for things like me being expecting again. 

Day 19  (because I'll forget tomorrow)- I'm thankful my husband is such an amazing dad. He doesn't question or complain when I leave the kids with him, even if it's for an entire day. And he gets upset when others call it "babysitting". Bothers him a ton! "They're my kids, it's called parenting!"
  • Day 17- I’m thankful that DH passed his CSET!  He’s one step closer to his credential!

Day 18- I’m thankful that DH let me sleep in today. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Day 18- I'm with @suchaglencoco, MH is an awesome dad.  I left Saturday morning for our Girls Shopping Trip at 9:30 and I didn't get home until 10:30.  Not one word from him as far as, Are you almost done?  When will you be done?  I texted him at 8 and told him we were on our way to dinner and his only answer was, Awesome, have fun!  He loves his special "party" days with just him and the girls, and it makes me so happy and thankful.  I also came home to an almost completely clean house, and a couch full of clean laundry.  He's awesome.  

Day 19-  Thankful for carbs.  MH made spaghetti for dinner and I ate way too much, and it was delicious and totally worth it. 

Day 20- I'm thankful I only have to work three days this week, and only three more days until Thanksgiving dinner!!! WOO HOO! 

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Day 20- I'm thankful that we have great children's hospitals nearby. We need to take DD into for repeat food allergy testing and I'm glad it's close.
  • Day 19- I am thankful for my RBF (Running best friend).  It's hard to believe she's only been in my life the past 7 years because she feels like a part of my family.  We can talk about anything and everything and she is just a really good friend.  

Day 20- I am thankful for my 200mg of caffeine.  I would not be surviving without it.  
  • I’ve really fallen off on this. I’ve had jet lag, and was sick, and went through a short bought of depression this weekend, so I’m going to get caught up now. 

16: I’m thankful that we have access to organic produce again now that we’re home. I’m not sure if it’s because we were in a desert and it takes longer for produce to get there, or if it a difference between conventional and organic, but none of the produce had any flavor out there! 

17: Dunkin Donuts. How do people live without decent drive through coffee? 

18: Gatorade. All. The. Gatorade. Also my MiL because she came and took care of me/Jackson when I was throwing up and feeling gross all day. (And my own mother effing abandoned me like the selfish twat she usually is...) Sorry I’ll try to stick to being positive :wink:

19: Living close enough to my family to be able to just drop by and hang out all day. (Plus my son and niece are adorable together.)

20: Lazy day’s full of Daniel Tiger and coloring. Sometimes doodles have to doodle :tongue:
  • Day 21: I’m thankful for coffee. This insomnia thing is BS and I’m feeling very much like a zombie lately.
  • Day 21- I'm thankful we got a home doppler. We recently heard of a family friend who suffered a loss, so I immediately checked out Baby 3 to ease my anxiety. I recently saw a bad episode of HTGAWM and I used the doppler right away to ease my anxiety. Tonights episode of This Is Us centers a ring a miscarriage. When I get up the nerve to watch, I'll probably use my doppler after.
    Technology is just so amazing
  • @suchaglencoco was it the Robin episode?  That one breaks my heart everytime I watch it.  Sometimes I skip that one and TW/Spoiler alert 
    the one where Marshall's dad dies.  

I gave up on This is Us.  I really like the show and the premise, but it is too damn sad for me.  It is like Parenthood on steroids.  

Day 21- I am thankful for living in a city where I have access to awesome things, like getting to go to the DWTS finale tonight!
  • @mileswithmyles, I never got into HIMYM. HTGAWM is How To Get Away With Murder by the evil Shonda Rhimes.
  • @suchaglencoco Reading fail on my part.  My coffee is still kicking in.  On that note, that episode last week was awful and made me physically ill!  Scandal was just as bad.  Shonda needs to lay off the pregnant people. 
  • @mileswithmyles, no worries!!! Similar initials.
    I watched last week's episode and went upstairs immediately to watch my sleeping children and thank God they're healthy. 
    I gave up on Scandal during last season. Just too much for me.
  • @sandbar517 aww thank you! I appreciate you thinking of me. 

Day 21 - I am grateful for prunes! hahahah
  • Speaking of thinking of people, has anyone heard fro @justsuzie???
  • sandbar517sandbar517 member
    edited November 2017
    @mielswithmyles Oh, yay!!!! I was just looking at her profile again yesterday and saw her post something in TTCAL and got so worried, but then saw she put *lurking* and was hoping everything is okay.  So glad it's not something terrible.  @justsuzie we miss you!  

ETA Day 22- I am so thankful for my current job.  After working for 10+ years in ER and having to beg, plead, fight, bribe, etc. people to not have to work holidays or to switch days/weekends (and missing countless holidays/weddings/birthdays when that didn't work), I am so happy to be working in a job with "normal" hours, having every weekend and all holidays off.  I talk to my friends still working in ER or other hospital areas, and seeing them talk about not getting Thanksgiving off makes me so sad for them.  I don't miss it at all.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @mileswithmyles, thank you for the udate!  Glad she is doing alright!

Day 22- I'm glad we live in a time with the Internet. I know that sounds bad, but it's so nice with 2 toddlers to be able to easily shop and order some things online. I do love going to stores, but sometimes that is just too much. 
  • Day 22: I’m thankful that I have friends I can go to when I’m upset. 
  • I'm gonna do mine for tomorrow already because I know I probably won't be on here.  Day 23- I'm thankful that I have family close enough to spend holidays with, and that one of my biggest "problems" is having two families that love and care about us that we have to decide where and how to spend the holidays.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Day 23- I'm over the moon thankful for this baby growing inside me with no medical intervention. We never thought this day would come. 
     The day before Thanksgiving in 2014 we were devastated when we were told our twins no longer had heartbeats at 7 weeks. It was our second miscarriage and first from ivf. I spent Thanksgiving getting drunk and trying to be strong for DH. The next day we went in for a procedure to help things along.
    This Thanksgiving I get to watch our 2nd set of twins run around and laugh with family while I hold my belly tight in awe of how far my body has come since then.
  • Day 22- I am thankful for online shopping.  It is amazing.
  • Day 23- I am thankful for another Thanksgiving with my grandparents. Each one we get with them is a blessing. 
  • Day 23: I’m thankful for being able to spend holidays with our family. Holidays were always hard for me growing up because they were centered around a lot of stress, but as an adult they’ve been so much better. Also DH’s family loves me and I’m very thankful to not have a monster in law!!!!
  • I'm so far behind on these.  Are we keeping them going after Thanksgiving?  
    Day 24- I'm so thankful my girls are too young to want the "must have" Christmas gifts.  So many posts of people searching for Fingerlings and LOL Surprises and all that overpriced crap.  
    Day 25- Thankful my kids can't read HAHAHAHA I made a list of what we're planning on getting them for Christmas with prices compared between Amazon, Target, Toys R Us, etc. and they've been carrying it around and playing with it all weekend.  
    Day 26- I'm thankful I had Monday off so I could stay up and watch the Steelers game  :)
    Day 27- I had my midwife appointment and was able to hear the heartbeat again.  Such a huge relief.  Once again, I'm so thankful for this baby, and that I'm in the "magic" phase of not feeling sick, but also not feeling huge and uncomfortable 24/7.
    Day 28- I'm thankful that even after a 5 day weekend, I don't have a ton to catch up on at work, so I have time to get caught up on here!  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• I usually stop at thanksgiving tbh...
  • Oh, good, I'm running out of things to be thankful for!!! LOL

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17