Dx: PCOS
Married: June 2013
TTC#1: January 2015
BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
TTC#2: June 2017
BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18

Re: Weekly Questions ~ Week of 11/20

• Has anyone had any luck with finding maternity photographers? I am still on the hunt and hoping to secure someone by the first week of December. With pictures taken by end of the year.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cford08 I have, but she does all of our pictures. It also helps that I am not due until 3/31, so we have a little time. I can't imagine being able to book one during the holidays, but I know it can happen. I hope you find someone!
    Married 5/12/2007
    DS 6/3/2016
    MC 1/12/2017
    BFP 7/19/2017
    EDD 3/31/2018

• Loading the player...
  • @dani103 I'll even take the beginning of the year!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cford08 I asked for recommendations on a Buy/Sell/Trade group for my area on Facebook. I then could look at websites and see who's style I liked. A lot of photographers even put their info on my post too, so you could mention your dates in the post. It helped me find some photographers with smaller businesses that didn't pop up in a Google search. 
    Me: 30 H: 30
  • Why do I have heartburn before bed when I haven't eaten for a few hours??

Just say no to fire. 
  • @barrelocarol Same here. I keep tums on my nightstand. And it doesn't matter what I eat. 
    Me: 30 H: 30
  • @barrelocarol @becausescience @chasingroygbiv I’m with you. Water gives me heartburn...
  • @heatherdubrow @barrelocarol @becausescience @chasingroygbiv

yes to all.  I have a super sized case of tums on my bedside table. doesn't matter what our when I eat... water also gives me HB. 

it's the worst
  • @bb3vj3n Did you try Gaviscon? I find it works 100× better.
  • @barrelocarol @becausescience @heatherdubrow @bb3vj3n @chasingroygbiv

Standing in solidarity. Heartburn no matter what l eat, hours after eating, even from drinking water. Last night l woke up at 3 am because of it.
  • @cford08, I feel like most photographers will do maternity. It's just a matter of finding the photographer whose style you like best. We will be using the photographer we've used for family photos in the past, because she's good and ridiculously cheap!!! 

Also, in terms of timing. With DS, our photographer recommended doing photos around the 34-36 week mark. I'm hoping to book ours in early February this around as we are due at the end of March.
  • Firey heartburn ladies, 

Thanks for the support! I'm sorry you're experiencing the same thing, though. 

I was surprised to hear you all share in the water burns! Same here and I thought it was so odd!

My only relief is taking apple cider vinegar pills or drinking it in water. So....crappy heartburn or a crappy remedy, bc I can't keep chewing on Tums this way. 
  • For STMs+ where do you keep old baby clothes?? We can't keep her stuff in her closet.
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• @KASG we’ve been putting my son’s in a large plastic container separated by age (NB-9 months, 12-24 months etc.) 
  • @KASG I separate mine by size 3, 6, 9, etc and put in plastic bins and store in the garage. 
  • @KASG, same as above. We have them separated into Rubbermaid bins and labelled by age. It's amazing how much you can fit into those bins when you roll a little sleeper up. The bins are stored in our basement.
  • @KASG Ikea frakta bags, or diaper boxes.

Also for heartburn I take Zantac once a day.
  • I separated sizes by large space saver bags and stored in totes. For example I had newborn, 0-3 month, 3 month, 3-6 month and so on up to 18 months in their own bags, labeled and stored in a tote. I wrote on top what sizes where in there. I felt good knowing at least that part of my life was organized  :D 
    It came in handy when I was looking to see what seasonally appropriate clothing I could take out for this new baby and what I could give away. I could hardly shut his closet because it was so full, so I did end up getting rid of about 80% of his old clothes, but we weren’t going to be using them 
  • Thanks for the storage tips. We may just need to make space in our garage because I fear putting it in our storage shed.

Talk to me about sleep. We blew it with DD lol but for #2 what, can we just put him/her in a pack n play? Should we get a bassinet? A stand-alone one or one that goes in a pack n play? ...I heard those mesh hammocks may not be safe and the rock n plays aren't for overnight sleeping.
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• @KASG I'm a FTM, but I've been told the pack n play is the way to go. One with a sturdy napper is a plus. And if you do go bassinet, the Halo one is key. We registered for both.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @KASG my first hated the pack n play and the napper in it so I bought a cheapish bassinet this time, but ever kid is different!
  • I'm a FTM as well but a friend gave us a rock n' play (I've been told if your baby has reflux then the RNP is the best way to go for that ) and we have also registered for a PNP and Halo bassinet. We probably won't get the bassinet bought for us and since every baby is different we plan on waiting to buy the bassinet like right when the baby comes. That way if he doesn't like it then we will still be in the time frame to return it. 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @KASG my first used the napper in the pack n play, my second had terrible reflux so we bought a rock n play, and it saved us! You never really know... But a pnp is really versatile, so you can't go wrong there.
  • Heartburn sufferers, my husband swears by probiotics. Taking a couple of pills after he eats has pretty much eliminated his heartburn.