TTC after 35

TTCA35 Check In Week of 11/20/17

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment)

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):

Rants/Raves
:

Questions for the group:

GTKY: Do you have Black Friday shopping plans?

What are you thankful for?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TTCA35 Check In Week of 11/20/17

• Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  Lots of supplements so much so that I'm going to order liquid fish oil so it's 1 less pill to swallow - Ubiquinol, Vit D, PNV, Amino All are the main onesDH gets multivitamin, Ubiquinol, and Maca

Rants/Raves
    :  I'm excited we booked a xmas eve performance at a local church and a couple weddings for next year. 

GTKY: 
    I don't black friday shop.  I've noticed some better deals come out yesterday so I'm going to take advantage of the bogo 50% target toys.

my talent that lets me have a flexible schedule and provides extra money for our family.
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited November 2017
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Benched 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): Don’t know, benched since I had to get my rubella shot. However will be doing egg retrieval next month 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Prenats, ubiquinol, Vit d, Zinc 

Rants/Raves
    : Kinda annoyed with SO right now.. well i shouldn’t be, he does bring home the bacon, but we have his repeat semen analysis tomorrow morning and he has to go be on one if his sites(he’s a project manager) at 6am that’s an HOUR AND HALF away from the clinic. He swears he’ll be done by 8am but it doesn’t matter Bc  his app is at 830 , i called to see if he can get a later appointment but I only got the voicemail. So now I guess I’ll have to call them early tomorrow to let them know he’ll be late. Ugh 

Questions for the group: none right now 

GTKY: Do you have Black Friday shopping plans? HA! Not this year!  I gotta put out $5300 to the clinic in the next two weeks so I’m pretty sure this Christmas is gonna be a little light on presents this year.

What are you thankful for? I am Thankful to my awesome momma again this week! Who literally just offered to give me the $5300 if I need it... you think she wants a grandbaby or what?!? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): TWW

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD28

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): while benched another month for IVF we did try naturally on what may? have been my ovulation day or day after? Plus all my usual supplements.

Rants/Raves
    : I’m trying to get over a nasty cold so I haven’t slept more than a couple hours the last week due to the cough and am a zombie!

Questions for the group: none right now 

This Christmas is going to be pretty lean due to two rents just so I can live and work up here for IVF benefits!

What are you thankful for? Haha, the aforementioned IVF benefits.
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited November 2017
    @ndz2018 - so even though you have pretty good IVF coverage you still have some OOP expenses I guess?  even at $5300 that would be a huge ouch for us and would go on a credit card.

@Momifbysea - Hope you feel better!  I just bought some frozen kale to add to my smoothies:)
  • Hi Ladies! 

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Benched until January 

Rants/Raves
    : well, today i turn 36... another year older... i know fertility doesn't plummet it's more of a slow downgrade but i can't help but be super aware of my age and the issues we have. 

no shopping.. i'll be flying out to visit my family on black friday for a few days

in spite of how hard this year has been i am so incredibly thankful for overall being blessed ... i have a great job, a wonderful family and an amazing husband

@ndz2018 that's great that your mom offered to help with that! it really is amazing how generous some people are... i've had friends offer to surrogate for me.... my mother has offered to pay for a whole IVF cycle (it would be totally OOP.. and i turned that down because that would be way too much pressure on me) 

@vlagrl29 @Momifbysea 
    good luck on your TWW!
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment)
    WTO

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD 11

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): eating healthy and mostly organic, no sugar, very little flour, no dairy but I cheated already,  tons of supplements including maca and coq10, weaning, accupuncture, so much water... Staying aware of all the toxins and try to avoid them without letting it stress me out, ohh and temping.

Rants/Raves

Questions for the group: I can't see what I'm typing in the box, is that normal? Any tricks?

Going to the nutcracker, bc, Christmas starts the day after Thanksgiving. I am really excited about it. I love the ballet and can't wait to see how my husband and ds react. (Plus i will check my Amazon cart to see if anything in it went on sale)

the bump! (And family and friends, oc)
  • @vlagrl29 what kind of performer are you?
  • @boxheadkid - I play viola and have been since I was 10.  I teach private lessons on violin and viola.  I also play in a trio/quartet that books a lot of weddings and events throughout the year.

@harleyquinn0621 - I know age can be a stressful thing to think about and I'm another year older too at 37 but I believe I'm more fertile than I was last year.  Just much more fertile CM than I ever had last year.  Keep positive!
  • @vlagrl29 that is so cool. And I love that you feel more fertile now then you did last year, that is very inspiring to me. 
  • @vlagrl29 thanks!

I didn’t mention bc I’m sure it’s all in my head but the last 3 days I’ve had nausea, just mild but I just don’t have much appetite. Could be from this cold/congestion or could be stress related to holidays and lots of family stuff. But...it is day 28 and no sign of af. I usually have a 28-30 day cycle but also usually spot a couple days first.
  • @vlagrl29 yup, everything is covered except the cryopresevation, biopsy and the CCS testing for up to 10 embryos and I think That goes for all IVF as far as I know those 3 things are rarely covered. And yes that’s definitely going on credit.

@harleyquinn0621 HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Try not to put some much pressure on yourself.. I just Turned 37 so I know where you’re coming from

@Momifbysea FX for you!!

@boxheadkid Are you using a laptop or your phone? Sometimes my app gets funky
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): WTO getting ready to start IUI up again

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD2 I go in tomorrow for CD3 BW and US

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): IUI. Other than trying to improve egg quality by healthy eating lots of leafy greens , advacado and nuts, no sugar ,no dairy. Prenatal , vitamin D, coq10, baby aspirin, raspberry leaf tea

Rants/Raves
    :

Questions for the group:

GTKY: Do you have Black Friday shopping plans? Nope Ill be working 

What are you thankful for? All my fuzzy animals. I have 6 dogs, 4 cats and 2 rabbits and they are my fur children.
  • @Labluver2 6 DOGS?!? Wow! We’ve got one lil chi mix (Jaxon, my rescue he’s 11) and we are trying to get a golden puppy soon, we lost our golden a year ago this week and it’s just not the same without him. It feels like a piece of our family is missing. That’s a lot of fur babies you have! If I wasnt so damn allergic to cats I may have one but no can do. I’m sure they are thankful for you too :)
  • @ndz2018 they keep me busy thats for sure. I also have a chihuahua mix. His name is monster and I had him since he was 3 days old. I bottle fed him. He's now almost 2. 
    edited November 2017
    @Momifbysea - GL FX for you

@boxheadkid - weird right.  This time last year I was more stressed about TTC.  Also, DH had just started winding down with his construction of his photography studio.  I was also putting stress on myself to provide DD with a sibling.  I just feel less stressed overall at this point.  I'm not putting pressure on myself.  My prog is 14 when in Feb the month after our loss it was only a 9.  I feel there is also a lot less stress in our life overall and I'm sure all the supplements I'm taking can't hurt either.  Only 1 month last year do I remember wiping in the bathroom with toilet paper and noticing EWCM - I'm sure that was the night we conceived our loss.  Now it happens 3 days in a row and before I even wipe - TMI I know lol.

@Labluver2 - if we had that many fur babies DH and DD would be a hot snot mess!  They have pet dander allergies so that's why we can only ever have 2 dogs.
  • Hi everyone - after a pretty long Bump hiatus I am back.  Needing to get back into the community to be around others going through similar times, have a place to commiserate, and hopefully see a few women have success despite some setbacks.

: WTO 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD 7

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Just finished a bunch of testing and followup with FS today (see rant...). Vitamins, starting acupuncture again this week.

Rants/Raves
    : After all of the testing our FS can find no reason why we cannot conceive. It should be a good thing but after 2 years of no success it is frustrating to have the "unexplained infertility" diagnosis. AMH was on the low end for my age so FS is recommending IVF as soon as we can.  Other than that absolutely everything from SHG to bloodwork to SA is a-ok.  

Questions for the group: 
    Anyone else have all test come back normal and have no clue why they can't conceive?  How do you deal with the ambiguity? 

I will do a bit of online shopping but it's not as big of a deal here in Canada.

So much - but right this moment my DH who is super supportive and my FS who is straightforward and basically "no bullshit".  
    #1 EDD 01/10/19; Team Green!
    TTC #1 since 01/16; Unexplained IF; Low AMH; Conceived naturally
    Married 11/12; Dating 05/05
    Me: 36  DH: 37

• boxheadkidboxheadkid member
    edited November 2017
    @ndz2018 - yeah, I'm on the app, it is really buggy or I am not used to it or something

@vlagrl29 - are you doing anything for cm specifically? Mine has only been really good once in the last few months. (Don't say water, lol, I'm drowning)

@harleyquinn0621 - happy birthday!

@Momifbysea - I love your name, and fingers crossed for you!
  • Thanks @boxheadkid! **TW it’s because we conceived DD at sea on a Caribbean cruise lol **end TW

@kiwielopingbride welcome back! I remember you from last year. It’s been two years for us too with no explanation other than “your eggs are just old.” Well guess what? We can take some control over it by what we eat and other environmental exposures (like bath products, makeup etc). So at 43 I’m not giving up based on what my RE says! And neither are so many other awesome women in this group!

• @kiwielopingbride - we had testing done after 6 months and all is ok. Actually my prog has gotten higher but no amh test has been done and only had HSG. We have a 6 yo and an early loss. So I know I can conceive I just don't know when this one will happen. I saw a functional medicine dr a couple months ago and had a ton of blood work taken to measure basic vitamin and mineral levels. I'm low on vitamin D, t3 and t4. I'm taking supplements for those.

@boxheadkid I often wonder if it's the ubiquinol making higher quality eggs in turn producing more CM. 
  • @kiwielopingbride have you ever tried iuis? If not why can't you do that before moving to Ivf?
  • kiwielopingkiwieloping member
    edited November 2017
    @vlagrl29 We will try IUI while we are waiting for IVF (our province's medical plan covers 1st round of IVF but there is a 1 yr wait for the govt funded). Dr. says we should do IVF asap before my ovarian reserve gets lower. We are going on the waiting list for now because we don't have the funds right now for a self-funded round. But he said because my AMH is the level of a 42 yr okd that I should go straight to IVF.  I don't have any deficiencies (vitamins or minerals) that I know of and they tested for everything between my GPand the fertility clinic but I am def researching. Thanks for the note! 

@Momifbysea Thanks! Yes definitely researching and changing what we can. My chiropractor has actually been really helpful- he runs a health clinic based on preventative medicine. I'm doing my acupuncture with him and he has recommended some diet tweaks. Glad to hear you are not giving up :) it's so hard to be positive after so long and so many disappointments. 

• How old are you @kiwielopingbride just curious? 

I have not had amh tested but my fsh is good. I'm thinking I might have my naturopath test amh for me next month if it's covered. My OB is not comfortable testing it. We have not gone the RE route as of yet. I've gotten more help from my naturopath than OB. Are you taking vitamin D? I had read last week it can increase your amh numbers.
  • @vlagrl29 I just turned 36. My FSH and LH were both good. AMH test was not covered here in Ont but was only $70 at my local lab. It's the only test I've had that wasn't within normal range for my age (was 7.2)  Thanks for the note on a Vit D - I didn't think you could improve AMH but I will look into it :smile:

• Hi everyone! It has also been quite a while since I've been on the bump as we had been holding off TTC to focus on weight-loss. I've popped in a few times to check in, but finally ready to start TTC again soon.

I'm happy to see some of you are/have been successful and have fingers crossed for the rest of you! 

:  WTO

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD 2

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  Oh so many supplements - vitamin C w/ quercetin, vitamin D, iron, folate, mega10 (3+7 fish oils), juice plus, prenatal, B12 shots along with acupuncture and a fairly healthy diet of dairy/gluten/soy free + no added sugar. We also diffuse essential oils at night. I will start Femara tomorrow from CD 3-7.

Rants/Raves
    : Why does my family have to get crazy/have needs that cause stress right around the time when we want to TTC again?

GTKY:  
    I haven't checked the ads yet, but will probably do some shopping (Friday only!! I refuse to shop on Thanksgiving day!), but not nearly as much as past years.

my husband and his good job, our son (rainbow baby, will be 3 in March) is smart, sweet and quite wild and the few close friends we have nearby. I'm also thankful for the ladies I've met on here that I've struggled with through the years, I've kept in touch with a few. And local mom groups, have made several good friendships through those.
    ----
    ME: 40, DH: 44, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!! DS born 3/13/2015
  • @kiwielopingbride I believe I was 36 when my DH and I finally decided we were ready to TTC for #1 and got my AMH tested and were shocked when the result came back 0.4!!! I thought there was no way I'd be able to get pregnant, but my OB said even though that was lower than she'd like to see, it was still possible. I eventually did get pregnant after 7 months of trying but ended in a loss at 9 weeks. I found out a month later after some major blood work that I have a gene disorder called MTHFR which makes it almost impossible for me to absorb vitamins and nutrients from my food, so I had virtually no folic acid or vitamin D and was anemic, even though I had been taking prenatals. After 7 months of following a strict diet plan (which I also lost ~25lbs), took specially formulated supplements (folic acid, vitamin D, vitamin C, vitamin Bs and iron) and did acupuncture, along with 2 rounds of Femara, I got pregnant on the first try. I also took a whole foods based prenatal and prenatal DHA and our son was healthy the whole pregnancy. I had a few issues along the way, but I also have hypothyroidism, so we had to keep adjusting my meds. I'm not saying you have the same things, but just wanted to share a success story to keep the hope alive! :) 

Funnily enough, I had my AMH tested again earlier this year (I'm 40 now) and it was 0.6, the OB was surprised to see it had increased slightly.

Good luck everyone!!
    ----
    ME: 40, DH: 44, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!! DS born 3/13/2015
  • @kiwielopingbride Don’t let those numbers scare you. Sorry you’re on a year waiting list for IVF that’s a pretty tough pill to swallow. What you can do over the next year(hopefully it won’t be that long) is improve the quality of your eggs. Dr Google should be able to provide you with plenty of information on that ;)
  • Appt went well cysts are gone there a a very tiny on on left side and of course my dense one. I asked if there was anything I should be taking and they put me on DHEA and they said everything else was great!!! Hopefully everything is good on bw and I will prob start femera tonight bring on the hot flashes ugh!!! 
  • @Labluver2  YAY Glad to hear they are gone!!

AFM - So we had to push off SOs semen analysis / freeze till monday... I swear every time I make An appointment for him for anything having with the RE in the morning this ALWAYS happens. 
    edited November 2017
    @labluver2 - GL this cycle and I'm glad the cyst is gone

@kiwielopingbride - I will only get the AMH test if it's covered and is not too expensive. I'm not too concerned about it.  I had read FSH is about the quality of eggs and AMH is your ovarian reserve which naturally declines as we age so that makes sense.  I've learned a lot from my natuopath.  If you haven't you should have your Vit D and thyroid checked.  I had read about that in the egg book.  @mdogan29 said she had anemia.  Well that's one of the many things my doctor checks for in the beginning because she believes if any of the basic level vitamins and minerals are low that your chances of conceiving are much harder.  Treating from the bottom up instead of the top.
  • @Labluver2 so glad your appointment went well and no more cysts! Now you can get back to your plan!

@mdogan29 welcome back! I relate to your story as I was almost 38 before we decided we were ready to try for a child!

So I broke down and took a test this morning because I still have a little nausea and no sign of AF but got a bfn. Must just be a funky long cycle.
  • sorry about the bfn @momifbysea - I was so bloated last night and kinda icky feeling.  I don't know if it was something I ate or maybe all the supplements I'm taking upsetting my tummy.  AF is not due until Dec 1 or 2nd.
  • @Momifbysea sorry for the bfn. 
    @vlagrl29 FX that your tummy is upset for a good reason!!

Guys! So I was talking to my cousin today and telling her how we are TTC and that we are doing IVF.. well she started crying because she was so happy for us, made me cry and I just Realized how REAL this is about to become! I am being super optimistic and hoping that the ER next month goes well and we’ll have our embryos ready to roll come transfer time( I’m really hoping for Feb transfer but won’t know till after the surgery how long I’ll be benched) Putting this in someone else’s hand at first felt so unnatural to me, but right now it feels right. 
  • @ndz2018 - it's great you are so positive and optimistic as I think that is really important.  Thanks for the FX but I'm probably only 2 or 3 dpo lol so I doubt it could be that.
  • So I thought about it and my tummy wasn't bloated until after I had the smoothie with kale.  I'm not a kale person usually spinach in smoothies.  So I googled Kale and it can cause bloating and upset tummy so that's probably what it was.  Think I'll just stick with spinach.  I'll look and see if I can find some frozen spinach to add instead.
  • kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited November 2017
    Hi ladies! Glad I came and checked...I forget there are weekly new threads here! :) 

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): In process, genetic screening next month, then start BC. 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD13

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Added wheatgrass to my mix of supplements. So far, lots of extra energy from it...hopefully it makes my eggs healthier :)

Rants/Raves
    : Family just arrived for Thanksgiving, so I'm in a cheerfull mood...if only I didn't have to work this week!  :/

GTKY: Do you have Black Friday shopping plans? Not sure if want to fight the crowds or stay home and online shop!

What are you thankful for? Family, wonderful husband and fur babies <3

@ndz2018 Next month is going to be GREAT!! I love your positive outlook on it all! My mom actually said last night that I seem s much more excited than before during our IUI's. I guess it's because there's a much better chance this way. I'm trying not to get overwhelmed thinking about all the meds and schedules we'll be on :)

@Labluver2 YAY for no more cysts! FX for you!!

@Momifbysea Sending good vibes that your BFP is coming and HCG is just being slow to rise!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @kristimh80 I know! Spoke to my nurse today and we’ll be getting the meds the day after AF gets here it seems. My SO went through IVF with his ex wife( they never conceived) so he’s a pro at giving the injections and needles don’t bother me at all. You start your IVF in Jan, right? Guess we’ll kinda be on the same schedule, assuming I heal nicely after the surgery we will be looking at a Feb/March transfer! 
  • CD3 progesterone 0.1 FSH 5.4 and estrogen was 30 so we got the go ahead to get started same as before 5 days of femera then 2 days gonal then check back CD 10. Dr added Dhea to my many supplements hope it helps.
    edited November 2017
    I"m about supplemented out @labluver2 - Hoping I can stop at least half of mine next month FX.  I didn't take any extras today because of the kale jacking with my stomach.

Curious about the DHEA supplements - is your DHEA in normal range?  I know mine is just 2 above normal range so can you have too much DHEA in your system?
  • @ndz2018 That's awesome your DH is good with shots! I'm too anal so I'll probably do all mine myself. The last triugger shot he gave me, I swore it wasn't in right spot so got as much left I could and did it again  :D Yes...we will be close in schedule for sure!! I don't expect a FET until March, but will see what happens! I probaly should focus on one thing at a time lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• kiwielopingkiwieloping member
    edited November 2017
    @mdogan29 thank you so much for sharing your success story!  Definitely gives me hope!  

@vlagrl29 yes I had thyroid and vitamin/mineral levels checked.  Everything is normal.  I've actually had my thyroid checked a few times because issues run in my family.  Literally all tests have come back normal.  I'm still taking prenatals and a few other supplements though (I've been taking D and zinc for years because of the benefit to immune system).  PS my hubby can't eat raw kale because he gets stomach issues as well...same with broccoli (same family). Hope you are feeling better!

@ndz2018 absolutely googling my heart out today! :smile: