Breastfeeding

Not sure what I need to do

What tips can anyone offer for breastfeeding past 6 months and of course when baby gets teeth.she seems to be teething now and already bites me so I can just imagine what she will do when they actually come in. 

Also I really wanna stop breastfeeding by the time she is a year old because that's when I have to go back to work unfortunately and don't really know how to make that happen either 

Re: Not sure what I need to do

• What tips can anyone offer for breastfeeding past 6 months and of course when baby gets teeth.she seems to be teething now and already bites me so I can just imagine what she will do when they actually come in. 

Also I really wanna stop breastfeeding by the time she is a year old because that's when I have to go back to work unfortunately and don't really know how to make that happen either 

For biting, the best thing to do when she bites is to stop nursing her and tell her “no! You don’t bite when you nurse”. Then give at least a few minutes before trying to nurse her again. Eventually she will equate biting to not nursing. If it tends to happen toward the end of feeding her, try to look for signs that she’s done and stop nursing before she gets bored and bites.

Teeth shouldn’t come into play when nursing. The mouth positioning for nursing should cover all her teeth so they don’t effect you.

As for weaning, I’m still nursing my 16month old, so I don’t have any experience there, but you’ll want to do it gradually so you don’t get engorged.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Occasionally my son bites while nursing. I take him off say no biting and then let him relatch. He loves his food so being stopped is a deterrent enough. I’ve heard some ppl have to sit their babies down for a couple minutes then resume. 

I would talk to a lactation consultant or pediatrician about weaning. I was under the impression that babies should still be on mostly breastmilk/formula at a year however your dr can help you figure out what is best for you guys. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Loading the player...
  • Some people flick their baby's cheek. Are you okay with physical punishment? My mom said it only took a couple times, and I stopped!
  • I also was bitten a handful of times, by my son. As pp suggested, I would remove him and tell him “No” very firmly. If DH was around, he would take him from me. I always waited a few minutes before latching him again.
    As far as weaning, I started eliminating one pumping session each week during the day when he was about 10 months old and he was getting a soppy of frozen milk. Then, around 11 months we subbed his late afternoon nursing with a soppy of milk with dinner. After a week or 2 I stopped nursing him at bedtime and we rocked instead. Finally, a few days after he turned 1 I gave him a soppy of milk with breakfast instead of nursing and we never looked back.
  • Idk why my autocorrect keeps changing sippy to soppy.