TTC after 35

TTCA35 Weekly update: 11/13/17

13»

Re: TTCA35 Weekly update: 11/13/17

• @ndz2018 Awesome!! I'm glad they didn't hold you up over the Rubella vaccine! I remember when I first started medicated cycles, they said I'd have to wait a month after I got that vaccine to do anything. Looks like I'll be a month behind you! The labs are closed most of December here, but they said I could start sims around January 6th. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @kristimh80 I didn’t expect it to happen like this but whatever I’m ready. Even the pharmacy called last night to verify everything and to give me the cost, total for everything, get this. —-$124, and they only reason is it’s that much she said is Bc one of the meds is a compounded and insurance doesn’t cover... I’m like “ Lady, if all I have to pay is $124 I’m totally ok with that” lol 
    If I didn’t have this insurance and prescription plan i’d Probably Bc singing a different tune about jumping right into IVF.
  • Loading the player...
  •  Putting this in someone else’s hands I have to say has taken the pressure off! This month I havent taken my BBT at all, been charting or even looking at the calendar to see if it’s close to ovulation time! It’s feels almost like a relief!! As we were driving down to our shore house last night we realized, HOLY SHIT, by this time next year we could be parents and we also realized this may be our last New Year’s Eve alone so we have decided to party our asses off hopefully as our last NYE childless.. thinking we’ll find some sick concert, party or show in NYC since we live right here and make a night to remember, as long as they don’t schedule my surgery for that week LOL
  • @ndz2018 That's amazing!! The pharmacy almost gave me a stroke...my meds will be $4700  :s But whatever, we figure it's all worth it in the end and don't want to spend any more time or $$ on things that don't work :) Have fun this holiday season!!! This time next year, we both maybe looking back at this year thinking about all the sleep and fun we once had! LOL
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Good luck to everyone starting ivf!!! Started spotting this morning so AF should be arriving any day then I will get started on IUI again a couple more cycles then that's it we are done and will just leave it to God and try on our own. Sometimes its frustrating BC my cycles are so regular I would think it would have happened by now. 

@vlagrl29 I'm not going crazy with the lifestyle change I actually started 3 years prior to try and loose weight and be healthier I used to eat like crap. Its actually helped with my anxiety and depression. Plus I figure it can't hurt only help. I understand what your saying tho with all the stuff out there that can help get you pregnant you couldn't drive yourself crazy taking a bunch of supplemements
  • Awe sending good vibes your way @Labluver2 <3 Everything will work out, but I get your frustration. All my cycles are regular, etc too. It would almost be easy if there was something wrong so could fix it. Even yesterday during my HSC, DH was fussing how frustrating it is because there's never anything wrong. Take care of yourself and enjoy the holidays. I just put up my tree to take my mind off things and to focus my energy elsewhere :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @ndz2018 I don't chart,temp or count CDs anymore - I'm like what's the point and I feel so much better now so I totally understand that relief.  Every time I tried to chart and temp I would just be so much more stressed and yeah we have great BD timing but never got pg those cycles.

@Labluver2 - yeah after I had DD I got on a fitness and eat clean kick and now it's just a lifestyle to me.  Been doing yoga for 4 years and eat pretty well.  I'm a healthy weight for my body.  I can't help but think all the negativity my mind has been is has not been helping us conceive.  It was very stressful after the loss.  I feel we are in a good spot right now with TTC.  How many IUIs have you done?  On the loss board there is a 42 yo lady who did 5 or 6 IUIs and just got a BFP.  If it didn't work 1 more time they were going to go back to naturally TTC.  IVF was not an option for them.  She started Ubiquinol and DHEA about the same time as I did and produced more follicles this cycle so that says a lot.  I'm not doing DHEA but am doing Ubiquinol and I sure have noticed a heck of a lot more EWCM which is promising to me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @vlagrl29 we have done 5 so far but I've known people to get preg with more. My nurse got pregnant on her 6th and there were two on my fertility board one got pregnant on their 12th. I'm not on DHEA but I am on ubiquinol I take 400mg a day. 
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited November 2017
    12 wow! I didn't know one could do so many @Labluver2 I take the same amount of uniquinol. I don't do dhea cause I heard it's a hormone. And mine was fine.
  • @vlagrl29 my Dr said they pretty much let you do as many as you want if your not moving on to ivf. One woman they said was on her 22. I'm not doing that many prob a few more then calling it quits. 

AF showed this morning on time as usual so we will be starting blood work and ultrasounds this week. I'm guessing I ui will be at the beginning of December.
  • @Labluver2 Holy smokes, 22? My dr opted that I could do 2 more IUI's if wanted to, but seemed to think numerous one's wouldn't do any better. Maybe because I have a retroverted uterus or something or something weird lol Sorry AF showed her ugly face! Silver lining...you get to have another chance very soon <3
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• We didn’t really even get an option for going IUI. I guess Bc of SOs low count and 0% morph or maybe a combination of my septum uterus and surgery coming up this is our best chance? Either way we are ready.  We have another SA on tue to freeze so it’s all ready for my ER :) so, so many emotions. This is moving way quicker than I thought, not that I’m not all about getting it done, i guess I just wasn’t prepared to go straight to IVF. But here we are getting our meds soon and ER next month. 

• Sorry about AF @labluver2 - GL this cycle! 
  • Guys I also saw this posted in the infertility board and binged viewed it this morning. Made me laugh, made me cry and canbtitally empathize with it. This link is just the trailer but the episodes on YouTube are literally like 7 min long. 

https://youtu.be/fiKl4MQzAqs
  • That looks funny! @ndz2018. There have been a couple times dh has almost accidentally but his thing in my butt.
  • @vlagrl29 “accidentally”?? Yeah right LOL
  • I know it!! I would let him know it was higher lol 
  • @ndz2018 SO excited for you!!! I felt the same way...didn't expect them to be ready so quick!! I'm excited to follow your journey next month <3 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Tomorrow I go in for CD3 blood work and ultrasound let's hope the cysts went away and I can beginning this cycle. I'm in a good place right now I just don't want to go back to the bad place I was a few months ago so I'm trying to remain positive and know I can get pregnant its just a matter of when.