June 2018 Moms
Options

Confused, more questions than answers

If this post is in the wrong place, I'll move it but wasn't sure where else to go. Last night when I got off work, I went to the ER. I have been having pink and brown discharge (sorry if tmi) for a couple of days and cramping since the weekend and I feared a MC. Being my 4th pregnancy I never had these symptoms before. An ultrasound was done and the doc said I appeared to be 5 weeks, though I should be 8 weeks. They checked blood and everything else, and HCG levels are high still, nurse says I'm still pregnant. Of course I'll be following up with OBGYN but has anyone else had an ultrasound say they weren't nearly as far along as presumed and still half everything come out ok? (Cycles are like clockwork).

Re: Confused, more questions than answers

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Were you tracking ovulation? Its definitely possible you're not as far along as you think you are if you were basing your due date on LMP. You could have ovulated later than you thought.

ETA: This possibly could have gone in the weekly questions thread? I'm not sure though.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited November 2017
    This is what I am dealing with although I haven’t had any spotting/bleeding. My lmp was 8/31, i got a positive test in 9/29 which was one day after my missed period. I went for blood tests to make sure my levels were rising appropriately, which they were. I went in for my first ultrasound at what I thought was 8 weeks, 4 days. I was only measuring 4-5 weeks at that point. 2 weeks after i went for a follow up u/s and baby measured at 6 weeks 1 day. My ob says everything is progressing as normal and she doesn’t see anything wrong. I go for another u/s today to confirm growth. 

Edit to add: I’m assuming I ovulated later than normal. I know it’s nerve wracking, but I have to remind myself that today I am pregnant. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went in for my 8 week appointment and was only 6 weeks. My cycles are typically 34 days which makes sense. You probably ovulated later than you expected. Also, the baby can be measuring smaller than it really is this early on. I have many friends who’s due dates continued to change as their pregnancy went on. I would not be concerned and just try to enjoy! As for the brown & pink discharge, I don’t have these symptoms but as long as the doctor said everything was progressing well I wouldn’t worry. Best of luck to you! 
  • Options
    Thank you all ❤❤❤
  • Options
    Wasn't tracking ovulation because we weren't trying, but I was happy when after a few days late we got a bfp.  Husband was stressed about it but hopes for the best, and has been very supportive. He's worried for the situation, his first wife miscarried shortly after they found out she was pregnant and she never wanted to try again. I have had 3 beautiful kids and have always wanted an even number. (My 3rd is his first).
  • Options

At my first ultrasound (at 7ish weeks) the measurements had about a 5 day variance based on what angle the doctor was measuring at, which makes me think that at this early stage it's really hard to measure accurately, especially when they're all curled up like a shrimp.

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mamabear04081518 could it potentially be a subcorniac hemorrhage? I had one at 6 weeks with my DS and everything turned out fine. We just had to take it easy for two weeks. I'm currently going through it again, but without the spotting.

It's when the blood vessels between the placenta and uterine wall hemorrhage.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I guess what confused me the most was that my period was due 10/10, about 10/15 I tested faintly positive (we weren't trying, I could hardly believe it). Tested again a week later and line was darker, definitely positive. LMP was 9/10. By my reckoning I should be nearly 9 weeks, Wednesday the ER doc said I measured 5 weeks, that I may have ovulated late. The nurse told me my HcG was 14,000+ which I read later was about where it should be for 8 weeks.  Still hoping little bean is ok, waiting to see OB/GYN to know for sure.
  • Options
    @mamabear04081518 I would take what an ER doc says with a bit of skepticism. When they aren’t specifically trained on maternity care sometimes they can make oddball calls that aren’t accurate. Try not to worry if you’re numbers are reading well. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ***tw****Did you get a reading on your progesterone? 

My story sounded a lot like yours....complete with a "congrats, everything looks great, just a little early!"..... unfortunately my ending was not a happy one. 

Call and get another US scheduled. 
  • Options
    Waiting stinks. Was denied Medicaid (went to website and found out), am otherwise uninsured. So I called the health department to set up an appointment with them but they won't set up an appointment for me until my denial letter actually comes. Still spotting, usually more in the evening when I am more active (I work nights, husband works days so someone is always home for the kids). Sometimes pink, sometimes brown, sometimes red, sometimes deep red. Been about a week. Still "feeling" pregnant with the other symptoms. Just ready for answers...
  • Options
    Well, bleeding worse tonight. Only noticed the blood before when wiping, tonight here at work I wish I had worn a pad. I don't want to claim it's done but I am afraid it may be.
  • Options
    @mamabear04081518 thinking of you. I hope you get answers soon.  ::creepy internet hugs::
  • Options
    @mamabear04081518 - Keeping you in my thoughts.
    FWIW, you don't need insurance to see a physician and establish at an OBGYN if you're not already. You can't be denied care based on your insurance status.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    Thank you all for your help and kind words, I am glad there is such a supportive group here. I don't know if I will be blessed enough to try again or not but I hope so eventually. I hope all of you have strong, happy, healthy, beautiful babies ❤. As for me.... Passed some dark tissue (like with a period but less) and still light bleeding. May need to go to ER again, pretty sure it's not normal (never had any of these issues before).
  • Options
    Keeping you in my thoughts!!