June 2018 Moms

Weekly Appointments | w/o 11/13

2»

Re: Weekly Appointments | w/o 11/13

• I get to meet my OB for the first time Friday. She'll introduce herself by giving me a pap :D
  • I had my blood drawn this weekend and found out that I am Rh Negative (blood type is A-) and will have to get a shot at 28 weeks to make sure that my body doesn't think my baby is a foreign invader :open_mouth: 

Anyone else have this situation? I'm not worried (I trust the doctors have this under control) but it is a little crazy - mainly thinking about how, if I were born in a different time, I might not have been able to have kids??!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @diadem_I I'm rh negative. the shots not a big deal. unless the baby has the same blood type as you, you'll have to get it again after delivery. I lucked out and he matched me, so I only had the on shot that pregnancy.

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @diadem_l - Ditto what @catlady1215 said. I'm RH- and am expecting the Rhogam shot. No big deal.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @diadem_l ~ Do you know your SO’a blood type? The only reason you would need to have a shot is if he is RH+. 

I am B- and DH is A+ ~ I had a couple instances of bleeding during my pregnancy with DS so I got a couple of shots during my pregnancy. When DS was born his blood tested AB+, so I had to get another at delivery too. The shots are NBD. 

However, if DH had also been - there would be no concern of a + baby, therefore no shots needed. 
  • Also RH- It’s no big deal once they’re aware of it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So happy to hear all of the positive updates!

Add me to the Rh- list @diadem_l - I hardly felt the shots with DS. They gave me mine in the butt.

I have a prenatal appt tomorrow morning. I don't think they'll do another U/S but I think the OB is going to try to hear the heartbeat on the doppler so I'm excited for that!

• doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited November 2017
    @fitzandgiggles real question: I thought you could only know for sure they're fraternal twins if they're B/G? Like, they're obv identical if they share a sac or a placenta, but I thought di/di if they're same sex then you don't know for sure? 

But yay twins! (unless you're not happy about it... in which case I'll revise my response... lol)
  • @doxiemoxie212 The midwife said definitely fraternal so I don't know. We're over the moon exited, I've always wanted twins and have had a gut feeling the last week that there were 2 in there. We go back on the 29th for a more in depth u/s and an informational sit down about multiples. 
    BabyFruit Ticker . Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker . Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @fitzandgiggles Isn’t it crazy how you can just know? I knew my second was a boy before I even took a test. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Appointment was good but no US yet. Just intake info and blood drawn/urine sample taken. I'll have a vaginal ultrasound in 2 weeks at my 10 week appt. Still feeling nervous that we haven't seen baby yet but the nurse reassured me that since I'm not having any bad symptoms that everything should be fine. Now I'll just be antsy for another two weeks!!

The other bummer is that we were considering telling DH's extended family at Thanksgiving next week IF we had had an US and saw that everything was all good. Now I think we'll hold off for a little while longer and just keep it between immediate family. Hopefully I can pass off some mocktails as real ones around DH's crazy aunts...
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • I had my appointment today for the bloodwork and to discuss all the tests and everything that I will get. This is the first real appointment I had to finally get to ask questions and talk. I have low blood sugar and almost passed out when they took my blood which was a fun time!

I found out I won’t get my anatomy ultrasound until 20 weeks which is about end of January so that’s when we can find out the sex. I have to get a special ultrasound at 28 weeks too because my neice has transpositon of the heart valves (I think that was what it was called) and passed away after surgery when she was born so they want to make sure my baby doesn’t have that too as it could possibly be genetic.